Future of 7dtd - sequel or dlc?

Matt115

7DTD - sequel or dlc  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which option do you prefer after released of "gold" version - dlc expansion packs or sequel

• Sequel
    • DLC AKA expansion packs

Well after so much years we are going to get A20. So my question is :

which option do you prefer? paid dlc or sequel.

By dlc i don't mean skins or comestic stuff but big espansions like - island map, horror pack ( new enemies, weapons items and poi connected with horror like - abadonned asylums with ghosts , summer camp with dead corpses and psycho ), etc.

By the time it is released I don’t think dlc would be practical, however I would be all for some small priced limited scope dlc but if it is clothing and weapons it would need to be a server side thing because otherwise it would suck trying to get everyone you play with to have the same dlc. Civ 6 does this well, expansions need all players to own, Civ packs do not but only people who own it can use the leaders.

I love 7D2D, I also feel it is time to wrap it up and finish the damn game then the Pimps can move on to something else or maybe similar that can be on a newer game engine and they can address the shortfalls of 7D2D with its unlimited digging, building and so on.

I be cool with a 7 Days to Die part 2 where there is less digging, lower volume (height), fewer fully destructible buildings and such but much larger world with far more zombies.

Edited by Fanatical_Meat (see edit history)

Actually a sequel on Unreal engine 5 please. If that would mean really big hordes tough. This is what this game is missing so bad. Hordes that can be as big as 200 z´s with no lag.

It´s one of the few things i really dislike in this game. Not enough zombies.

@warmer They already work on a new game, but there is no info if it is something completly different or a sequel to 7D.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

5 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

@warmer They already work on a new game, but there is no info if it is something completly different or a sequel to 7D.

any devs that make a sequel to their unfinished game are doing it wrong. I highly doubt its a sequel to 7days. They have been working on this for nearly 10 yrs. to work on making a sequel prior to release would be a huge mistake in my opinion.

8 minutes ago, warmer said:

any devs that make a sequel to their unfinished game are doing it wrong. I highly doubt its a sequel to 7days. They have been working on this for nearly 10 yrs. to work on making a sequel prior to release would be a huge mistake in my opinion.

Well we are in the final phase of 7D. Hopefully. Also i think working on your next project while another one is still developed is business as usual. Not for really small studios ofc, but other than that it´s pretty normal.

I would like for them to finish this game first before doing a sequel.  By clarification, I mean work involving diving deep into the project of creating a sequel.  Brainstorming ideas on how they would like to approach a 7D2D sequel is fine by me, but I would hate for coding work to be done before the game goes Gold and finishes with all the updates.  Pulling model designers and animators to other projects if there is still work to be done on 7D2D in those areas - not cool.  Doing the former when all the model design work and animation is done, sure no problems.

We are on Alpha 20, but there will be at least one more Alpha if not more depending on how the work goes on to finish TFP vision on 7D2D.  And yes, I would prefer a sequel not DLC as I don't think DLC will really work with this game IMHO.  Based on my enjoyment of this game, I would prepay a sequel for 72D2 and would jump into Early Access in a heartbeat.

43 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Actually a sequel on Unreal engine 5 please. If that would mean really big hordes tough. This is what this game is missing so bad. Hordes that can be as big as 200 z´s with no lag.

It´s one of the few things i really dislike in this game. Not enough zombies.

yeah i have stis same problem, not enough zombies

37 minutes ago, warmer said:

26 minutes ago, unholyjoe said:

i personally prefer the focus to be on the next "project" as DLCs can be from modders that will keep things interesting.

:)

Hide contents

notice i said "project"

So we will get board game - confirmed 😂

25 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Well we are in the final phase of 7D. Hopefully. Also i think working on your next project while another one is still developed is business as usual. Not for really small studios ofc, but other than that it´s pretty normal.

yeah but they are working on new games for sure

11 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

I would like for them to finish this game first before doing a sequel.  By clarification, I mean work involving diving deep into the project of creating a sequel.  Brainstorming ideas on how they would like to approach a 7D2D sequel is fine by me, but I would hate for coding work to be done before the game goes Gold and finishes with all the updates.  Pulling model designers and animators to other projects if there is still work to be done on 7D2D in those areas - not cool.  Doing the former when all the model design work and animation is done, sure no problems.

We are on Alpha 20, but there will be at least one more Alpha if not more depending on how the work goes on to finish TFP vision on 7D2D.  And yes, I would prefer a sequel not DLC as I don't think DLC will really work with this game IMHO.  Based on my enjoyment of this game, I would prepay a sequel for 72D2 and would jump into Early Access in a heartbeat.

yeah but good ideas it to have some ideas  for sequel right?  like now place of action will  be russia or more creepy setting for example. offten studio make a game and have ideas for sequels before ending 1 project this is quiet normal

1 hour ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

thats why I said working on a sequel. big difference between working on another project and a sequel to an unfinished one.

