population -

Grandpa Minion

My guess is that a new log message which seems to check whether the vehicle teleport fix works is also telling everyone where other players are. Bad for PvP

But the fix is easy. Don't play the newest experimental, I don't think a log message that spams all the time will be staying in the game for a long time

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

4 minutes ago, meganoth said:

Bad for PvP

I have to disagree on a technicality, sounds that it's likely to increase the amount of PvP on PvP servers, making it .. good for PvP :)

Not exactly well suited for this game, but wouldn't necessarily be terrible as a game mode, having everyone know each other's location.

1 hour ago, outhous said:

Why not just explain the issue here? Instead of just expaining it you post a hard to read message (black text on grey background) and a picture that is difficult to read. Hope it gets fixed.

sorry but im not about to explain how someone can exploit using this info: Just bringing it to attention to those who needs to know the problem exists.. But ya i wouldnt recommend sharing what it is to anybody right now if you know what it is.

2 hours ago, outhous said:

Why not just explain the issue here? Instead of just expaining it you post a hard to read message (black text on grey background) and a picture that is difficult to read. Hope it gets fixed.

I fixed it. Oh...you meant the experimental version of the game?

4 hours ago, Grandpa Minion said:

This is such a huge gamebreaker for pvp why would the pimps apply it? is beyond me.

I don't recommend that you play experimental versions. You don't appear to have the temperament for it nor the understanding of their purpose. If you simply download experimental versions to play as a 7 Days hipster you are always going to be disappointed.

If you wish to actually help, then an attitude-free report submitted in legible format in the bug report forum is the way to go. You posting in general discussions with a click bait title and incredulity dripping from your text that TFP could ever think it smart to implement something is really going about this the wrong way.

49 minutes ago, Sjustus548 said:

But if a PvP server updates to an experimental build then they are just asking for trouble.  Just wait and see if that info is still present when the patch goes stable.

If it updates with the intention of finding flaws and issues and reporting them and everyone who joins that server is helping to do that then it is very much appreciated but yeah, if someone loads up the experimental the day it drops cuz..."We only play the newest version, yo!" and expects to be able to have a flawless experience-- this person is the one killing his PvP community.

Honestly, if I was running a PvP server and wasn't interested in testing and reporting-- just playing for entertainment-- I would stay on A19.6 until A20.6 goes stable since that version will be the absolute best and most stable version of Alpha 20. Going from final decimal of a version to final decimal of a version will always result in the least disruption.

But the lure of playing new stuff that everyone else is playing is tough to resist.

Edited by Roland (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Grandpa Minion said:

sorry but im not about to explain how someone can exploit using this info: Just bringing it to attention to those who needs to know the problem exists.. But ya i wouldnt recommend sharing what it is to anybody right now if you know what it is.

if this was some encrypted log file I would understand.
But it literally gives us the coordinates....

2 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

Are we sure it is doing what we think it is doing?  I just started up a SP game and I got a ton of those messages in my console with various positional coordinates in there.  I am fairly certain the only player in the game was me.......

Do not try killing yourself for points.

@Grandpa Minion Just curious but why is it that you always start these threads with inflammatory statements, but very little actual information; only to then later basically turn it into an advertisement for your server. (The advert isn't here yet, but I expect it will be coming along shortly as it usually does.)

And on top of that, you're spouting about a supposed issue on an unstable experimental version that is likely to see at least one more update with changes before it goes live. So it's basically the equivalent of running around screeching that the sky is falling.

Pro-Tip..  Anyone who wants to run a Stable PvP server wouldn't be running with the settings and configuration you have for your servers, and absolutely wouldn't be running on an unstable experimental build.

Final note, killing off three percent of the total player base isn't killing off much that anyone really cares about. Especially when it is concerning a feature that the developer doesn't really consider a priority. The game is primarily designed for 8-player co-operative gameplay. Not 50 player PvP raiding.

37 minutes ago, SylenThunder said:

Final note, killing off three percent of the total player base isn't killing off much that anyone really cares about.

