KingGen - A Random World Generator for 7 Days to Die

KingSlayerGM

11 minutes ago, HB_H4wk said:

@Tallman Brad Thanks for all of the videos, all very helpful. I was experimenting with Crack brushes for GIMP on this test map.

preview.jpg

You're very welcome H4wk! The cracks look pretty good there. I took a stamp from the grand canyon and have been using that. It works so well. I'd recommend it highly! Just set your alpha to remove the high points instead of the lows that I did in the mountain video. You can string the stamps together pretty easily too. 

On 9/1/2021 at 6:11 PM, Jugom said:

Is that TerreScuplptor??? Do you have/know of any turorial on how to use it? I use it to genreate pretty previews of the heightmaps I create in gimp, for Nitro/KG. but I' like to learn how to actually use it for it's intended purpose lol. 

Gaia for Unity. No tutorials, its very difficult to work with. The big problem i have is the export of the raw file. They export very very dark, and i end up losing detail.

Edited by Cpt Krunch (see edit history)

Does King Gen work with the War3zuk Mod ?

I would like to generate a world using the King Gen tool that I could use when playing War3zuk's mod. I understand that the War3zuk Mod has it's own POI's but I can't find any information on sourcing War3zuk's POI's when using King Gen.

Thanks

2 hours ago, newbie said:

Does King Gen work with the War3zuk Mod ?

I would like to generate a world using the King Gen tool that I could use when playing War3zuk's mod. I understand that the War3zuk Mod has it's own POI's but I can't find any information on sourcing War3zuk's POI's when using King Gen.

Thanks

Can be done, but its a wee bit trick. Download War3zuks mod, and pull out all the custom prefabs. Then using KingGen, make entries for those prefabs, remembering to remove the vanilla traders. I 'might' have a list somewhere, but Im not sure its 100% working stand alone, I hand make a lot of stuff on my maps. I will let you knw, but yeah thats how you do it.

Is there some way of making KingGen work reliably with the Sorcery mod?

(For example, is there some way of detecting when a KingGen map will make the Sorcery mod starting quests not completable? Other than creating a map and playing through until the quest appears?)

@newbie I did this, describing it with pics on page 46 of this topic newbie. I simply moved all my own Mod plus the existing Prefab folders completely out of the game, put them into a temp folder (so I could put them back later) - then just put War3's Full Version "Mods" folder into the game, then put his complete "Prefabs" folder in, both where the two old folders had been. I did not put his "Config" folder in (it only contains the rwgmixer) in, nor his "Worlds" folder, because KG is going to make the new map.  Once that was done - I started KG, created the poislist.txt in the "Advanced settings"-> "Generate custom POI's list", and saving it in the "Prefabs" folder: it finished creating the map and then I played it. It started normally, and during that play I encountered no red errors or any other problem: I also went into dm mode, flying around to look at the map from the air. 

Complete map, with files.:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AueVg7eVAeXMlC4494op2px_jxVA?e=u8Lkwo

(references to "Soufriere" are from the stamp I used to add the heightmap's volcano.)(Thanks, Brad!)

Edited by paulj_3 (see edit history)

Hello, there's a problem with the world map POI mode where I can not understand the problem.

I add Magolis Compo Pack & others prefabs.

I build the map for my little cousin so that he can discover all prefabs without wasting time with a normal map.

But, IDK why, in single play, each time he login out & then he relog later, his profil si always reset, nothing about the character is save (inventory/level/skill).

Console error: loading player data failed for player rolling back

With another normal maps made with KingGen, no problem, I try on my side, same thing...

So it's normal cause of the world map POI mode or I miss something?

8 hours ago, Life_For_Dead said:

Hello, there's a problem with the world map POI mode where I can not understand the problem.

I add Magolis Compo Pack & others prefabs.

I build the map for my little cousin so that he can discover all prefabs without wasting time with a normal map.

But, IDK why, in single play, each time he login out & then he relog later, his profil si always reset, nothing about the character is save (inventory/level/skill).

Console error: loading player data failed for player rolling back

With another normal maps made with KingGen, no problem, I try on my side, same thing...

So it's normal cause of the world map POI mode or I miss something?

This sounds like an installation issue, and not related to King Gen. Are you using the Mod Launcher? If not, I would recommend using the Mod Launcher. Make a separate install just for Compo Pack version.

I'm having trouble with amending a Kinggen generated world. Not sure what part is playing up.

After the world has been generated, I have moved some of the POI's. (A trader Hugh specifically)

The height for the trader has been worked out from the kinggen world previewer and in game, it's definitely right.

However, in game, the trader is elevated several spaces up. I cannot work out why.

However, if I change the trader to a different one (trader Jen) in the prefab xml, then the height is right?

