Acid, wheels, sewing kits

ImATurtleMaate

1 minute ago, Weazelsun said:

Personally, I think the reason acid is harder to find is due to lack of vehicles. Like if you compare A19 to A20, there is noticeable less vehicles to wrench on the road.

We must be blessed regarding vehicles, there are heaps near us,we spawned close to a city and 2 towns but still very little acid unfortunately 

I'm on day 21 and have yet to find a single wheel, acid, beaker, anvil, crucible or bellows despite all my best efforts. I hate that I can't even make a beaker which is essentially just a glass cup / bottle with measuring lines on it.

1 hour ago, Fox said:

I'm on day 21 and have yet to find a single wheel, acid, beaker, anvil, crucible or bellows despite all my best efforts. I hate that I can't even make a beaker which is essentially just a glass cup / bottle with measuring lines on it.

I feel your pain, I eneded up exploring a desert city, and was pleasantly surprised to find Trader Jen, was less happy when I realized her beakers, were about 1500 per, but she at least had 2 big ones.  Beakers, that is.  :D

5 hours ago, ImATurtleMaate said:

Pc, 2 player vanilla

Day 16. We have 1 bicycle and that's it

Doing quests is the way to more mobility and a chemistry station. With the completion of the level 1 quest series you get a bike as a guaranteed reward. I bought the chemistry station from the trader but I have also seen it as a reward for completing the level 3 quests.

6 hours ago, ImATurtleMaate said:

Hi all, anyone else having trouble finding Acid, wheels and sewing kits in A20?

We are checking all trash and cupboards, wrenching all vehicles, we loot everything we come across and rarely find any.

Pc, 2 player vanilla

Day 16. We have 1 bicycle and that's it

Wheels I have found tons in the first week, as for acid, I think I found one (between weeks 1-2), sewing kits... maybe 10-20

Edited by Tmodloader (see edit history)

I only started having acid, wheels and sewing kits as common items when I reached level 133 yesterday and it's about day 100. My lucky looter is maxed out. What I found yesterday was

- 5 bottles of acid

- 4 wheels in cars and buses

- tons of sewing kits from just random loot, sometimes in garbage.

Before that I was emptyhanded for most of the game aswell. And I still have never found a beaker to this day. The only reason I got to a chemistry station was because I bought a beaker off from a trader.

1 hour ago, Fox said:

So this game is essentially linear in progression? You have to do specific things in order to progress... lovely.

Not necessarily, but in A20 it makes things easier. You can also get lucky and find a beaker, but you are not guaranteed to find a beaker at all. That is the problem with RNG. It depends on luck and not how much effort you put into something.

Not getting a beaker is an old problem, as it was already very rare even in the earlier Alphas. What slows most people down in A20 is the acid. To build a chemistry station, you need not only a beaker, but also 5 acids.

2 hours ago, RipClaw said:

Doing quests is the way to more mobility and a chemistry station. With the completion of the level 1 quest series you get a bike as a guaranteed reward. I bought the chemistry station from the trader but I have also seen it as a reward for completing the level 3 quests.

I think mine glitched, I'm on level 2 quests but never got the bike offered, my friend is on level 2 and got hers

47 minutes ago, DominionZA said:

I only started having acid, wheels and sewing kits as common items when I reached level 133 yesterday and it's about day 100. My lucky looter is maxed out. What I found yesterday was

- 5 bottles of acid

- 4 wheels in cars and buses

- tons of sewing kits from just random loot, sometimes in garbage.

Before that I was emptyhanded for most of the game aswell. And I still have never found a beaker to this day. The only reason I got to a chemistry station was because I bought a beaker off from a trader.

Damn that's rough. We have a few beakers found in week 1 just acid, wheels and sewing kits we struggle with. I put points into lucky looter pretty quick so hopefully soon

1 minute ago, ImATurtleMaate said:

I think mine glitched, I'm on level 2 quests but never got the bike offered, my friend is on level 2 and got hers

Seems to happen that you don't get a reward for completing the level 1 quests. The only thing you can do is find another trader and do the level 1 quests there.

Acid is the nightmare. I am tasked with making Bicycles for 3 players. Even with all of us looting three little towns near the base really hard, we have found only 1 Acid + 1 Tyre total. It's day 9. This is unacceptable. I have been able to craft Chem Stations and Bikes for days and this has brick-walled us completely as everything in walking distance is looted.

Sewing Kits have been reasonably abundant though.

Just now, Ghostlight said:

Acid is the nightmare. I am tasked with making Bicycles for 3 players. Even with all of us looting three little towns near the base really hard, we have found only 1 Acid + 1 Tyre total. It's day 9. This is unacceptable. I have been able to craft Chem Stations and Bikes for days and this has brick-walled us completely as everything in walking distance is looted.

Sewing Kits have been reasonably abundant though.

Yep, we are stuck too and that's just 2 of us, I would hate to try with an extra person

Seems it would make a lot of sense to add a recipe to make Beakers. I mean if we can make jars....somewhere around Physician 3  sound right to me.

And Acid just needs to drop more. For the record, the one Acid we found thus far was in a mound of garbage lying outside a POI. Where did you all get yours?

1 minute ago, Ghostlight said:

Seems it would make a lot of sense to add a recipe to make Beakers. I mean if we can make jars....somewhere around Physician 3  sound right to me.

And Acid just needs to drop more. For the record, the one Acid we found thus far was in a mound of garbage lying outside a POI. Where did you all get yours?

Luckily we seem to be finding plenty of beakers but I can't remember where we got it. The very few Acid we found was garbage too

7 hours ago, Fox said:

That would be for the kitchen. To use it in a lab/chemstation you need more than just simple glas. Needs to be temperature resistent, hard to break and resistent to chemicals. Usually made out of borosilicate.

But yeah, i am on day 24 and i have found one beaker. Ofc that was 1 day after i spent a lot of money buying a chemistry station. 

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

Acid is essentially locked behind that Wasteland Treasures book that allows you to loot it from cars/cabinets/etc. Before that, finding any good amount is really hard, save for buying it. After the book, destroying medical cabinets (incl. empty ones) and biohazard barrels will give you quite enough (other extra sources are still underwhelming).

Edited by just.dont (see edit history)

I get that stuff needs to be gated, but the gate choices are kind of weird.

You can build a rifle but not a needle and thread?

If you finally give up on finding this stuff, I have modlets that add acid, sewing needle and beaker recipies to the workbench.

https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/26048-a20-modlets-lotl-perk-fast-plant-growth-super-iron-pickaxe/

14 hours ago, Fox said:

RNG at work. D13 here and I have 3 wheels, 1 acid, 2 beakers, an anvil and a bellows. If some people didn't have bad luck that would be the idicator that RNG was not working. As it is, working as intended.