How do people reach days in the thousands without any problems?

Up until day 30 for me, i encounter an entire number of issues. Such as seeing no animals from day 2 to whenever i leave game and come back. At which point, i will get swarmed by how many animals DIDN'T appear when i come back in.

Same exact thing happens with zombies, i can easily get to the seventh day without seeing a single zombie around my base. No matter how much i mine or destroy blocks.

Over time to around day 20, chunks stop loading and i have to constantly get off my vehicle to force the chunks to load so I'm not being thrown back.

I've verified files, deleted the game, removed everything from MY Games folder, and removed everything in appdata.

I've got an i9-10850k,  32gb ram, NVMe, and a gtx 9602gb which runs at low with 0 issues.

I create new worlds every single version and i never repair a broken world, i always make a fresh one when issues happen.

So what is it that people are doing to never have these problems? Do you use certain settings? Do you delete stuff from files? Do you change stuff in the core inis to make it to thousand days with no issues that prolong?

Personally, I can't comprehend why anyone would want to play on a save that reaches into the thousands of days. I start over once I get bored. I get bored once I no longer feel any risk.

So I guess I don't know what they are doing. Are there a lot of these 1000+ day servers?

Yeah, @OP, there must be something weird happening on your computer.

Do you have Windows 10 by any chance? There are sometimes issues associated with the native screen recording software on Win10.

Also, I'd have a look that your AV software doesn't interfere with the game in any way.

1. Zombies,Animals that is normal gameplay. After x days some animals,zombies can respawn at the chunk but normaly you get forced to hunt at different areas.

That's why these wandering hordes and screamer exist.

But the horde spawns allways at the same chunk you are, and when you just travel at that moment you won't recognize it.

And when you don't hear any screamer at your base, you prolly don't run enough fires.

2. Maybe you should try some lower settings. Even when anythings works fine, all the textures/data still need to be loaded which could be a bottleneck.

5 hours ago, Slaasher said:

I've never played games into the thousands but I have played several to almost 100 days and have never had any of the issues that you seem to describe.

Sounds awful

Cant imagine what could be causing it

I can't either. I'll see no animals for 6 Days, then I'll exit game and come back, instantly 6 bears, 13 dire wolves, so many zombies, and around 9 cougars in the snow biome alone with more bears.

A few people have had the same issue according to one of the mods on a post i made a while ago about this exact issue so I'm not sure what's causing it either.

3 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

Do you have Windows 10 by any chance? There are sometimes issues associated with the native screen recording software on Win10.

Also, I'd have a look that your AV software doesn't interfere with the game in any way.

I do have windows 10, and i don't use any form of AV software.  One of the mods said that a few people have the exact same issue of the game becoming nearly unplayable at day 30ish. To which i was told it was inaccurate and others have shown days up near 1700 and claim to have no issues. So either they're lying or they've done something in particular to make it run perfectly.

6 hours ago, Roland said:

Personally, I can't comprehend why anyone would want to play on a save that reaches into the thousands of days. I start over once I get bored. I get bored once I no longer feel any risk.

So I guess I don't know what they are doing. Are there a lot of these 1000+ day servers?

View that thread, they are on day 4000 and claim to have 0 issues and say that "there is a form stickied with solutions" which is nothing more than explaining how the game works and ways to repair a save, not any way to actually prevent the issues from happening. So either they're lying or they're repairing the save every single time a day goes by in game

Can't vouch for people saying they play to 4000 but I can vouch for anyone playing past day 30 without problems, that is the normal way most players experience the game (otherwise this forum would be filled with complaints instead of a handful of people).

Possible causes:

1) A bug in the game. The PC platform is so variable that it burned game companies for decades. Look at other games where they release it and suddenly hundreds of users see a strange bug while the rest of the 500k players have no idea what they are talking about. Usually it is very difficult for the developer to recreate the bug on his own test machines and without having a possibility to test the bug himself a developer has a hard time finding such a bug. Bug reports with logfiles and exact hardware config can help.

2) A bug in any other software on this computer. Libraries, some software running in the background or the driver of your graphics card can all lead to a bug for just this game.

