Music to Slay By -- what songs do you listen to when playing 7D2D?

PoppaSmirk

So, this came up as a convo this past weekend,  when 3 of Our Fab 4 were playing.  One of the women that plays with Our group had her "7d2d" music on,  and one of My other players starts singing along,  hearing it in the background of our Voicechat.  I slowly start thinking there is a theme involved in the song selections playing.  My female Teammate then admitted,  "yes I have a mix made just for playing 7D2D"   Now the convo went full bloom, asking if She had a variety of songs that suddenly leapt to mind as part of her 'mix'

I got such a grin at the list, I decided to share some of the more inspired choices,  wondering if others have some fave songs to slay by.

Bodies  -  Drowning Pool

A Country Boy can Survive - Hank Williams Jr.

We will Become Silhouettes  -  The Postal Service ( I never heard of this group until this past weekend)

Survivor -- Destinys Child

Zombies - Lacuna Coil  ( I had to agree, this song pumps up a POI raid )

Still haven't found what I'm looking for  - U2  (My fave on the list)

Its the End of the World as We know It (and I feel fine) -- R.E.M.

Stronger - Kanye West

Tubthumper -- Chumbawamba

Fighter - Christina Aguilera

Living Dead Girl  - Rob Zombie ( All three of Us were singing along to this tune, great mood music for prowling in the Wasteland)

Survivor --I will Survive  -  Glee Cast

My Baby Looks good in Camouflage - Rhett Atkins (again, a song I had never heard before, but the fave song of My female teammate )

Spirit in the Sky - Norman Greenbaum (Guardians of the Galaxy Awesome Mix Vol 1 & 2 )

I hope this brings some smiles to the rest of you out there, and if you have any fave "7D2D tunes, I'd love to hear about them,  after this last weekend I am making a playlist of My own.

Edited by PoppaSmirk
duplicated lines inserted (see edit history)

I play a tracklist of dark, gloomy and sinister ambient music I made a while ago. I already like dark ambient itself and own several works of many artists of the genre.

This is oriented toward a cinematic experience and sustaining a deep, immersive post-apocalyptic atmosphere. Give it a try and let me know your impressions 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah this is one game that I can’t listen to music whilst playing, I need to be able to hear them damn Zombies, even though they still manage to jump scare me now n then.

if I had to pick one song it would be Kermit the frog - Rainbow connection 🌈 

Bauhaus - Bela Lugosis dead.

The Mission- Wasteland.

Shes lost Control - Joy Division

Horse with no name - America.

Valentines Day - David Bowie.

Zager and Evans - In the Year 2525

These boots were made for walking - Mrs Miller.

A Forest -The Cure.

This Corrosion - Sisters Of Mercy.

Sound of Silence - Simon and Garfunkel

California dreaming - Mamas and the Papas

Happy House - Siouxsie and the Banshees

Ants Invasion - Adam and the Ants

Tear - BTS

Mad World - Tears for Fears

The Earth Dies Screaming - UB40

The Man Who Sold The World - David Bowie.

Robot Man - OMD

There is a Light - The Smiths.

Who da hell listens to music while playing a game?   Like i turn off the in game music as soon a the game is installed.

However, if I were somehow FORCED to listen to some music, here are a few selections both music I would listen to and a meme pick or two:

Im sure there are some more.    FYI, only one of these I would never really listen to under any circumstances I could help.

A mix of 70s and 80s songs.  The 80s songs that depicts nuclear war and the apocalypse.  70s songs in general especially Creedence Clearwater Revival (Susie Q while driving in the day, Bad Moon rising for night driving).  Yes Roland, I'm an old geezer. :)

Oh, btw I like Queen as well :)

On 2/21/2022 at 7:57 PM, Maharin said:

The first theme song from the older Alpha days is awesome, I didn't realize until now how good it actually was. I never played 7 Days To Die during those days, so I'm only familiar with the current theme song on console and the latest one on PC. With that being said, I think all of the theme songs are great, and it would be nice if TFP could add an option in the future where, you can choose which 7 Days theme song you want to play on the main menu screen. Also, I think PUBG did something similar like that, where the game's theme song changed a few times over its lifespan and the devs added an option which allowed players to choose which theme song they wanted the game to play for them. Pretty cool though, I really like it.

None. I prefer to be able to know what is going on around me to the point that I absolutely despise any music in games that have the player rely on audio ques. If a game does not have the option to turn off the game music it is either removed the moment I find out or it doesn't get installed in the first place.

2 hours ago, AtomicUs5000 said:

You guys need to broaden your horizons.
Try something completely out of place, like some Big Band from the 30s and 40s or some soft classical.
Don't knock it until you've tried it!

Well not exactly 30 or 40´s but Fallout Radio goes well with a lot of games. Glenn Miller isn´t exactly game music for me, but i like it.

23 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Well not exactly 30 or 40´s but Fallout Radio goes well with a lot of games. Glenn Miller isn´t exactly game music for me, but i like it.

Absolutely, that's the exact you feeling you get. It's hard to put to words, but there's something about it that makes you feel like a badass. Maybe more like a psychopath... but still a badass.

WOW, I have seen some great suggestions,  and SEVERAL  from singers/bands/groups that I wasn't familiar with.  I sampled some tracks yesterday and thinking how to best add them into My now growling playlist (pun intended).   I have a game play scheduled with at least 2 of My usual group,  we last stopped play the night before a Hordenight.  I think I will get some good feedback on the extra music I gleaned from the suggestions I've seen so far. 

Also,  I am VERY familiar with the Fallout music,  I became a Betty Hutton fan because of it,  and Sinatra was something I could remember hearing My Dad listen to and I ended up purchasing a few CD's from odd locations maybe 5-6 years ago because of the Fallout exposure (pun intended again).  

I will also very strongly agree that I MUST be able to hear the game sounds too though,  I'm noticing in Alpha 20 that the zombies will 'sometimes' wait to growl or snarl only once they reach out and claw their prey (Me); so for Me at least hearing the game sound is also vital.   So I balance the playlist sound with an eye toward keeping the game sounds still recognisable.   I already have to stay on edge because one of My usual gamers tends to scream  in a high pitch whenever He is surprised during gameplay  (which is freaking hilarious too).

14 minutes ago, PoppaSmirk said:

I already have to stay on edge because one of My usual gamers tends to scream  in a high pitch whenever He is surprised during gameplay  (which is freaking hilarious too).

Now THIS is the best music.  Live reactions from people who you play with that scream at the least little thing.

53 minutes ago, JoeDaFrogman said:

Now THIS is the best music.  Live reactions from people who you play with that scream at the least little thing.

That particular Player  ( who I also count as among one of My best friends)  has an issue with...dogs,  so the bark of the 'rot-weilers' in the game sends him whirling around and calling out..'DOGS,  We GOT DOGS"... then what usually follows is a few words of Expletives and often a Scream  (or two...sometimes three)  as He tends to scramble in a panic to gun them down,  or run away to a better vantage point.   I shouldn't laugh at a friend dealing with some personal issues within the game,  but He really reaches a high pitch of genuine panic for a few seconds.  Often described as shrill, and "other sexist terms" that I don't encourage.  But yes,  I snicker a bit too when he "loses his cool"