population -

Grandpa Minion

5 hours ago, Grandpa Minion said:

honestly i have no clue where he gets his data. The only thing i know that is fact over the last 5+ years are server has had over 75,000 players log into it to play pvp. This current seed alone we have had over 1600. Also this is the type of behavior that not just me but all PVP admins have had to deal with over the years. Once again the bias really shows and why most pvp admins don't even waste thScreenshot_2022-01-20_153626.png.e66250e68326993bd520997d0879b6ff.pngeir time trying to post something on this forum.

12 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

@Grandpa Minion Just curious but why is it that you always start these threads with inflammatory statements, but very little actual information; only to then later basically turn it into an advertisement for your server. (The advert isn't here yet, but I expect it will be coming along shortly as it usually does.)

Damn. Do you give personal sessions for your prophetic powers? :'D

16 hours ago, Grandpa Minion said:

a better question to ask yourself is why wouldnt you want to play experimental. People get confused about the two when in fact experimental builds are the past stable build with more fixs. We went experimental because of the stability fix and player save dat fix. So the difference from what your playing and what im playing is that im playing on your build with countless of fixs. https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/27252-a201-exp/

Uh what? You play experimental and then demand it is stable? Your explanation is very wrong. Experimental means they are WORKING on making that patch better than the previous stable release.

19 hours ago, Viktoriusiii said:
On 1/20/2022 at 10:43 AM, Viktoriusiii said:

Sure those are only the dedicated ones, but still. I think 3% is a bit low.

LITERALLY the next sentence could have told you that I don't assume that.

Nope, you're still not counting the majority of players that do not use servers at all, dedicated or not.

So let me see if I am framing this correctly.

Coords are being posted via a bug.  Coords that people don't actually have a full sense of when its comes to actual virtual location?  I mean some folks can be good, but the actual map environment has a role to play and that compounds that difficulty by quite a lot.

and you're worried that someone out of that small percentage of people who can read that and understand it perfectly will find you?

and you're worried that someone out of that small percentage of people who can find you, will execute you instantly?

and you're worried that because of that small percentage of people who can kill you instantly, from a perfect understanding of virtual coordinates is going to kill the PVP community of this game on PVP MP servers?

I mean.. this is just about something as simple as kill counts right?   Because I posit this is more about ego than actual gameplay.

My question to the OP:   If the pillars of heaven are shaking this bad, why not just report it properly?

1 hour ago, JCrook1028 said:

Nope, you're still not counting the majority of players that do not use servers at all, dedicated or not.

Just to clarify: there are no singleplayer worlds anymore. This is the case since... I think since A11 or 12.
So that is why I said dedicated only.
Just in case that was unclear. I am well aware that most ppl play this game singleplayer. That is the main demographic for this kind of game (since it isn't PvP Rust-like)

I just think/thought that about 50/50 dedicated servers seem like the PvP playerbase is larger than 3%
BUT I was corrected by Sylen. So no need to argue any further.

20 hours ago, Viktoriusiii said:

Just to clarify: there are no singleplayer worlds anymore. This is the case since... I think since A11 or 12.
So that is why I said dedicated only.

That change came in A19 iirc. Sure wasn't A12 by a long shot. Do you just make this stuff up because you think it sounds good?

The coords are local, the spam is local, it contains the own player's origin reposition. Don't see the impact on PVP. Start a new world in A20.1 - that will probably fix this issue. There's been work on the originating from 0 0 0 which might cause this spam on the client now when playing an A20 safe in 20.1. 

Alternatively live with 'floatingorigin off' for all clients and expect issues with the animator.

Sorry I will always vouch and fight for PVP, but this has really got no business with it.

2 hours ago, JCrook1028 said:

That change came in A19 iirc. Sure wasn't A12 by a long shot. Do you just make this stuff up because you think it sounds good?

A17. I just looked through the patchnotes.
There was another change in A12 that I was thinking about, but that only related how the game was paused and I got them confused.
Not everyone is out to get you. No need to start spewing insults/claims around because someone got something wrong.
I said

23 hours ago, Viktoriusiii said:

I think since A11 or 12.

you said:

2 hours ago, JCrook1028 said:

That change came in A19 iirc.

And you don't see me hurling insults/claims at you like "omg you just want to bully me with your fake news" or something.

Fact is: that is what I meant and it is not a super new A20 change, which is why I didn't elaborate more on it, because most ppl will probably know what I mean.
If it is A12 or A19 doesn't matter. Ok? Good.

2 hours ago, Howlune said:

bigger lol

falseadvertising.JPG

"LAN PvP", "LAN Co-op"...

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Things 7D2D doesn't have for 100...

All multiplayer in this game is handled via Steam and requires an active and constant connection to Steam or the connection between players is killed. That is not LAN.

Most nublets simply do not know the value of this fix. I have to give credit to the fun pimps on this one for stepping up and fixn the spam location bug. Also yes for those who simply can't understand that playing pvp with those bugs is a death sentence. Any one that plays pvp understands that the current experimental build is far better than the stab le build. So i ve already told you that the experimeScreenshot_2022-01-28_154138.png.39b525ea5c8b55c663ea3e3ad0a04f9d.pngntal builds are your stable build +current fixs. If you can't understand that than its your problem not mine. 

but ya thanks Pimps for fixn this! https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/27252-a201-exp-updated-to-b6/

On 1/20/2022 at 11:35 AM, SylenThunder said:

I'll admit that it's been a couple of years since the last data pull, but in every one done previously, PvP only made up 3-5% of the player base. A lot of people just play group co-op. Dedicated servers aren't the only source. We've even had a few public polls, and in those we saw the same results.

Well, PvP not being a priority, or even in the top 10 on TFP's radar contributes to a low PvP player base.  The cart is before the horse here.  Suggesting that TFP shouldn't put assets into improving PvP because it's not in demand is backwards.  The low PvP player base is not due to interest, but rather because the game lacks enough resources to make this a very viable playstyle.  It's not my call whether they should or should not dedicate resources, but using this an an excuse not to is an error.

3 hours ago, RyanX said:

Well, PvP not being a priority, or even in the top 10 on TFP's radar contributes to a low PvP player base.  The cart is before the horse here.  Suggesting that TFP shouldn't put assets into improving PvP because it's not in demand is backwards.  The low PvP player base is not due to interest, but rather because the game lacks enough resources to make this a very viable playstyle.  It's not my call whether they should or should not dedicate resources, but using this an an excuse not to is an error.

without a doubt the smartest, most intelligant thing anyone has said on this post. Thank god there are still people around who can give an unbiased opinion to the matter thanks!