KingGen - A Random World Generator for 7 Days to Die

KingSlayerGM

2 minutes ago, stallionsden said:

Argh in vanilla tfp would have to keep it to a default size. Who knows what the remaining alphas have tho maybe we get more size options. 

we probably will but until then king gen will keep us busy.

yo captian crunch i know it may take until deep into A20 for that super cool Texas map to be ready but my only complaint is swamps will be missing as the game needs more biomes.

Question.

Would it be possible to have King Gen create a plain map?

No cities, towns etc.

Just Roads. similar to what i have in the map jpeg.

I have started creating races for my gaming group. super fast 4x4s and the best i could get was this map.

This is the basic idea race to a arena prizes for 1-4 and for 3 check points.
this video is my second test.

preview.jpg

you could do this with a custom height map and edit the splat map to add roads where you want. you could add a cities map as well for the checkpionts.

check out TallmanBrads tutorials on the first page. tutorial 5 shows how to make roads. it is very simple..

just had a thought after watching the video...  Redbul air races?  flat map  build a pair of metal towers as checkpoints have as many as you want and have gyrocopter races...lol  have the red areas and white stripe to show the height you have to go through them..  

redbull air race.jpg

Edited by spud42 (see edit history)

Hello, there's something I don't understand, there's the old prefab big book store "aaa_store_book_lg_01", but when recreate the cutosm prefab list vanilla, KingGen don't want write this prefab (as many others vanilla) into the list, why?

In internet, I find other custom prefabs for a19.6, but samething, KingGen don't want them o_O"

IDK but seem look-like there's no protection to don't use prefab in the xml files...

10 hours ago, wicketness said:

Question.

Would it be possible to have King Gen create a plain map?

No cities, towns etc.

Just Roads. similar to what i have in the map jpeg.

I think you could achieve that by letting kinggen create the full map for you and then replace the prefabs.xml with one that simply says 

<prefabs>
</prefabs>

VicWint is right:  And you can certainly create a splat3 png for your circuit - multiple circuits, even - for e.g.  1) a short drag strip:  2). a second, long drag strip: 3). A short, closed circuit - like Brands Hatch in the UK, for motorcycle or car racing and then 4) - a long "Tour de France" race or the shorter "Le Mans" course. You're limited only by your imagination! I think it's a splendid idea for a group - someone might even suggest trophies - even some kind of entrance fee which might translate into a game, addon or some such.... (sponsored by TFP!)  😎 (perhaps)  .. Very cool.  I like it!   

Seriously - the world map, flatness or terrain shape - the roads/courses - the biomes - the water - all are easy. Selected prefabs - like grandstands, pits, things like that - can be used, perhaps with the help of one of the more experienced prefab builders to customize or create new.  . . A custom biome.xml will take care of the weather and the ground clutter: In fact I reckon one could produce an entire "Race Day" mod c/w specific xml's and prefabs and no zeds - one that could be dropped into the game - even a specific, separate instance of the game, setup for club racing only.    I like this even more. . .
😉

Edited by paulj_3 (see edit history)

5 hours ago, Life_For_Dead said:

Hello, there's something I don't understand, there's the old prefab big book store "aaa_store_book_lg_01", but when recreate the cutosm prefab list vanilla, KingGen don't want write this prefab (as many others vanilla) into the list, why?

In internet, I find other custom prefabs for a19.6, but samething, KingGen don't want them o_O"

IDK but seem look-like there's no protection to don't use prefab in the xml files...

The aaa prefabs are tfp stuff not in game use. Lots of models and scenarios and really empty on some. 

Thank Spud!  I used to do a lot of motocross "a few years back", and that would be a super addition for a "Race Day", wouldn't it?   Green Splat3 - gravel track w/custom hilly circuit - lots of jumps - ideal for something like Bdub's "Dirt Bike"!  Ten entrants . . . .    A hoot!

. . . and that "Red Bull"  Yeesssssss......  I think there are a few aircraft mods around aren't there?

6 hours ago, stallionsden said:

The aaa prefabs are tfp stuff not in game use. Lots of models and scenarios and really empty on some. 

Yes I know but it's not the problem, like I export all my personnel prefabs, no sleeper/quest/loot in it & KingGen can use them.

& Like I said, like others some moders prefabs (of course for a19.6) that I found can't be used too.

Even I open them in the editor & do a little change, that don't  want it.

