Alpha 21 Dev Diary

Roland

1 hour ago, Matt115 said:

it's almost final design. it won't change 180*

I mean the faces! The bodies are fine im

Plus who ever posted it must be using a lower rig

The only thing I don't like is the Googles on the lumberjack.  Aside from that and the clearly WIP nature. 

I like it 

I just came with the conclusion that it's just the model of the armor not the human model. They are also showing the ones with players! 

We also have a few more armors like fiber, raider, desert, miner and more 

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)

I'm fine with them! And that's even not all, there are some more that are not revealed yet.

Would love to see them in motion. In that screenshot they might seem a lil "clumsy" because they're pasted flat onto a random background, no shadows or correct lighting.

Maybe that's what's bugging some people about it?

btw I once tried to make the shoes of the tech/nerd model irl.

image.png.ed7a55a6239114c81113ab25eb525de0.png

They work great...to entertain others watching you 😄

Edited by meilodasreh (see edit history)

5 hours ago, meilodasreh said:

I'm fine with them! And that's even not all, there are some more that are not revealed yet.

Would love to see them in motion. In that screenshot they might seem a lil "clumsy" because they're pasted flat onto a random background, no shadows or correct lighting.

Maybe that's what's bugging some people about it?

btw I once tried to make the shoes of the tech/nerd model irl.

image.png.ed7a55a6239114c81113ab25eb525de0.png

They work great...to entertain others watching you 😄

They are called moon shoes 

14 hours ago, Matt115 said:

1. Gogle man is fine 

2. looks like someone was trying to make bootleg of RE 4 trader.  short pants doesn't have sense.  backpack? this same thing  -  it could be just mountain backpack and much more 

3. is fine

4. why this farmer outfit is so bloody? it doesn't have sense for living person. You know what could wear farmer? just...  denim overralls, hat but normal basketball.. geez it's not 60's anymore,gloves and shoes are fine.

5. this military outfit doesn't have any sense. You know what could be suit perfectly? reused zombie soldier outfit just undestroyed version.

6. nerd armor is just cringe. Who was thinking it's  good idea to add something like this ?

7. Hello Space pirate!.. oh this is not 90's movie about 2234? damn  - Gasmask is good idea just... change into normal military gasmark. Don't worry about licenses because you can add Vietnam period mask and it will be good enough and much better that this

Sumarry - most of them looks like taken from few diffrent games 

Fine. But that's just your personal taste, not an objectively bad thing.

Ask 10 different people about what they think about that, and you'll receive 10 different answers.

1 hour ago, Jost Amman said:

Ask 10 different people about what they think about that, and you'll receive 10 different answers.

He's right though - the nerd armor is just.. ugh. TFP should just get rid of it.

37 minutes ago, Old Crow said:

He's right though - the nerd armor is just.. ugh. TFP should just get rid of it.

But Jost Amman is right, it's a taste thing.

So just because YOU don't like it, it should be removed. The fact that they made the time to make this armor proves that there are people liking this.

The farmer being all bloody and having an outfit out of a Ghibli movie set in the 30's is kind of weird, you gotta admit. Ballcap/cowboy hat, jeans, coat/flannel shirt/t-shirt, would make a lot more sense. If they do want some goofy looking farmer, might as well have gone for tall rubber boots (aka gumboots/wellies) like a lot of hog farmers wear.

1 hour ago, FramFramson said:

The farmer being all bloody and having an outfit out of a Ghibli movie set in the 30's is kind of weird, you gotta admit. 

Coming from a state with farmers and a zillion ranchers, this is the one outfit that causes raised eyebrows on me.

No rancher or farmer in my state ever dresses like this unless it is for Halloween. In this state: flannel shirt; jeans; cowboy hat; pistol; sheepskin jacket; work boots; sunglasses; and maybe a bandana around the neck.

5 hours ago, Old Crow said:

I mean... I didn't say it's perfect or that we can't talk about it or give feedback.

I'm just saying that rejecting the whole thing outright, it's something that is about his own personal taste.

Some of us will find many of those outfits ok, some good, some ugly.

But probably most of us don't think the whole set of outfits is ugly and must be scrapped, am I right?

