Acid, wheels, sewing kits

ImATurtleMaate

14 hours ago, Fox said:

I'm on day 21 and have yet to find a single wheel, acid, beaker, anvil, crucible or bellows despite all my best efforts. I hate that I can't even make a beaker which is essentially just a glass cup / bottle with measuring lines on it.

Just to show you how the RNG Gods roll, in my current playthrough, on day one the first trader had a beaker*, I looted a broken chem station and got the schematic, and by day 4 I had 6 (yes, six!) wheels** - all this with default loot settings.

* I bought it, even though it was expensive for day 1, as I went 30 days into my last playthrough and never got a sniff of a beaker either in loot or at traders.

** 4 were looted from vehicles, 3 cars, 1 medi truck, 2 from looting Pass n Gas.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/30/2021 at 5:54 PM, JCrook1028 said:

RNG at work. D13 here and I have 3 wheels, 1 acid, 2 beakers, an anvil and a bellows. If some people didn't have bad luck that would be the idicator that RNG was not working. As it is, working as intended.

Well there are 3 of us on my server, so we need 6 wheels for initial transport (3 bikes or minibikes) and 5 Acid and a Beaker for a Chem station. You'd normally expect all those things well before day 13.

7 hours ago, Ghostlight said:

Well there are 3 of us on my server, so we need 6 wheels for initial transport (3 bikes or minibikes) and 5 Acid and a Beaker for a Chem station. You'd normally expect all those things well before day 13.

you can get bicycles for free for finishing tier one quest line... no acid/wheels needed.

If you can find THIS house - it is an absolute mess inside - in your town, there are a few construction boxes in the garage and one in the far corner of the living room.

I pretty much got all my looted acid from this house ... right before every trader started suddenly bulk-selling it AND actual chem stations. If you wanted to try cheesing it and got a mission for this house, you could quit out before you complete the mission - not killed every zombie or found the stash - and then start the mission again on reloading. Then just keep running the house and checking those boxes.

Just to be clear, I got two bottles of acid from this house and completed the mission before I cottoned on to the idea of cheesing it. But the very same day the nearby traders started selling acid like it was going out of style.

Hope this helps :)

7D2D HOUSE.jpg

Loot abundance is 33%, and respawn disabled on server.

Currently playing day 309 on A20 b238 server. Acid has been major problem, 95% of supply is just bought from traders. Also sewing kits are found time to time, but still very few. But that is circumvented by bundles traders give out. Full military armour set quality 6 around day 50+. Scarce acid also makes building chem station little expensive, might be easier to just buy one from trader.

Wheels has been plentiful when loot stage seem to achieve certain level. Thou still scarce to find form loot, trader selling them has better chance. 

Only weird and useless thing is blood backs, i would ever never waste sewing kit to make first aid kit. Whole sewing kit requirement for something you get plenty from low tier missions just makes blood packs useless.

Acid is rare loot in sinks and trash piles. When you read the Wasteland Treasures book, it appears rarely in car loot and you can salvage white wall medical boxes 4-to-1, or 2-to-1 if you have full salvage perk. You can find lots of these in the big hospital poi.

On 12/30/2021 at 12:54 PM, JCrook1028 said:

RNG at work. D13 here and I have 3 wheels, 1 acid, 2 beakers, an anvil and a bellows. If some people didn't have bad luck that would be the idicator that RNG was not working. As it is, working as intended.

That's some pretty dumb intent then.

Also there are plenty of ways to implement RNGs that limit how bad your luck can get and its not a flaw in the RNG.

Can't say Acid is the issue in our game, but we have yet to find ANY recipe for a vehicle on day 25 and still driving around the bicycles we got from completing the Tier 1 quests. Overall if noone plays intellect it feels like stoneage for a looong time, besides being better/good at combat.

ive been testing tier 5 loot contaienrs on the experimental build, you are much more likely to find beakers in final loot containers, as well as stacks of sewing kits, biggest stack I have seen is 8? maybe 10, acid should be more common now (in sinks and destroyed chembenches again) and you should find plenty of sewing kits at end of POI loot containers

the chem station is such a core work station that every survivor wants to have, it shouldn't be limited by such harsh RNG. you should be able to craft bottles of acid from semi-rare items like car batteries, and you should be able to craft a beaker. you can craft a glass jar, but making a bigger glass jar is beyond you? nonsense.

i use mods to achieve both of those things. crafting a beaker requires level 3 of advanced engineering. this way these items are guaranteed, but still require effort or perk investment.