Must have a sort of "protection" of something like that in KingGen or in the prefab files or maybe I miss a option in the editor, but what ? ? ? IDK...

3 hours ago, Life_For_Dead said:

Yes I know but it's not the problem, like I export all my personnel prefabs, no sleeper/quest/loot in it & KingGen can use them.

& Like I said, like others some moders prefabs (of course for a19.6) that I found can't be used too.

Even I open them in the editor & do a little change, that don't  want it.

Must have a sort of "protection" of something like that in KingGen or in the prefab files or maybe I miss a option in the editor, but what ? ? ? IDK...

What error or Issue you having that kinggen can't spawn a poi

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)

1 hour ago, stallionsden said:

What error or 8ssue you having that kinggen can't spawn a poi

It's not a problem of spawn of the prefab, it's the problem of prefab are not write in the list when I create it... KingGen was just skip some prefabs without any message in background... You can try yourself & see if example if the prefab "aaa_store_book_lg_01" is in your list... I try manytime & always don't want it...

6 hours ago, Life_For_Dead said:

It's not a problem of spawn of the prefab, it's the problem of prefab are not write in the list when I create it... KingGen was just skip some prefabs without any message in background... You can try yourself & see if example if the prefab "aaa_store_book_lg_01" is in your list... I try manytime & always don't want it...

It's probably coded to skip those as a lot of them are incomplete. Try renaming it and removing the "aaa" from the name.

I wondering if there is a way to make a two biome world without pine forest?  I set the default biome to burnt forest and then turn desert and snow to none, with burnt large and wasteland medium. However, the majority of the map is still pine.  Is there a way to make a wasteland and burnt map only? 

Make your own biome.png in Gimp - paint it using the two colors that you need, save and export it, then select it in the Advanced settings as you're selecting the city size, town size, grid, water height whatever. . .    Just follow Tallman Brad's videos and ask back here if you get stuck. . The biomes.png is the easiest of them all.

pj

2 hours ago, Tallman Brad said:

@myschyef I'd leave a small area within at least one city as pine for the start up trader to spawn at. If you're wanting to do the initial tutorial quests. Normally the game won't send you to a trader in the waste or burnt. You might get an error without this. 

I have had the game send me to a trader in burnt for the initial tutorial quest on some maps.

@myschyef Here's a 6k 2-biome "biomes.png" for you:      https://1drv.ms/u/s!AueVg7eVAeXMlQvW1663VAYlqmVW?e=gSlx84

It will work for you as you intended.  Using the first map's preview, I included a very small pine forest, centered in one of the cities it had created (in case it needed that for a Trader, as Brad suggested,) but the second map didn't make the city around it - but did create a trader inside the new city at a different spot - so I don't think you need the Pine Forest at all.   Anyway - if you want - put the xcf and png's into a 'safe' folder, and then point the new map to it, so it'll use the png. I included the xcf in case you lose the png. The preview is what the second map looked like.

Yes - I seem to remember reading 'something' about that, too, Brad, but lord knows where.
Even if it was needed  - it's not too difficult to make a 'single-city' cities.png to actually force the issue.   

. . . and another "Thank you" for all the great videos!  Don't go away - ok?    😎

3 minutes ago, paulj_3 said:

Yes - I seem to remember reading 'something' about that, too, Brad but 'where?' I have no clue!

Haha me neither. It would have been here or on the discord page. I'm not quite motivated enough this morning to go looking for it haha. 

9 minutes ago, paulj_3 said:

and another "Thank you" for all the great videos!  Don't go away - ok?    😎

You're very welcome! I'm not going anywhere. Slightly concerned the videos may be outdated when we see the new system for a20 though. I have my fingers crossed and send as much luck as possible to Kingslayer for a smooth/easy transition. So much work has gone into kinggen, I really hope we can all continue to enjoy it through a20 too. We may need patience. 

"Slightly concerned the videos "  I hope it has no impact -however - I'm pretty sure that the TFP folks follow this thread, and will incorporate - even expand on the ideas that KS has used in making KingGen - and will use them to improve on the existing RWG. Of course - that may give him a better base for improving KingGen!

I think they'll be aware of the software. I don't know if they'd be following the thread though. The dev stream that covers the new random gen system is going to be very interesting. King has been quiet for a little while, it'd be amazing if he turned up in that stream having honoured an NDA for the last month haha.