PC issues/annoyances/wtf_Changes

Natanis_Likens

I've come back to a very different game.  Some changes are good, some are annoying as hell, and some are just plan odd.

I hope the Fun Pimps see this.

Oddities:

1. I honestly miss the changing of parts within a weapon to make it better.  Not sure why this was changed.

2. Bicycles... as much as I love them I noticed that there is no penalty for having a broken leg while riding one.  Also the behavior of them is rather odd at times... such as releasing the sprint button actually slowing you down on a down hill slope... um... huh weird.  Also the cosmetic tab not actually changing the color of them based on what dye you have in it... it's always yellow.

3. Path Finding for Zombies... still seems a bit broken.  Saw a pair of Zombies trying to break down the roof of a building instead of jumping down 3 levels to me.

4.  Horde Night.  Only saw this once and it left me just wondering what the hell happened, what happened is this I'm securing a pre-fab house to be my horde base.  On my third(??) horde night a bunch of zombies spawned inside my horde base killing me very quickly.  I did check around to see if they broke into the third floor... nope.  They spawned there... not sure why.  After wards... NO Zombies spawned and tracked me down for an easy kill... again not sure why.  This happened early in the horde night so I should have been swarmed based on my past experience with the game... nope, didn't happen.

5. Metabolism... dear god either tone this back a bit or increase the amount of food you get from food or increase the amount of food you find.

5A. Food VS Ammo.  I've noticed in the latest version that I find WAY more ammo than I do food.  More on this later.

Annoyances Minor:

1. I HATE point based leveling systems... especially when they are ONE @%$#ing point per level.  I didn't like it when you made the change to points and I still don't like it.

2. Inventory... ok I really hate what you have done with the inventory as well.  Could you not have kept it the same and then have the mods add extra spaces instead of blocking off those spaces and using mods such as pockets to add those back???  This was super frustrating to realize my old inventory space was no reduced by almost half.  Kind of like a pay to win kind of thing that I'm not fond of.

Annoyances MAJOR:

1. Food/Metabolism... Dear God what have you done??????  In the latest build of the game I died to starvation 3 times before the first horde night.  That is insane for any survival game.  AGAIN, you either need to tone back the hunger loss OR Increase the amount gained from food OR make food more common.  The Iron Gut perk also seems ass backwards to me.  I don't fully understand how one perk can decrease the amount of food loss while also increasing how much you gain from food.  

2. Bicycles... While they are a great early way of getting around I did notice trees seem to blink in and out of existence while on one.  This often times lead me to being stopped dead in my tracks as I hit an invisible tree.  Getting off the bike I could see the tree, but once on it the tree was gone again.  This was kind of hit or miss as to whether or not I could duplicate it.  Seemed to me to be a bit random.

3. Animal Tracking Perk... this broke after my second perk point in it.  Nothing was showing up as an icon afterwards even if I could clearly see something in front of me.

4. Point Based Leveling... I HATE THIS TYPE... with a damn passion.  Yours is even worse.  With some games you either start with a preset set of skills based on a class OR you can add a pre-game amount that determines what skills you have "easier" access to (Fallout Series for example with dumping points into SPECIAL).  Nope, not here.  On top of not having any skill points to dump around different attributes such as strength or agility, you've made it to were you HAVE to put points into those base attributes before you can access higher level ones.  For Example: Right now one of the things I'm after in my play through is the cement mixer.  I have two choices which is both good and bad.  If the damn RNG is kind to me I can find the book... great (HEAVY SARCASM FOR DAMN RNG BEING A @%$#ING @%$# IN ANY GAME).  OR I can level (from base for a new character) something like 6 times before I can gain access to it (in my case I need roughly 3 levels currently).  Basically I have to dump 4 points into Intelligence and another 2 points into Advanced Engineering before I can gain what I'm after... oh and this is perk wide.  The points into each attribute really don't even seem to be worth @%$# beyond being able to access higher level items. This would be fine if some of the perks where on the same attribute page... though it would make less sense than what you currently have.  You have basically three choices... either specialize in something while playing with others that specialize in something else (actually this sucks because people are @%$#s, had everything stolen while I was offline on a PVE server) OR Specialize in one thing and suck at everything else in a SOLO world which will hinder progress based on what you don't have access to OR take @%$#edly long baby steps per level while basically sucking at everything but being able to do small amounts across the board... while also hindering any progress.... I mean I'm nearing the 5th horde night and the best I can do is place down spike traps and hope the horde doesn't bring down the house literally.  This to me just seems to be a very bad STALL TACTIC in forcing the player to play WAY longer than really necessary in order to survive at all.  Not to mention there seems to be NO WAY of increasing the amount of perk points you get per level within the game.  This system screams "We just want to stall the player so they are forced to play longer" as opposed to "We want the player to have fun".  Combined with damn RNG and this system gets really old really fast.
5. RNG... @%$# RNG.  If I see a stack of books, I expect to find a book... not @%$#ing paper for the 100th time.  If I see armor or weapons in a Shotgun Messiah I want a damn armor piece or weapon... not @%$#ing parts that I can't use yet based on your damn Perk System.