That aside, how can it be "in the final phase" while its still in Alpha. Once it hits Beta, we can talk about it almost being done.

4 minutes ago, warmer said:

thats why I said working on a sequel. big difference between working on another project and a sequel to an unfinished one.

That aside, how can it be "in the final phase" while its still in Alpha. Once it hits Beta, we can talk about it almost being done.

honestly can be situation like - A20 , B1 ,B2 ,B3 B4 B 5 , GOLD = maybe 2-3 years

Edited by Matt115 (see edit history)

4 hours ago, warmer said:

Afaik the plan is A20, A21 and then Beta. So yeah, beta could start next year if things go well. Considering how long they already work on 7 days, i would call that the final phase, yeah. And it actually doesn´t matter if they work on a sequel or a another game. Both is business as usual.

My personal guess is, that it is indeed a sequel. I think they coudln´t really do what they wanted to with Unity. And the next project is done on Unreal Engine. (That´s a fact, otherwise they wouldn´t hire people with experience in Unreal Engine)

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

Unfortunately, even with a different engine, it would be hard to get loads of zombies unless there was a big change to the game itself. Somewhere, in the far recesses of my mind, I remember talk on these forums a few years ago that removing underground mining might free up enough resources for things like more zombies but I could be misremembering. One of our forum members actually did some testing, I don't think it was Guppycur but I'm pretty sure he was part of the discussion. If he reads this, maybe he could remember more details. I do know that having a fully destructible world is one of the main reasons we can't have lots of zombies. A sequel where the game is not fully destructible and we get more zombies, more items etc would be a neat idea for a sequel.

1 hour ago, meganoth said:

The game already runs with a lot more zombies if you have a fast PC. This suggests that just by increasing the minimum specs of the game TFP could field a lot more zombies.

A sequel could easily be released with (much) higher specs.

nope. a lot of zombies you have in dead rising, dying light or resident evil 7 in leon story. this number of zombies are similiar to resident evil 2.

Do you watch walking dead? if yes i mean something like horde on highway or in prison

1 hour ago, Matt115 said:

nope. a lot of zombies you have in dead rising, dying light or resident evil 7 in leon story. this number of zombies are similiar to resident evil 2.

Do you watch walking dead? if yes i mean something like horde on highway or in prison

I doesn't matter what other games do or have. Those other games do not allow me to rebuild the whole word. And without dropping its standout feature 7D2D will never rival such games in terms of zombie numbers. Play DR if you want a mass of zombies.

In the context of 7D2D, say 100-200 instead of 64 max zombies would be a major improvement.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

34 minutes ago, meganoth said:

I don't care what other games do or have. Those other games do not allow me to rebuild the whole word. And without dropping its standout feature 7D2D will never rival such games in terms of zombie numbers. Play DR if you want a mass of zombies.

In the context of 7D2D, say 100-200 instead of 64 max zombies would be a major improvement.

honestly 100 zombie in  skyscraper is good number. honestly you can rebuild the whole world and what?. 250 zombies in city sound rly good because well - open world = more zombies. honestly ; worlds in 7dtd is quiet empty. so this is quiet annoing. ofc building is good. but for me building are just warehouse with crates , workstation and farm. ofc i put wall will tons of spikes. but not because this is fun but neccesary  if i want keep my house in one pieces. so the best option is - keep big number of zombies which will have low block dmg.

I mean zombies should get more atention

On 8/26/2021 at 6:22 PM, Matt115 said:

honestly 100 zombie in  skyscraper is good number. honestly you can rebuild the whole world and what?. 250 zombies in city sound rly good because well - open world = more zombies. honestly ; worlds in 7dtd is quiet empty. so this is quiet annoing. ofc building is good. but for me building are just warehouse with crates , workstation and farm. ofc i put wall will tons of spikes. but not because this is fun but neccesary  if i want keep my house in one pieces. so the best option is - keep big number of zombies which will have low block dmg.

I mean zombies should get more atention

If you have a decent PC at home, you can increase zombie count by yourself. There are a few options that make zombies in the world much more numerous (though not necessarily in POIs).

There are overhaul mods out there where you don't have a free minute without some zombie trying to eat you. There should be modlets available with similar effect

16 minutes ago, meganoth said:

If you have a decent PC at home, you can increase zombie count by yourself. There are a few options that make zombies in the world much more numerous (though not necessarily in POIs).

There are overhaul mods out there where you don't have a free minute without some zombie trying to eat you. There should be modlets available with similar effect

good say - mods. not feature. honestly 7dtd as zombie game gave a little focus on zombie. in my opinion zombies should be "piority" and rest should be just added do fighting with zombies. now we are more focused on looting and crafting that zombies