Just writing a post so it is known there still interest in waiting for console updates. Yes I have read forums

Wyatt

I just donated money to that petition on change.org where it reached 13,000 out of 15,000 people. So that the console versions can have the PC version. Since the game is really worth it and I find it a shame not to use the best version of it. If we can make donations to your company to help you a little even if it's $10. I would like to give it to you. And I understand that you may think you are losing money if there are not enough people on console if you add updates but if you add good streamers to talk about it I'm sure the game will have a big hype.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

well the fun pimps claim that they haven't forgot about the console players but yet they have already released  the year for alpha 21 which is 2023 but yet nothing on console since  November 1st i honestly do not think its going to happen cause if it was they would of gave us more news almost 3 months and still nothing 

What news? What do you expect to happen in merely three months? 

Has the PC version finally been released as complete?

No news doesn't mean nothing is happening. There just isn't anything worth talking about atm. Development takes time. You can probably expect more updates after the PC game is finished. Which you would expect if you had actually read the information provided.

13 minutes ago, orgthatguy619 said:

They have released alpha 21 release year why can't they do that for console I will wait 

Oh and they also said stay tuned and should be expecting something by winter and yet nothing besides a brode interview ok that helps

First, winter is still ongoing.  We are just in February.  If they have any new news, they will share it.

And A21 for the computer is not the last development cycle for the computer version.  That is why they haven't released any dates because the computer version is still ongoing.

Computer version - A21 (2023) then maybe 1-3 additional development cycles depending on how much they get done per cycle.

No estimated date yet for Computer version Gold

Console dates won't start firming up until computer version is done or close to being done.

Oh and they also said stay tuned and should be expecting something by winter and yet nothing besides a brode interview ok that helps

You just made my point perfect thank you I couldn't said it any better there is all the evidence they care about PC more than they care about console they want console players wait 3 to 4 more years while PC goes gold thank you

1 hour ago, orgthatguy619 said:

You just made my point perfect thank you I couldn't said it any better there is all the evidence they care about PC more than they care about console they want console players wait 3 to 4 more years while PC goes gold thank you

When we post question about console we're just ignored i'm surprise someone have answers you. Winter is not finish wait 2 months and after come back for complain, and we Will have an update before gold rick huenink said. I predict end 2023, begin 2024. I see news almost everyday and its my theories.

Why is TFP prioritizing the PC version over the console?  Simple, TFP is a PC game company, not a console game company.  The PC game is also close to being completed.  After that, the studio chosen to port the game over has the finished product (and not like the same situation that TTG was under releasing a game still under development).

They could have simply release 7D2D for computer only.  Yet....and this is a big Yet, they are moving forward, after the bankruptcy of TellTale Games which caused the stop of the current iteration of the console game, with a new console studio to take 7D2D.  In the meantime, the development team is working towards optimizing the game today to be able to run on the requirements of consoles and not just for the PC.

If they didn't care about the console game, they wouldn't be putting forth any resources to optimize it now for the console.  They could just simply concentrate solely on the PC release version and let the Studio that releases the game for the console deal with any issues that may cause.

What I said was in no way evidence of "here is all the evidence they care about PC more than they care about console they want console players wait 3 to 4 more years while PC goes gold thank you"  Stop construing my words to fit your narrative.

Lol truth must hurt if they were such a PC then they should close the game out on console and stick with PC then and refund us the money but no they had to give us false hopes 

20 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

What news? What do you expect to happen in merely three months? 

Has the PC version finally been released as complete?

No news doesn't mean nothing is happening. There just isn't anything worth talking about atm. Development takes time. You can probably expect more updates after the PC game is finished. Which you would expect if you had actually read the information provided.

It just funny how they have false information saying oh we are going to release an interm drop next year but we won't give any more updates I will wait I think it's funny the fun Pima don't care but hey I'm waiting for the news to prove me wrong other than the news Nov 2022 its 2023 at least they can say console release 2024 or a slim chance in he'll 2023 

21 minutes ago, orgthatguy619 said:

Lol truth must hurt if they were such a PC then they should close the game out on console and stick with PC then and refund us the money but no they had to give us false hopes 

It just funny how they have false information saying oh we are going to release an interm drop next year but we won't give any more updates I will wait I think it's funny the fun Pima don't care but hey I'm waiting for the news to prove me wrong other than the news Nov 2022 its 2023 at least they can say console release 2024 or a slim chance in he'll 2023 

They don't even know when the PC version will be finished. How would they know when the console version is finished when that depends on the finished PC version?

False information where? No one ever said they were going to release an interim drop. Not of any kind. It cannot be done that way for the Console. 

The only false information is provided by those of you who are ignoring the actual facts and announcements provided.

It would be 9:43 seconds in the video Rick the co founder said we will release an interm realse and then when it goes gold release another drop and the interview is by guns,nerds and steel point proven all lies they have yet to say or give us any update about when that release is supposed to happen 

Ok. Let's see what he says:

"... next year we can do a drop, no commitment yet "

And then he says that again in different words:

"... a possibility to get it out next year ... interim release and another release for gold"

before that he says

"a lot of work ... lots of uncertainties ... Sony and Microsoft have to agree ..."

What that all means is that somewhere in 2023 there is a possibility that a prototype of the console version may be released. But that depends on many uncertainties and even on a permission by sony and microsoft to release a prototype version.

As he said they can't give a commitment to this, there is just a chance that it may happen. All this points to the end of 2023 as the earliest possible time to see that prototype getting released if at all. It does not sound like there is a version they could get out soon.

And let me tell you TFP is always too optimistic about their release dates. They are always late with their releases and I have never ever seen them guess on a release date and actually get it right. Remember they always point out that those guessed dates ARE guesses, not promises. And I can also tell you from my own experience that this is normal with software projects generally. Software always is either late or incomplete.

My advice: Expect that prototype somewhere in 2024. And that only if Sony and Microsoft agree to it. If they don't agree then you will see the console version only AFTER the PC version gets out of EA.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

I thought you gave up thank you for making my point correct see I knew you can prove me right thank you and also thank you Rick  and his brother and the entire staff for still not caring about console they are not going to drop anything besides alpha 21 sometime in 2023 console no news at all besides a brode interview cause if they did they would of said console we can expect a drop in 2024 but did it come out of their mouths no and I'm willing to be alpha 21 drops and then alpha 22 drops before console gets any news at all they might as well shut console down and go back to PC instead of waiting console players time and hopes of a newer version 

I thought you gave up thank you for making my point correct see I knew you can prove me right thank you and also thank you Rick  and his brother and the entire staff for still not caring about console they are not going to drop anything besides alpha 21 sometime in 2023 console no news at all besides a brode interview cause if they did they would of said console we can expect a drop in 2024 but did it come out of their mouths no and I'm willing to be alpha 21 drops and then alpha 22 drops before console gets any news at all they might as well shut console down and go back to PC instead of waiting console players time and hopes of a newer version 

They would have said "we can expect a drop in 2024, but no promises" if they were realists 😉. But for me it already sounds like nearly a miracle that they want to do the porting largely themselves and get out a prototype much sooner than I would have expected.