3) AV software. You say you don't use one but that means you use windows defender (which can't be disabled, so I hear). Really really make sure you exclude the game exe and any directories from defender.

4) graphics driver. So much depends on the quality of the graphics card drivers that you should at least try two versions, the most current one and one that is supposed to run well with your graphics card (maybe someone else with a 960 2G can help here.)

5) 2G on the graphics card is low and you should make sure your texture size setting is turned down (even though that should already be the case with a low config setting). If you use 8k worlds I would suggest to also make a 4k world and see if that changes anything.

6) Are you playing multiplayer? If yes, use a single player game for tests.

7) I'm not sure if this is the case, but maybe settings were or are stored in the registry as well, not only %appdata%. Make sure you use the game launcher as well to delete all configs. Do not depend only on deleting anything in %appdata%.

8 ) Even additional hardware plugged in to your computer and software running in the background sometimes can lead to problems. Make sure to test a game without any joysticks, graphics tablets and with all background tasks that are not part of stock windows 10 disabled.

PS: should you find the cause yourself, please post your solution here to help others.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

12 hours ago, Darklegend222 said:

Over time to around day 20, chunks stop loading and i have to constantly get off my vehicle to force the chunks to load so I'm not being thrown back.

Combined with your 2G video card, this to me seems maybe not so much about "days elapsed" as "about the time when you get a faster vehicle". Faster travel = faster coverage of chunks = more textures loaded/unloaded per unit time.

Here's an easy test: start a new single-player sandbox game in Navezgane. Use the creative menu to spawn in a motorcycle and some gas. Go for a ride. Do you experience the chunk loading issues when riding down the road at full speed?

2 hours ago, Boidster said:

Combined with your 2G video card, this to me seems maybe not so much about "days elapsed" as "about the time when you get a faster vehicle". Faster travel = faster coverage of chunks = more textures loaded/unloaded per unit time.

Here's an easy test: start a new single-player sandbox game in Navezgane. Use the creative menu to spawn in a motorcycle and some gas. Go for a ride. Do you experience the chunk loading issues when riding down the road at full speed?

I do not, I can easily take the motorcycle from Hughs down to Rekts without a single issue in creative. I keep task manager open and it doesn't go past 50%. 30% if i turn absolutely every setting to low

Not running any mods? And you're playing it straight, not using settime to play with day settings (I do this from time to time and it does jack with spawn rates). Are there things that you typically build in those first 20 days? Big tree farm near your base? Do you tend to explore a lot of the map early on? It seems very unlikely that the day counter itself is the cause of any issues. Something about the world is changing over those first 20 days.

You might want to post over in general support (with your log files) about the zombies not spawning for days and days. The default forest biome spawn rate is pretty low (1 zombie per spawn event, with respawns only every 2.9-3.3 days) so it's possible to kill all the area zombies and really not see very many at all for several days. But nothing for 7 days in a row? Something is wrong there. I run my own mod to increase spawns to 6 zombies respawning every half day and even then, due to RNG, we can go for a whole day without seeing any zombies around our base.

I get up into the 140-150 range pretty regularly. I don't think hardly anyone gets their single-player or local multi-player games into the thousands.  You will see servers into the thousands all the time when they are properly maintained though. Our groups oldest server atm is on day 1713, and the one before it was in the 4000 range.

On 5/24/2021 at 9:09 PM, Roland said:

there is one guy i know did it quite a bit goes by Skippy0330

On 5/24/2021 at 11:46 PM, Jost Amman said:

i doubt its windows 10 as i have windows 10 and have none of the issues OP mentioned what so ever

On 5/25/2021 at 3:29 AM, Darklegend222 said:

I can't either. I'll see no animals for 6 Days, then I'll exit game and come back, instantly 6 bears, 13 dire wolves, so many zombies, and around 9 cougars in the snow biome alone with more bears.

A few people have had the same issue according to one of the mods on a post i made a while ago about this exact issue so I'm not sure what's causing it either.

I do have windows 10, and i don't use any form of AV software.  One of the mods said that a few people have the exact same issue of the game becoming nearly unplayable at day 30ish. To which i was told it was inaccurate and others have shown days up near 1700 and claim to have no issues. So either they're lying or they've done something in particular to make it run perfectly.