Now this week I am currently on Day 68.  

Acid,  I haven't found a bottle since Day 28, but I have purchased 4 bottles of acid from the 5 various traders I visit. 

The Sewing Kits,   this has been one of those items that seem to be ready to jump into My loot.   So far I have 23 sewing kits and already used 6 making pocket and Armor mods.

Wheels are very rare as well,   which is driving one of My usual players batty.  She rants each time We play at seeing hundreds of tires across the land,  but can't find a single one still usable.  Its Day 68 as I mentioned and We have 4 players.   One motorcycle,  One Minibike, and two bicycles.   I will at least be creating one other motorcycle or possibly a 4x4 this weekend,  as My friends get home and ready to play some 7D2D.

We discuss the argument points around the lack of an ability to create beakers as well.   We think a beaker should be available much easier,  since it is merely a glass container with graduated measurements for determining volume.  Many of My friends that come to play with Me,  argue that a carafe from a coffee machine should be an "apocalypse beaker"  so they always say "Wouldn't it be great if the Coffee machine had a chance to loot a beaker",  the counter-point that some of Us make,  is that a coffee carafe is generally not made of sturdy enough glass to be considered a beaker.

So,  I am making it through,  but My gosh,  I agree with Others that progression has been very slow in obtaining things We had become accustomed to finding/creating  much earlier in previous versions of 7D2D.    We didn't get a Chem Station created until Day 52 and with none available to use from any Trader POI,  or other location,  kept Us in the   *chuckle*  Stone Age much longer than We had been accustomed to.    Overall, the world in A20 has seemed much harsher,  but not unsurvivable.  I've only died once in 68 Days,  and that was on Day 2 when I was shocked to get caught in a Police Station POI and a Fat Cop came rushing out of one of the offices trapping me in the room with no exit ,  with only a Stone Spear and a pipe Shotgun with 4 shells. 

So "surviving" is definitely do-able  just more difficult.

3 minutes ago, PoppaSmirk said:

Now this week I am currently on Day 68.  

Acid,  I haven't found a bottle since Day 28, but I have purchased 4 bottles of acid from the 5 various traders I visit. 

The Sewing Kits,   this has been one of those items that seem to be ready to jump into My loot.   So far I have 23 sewing kits and already used 6 making pocket and Armor mods.

Wheels are very rare as well,   which is driving one of My usual players batty.  She rants each time We play at seeing hundreds of tires across the land,  but can't find a single one still usable.  Its Day 68 as I mentioned and We have 4 players.   One motorcycle,  One Minibike, and two bicycles.   I will at least be creating one other motorcycle or possibly a 4x4 this weekend,  as My friends get home and ready to play some 7D2D.

We discuss the argument points around the lack of an ability to create beakers as well.   We think a beaker should be available much easier,  since it is merely a glass container with graduated measurements for determining volume.  Many of My friends that come to play with Me,  argue that a carafe from a coffee machine should be an "apocalypse beaker"  so they always say "Wouldn't it be great if the Coffee machine had a chance to loot a beaker",  the counter-point that some of Us make,  is that a coffee carafe is generally not made of sturdy enough glass to be considered a beaker.

So,  I am making it through,  but My gosh,  I agree with Others that progression has been very slow in obtaining things We had become accustomed to finding/creating  much earlier in previous versions of 7D2D.    We didn't get a Chem Station created until Day 52 and with none available to use from any Trader POI,  or other location,  kept Us in the   *chuckle*  Stone Age much longer than We had been accustomed to.    Overall, the world in A20 has seemed much harsher,  but not unsurvivable.  I've only died once in 68 Days,  and that was on Day 2 when I was shocked to get caught in a Police Station POI and a Fat Cop came rushing out of one of the offices trapping me in the room with no exit ,  with only a Stone Spear and a pipe Shotgun with 4 shells. 

So "surviving" is definitely do-able  just more difficult.

the loot changes/rebalance in 20.1 experimental should help alleviate some of this

5 minutes ago, POCKET951 said:

the loot changes/rebalance in 20.1 experimental should help alleviate some of this

Thats a very good point.   Earlier this week I discussed that with 2 of the 3 others that come play in My world.   Since its been such a long hard climb just to get where We are now,   the others voted to keep the current world,  at least until We have a chance to see the new drone.    We didn't find our first Junk Turret  until Day 51,  so it might be a while before We manage to get one of the robot drones,  but for now We are going to stick with A20 b238