6. Weapons/gear in general... ok WTF?  Why is the old system gone and now we have this lame one where the quality of the weapon is either based on the damn perk system or up to the RNG Gods??????  Where's the old system of upgrading a weapon based on finding better parts for said weapon???  To piggy back this... what happened to combining parts/weapons/armor to make better parts/weapons/gear???  From what I can tell this has been COMPLETELY REMOVED.  Again this just seems like a stall tactic and less of good mechanic for the game.  Not to mention the newer level system of items.  WTF is up with that?  For those that don't know items use to come in levels 1-100 (still with the color code system) but now items with actually levels are 1-6... and ALL Gear use to have this, Boots, Shirts, Pants, Armor, Weapons, etc... why was clothing items removed from this system??? That to me seems like a step backwards.  WTF???  Still the clothing items remain a kind of meh, type of option.  I'm still waiting to see a LOT more options in terms of clothing.

7.  Old Item VS New Item VS Crafting... RNG HATERED.  Right now I've been going around with several Stone based items as opposed to making any of the others that at the current state of things is far worse.  Case in point: I can make a level 1 Fireman's Axe but why bother when the odd RNG gave me a lvl 6 Stone Axe.  First off the level alone is way better in terms of stats for my lvl 6 Stone Axe VS a lvl 1 Fireman's Axe.  Second off it allows me to do way more than acting as an Axe, Pickaxe, and repair tool... while the Fireman's Axe... well I can chop wood... Honestly making a new Fireman's axe isn't worth the resources when compared to the lvl 6 Stone Axe... Even if the stats weren't an issue it's WAY more versatile in terms of use.

8. Piggy Backing the pervious with RNG stupidity... of all the places I've been and things I've found I have yet to find a single damn Fireman's Axe or any other tool outside of stone.  Um... WTF?  I remember in older version of the game replacing my stone tools some time after the first horde night.  Yet, here I am coming towards the 5th or 6th horde night and I'm still using Stone Tools or Primitive weapons simply because the RNG game me a lvl 6 Stone Axe, Lvl 6 Stone Sledgehammer, lvl 5 Stone Shovel, and a lvl 6 Primitive Bow.   Honestly on the rate I've been stock pilling Iron on account of scrapping inferior tools I've got enough to last me a good long while... granted I did notice the HUGE increase in resources needed to craft certain items.  Again, another stall tactic.

9. STALLING THE DAMN PLAYER.  Ok I get trying to have a game that will last a while... but dear god it seems like what was once a zombie survival sandbox has turned into a Zombie GRIND box.  Don't think I didn't noticed the insane amount of resources you need to craft one item compared to past builds of the game.  For those that don't know a good example would be grilled meat.  First off you need a @%$#ing perk for it (never mind the fact that you need a cooking grill in order to make this... which depending on RNG is either easy or super hard to get OR you can make them... but guess what... you need a @%$#ing perk first).  In past versions of the game it was 1 for 1.  I grill one piece of raw meat I get one piece of grilled meat... now in 19.4 it's I get 5 pieces of raw meat to make 1 piece of food that doesn't even get me 15% of my hunger.  I think out the gate it's like 8% of your total hunger food bar per grilled meat.  Now I remember in older versions where at 0 hunger it would take about 4 things of meat to refill the bar to full (Don't forget it was also a 1 to 1 ratio in terms of raw meat to grilled).  Oh No, not in this build.  It was taking nearly 7-9 things of grilled meat to fill me back up (And that's with the first rank in Iron Gut)... baring in mind that it's a 5x1 ratio now.  Now you can get more meat per harvest IF you have points in that perk and attribute which is under a completely different attribute/perk setup... but out the door... good luck not starving to death.   This means that per day you need roughly 35-45 raw meat... it's not hard to get... but the fact is that's PER IN GAME DAY.  Don't even get me started on some of the other increases to the amounts you need to craft a single item.  Again... for the up tenth time... this just fills like a stall tactic... make the player grind indefinitely.