View that thread, they are on day 4000 and claim to have 0 issues and say that "there is a form stickied with solutions" which is nothing more than explaining how the game works and ways to repair a save, not any way to actually prevent the issues from happening. So either they're lying or they're repairing the save every single time a day goes by in game

sounds like it could be a server side issue. Are you using blue fangs for your server

How much free space do you have on your drives? I'm a digital hoarder so I've run into problems trying to run 7DTD without a lot of free space because of how the game world expands while playing. Perhaps alt-tab when chunks refuse to load to see if that's your culprit.  Could be related to world size too, if you're doing large maps and explore a lot.

The animals thing is pretty common too if I play one long session at a time. They either glitch out and don't respawn, or they spawn and get stuck somewhere I can never find. I think this alpha has been better in that regard, but exiting the game to refresh your session every couple hours may help the overall stability too if there's a memory leak issue.

Otherwise I don't have issues playing a world indefinitely, other than becoming bored once I find all the gear I want.

3 hours ago, Lemmers said:

How much free space do you have on your drives? I'm a digital hoarder so I've run into problems trying to run 7DTD without a lot of free space because of how the game world expands while playing. Perhaps alt-tab when chunks refuse to load to see if that's your culprit.  Could be related to world size too, if you're doing large maps and explore a lot.

The animals thing is pretty common too if I play one long session at a time. They either glitch out and don't respawn, or they spawn and get stuck somewhere I can never find. I think this alpha has been better in that regard, but exiting the game to refresh your session every couple hours may help the overall stability too if there's a memory leak issue.

Otherwise I don't have issues playing a world indefinitely, other than becoming bored once I find all the gear I want.

I've got plenty, 5tb across 3 drives, each ones got 100gb free space. I never play anything except Navezgane strictly because RWG doesn't have at least 1 of every poi and I've had some really bad ones, Never a decent one unfortunately.

But if i have to exit every hour and re-enter to fix it, it won't be fun but it'll make it more playable then i suppose

5 hours ago, 7daysexpert said:

i doubt its windows 10 as i have windows 10 and have none of the issues OP mentioned what so ever

sounds like it could be a server side issue. Are you using blue fangs for your server

I'm in single player, and if i am running a server, it's a dedicated server straight from SteamCMD. I will never, NEVER pay money for someone to click a StartServer.bat for $15/month just to run the same files i do.

3 hours ago, JCrook1028 said:

So you're playing on 90% full drive then by your numbers?

At least that, and if any are SSD's he's tanking performance.

12 hours ago, 7daysexpert said:

Streamers aren't something I would use as a source for information like this. They pad things for views more often than not.

3 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

Streamers aren't something I would use as a source for information like this. They pad things for views more often than not.

he doesnt stream he does regular videos at least he did last i watched him may stream now tho but he didnt when he had a 1000+ day world

On 5/24/2021 at 8:09 PM, Roland said:

Are there a lot of these 1000+ day servers?

On 5/25/2021 at 1:55 PM, SylenThunder said:

Our groups oldest server atm is on day 1713, and the one before it was in the 4000 range.

On 5/27/2021 at 1:35 AM, 7daysexpert said:

So...two.

On 5/27/2021 at 1:34 PM, JCrook1028 said:

So you're playing on 90% full drive then by your numbers?

They have plenty of space, and the majority is taken up by games, not actively running software. I can assure you, an NVMe (2800MB read/write speed) with 100-150GB is absolutely plenty. Even used an SSD benchmark to confirm that it runs at that speed with a custom number of 80000gb to sift through for speed testing and no issues.

On 5/27/2021 at 5:02 PM, SylenThunder said:

Incorrect, have confirmed that 100-150gb is plenty for an NVMe.

Used an SSD benchmarker to test and have extracted a 40gb file with only 50gb remaining, still ran at 2800MB/s with absolutely no issues.

What you said counts for 2.5" drives, and select NVMe manufacturers. None of which affect Inland.

If you are so insistent, i got the drive 2 months ago, and i have played 7 days on an HDD and suffered the exact same issue. (Yes, i completely reinstalled the game, so no, there is no possibility of corruption, and i have verified files)

I am not new to this, and if it was my hardware in any way shape or form, it would've been detected and not posted on a forum ASKING FOR HELP  on how to make the game more stable for 1000+ day saves, which no one here seems to believe people are in 1000 days.