Any ideas?

57 minutes ago, Dark_Shadow_231 said:

I'm having trouble with amending a Kinggen generated world. Not sure what part is playing up.

After the world has been generated, I have moved some of the POI's. (A trader Hugh specifically)

The height for the trader has been worked out from the kinggen world previewer and in game, it's definitely right.

However, in game, the trader is elevated several spaces up. I cannot work out why.

However, if I change the trader to a different one (trader Jen) in the prefab xml, then the height is right?

Any ideas?

Think I got it. Vertical offset to account for caves underneath it.

How do I use the min and max value for my POIs, because no matter how many times I create an 12k map, he wont create certain POIs and I dont know why. So I tried testing it with a min and max value but then it says it discarded that line in the POI list.

Edit: ok I found out how to use the min and max value but I still want to know why it is not generating certain PIOs no matter what option I choose

Edited by Gandilein (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Gandilein said:

what is wrong with this line? It wont generate even when I put all, biomes, townships and zones in it.

rh_cave_Salt_Desert(by_sinder),35,25,39,-22,2,desert,town/wilderness/rural,residential/residentialnew/downtown/residentialold,,

I think it fails because your value (in the alowed values for zones) is the word "residential". Gandilien.  Below is what is written on the first page of the KG topic:

"The allowed values for zones are: residentialold, residentialnew, downtown, commercial, industrial, oldwest and any."

7 minutes ago, paulj_3 said:

I think it fails because your last value (in the alowed values for zones) includes the word "residential". Gandilien.  Below is what is written on the first page of the KG topic:

"The allowed values for zones are: residentialold, residentialnew, downtown, commercial, industrial, oldwest and any."

Yeah I know, but it doesn't matter, when you put something else in, it will just ignore it and beside that, I already tried putting it like that

rh_cave_Salt_Desert(by_sinder),35,25,39,-22,2,pine_forest/burnt_forest/desert/snow/wasteland,city/town/rural/wilderness,residentialold/residentialnew/downtown/commercial/industrial/oldwest,,

and it didn't work either.

6 minutes ago, paulj_3 said:

Ok. I must confess to having only removed complete lines, and have never  had the need to edit any particular line, Gandilein:  for me,  "allowed values" implies that an error message or crash may/will occur when anything else is entered.

The allowed values for biomes are: pine_forest, burnt_forest, desert, snow and wasteland.

The allowed values for townships are: city, town, rural and wilderness.

The allowed values for zones are: residentialold, residentialnew, downtown, commercial, industrial, oldwest and any.
Any other values will be ignored.

There it says:"other values will be ignored" and if that is not proof enough

rh_business_Monster_Flex_Gym(by_Swolk),28,21,50,-3,2,burnt_forest/snow/pine_forest/desert/wasteland,rural/wilderness/town/city,residentialnew/residentialold/industrial/commercial/residential/downtown,,

this one for example is working

1 minute ago, paulj_3 said:

So, without that original line in the poislist - KG will create a map just fine, but when you put that line in the poislist - KG stops and produces some kind of error, or what?

There is no error it just won't generate that POI and that is just one of a few more, I just want to know what causing it that I can work something out for the other POIs

Aaahh...  ok. Well, in that case, I guess I would remove the main Prefabs folder, and create a small one in it's place, with say - ten or fifteen prefabs in it, including this one, and see if that works. Maybe KS has to answer this. I have no other suggestions: you've already gone past where I am in learnng this tool !!!!

This is just off the top of my head, but are you sure you got the POI name right?  Since you said 

rh_business_Monster_Flex_Gym(by_Swolk),28,21,50,-3,2,burnt_forest/snow/pine_forest/desert/wasteland,rural/wilderness/town/city,residentialnew/residentialold/industrial/commercial/residential/downtown,,

works, try this:

Swap out rh_business_Monster with cave_Salt to see if the map generates the POI cave_Salt.  If it doesn't generate it still, that might point to a naming issue with the POI

15 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

This is just off the top of my head, but are you sure you got the POI name right?  Since you said 

works, try this:

Swap out rh_business_Monster with cave_Salt to see if the map generates the POI cave_Salt.  If it doesn't generate it still, that might point to a naming issue with the POI

LOL you did it, King Gen seems to have a problem with the word "cave" I renamed it a few times and nothing worked but when I removed "cave" it worked.

Thats why no other cave is generated aswell.

That is a really strange bug

9 minutes ago, Gandilein said:

LOL you did it, King Gen seems to have a problem with the word "cave" I renamed it a few times and nothing worked but when I removed "cave" it worked.

Thats why no other cave is generated aswell.

That is a really strange bug

@KhaineGB

So Khaine is aware of what you found.  He might need more details from you.