10. Perks that make 0 sense.  When I first started playing way back in either A12 or A13 I remember that you could with the most basic bow and stone arrows one shot a zombie by simply shooting it in the head.  Also damage back then was solely based on the level of the bow.  That was on day one of starting a new game... now in A19.4 if you try doing that even with sneak bonus a Zombie will be like "hey wtf man? I'm going to eat you."  It's almost like you shooting spit wads at them... but never fear there's a @%$#ing perk to increase the damage you do with with each separate weapon.  I kid you not there's a perk for every single weapon for damage.  Bow Perk, Rifle Perk, Shotgun Perk, Pistol Perk, Knife/Machete Perk... and every freaking one is under a different Attribute.  *RAGE*  wait what... are you telling me I have to put points into Perception in order to put points into Spear Damage... Strength for Shotgun and Sledgehammer... etc... WTF?!?!?! Simply put if you are reading this and are trying to get into 7DtD pick a freaking weapon that will be your main and grind nothing but that Attribute in order to use that weapon effectively... oh but you want to make that weapon... well that's under a different @%$#ing attribute and perk all to gather.  Jesus Christ at least put the crafting under the same weapon/attribute.  Dear God it's like they are forcing you to spread your self thin.  Now I will say that what attribute a given perk is with makes sense in most cases... but the fact that they are linked to a specific attribute (that has little effect) is annoying as hell.  The 10% increase per perk point in damage really isn't worth it either.  Considering that for instance Spear damage is 10% at lvl 1 Javelin Master, 20% at lvl 2 Javelin Master which requires lvl 4 in Perception, 30% at lvl 3 Javelin which requires lvl 5 Perception, 40% at lvl 4 Javelin which requires lvl 7 Perception, and a whooping 50% at lvl 5 javelin which requires 10 Perception... So basicaly for a 50% increase in damage you have to level 15 times.  Now you might think that's good that at lvl 16 you have 150% damage with a spear... but honestly that's literally ALL you have by that point.  You can't even craft the damn thing yet.  In order to do so you have to go to another Attribute tree and level that up enough to access the forge... so you can make the materials for it... OR Get lucky enough with the RNG to find a enough materials to make it... oh and repairing it is on a different tree as well.  GOOD LUCK.

Good Things:

1. Dyes.  Yes finally... we can dye our outfits different colors.  Nice Love this.  No more hunting for a different color shirt... now if I have the dye I can make it the color I want.  Great, Love this.

2. Bicycle.  As an early game item to be able to move  around the world this is great... takes a while to get but loving the bicycle so far.  Can't wait to see what mods we can get for them... doesn't seem to be anything for it yet.

3. Traders: This is new to me... last time I played on a regular basis they weren't implemented yet.  Love these.  I do wish there was more variety in the quests they offer... but this is still amazing.

4. Item mods... these are good... I do enjoy them... I just wish there were more of them, ALL items showed a mod (my scrap helmet doesn't show that it has the light mod on it), and more that overlapped... meaning you can have 1 of x amount and only 1. Example1: I noticed you can only have 1 pocket mod per clothing/armor yet there are 3 different sizes of pockets.  Example2: I have both the Wood chopping mod and the Iron breaking mod on my lovely Stone Axe.

5.  Ok aside from my hatred of the Perk system... it is a very clean layout.  There's nothing confusing about it.  It's simple to use and easy to read/understand for the most part.  I do wish what it allowed as far as crafting stood out a bit more it tends to get lost in the rest of the text.  But it is there.  Very nice and simple.  Maybe put the item(s) it unlocks for the player to craft at the top and in a bold type face.  Ex: Unlocks Crafting: Forge and Smithy.

