M60 proper loading

AndrewT

If yall know alot about guns like I do, yall would know the M60 is an open bolt weapon which means when loading yall have to yank the lever to pull back the locking bolt first before you insert a bullet belt into the receiver in A18 the M60 had that kind of loading animation but now in A19 the animation shows the player pulling the bolt back last when it should be done first like every belt fed machine gun in existence.

The tactical assault rifle is also incorrect. The game has you pull back the charging handle upon reloading when empty when in reality you only have to hit the bolt release button. Yet another problem is having to charge most weapons upon reloading no matter if you're on empty or not which you would not have to do if the weapon still has a round in the chamber. My last nitpick is that the ak doesn't mount optics right.

1 hour ago, Ramethzer0 said:

Yeah, I know this pain.  I've fired a real .44 revolver before and the animation for this in game is just.. frighteningly unrealistic.

I want to see a S&W 500 in the game. Unless you are Scott, there should be a noticeable delay between shots.

1 hour ago, Urban Blackbear said:

I do kind of wish there was more diversity in ammunition and gun types in the game but I also don't think it would add much other than more junk in my storage bins and even more struggle in finding a gun to match the ammunition you come across.

That's one of my main issues in Miscreated at least starting out, but yeah, I love the diversity of weapons there.

3 hours ago, canadianbluebeer said:

Ever try the .454 Casull ?

Firing that caused heads to turn at the range.

"W.T.F!! was THAT?!?!"

:D

I've had the opportunity but I turned it down because I've broken my wrist before and I wasn't willing to risk the recoil for the pain afterward.

23 hours ago, Jeraal said:

I want to see a S&W 500 in the game. Unless you are Scott, there should be a noticeable delay between shots.

Actually matt from demolition ranch is the @%$# when it comes to 500 S$W cause he still flinches when he fires it while scott was always firing his without flinching, at least before his accident. the Harry's new calibers mod adds tons of new calibers to the vanilla guns with their own sounds including the 500 Magnum.

4 minutes ago, Darthjake said:

You should try the Colt Government 45-70, revolver, the barrel is long enough and the frame heavy enough I really felt very little recoil.

Basically a rifle round coming out of a pistol, was fun.

the Harry's new calibers mod adds the 45-70 for both the hunting rifle and the revolver and its fun.

On 7/21/2021 at 2:25 PM, Comrad-Kruschev said:

The tactical assault rifle is also incorrect. The game has you pull back the charging handle upon reloading when empty when in reality you only have to hit the bolt release button. Yet another problem is having to charge most weapons upon reloading no matter if you're on empty or not which you would not have to do if the weapon still has a round in the chamber. My last nitpick is that the ak doesn't mount optics right.

Well there are cases in real life where the bolt on an M4 or M16 may be released forward when reloading thus u have to pull it back when reloading but then again all u gotta do in that case is pull back the bolt load a new mag then hit the release button and ur good to go. and yeah thats why i dont use optics on the AK47 but the AK is getting a new model (about time) in A20 so hopefully that'll fix it

1 hour ago, AndrewT said:

Well there are cases in real life where the bolt on an M4 or M16 may be released forward when reloading thus u have to pull it back when reloading but then again all u gotta do in that case is pull back the bolt load a new mag then hit the release button and ur good to go. and yeah thats why i dont use optics on the AK47 but the AK is getting a new model (about time) in A20 so hopefully that'll fix it

Cmon people... You all pretend to know a lot about guns, but you keep calling all AK style guns AK-47...

On 7/23/2021 at 1:32 PM, Darthjake said:

You should try the Colt Government 45-70, revolver, the barrel is long enough and the frame heavy enough I really felt very little recoil.

Basically a rifle round coming out of a pistol, was fun.

I'm a huge fan of the Henry 45-70 rifle.  It's an old world classic.  I am not sure if I've even seen the revolver, but if I do, I'd consider it.

On 7/23/2021 at 4:20 PM, Vampirenostra said:

Cmon people... You all pretend to know a lot about guns, but you keep calling all AK style guns AK-47...

Where?

10 hours ago, Ramethzer0 said:

I'm a huge fan of the Henry 45-70 rifle.  It's an old world classic.  I am not sure if I've even seen the revolver, but if I do, I'd consider it.

Magnum Research has a line called BFR(Biggest Finest Revolver). It is available in .30/30, .444, .450, .45/410, .45/70, .460 and .500. 

5 hours ago, Jeraal said:

Magnum Research has a line called BFR(Biggest Finest Revolver). It is available in .30/30, .444, .450, .45/410, .45/70, .460 and .500. 

