Alpha 21 Dev Diary

Roland

23 hours ago, the_envenom said:

Why is there blue on the side of the moon? 

Moon has an atmosphere in 7D2D, and the story is to build a rocket and get there to escape the zombies.

The recipe is

10.000.000 electrical parts

15.000.000 mechanical parts

5.000.000 polymer

1.000.000 steel

10 leather 

10 cotton

1 ElonMusk (loot only item that has a 1:100.000.000 chance to drop from an airdrop at gamestage 5000 or higher)

also needs 50.000.000 fuel

But don't sweat, trader Bob has a good chance to have a rocket for sale as from day 7000, at a cost of 180billion dukes.

...and people are complaining there is no end game content, pfffft... 

I'm not expecting A22 Dev Diary until end of the year.

Yes, they told us it would be a shorter cycle to A22, but on the other hand lots of stuff for A22 is already known and been showcased, because it was planned for A21 in the first place.

So they don't really have much new stuff to show and tell, and before they have bandits running on a level that's worth showing without everybody being "meh already saw that in the A21 dev thingy"...well that's why I guess not before end of 2023.

Feel free to rant at me for being such a pessimist.

I'd love to stand corrected.

24 minutes ago, meilodasreh said:

Yes, they told us it would be a shorter cycle to A22, but on the other hand lots of stuff for A22 is already known and been showcased, because it was planned for A21 in the first place.

So they don't really have much new stuff to show and tell, and before they have bandits running on a level that's worth showing without everybody being "meh already saw that in the A21 dev thingy"...well that's why I guess not before end of 2023.

I suppose I'm just being impatient 

I just really want to see how the armor system Is going to work.  Kinda excited about it tbh 

53 minutes ago, meilodasreh said:

PLUS

the longer it is before the Alpha 22 Dev Diary comes out the shorter it will be between it and A22 experimental releasing...fulfilling the mentioning of there being shorter release period between alphas :)

On 8/17/2023 at 4:03 AM, Jost Amman said:

IKR? Last time I had to turn off the game because... how could I play knowing that? :rolleyes2:

I was strolling around and casually looking at the moon with my sniper rifle, and BAM! That blue got in my head! :madgrin:

How did you know?
That's exactly what happened

11 hours ago, meilodasreh said:

Most likely they're neck-deep in costumes and outfits so they can't find the keyboard to update to A22. The first iterations of bandits almost made A21 so it's gotta be that other feature overhaul coming to A22 that people don't really want to think about or acknowledge.... ;)

Edited by Roland (see edit history)

6 minutes ago, Roland said:

Most likely they're neck-deep in costumes and outfits so they can't find the keyboard to update to A22. The first iterations of bandits almost made A21 so it's gotta be that other feature overhaul coming to A22 that people don't really want to think about or acknowledge.... ;)

I'm so excited about the new armor. After playing awhile. I see why they want to change it

What does this mean.... 
In this 10 Floor skyscraper that I'm building, there's this one spot in the building that shows it doesn't have enough support. But that's impossible cause on the other side of the floor, it's the exact same build layout, and works fine over there. It's all symmetrical, if one side fails, the other side should fail too. On floors 1-3 this problem isn't happening but the floors above it's a problem.
If someone could explain why this is happening, it'll be greatly appreciated.
Sigh, I might just hire an actual architect to do this for me....

EDIT: Solved, it was just my iq being -1000 

20230818141709_1.jpg

20230819025129_1.jpg

20230819030506_1.jpg

Edited by the_envenom
closing this question (see edit history)

45 minutes ago, the_envenom said:

If someone could explain why this is happening, it'll be greatly appreciated.

As far as I know, this is a known, and never resolved, issue with the Structural Integrity engine.

Sometimes you get a glitch like this and there's no apparent reason.

It's a bit of a long shot, but one thing you could try, is to use the console command: repairchunkdensity (RCD) on all the chunks of that column, up to bedrock.

Maybe there's some issue in the terrain below which messes up the SI calculations?

6 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

Marauder Armor in Alpha 22
seen before but still cool!

Yes I like that too indeed.

It is so ridiculously overexaggerated that it's fine again 😄

When you look at the thickness of some of the metal sheets, you know this must weigh a ton easily, but who cares, I carry around thousands of solid concrete blocks, so what. 😀

I really hope that if you wear this, you are able to sprint through one or two layers of wooden walls at an immense stamina cost, that would be cool.

Edited by meilodasreh (see edit history)

3 hours ago, meilodasreh said:

Yes I like that too indeed.

It is so ridiculously overexaggerated that it's fine again 😄

When you look at the thickness of some of the metal sheets, you know this must weigh a ton easily, but who cares, I carry around thousands of solid concrete blocks, so what. 😀

I really hope that if you wear this, you are able to sprint through one or two layers of wooden walls at an immense stamina cost, that would be cool.

I just hope the prices are modular. I would love to wear another hat or legs and have a DUMMY THICK Chest