Moved this thread to the correct forum part, it was posted in the console section.

Generally devs have said they don't have time to read such huge posts, if at all they might skim it. You probably should read the first post in the dev diary first as at least one of your wishes is already announced as being implemented. No need to ask for already announced features.

The cosmetic slot for bicycles is there in preparation for full vehicle mods and with that feature fully implemented the color will change with the dye.

Check out the first post in the dev diary, everything expected to be in A20 or A21 is listed there:

1 hour ago, Natanis_Likens said:

pick a freaking weapon that will be your main and grind nothing but that Attribute in order to use that weapon effectively... oh but you want to make that weapon... well that's under a different @%$#ing attribute and perk all to gather. 

Where did you see that? Maybe put some points into YOUR perception perk 😁. (Sorry, cheap joke).

Actually the perk that improves your weapon damage and the perk for crafting better versions of it are the same.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Natanis_Likens said:

For those that don't know a good example would be grilled meat.  First off you need a @%$#ing perk for it (never mind the fact that you need a cooking grill in order to make this... which depending on RNG is either easy or super hard to get OR you can make them... but guess what... you need a @%$#ing perk first). 

You can also find the recipe for grilled meat by scavening or buy it from the trader. The perk is there if you don't trust your luck. Granted  one point into the cooking perk isn't a bad way to start a game, but you get 4 free perk points after your tutorial quests. (I myself usually don't put a point there as I find a lot of food recipes in early game)

The cooking grill is rather trivial to get if you scavenge a few kitchens for food. Scavenging kitchens at the start of the game is advisable anyway because food is a scarce resource at start.

Also one point into the perk that allows you to build a forge is also a good investment that allows you to build the grill yourself. Or try to find a working forge in a trader or in a building, or get lucky and find the forge recipe in a broken forge. There are lots of ways to get that stuff, you just have to find out what's best for you.

2 hours ago, Natanis_Likens said:

but out the door... good luck not starving to death.   This means that per day you need roughly 35-45 raw meat... it's not hard to get... but the fact is that's PER IN GAME DAY

Yes, the first days in this game are very much about getting food. Especially new players will have a hard time and suspect this is poorly balanced. But as soon as you learn where all the places are to get food it becomes much more manageable and 2 in-game weeks later your food problem is solved. Here are a few tips if you want to be spoilered:

1) At the start of the game:

Do lots of buried treasure quests (gives you cans of food and food recipes).

Buy cans of food from the machine in the trader compound.

Raid kitchens.

Do not always run, especially not in heavy armor, do not immediately start mining extensively, get materials from buildings instead. Do not run when you are using the "overweight" slots (instead scrap early scrap often and use chests in the street to collect stuff you can't carry).

2) Start early to build farm plots, get a farm going so you can make better food as soon as possible. One point into the farming perk in Fortitude is always a good idea as it doubles the output of your farm.

Yet, here I am coming towards the 5th or 6th horde night and I'm still using Stone Tools or Primitive weapons simply because the RNG game me a lvl 6 Stone Axe, Lvl 6 Stone Sledgehammer, lvl 5 Stone Shovel, and a lvl 6 Primitive Bow. 

If you are still getting stone tools on the 5th horde night it means you are very slow in leveling up. Typical players find iron tools around the second horde night I would guess. I'm not at all saying you are doing anything wrong, it is just that the game adapts to your speed of progress and if you take your time, so does the game.

I suspect that you have not done many quests. Doing so will speed up your progress.

The game is hard for new players. And practically you are one since you have stopped playing for a long time and lots of mechanisms have changed meanwhile.

Where's the old system of upgrading a weapon based on finding better parts for said weapon???

Irreversibly gone. Just saying this, the devs made it clear that the game like it is now will be in large parts the game that will be released. You are free to tell them you don't like it but things like this will not change anymore. The devs are happy with it and they seemed to have reasons to ditch the old system.

4.  Horde Night.  Only saw this once and it left me just wondering what the hell happened, what happened is this I'm securing a pre-fab house to be my horde base.  On my third(??) horde night a bunch of zombies spawned inside my horde base killing me very quickly.  I did check around to see if they broke into the third floor... nope.  They spawned there... not sure why.  After wards... NO Zombies spawned and tracked me down for an easy kill... again not sure why.  This happened early in the horde night so I should have been swarmed based on my past experience with the game... nope, didn't happen.