6 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

It's objective bad design. There reasonable and unreasonable design - do normal thinking person would wear "geek outfit". No. Normal person would... wear normal clothes like  this - Marauders | Days Gone Wiki | Fandom  .

it's not 100 years later so people were totaly random stuff because can't undestand what was their point. Here world looks like nuked 5 years ago so people still should take "patterns" from prenuke times

3 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

I mean... I didn't say it's perfect or that we can't talk about it or give feedback.

I'm just saying that rejecting the whole thing outright, it's something that is about his own personal taste.

Some of us will find many of those outfits ok, some good, some ugly.

But probably most of us don't think the whole set of outfits is ugly and must be scrapped, am I right?

i wrote a comment about it explaining why i'm right yet "   this content must be approved before it can be edited" what the...

28 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

i wrote a comment about it explaining why i'm right yet "   this content must be approved before it can be edited" what the...

calm down as it is apparent they are trying to get the forums set up for catching spammers and or the new ai crap and just bad links being used.

its not the end of the world yet ... but just think... when the end is here, you'll get all the skeletons you can handle. :) ooops

5 minutes ago, unholyjoe said:

calm down as it is apparent they are trying to get the forums set up for catching spammers and or the new ai crap and just bad links being used.

its not the end of the world yet ... but just think... when the end is here, you'll get all the skeletons you can handle. :) ooops

i'm stressed this days because of my dad health 😔 i will wait until Roland or Meganoth show up

SOOO MANY SKELETONS! It would be perfect.😊

1 hour ago, Matt115 said:

It's objective bad design. There reasonable and unreasonable design - do normal thinking person would wear "geek outfit". No. Normal person would... wear normal clothes like  this - Marauders | Days Gone Wiki | Fandom  .

it's not 100 years later so people were totaly random stuff because can't undestand what was their point. Here world looks like nuked 5 years ago so people still should take "patterns" from prenuke times

I don't think it is objectively bad. When you see a preposterous machine in a mickey mouse comic then it fits. If you see the same preposterous machine Days gone it won't fit.

And you still assume 7D2D to be a different game than it really is and so you come to the wrong conclusions. The geek outfits fits perfectly with a world that has a night club called "Booby Trap"  and a weapon mod for the baton that throws zombies 10 meters through the air.

46 minutes ago, meganoth said:

I don't think it is objectively bad. When you see a preposterous machine in a mickey mouse comic then it fits. If you see the same preposterous machine Days gone it won't fit.

And you still assume 7D2D to be a different game than it really is and so you come to the wrong conclusions. The geek outfits fits perfectly with a world that has a night club called "Booby Trap"  and a weapon mod for the baton that throws zombies 10 meters through the air.

For the true goofy experience I'll wear the lumberjack goggles. 

Some people truly love cringy goofy looks. Back when TFP had no limits on their character creation parameters there were characters created by players that were way goofier, cringier, and weirder than the nerd outfit. 

And they did it for laughs. There was a lot of disappointment expressed when those goofy characters were prevented later. The nerd outfit will bring laughs from teammates when they see it and that appeals to some people.

My prediction is that the nerd outfit will become a favorite over time. 

As for the farmer, he just got done mixing rotten flesh into his planter box and so of course he got some blood on his clothes….

On 9/15/2023 at 7:23 PM, meilodasreh said:

recent fb post about new player models

May be an image of 3 people, artillery and text

why didn't we already start to bring up weird conspiracy theories about why the face of the hoarder is blacked out, and why the guy next to him has a floating hat over his way too short neck

What happened to all the knives on the assassin armour that was the best part 

7 minutes ago, VoltraLux said:

What happened to all the knives on the assassin armour that was the best part 

I moved it

Found some more armors the new ones are 

Ranger, the cowboy one and the goth one is biker

It would be cool if we got the whiteriver and Cazador armor and they could also wear our armor Maybe there is more cuz scavenger and lumber armor isn't here. And a few seem to be missing like where is a winter armor 

Maybe the way to tell is wraps on the neck. If they are white, they are whiteriver, if they are orange they are cazador

QdOOthKEmX0.jpg

QgRfrgE7tqo.jpg

vnvyhy30o2k.jpg

FOOgJvrC0ms.jpg

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)