Harry's new calibers mod even includes a revolver chambered in 458 Winchester magnum if that revolver exists in real life i bet its HUGE.

On 7/22/2021 at 5:02 AM, pApA^LeGBa said:

It´s a game. Not a simulator. And outside of the US propably 99.5% will never know. Even in the US i doubt that there is a lot of people who actually care.

Imo fixing that would just be wasted time.

Its not because its a game that its unnecessary to be accurate... Its maybe pointless to you but to a lot of other people, its part of the immersion process and experience and its valuable. I mean, the Pimps decided to add firearms that are direct replicas from their real-life counterparts, which is actually much cooler than invented ones, so it should be expected and appropriate to at least see the loading mechanism and general handling of said arms to be as accurate as possible.

Dont get me wrong, i can totally deal with taking some creative liberties during the developement, like its not all firearms that can use 7.62mm, we should also see some 5.56, but its far from a waste of time to have some realistic details too. It may be a game, but it would be pretty silly to load a blunderbuss with a Molotov, under pretext that "its only a game". 😉

Edited by Kyonshi (see edit history)

@Kyonshi The point is if we start nitpicking on things like this and get everything "right", we won´t see a release until 2025.

Your blunderbuss comparison is apples and oranges. Most people look at the M60 reload animation and propably think "yeah it could work like that in RL" while everyone would know that loading a molotov into a blunderbuss is just BS.

1 hour ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

@Kyonshi The point is if we start nitpicking on things like this and get everything "right", we won´t see a release until 2025.

Your blunderbuss comparison is apples and oranges. Most people look at the M60 reload animation and propably think "yeah it could work like that in RL" while everyone would know that loading a molotov into a blunderbuss is just BS.

I dont think that modifying the M60 reload animation would hinder that much the developement process. They already have the models. They also did change the reload animation of the (Beretta) Pistol from A18 to A19, so it can be done, its probably not a big deal.

The point isnt to be nit-picky for every details that could/should be like real-life. Im not asking to have individual grass fibers to grow and move independently from each other. The current reload sequence of the M60 wont keep me from playing and sleeping at night, but if it can be adjusted to how its done in reality, that just a big plus! Why not? The reload animation for the Double-Barrel shotty shows the character taking out the shells and putting new ones in the chambers and that wouldnt make sense to have it any other way. And if it was the case, most people would notice the Pimps to adjust this.

My example with the Blunderbuss is over the top, of course. But its just to demonstrate that the argument that "anything can happen, its just a game" is always being flung around when someone dares to say something about the game should make more sense. Yes, we all know its a game, set in a fictive world and that zombies dont exist and you can fit a 4x4 in your backpack and whatnot... Speaking of which : you say loading a Blunderbuss with a Molotov would be BS but putting a 4x4 in your backpack is, what, ok? 😉

That argument isnt the most elevated truth to abide by. Its cool to also have real-life references included and well-integrated in the game 🙂

Edited by Kyonshi (see edit history)

@Kyonshi No you are not askin for the grass fiber. But others maybe and for them it might be as importnant as the reloading is for you.  And if everyones small little details get done, we end up with an rat tail of small little things that take ages to implement.

I´d say if they consider fixing small little details that have no impact whatsoever on the gameplay, they should focus on those that everyone recognizes and not on those that only a few recognize.

I think they shouldn´t bother at all if it has no impact on the gameplay or balance, no matter wich detail. It´s not a simulator.

Edit: Just gto a double barrel in game. You don´t take the shells out. You just put new ones in. Reloading can´t be such a serious issue for you after all if you didn´t get that one right tbh...

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

19 hours ago, Kyonshi said:

Its not because its a game that its unnecessary to be accurate... Its maybe pointless to you but to a lot of other people, its part of the immersion process and experience and its valuable. I mean, the Pimps decided to add firearms that are direct replicas from their real-life counterparts, which is actually much cooler than invented ones, so it should be expected and appropriate to at least see the loading mechanism and general handling of said arms to be as accurate as possible.

Dont get me wrong, i can totally deal with taking some creative liberties during the developement, like its not all firearms that can use 7.62mm, we should also see some 5.56, but its far from a waste of time to have some realistic details too. It may be a game, but it would be pretty silly to load a blunderbuss with a Molotov, under pretext that "its only a game". 😉

On the other hand one of the developers has said that the guns are a mix of real guns or a representations of a class of guns, not the actual ones.

I think this came up when there were complaints that some of the weapons used the wrong ammunition.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)