This is intentional to have players not get into a death-loop if their horde base is overrun early in the night. If you are killed in horde night, horde night zombies will not spawn again except if you make noise and some normal zombie notices you.

2. Inventory... ok I really hate what you have done with the inventory as well.  Could you not have kept it the same and then have the mods add extra spaces instead of blocking off those spaces and using mods such as pockets to add those back???  This was super frustrating to realize my old inventory space was no reduced by almost half.  Kind of like a pay to win kind of thing that I'm not fond of.

What are you talking about? Inventory is fully usable from the start, you are just getting very slow if you overburden yourself and use the "overweight" slots.

Your post clearly isnt long enough and should have more redundants arguments than it already has, to really catch the attention of the devs. I would have made it way longer, like 3-4 more hours of reading to clarify your point to the maximum. The developers could surely focus on your comments only and no one else's.

7 hours ago, Natanis_Likens said:

I honestly miss the changing of parts within a weapon to make it better.  Not sure why this was changed.

I liked it too. That was a really fun aspect of weapon progression. They changed it because they wanted to go with weapon mods instead which are also fun. They also did not like the 600 levels of progression for quality and wanted to reduce it to just one step per quality advance instead of 100 steps per quality advance. WIth only six steps the old system of each part adding a portion to the overall quality no longer was feasible. They also didn't want a weapons part assembly interface as well as a weapons mod assembly interface. There are, of course, many who would have wanted the developers to just keep what they had and add on to it for some super deep and complex weapons crafting but the devs felt it would have been too bloated. 

The current system of using parts to craft the weapon and then add mods to slots to enhance the weapon is the way it will be forever more. But that is the answer as to why it was changed.

I HATE point based leveling systems... especially when they are ONE @%$#ing point per level.  I didn't like it when you made the change to points and I still don't like it.

This won't change. If it is a deal breaker for you and you won't be able to enjoy 7 Days to Die because of it then you might be finished with this game. The current point system is the permanent default system for the game. There are mods that change the system--even bringing back learn by doing mechanics so you might check those out. No amount of public opinion contrary to the current perk system will move them to change it at this point. The game is almost done.

Considering that for instance Spear damage is 10% at lvl 1 Javelin Master, 20% at lvl 2 Javelin Master which requires lvl 4 in Perception, 30% at lvl 3 Javelin which requires lvl 5 Perception, 40% at lvl 4 Javelin which requires lvl 7 Perception, and a whooping 50% at lvl 5 javelin which requires 10 Perception... So basicaly for a 50% increase in damage you have to level 15 times.  Now you might think that's good that at lvl 16 you have 150% damage with a spear... but honestly that's literally ALL you have by that point.  You can't even craft the damn thing yet.  In order to do so you have to go to another Attribute tree and level that up enough to access the forge... so you can make the materials for it... OR Get lucky enough with the RNG to find a enough materials to make it... oh and repairing it is on a different tree as well.  GOOD LUCK.

Okay...there is some inaccurate and exaggerated info here.

First: Leveling up Perception all the way to get Spears maxed out is expensive BUT you can then also very cheaply get anything else in the Perception attribute maxed as well. The benefit of being fully maxed in Perception extends to more than just Javelin Master. The attribute itself adds great power and benefit to spears beyond the 150% damage. Often it doesn't matter how much damage my spear does because my maxed perception bonus of dismemberment means that on my second or third jab the zombie's head pops off regardless of how many hitpoints it might have left. In addtion there are perk books for the spears that add additional damage and abilities and when all of those things are stacked you get pretty OP.  So, yes, saying that you've spent 15 levels to only get 150% damage bonus makes it sound underwhelming but it also doesn't tell the whole story.

Second: It costs one point to get the forge or no points if you can find one or find the recipe for one. It isn't some gargantuan effort to cross over to the intellect attribute and spend that one point for the forge. Check the trader compound--his might be working and then you don't need to spend anything. Also, the highest tier spear can only be made if you find the schematic for it. It is not unlocked by spending points.