So that's where this thread is at.

Edited by Darklegend222
Spellings, elaborations. (see edit history)

I have been running MP games for 100+ days for several alphas without any of the issues you mentioned, not always restarting for a new minor version.

Sure, there was the occasional draught of zombie delivery but never followed by a flood of them.

What you said counts for 2.5" drives, and select NVMe manufacturers. None of which affect Inland.

You are confusing protocol and memory standards.

Will still vary dependent on manufacturer's go on over- and SLC provisioning, true.

Then again, the test result provided is for sequential read/ write which is the prime definition of what seldomly occurs once a program has fully started up. Thus, performance issues are often more a process than something instantly pinpointed.

Having said that, do you overclock memory? Especially tRFC provide some range between what seems stable even in the thoroughest of tests but can corrupt your data in the long run, and what really is stable. 

posted on a forum ASKING FOR HELP  on how to make the game more stable for 1000+ day saves

Had you done so, you would have posted in the Support Forum and not cluttered up the General Discussion subforum.

I can, and this is the main point of my post, well imagine you'd reach out to a more dedicated audience by leveraging that netiquette.

which no one here seems to believe people are in 1000 days.

Me, I do believe that; I have no doubt most of my games could have endured for so long.

As others do I just question the sanity of it ;)

3 hours ago, uncle.heavy said:

Had you done so, you would have posted in the Support Forum and not cluttered up the General Discussion subforum.

I can, and this is the main point of my post, well imagine you'd reach out to a more dedicated audience by leveraging that netiquette.

I thought of posting this myself, but probably the same people reading and answering here would mostly have also answered there.

BUT I at least would have immediately asked for the logfiles if this were in "General Support" instead of talking more conversational about possible reasons or whether other games reach 30, 60 or 1000 days without problems.

This thread got sidetracked by your title, @Darklegend222. You don't have any real questions about 1000+ day games, you apparently want help with three specific issues which you encounter much earlier. Why even mention 100-day games much less 1000-day? It's completely irrelevant.

Let's focus on the actual issues you're having:

On 5/24/2021 at 9:58 PM, Darklegend222 said:

no animals from day 2 to whenever i leave game and come back. At which point, i will get swarmed by how many animals DIDN'T appear when i come back in.

Same exact thing happens with zombies, i can easily get to the seventh day without seeing a single zombie around my base. No matter how much i mine or destroy blocks.

If you want detailed technical help with this, you need to post in the Support forum and include your logs. In your case, you might need a log which spans an entire in-game day or maybe two, without you logging out, so the activity (or non-activity) of the spawner can be looked at. If you see zero zombies through Day 7, that is not normal. Everything you describe is not normal, frankly, especially the bit about being swarmed by animals when you first log in. So your logs will need to be reviewed along with your detailed game settings and a list of mods you're running. The Support forum is really the better place for that, if you really are asking for help.

2 hours ago, Boidster said:

This thread got sidetracked by your title, @Darklegend222. You don't have any real questions about 1000+ day games, you apparently want help with three specific issues which you encounter much earlier. Why even mention 100-day games much less 1000-day? It's completely irrelevant.

Let's focus on the actual issues you're having:

If you want detailed technical help with this, you need to post in the Support forum and include your logs. In your case, you might need a log which spans an entire in-game day or maybe two, without you logging out, so the activity (or non-activity) of the spawner can be looked at. If you see zero zombies through Day 7, that is not normal. Everything you describe is not normal, frankly, especially the bit about being swarmed by animals when you first log in. So your logs will need to be reviewed along with your detailed game settings and a list of mods you're running. The Support forum is really the better place for that, if you really are asking for help.

Roland himself has reported that other users have had the same issue and is UNAWARE of the cause.. yet people say there are tools to use in order to prevent this.. but i have been given no such thing. In a comment earlier i have provided a clickable link to said forum, in a reply to Roland.

I would provide a log if the game actually made one, there is no log in the install directory aside from game startup successful. That's all it says, as a dedi-output-log.