TFP public server, jump in, play for a bit, thanks for your help!

Hated

Hello survivors!

We are currently investigating several server issues that necessitate extensive logging of incoming and outgoing server traffic.

It will only be running for a week or two, so do not expect to play a long term game.

TFP Public Test
NorthAmericaEast
185.209.179.61:25012
Password: tfptest

Direct Connect

steam://connect/185.209.179.61:25012/tfptest

Highlight the url, right-click, and select open in a new tab/window. It should launch the client and direct connect you to the server.

Edited by SylenThunder (see edit history)

• Hated unlocked this topic

Is it PVP?

Last time I jumped on the TFP test server I was there about 10 minutes and someone killed me.

I was thinking it was PVE as it wasn't mentioned anywhere but when I asked later I was told yeah it is PVP..

I haven't played PVP in this game one time. Just not my cup of tea.

54 minutes ago, schwanz9000 said:

PVP is on, but we'd like to keep it friendly. Been good so far.

Just logging in punching grass for a few minutes is helpful to get some server traffic on it.

Punching grass I can do... :)

Respectfully, I gave it a shot.   I'm out.  Took a few minutes to explore and get to the trader, and  before completing the newbie quest to the trader I got murdered by griefers camping the trader to kill people.   This is why I don't PVP, or I only PVP where there's low level character protection from it.  

I am HAPPY to test anything with PVP off.  Love the game. I despise griefer gamers.

1 hour ago, SisterDiscord said:

Respectfully, I gave it a shot.   I'm out.  Took a few minutes to explore and get to the trader, and  before completing the newbie quest to the trader I got murdered by griefers camping the trader to kill people.   This is why I don't PVP, or I only PVP where there's low level character protection from it.  

I am HAPPY to test anything with PVP off.  Love the game. I despise griefer gamers.

hello, just because you where killed at the trader doesn't mean you was camped. There is only a limited amount of traders on a map shared by everyone else... im assuming you went there to do a quest (the same as who ever killed you went there for) First rule of any pvp allowed server is check your back before entering the trader.. gl

18 minutes ago, Grandpa Minion said:

hello, just because you where killed at the trader doesn't mean you was camped. There is only a limited amount of traders on a map shared by everyone else... im assuming you went there to do a quest (the same as who ever killed you went there for) First rule of any pvp allowed server is check your back before entering the trader.. gl

Look, people sniping low level players is the reason those guardrails get implemented in most games.   It's not funny, it's not even good gaming - it just sucks.  It's someone lazy who is punching down and thinks it's cute.  And people who say "Oh, that's your fault get good' yuk yuk just enable it.   I've said my bit, I won't respond further, we just respectfully have different gameplay styles 

You do you, I'mma go play PVE with my crew.  

Best.
SD

just want to add that although PvP happens to be on TFP is testing stuff. There's no reason for anyone to go full 300 on people and kill them for no reason, especially at a Trader compound. I didn't know PvP was on and it makes sense now why people were staring at me the minute I walked into the compound when I was turning in my Newbie quest.

PvP has been disabled on the server for now. It only takes a few @%$#s to ruin it for everyone else. 

2 hours ago, P3rf3ctVZer0 said:

So on the tfptest server I am randomly losing upgrade block hammer noise and in some cases delays by 1.2s it seems to definitely be impacted by people text chatting.

Pretty sure text chat didn't have anything to do with this. Did discover some players basically demolishing part of a city though, which could have caused it.

2 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

PvP has been disabled on the server for now. It only takes a few @%$#s to ruin it for everyone else. 

I dont see how you claim it ruins it for everyone else? That definately doesn't include me or the 100+ people i personally know who was planning on joining to help identify some issues. If anything turning pvp off gave players a reason not to join now. However- I am glad that server is a 32 man server for sure because once you reach 25+ players that is when your going start seeing the zombie freeze, zombie falling in ground and such. 

This is not a topic to debate PVP, let's keep it out of here, please.

Edited by Jugginator (see edit history)

So just to clarify, Someone who didnt want to get killed by other players, went on PVP and got killed and then complained so now you've made everything PVE becuase one fool went to PVP instead of PVE?!? So screw everyone else???

I didn't realise this was a game for babysitting one toddler that can't pick the right gaming style.

Hello. I have played PVP ONLY since the beginning of this game. Playing pvp is quite different than playing pve. We dont care much about zombies. The main goal for most pvp players is to get kills on other players. There are some of us who also enjoy the pve aspect of the game.  Base building , looting , trader quests and raids are very important to the pvp player. I know getting killed and losing your stuff is terrible but the thrill of the kill and the chance of losing all your stuff is what makes the pvp server more exciting for many players. Pve becomes boring and fighting zombies does not really give much of a Challange.  A pvp player has to play a different way in order not to get killed so fast.  Grouping up in teams, going looting or to the trader with a buddy and expecting to run into others is a must. Your awareness has to be at its best. There is NO TRUE freindly pvp server because that essentially is PVE . Killing other players is part of PVP.  If you dont want  to take the risk , than you should not play pvp. There will be jerks who camp the trader or hunt new players for kills . Servers can mod the traders as no killing zones but the more you mod your pvp server to be more like pve  the less pvp action your are going to get. There are many issues that are specific to pvp servers such as render distance, xray, base lag, battle lag, zombie lag etc. I think you should continue to test pvp and let some of us pvp players fill it up and run it for a while to see if you can enhance that part of the game. Dont give up just because of some pve crybabies who got killed. If the pvp was worked on in here it would be and amazing experience. Just my opinion. Thanks

This is a test server for TFP and they stated that they need people logging on and logging off. Coming and going and goofing around a bit doing different things on the server but logging in and logging out. They aren't testing PvP so it is irrelevant to this particular server. It began with PvP enabled but it wasn't set up to be a PvP server. 

If you want to really help then the best thing to do is to log into the server and give a little rant about it not being PvP and then log out instead of giving your rants here. There has already been one warning given by an administrator and this is the second warning.

No more talk in this thread about PvP.

6 hours ago, P3rf3ctVZer0 said:

So on the tfptest server I am randomly losing upgrade block hammer noise and in some cases delays by 1.2s it seems to definitely be impacted by people text chatting.

I didn't mention it earlier but when I was on I had similar thing happen. When I was chopping a tree or harvesting a boulder about every 3rd hit I wouldn't hear the sound of the stone axe hitting.

For some reason it didn't click for me to mention this. Sorry, guess I am not the best tester as it happening seemed so trivial.

Logged in, made my way to a Tier 3 POI and set up a small camp in the garage, put down a claim and set out to clear the POI.  ZERO zombies found, all loot was intact so it hadn't been previously looted.  (The Hyde Residence located at the edge of green/burnt at 1290E 320N.)  Lifted claim and sleeping bag and logged out.  My sound was in and out, though I can't say if it was the game or windows being windows.  Thanks for the invite!

• Roland locked and unpinned this topic
  • Hated pinned this topic
  • Roland unpinned this topic