Third: Repairing anything costs no perk points. Not sure what you meant by a different tree. Craft a repair kit and you are good to go. You'll need forged iron but its just that same single point to get the forge that you spent craft the materials you needed to make your spear anyway so no extra points or perks needed for repairing.

5. RNG... @%$# RNG.  If I see a stack of books, I expect to find a book... not @%$#ing paper for the 100th time.  If I see armor or weapons in a Shotgun Messiah I want a damn armor piece or weapon... not @%$#ing parts that I can't use yet based on your damn Perk System.

The whole looting system is a work in progress at the moment. There will be more changes to it in A20 and A21 that will help with variety and finding better stuff in tougher locations. However, you shouldn't expect piles of books to frequently have usable books. The paper you find is an abstraction of finding books that are worthless to your survival knowledge but at least you can harvest them for paper. Personally, I'm glad there is not a mini game of ripping paper out books that have no usable information in them.

TLDR past the 3rd paragraph - keep it summarized and concise if you expect others to listen. Think your wall of text may have triggered the forum mods, or they are bored with nothing to do, considering number of replies on the first page...

1 hour ago, Roland said:

I still reply to posts in the same way that I still shoot zombies. Sure it’s been 7 years and they all mostly look alike but they still keep coming. 😜

And new releases turn the forums into horde night, amirite???

11 hours ago, Natanis_Likens said:

Now I remember in older versions where at 0 hunger it would take about 4 things of meat to refill the bar to full (Don't forget it was also a 1 to 1 ratio in terms of raw meat to grilled).  Oh No, not in this build.  It was taking nearly 7-9 things of grilled meat to fill me back up (And that's with the first rank in Iron Gut)... baring in mind that it's a 5x1 ratio now

Please don't make grilled, boiled, or charred meat. It is a waste of raw meat.

Put one point into master chef and make bacon and eggs and red tea. Drink the tea before you eat for the digestion buff. You won't have to eat nearly so often.

Jesus Christ at least put the crafting under the same weapon/attribute.  Dear God it's like they are forcing you to spread your self thin.  Now I will say that what attribute a given perk is with makes sense in most cases... but the fact that they are linked to a specific attribute (that has little effect) is annoying as hell.  The 10% increase per perk point in damage really isn't worth it either.  Considering that for instance Spear damage is 10% at lvl 1 Javelin Master, 20% at lvl 2 Javelin Master which requires lvl 4 in Perception, 30% at lvl 3 Javelin which requires lvl 5 Perception, 40% at lvl 4 Javelin which requires lvl 7 Perception, and a whooping 50% at lvl 5 javelin which requires 10 Perception... So basicaly for a 50% increase in damage you have to level 15 times.  Now you might think that's good that at lvl 16 you have 150% damage with a spear... but honestly that's literally ALL you have by that point.  You can't even craft the damn thing yet. 

Somehow you completely missed something here. Increasing perception increases the damage you do with spears. Points into spears themselves gives you increased damage, range on throws, and increased crafting quality. There is no other attribute you can put points into to make better spears.

For Example: Right now one of the things I'm after in my play through is the cement mixer.  I have two choices which is both good and bad.  If the damn RNG is kind to me I can find the book... great (HEAVY SARCASM FOR DAMN RNG BEING A @%$#ING @%$# IN ANY GAME).  OR I can level (from base for a new character) something like 6 times before I can gain access to it (in my case I need roughly 3 levels currently).  Basically I have to dump 4 points into Intelligence and another 2 points into Advanced Engineering before I can gain what I'm after... oh and this is perk wide. 

The cement mixer schematic is a common lootable item from broken cement mixers. If your trader does not have a working one you can use, loot the houses under construction and other construction sites. (Break one block in each garage door you pass and peak in to see if there is a workbench in there if you need the workbench schematic.) I believe broken workstations have a 20% or 25% chance to drop the schematic and some construction sites have 2 cement mixers. Broken forges are harder to find, so the one point into advanced engineering is a must for me.

If you don't find the schematic easily, you should at least be able to find a working cement mixer in the world. Mark it on your map and use it.

A lot of things you are struggling with becomes trivial once you get comfortable with the changes. I never have any problems with hunger because i know how to manage food and hunger. You are still learning, which is fine. However, the fact you haven't yet figured out how to manage food and hunger does not mean the game mechanic is broken. It is easily managed.