Ouch.
Also... where does this 3% thing come from? The servers I see are basicially 50/50 PvP and PvE.

Sure those are only the dedicated ones, but still. I think 3% is a bit low.
Especially, since these guys are the ones that are STILL playing PvP even though TFPs have done nothing to improve it since about 8 alphas (yes yes not supported all good).
I am very sure that there are loads that just hope for a good PvP update.

49 minutes ago, Viktoriusiii said:

Ouch.
Also... where does this 3% thing come from? The servers I see are basicially 50/50 PvP and PvE.

Especially, since these guys are the ones that are STILL playing PvP even though TFPs have done nothing to improve it since about 8 alphas (yes yes not supported all good).
I am very sure that there are loads that just hope for a good PvP update.

I'll admit that it's been a couple of years since the last data pull, but in every one done previously, PvP only made up 3-5% of the player base. A lot of people just play group co-op. Dedicated servers aren't the only source. We've even had a few public polls, and in those we saw the same results.

3 hours ago, JCrook1028 said:

So you assume that a large percentage if players are playing on servers at all? You assume wrong.

6 hours ago, Viktoriusiii said:

LITERALLY the next sentence could have told you that I don't assume that.

On 1/20/2022 at 10:39 AM, JCrook1028 said:

So you assume that a large percentage if players are playing on servers at all? You assume wrong.

honestly i have no clue where he gets his data. The only thing i know that is fact over the last 5+ years are server has had over 75,000 players log into it to play pvp. This current seed alone we have had over 1600. Also this is the type of behavior that not just me but all PVP admins have had to deal with over the years. Once again the bias really shows and why most pvp admins don't even waste their time trying to post something on this forum.Screenshot_2022-01-20_153626.png.e66250e68326993bd520997d0879b6ff.png

Edited by Roland (see edit history)

17 minutes ago, Grandpa Minion said:

honestly i have no clue where he gets his data. The only thing i know that is fact over the last 5+ years are server has had over 75,000 players log into it to play pvp. This current seed alone we have had over 1600. Also this is the type of behavior that not just me but all PVP admins have had to deal with over the years. Once again the bias really shows and why most pvp admins don't even waste thScreenshot_2022-01-20_153626.png.e66250e68326993bd520997d0879b6ff.pngeir time trying to post something on this forum.

So you've had 1672 players in Alpha 20.  Accourding to Steam Charts there have been an average of 43,250 players in the past 30 days. So your 1672 is 3.9% of the population so the estimate of 3% of the population seems pretty accurate to me.  If you go with the 70,001 peak player count then that drops you down to 2.3%.  I'm also guessing that PvP admins don't bother posting about PvP issues due to knowing that the devs aren't prioritizing PvP in the slightest.  As a suggestion I would say maybe next time you want to make a post about an issue you are more than welcome to but try not to be so hostile and actually try to explain what your issue is instead of trying to act all secretive about it.  

Edited by Sjustus548
Clarification (see edit history)

1 hour ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

I know it has been said already, but why on earth would you run a PvP server with the experimental branch of the game?. 

a better question to ask yourself is why wouldnt you want to play experimental. People get confused about the two when in fact experimental builds are the past stable build with more fixs. We wen1.png.defa6c13866076e618564afc287932fe.png5.png.5e62cda021ffb3b139192c21b78253ab.png4.png.95dde280782bc653fded030581cad407.pngt experimental because of the stability fix and player save dat fix. So the difference from what your playing and what im playing is that im playing on your build with countless of fixs. https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/27252-a201-exp/

Edited by Grandpa Minion
clarification (see edit history)

Well now think this through, why would you not want to play an unstable build when playing PvP? I will save you the time: To avoid excactly those situations to happen.

It´s riddiculous even thinking about hosting a PvP server on an unstable build. If you can´t wait until it´s stable you gotta be willing to deal with things like that. Honestly can´t blame the developlers for this. There is a reason it´s called experimental and that it is opt in only.

And i have no clue what you outlined there, those screenshots are so tiny i can´t read anything. Assuming what i do, and assuming wrong, is not an argument btw.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)