Alpha 21 Dev Diary

Roland

3 hours ago, Gamida said:

I thought more dangerous animals spawning at night was a thing already...including in forest biome.

Well make them spawn in the day sometimes and much more in the dark 

Maybe some animals won't activatly hunt you down until you say have lower hp like what vultures do. 

3 hours ago, Dreyseth said:

but at night you can just walk past them as they don't seem to see, hear, or smell anything when it's dark

They are kinda stupid compared to zombies. Lmao 

4 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

Well make them spawn in the day sometimes and much more in the dark 

Maybe some animals won't activatly hunt you down until you say have lower hp like what vultures do. 

They are kinda stupid compared to zombies. Lmao 

Vultures hunt me down even when my HP is at full.

46 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

Wild vulture In the desert?? 

I guess that would explain why they mauled me. But I also had to fight a rattlesnake

But to be fair you would have to have both hands tied behind your back to fight the rattlesnake :)

On 11/5/2023 at 9:10 AM, Jost Amman said:

The forest biome is the safest there is... they can't add bears or wolves back in!

Maybe a zombie kitten? :fear:

kitten licking GIF

ah great...now cute kittens have finally leaked into this thread, which was the last resort of the whole internet without those.

...well then, beware of these two apex predators:

11 hours ago, Old Crow said:

Vultures hunt me down even when my HP is at full.

The POI spawned vultures for sure attack on sight, however it seemed to me that out in the environment they would follow menacingly, but not actually attack.  Not like I really want to turn my back to confirm such theories.  

15 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

Wild vulture In the desert?? 

I guess that would explain why they mauled me. But I also had to fight a rattlesnake

Yup. They like chasing and attacking no matter what my HP or injury status is.

12 hours ago, Dreyseth said:

The POI spawned vultures for sure attack on sight, however it seemed to me that out in the environment they would follow menacingly, but not actually attack.  Not like I really want to turn my back to confirm such theories.  

I know POI vultures will. These were wild ones though.

19 hours ago, Dreyseth said:

7 hours ago, Old Crow said:

Yup. They like chasing and attacking no matter what my HP or injury status is.

I know POI vultures will. These were wild ones though.

They will also attack if you are riding any vehicle.

I can think of two posibilities....

natural history museums are not really hard to break in during the apocalypsis so you can pretty much pick your fav bike ornaments (which i would totally do also)

or they just spoiled the new giant vulture boss they were saving for alpha32

22... i meant alpha 22

3 minutes ago, Mumpfy said:

I can think of two posibilities....

natural history museums are not really hard to break in during the apocalypsis so you can pretty much pick your fav bike ornaments (which i would totally do also)

or they just spoiled the new giant vulture boss they were saving for alpha32

22... i meant alpha 22

A Natural History Museum POI, but in 7 days to die  

@Laz Man

4 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

New motorcycle model. 

I especially like the mucky brake discs. They just tell the same story as the whole badass bike design: I don't brake for nothing...or never at all to be exact 😀

weird side note:

the moment I saw the first screenshot, I immediately remembered that location as my spawnpoint in Navezgane I think it was the very first time I started the game back in...I guess A16?.

Crazy how the game burns itself into your brain isn't it?

Edited by meilodasreh (see edit history)

Regarding bikes or cars or whatever vehicle and armor, I would prefer them to look more normal but beat up normal. Same with armor, I would prefer to have light armor being worn looking heavy clothes, medium armor being something like we have like a stop sign knit into a heavy shirt and heavy armor being like a  padded chest with metal in it. 
Have a few different looks for

each set, bothers me how all players ultimately look the same. I know this is more programming work and maybe it is not a reasonable thing to expect at this point.

Maybe as a story develops it will make more sense why the cars on the street are normal, looted clothes are normal but we all drive around in mad max like vehicles and wear mad max like clothes.