9 hours ago, katarynna said:

Please don't make grilled, boiled, or charred meat. It is a waste of raw meat.

Put one point into master chef and make bacon and eggs and red tea. Drink the tea before you eat for the digestion buff. You won't have to eat nearly so often.

That's a common idea around the meats, but they're really not that bad. For bacon & eggs you'll get 36 food, while with 2 boiled eggs and a charred meat, you'll get 30. That's 20% more food, sure, but nothing to feel bad about if you don't have the eggs. I tend to save at least some eggs in case I get a lucky blueberry pie recipe or some such. Plus, is you boil the meat, you'll get an extra 10 healing, essentially out of a jar of water.

The Red Tea is great, but it effects the "speed of loss for food", not the eating. So rather than drinking it before eating, drink it before running/mining. Preferably both :)

I just found the recipies for psgettie and tunafish gravytoast while looting a building.

already had 3 pts in master chef, but not the 4th pt yet, and now, I can delay that.

So yup, put at least 1 pt in cooking, unless you do a buncha dig quests (which you should), and get the recipies.

Save the canned stuff that can be used in recipies unless starving.

There's still a bunch you can eat otherwise.  (cat/dog food, chicken rations/soup (why is there no recipe for those!!), pears)

Sham should save some for sham chowder, but it is plentiful, so can eat that.

No way should anyone be starving, unless you go with lower loot %.  If you do that, then yer not gonna whine. Better not. 

alternatively, put points into living off the land quickly and get a farm going. duh.  doesn't have to be a big farm.

(and don't make farm plots without 2 pts in LOTL. half price for plots. a no brainer)

I need more coffee.

:D

• 1 month later...

Well, get used to it. Since a15 theyre dying to rewrite every single system in the game and make it more shallow so more people will buy their game. Since us, the ppl who bought it in 2013-16 have already spent their money so f them. I could add 20 more points to major annoyances. No wellness, less wall upgrades, zombies with 7th sense, zombies that spawn in front of your eyes, zombies hiding in every single wardrobe, removing the gun parts, then adding em back but without the feature where every better part would have an impact on the gun stats, instead you have it like, a part is a part, gun stays same. I could go and go forever.

Big shame they ruined 7d2d.

Edited by Selevan (see edit history)

22 hours ago, Selevan said:

Since us, the ppl who bought it in 2013-16 have already spent their money so f them.

You may want to research the definition of "Alpha" in the context of software - and specifically games. It will help clear up a) what you paid for and b) what TFP owes 'us'.

But possibly even more important than that, if 7D2D is ruined for you go find a game you like! Why waste time complaining here when you could be, you know, having fun? (I am assuming that complaining about things is not fun for you.)

Edited by Crater Creator
personal attacks/accusations (see edit history)

5 hours ago, Boidster said:

You may want to research the definition of "Alpha" in the context of software - and specifically games. It will help clear up your brain fog about a) what you paid for and b) what TFP owes 'us'.

But possibly even more important for your mental health than that, if 7D2D is ruined for you go find a game you like! Why waste time complaining here when you could be, you know, having fun? (I am assuming that complaining about things is not fun for you.)

Hey, I've got a chart...... :angel2:

spacer.png

I started reading this post and it did not take very long before I realized that you just don't know how to play 7D2D  A19 and have yet to adjust your playing style.

You like  some others  take more time complaining about the game as it stands than learning the new features .   I started playing this game when Alpha 16 came out, I have  also played different Alphas all the way back to A5.  In that time I have logged over 3800 hours and have never died of starvation!  I think that proves my point!  

As @Laz Manpointed out in a necroed thread from Summer of 2020, it is pretty interesting to go back and read about the changes that people struggled with and how those things are just non-issues now because we have adapted and learned. At the start of every alpha there will be people who rant that their playstyle or base type or x is impossible now thanks to the changes-- but then months later nobody thinks those things are impossible any longer because-- learning happens. On a side note, it is also interesting to read posts from people who haven't played in a year or more and then they pick it up and they have the same learning curve issues the rest of us had a year ago but they are just posting about it now....lol.

So, just wait for all the angry posts from people who will not know how to play Alpha 20. :)

Edited by Roland (see edit history)