KingGen - A Random World Generator for 7 Days to Die

KingSlayerGM

@HB_H4wk and @GunsNerdsAndSteelProblem solved. 

After you have created your new map and new splat file:

Use the 'splat fix' option to repair the splat 3 file and simply paste it over the one in the 7dtd new world folder. Don't regenerate your map as it'll drop different poi's in different places. We're just using kinggen to fix the splat file. Delete any splat4 and 5 files that might be there in the game folder from previously starting the map and start a new game. 

Biomes appear normal and roads are drawn correctly. Not ideal, but I'll spend some time on the work flow and see if I can streamline the process a little. I suspect it is the missing alpha layer that is causing the problem but I haven't had any success when I've tried replacing it. More work needed, but we have a solution anyway. However rough it is. 

Edited by Tallman Brad (see edit history)

In what way doesn't it support Ware3's mod?  I might be wrong, but I reckon only the prefab list would, or might, be at odds with KG's "Generate custom POI's list" - and all that don't comply can be edited, or simply removed if you don't like them. No? 

Edit: Just tested my KG-created map which uses a much-edited Vanilla/CP47 poislist, after removing the rgwmixer.xml altogether. The game ran just fine without it, so I have to assume that KingGen's code "poislist.txt" (or whatever name you use) is used by the game in place of the rgwmixer.

I love his map - one of the best I've ever seen, and his prefablist is pretty unique, but does also contain dozens, if not all of the CompoPack prefabs, so it's worth pursuing, and maybe adding them into your own personal prefab list. It's certainly easy enough to cut and move your existing prefabs to a safe spot and then move War3z prefabs in its' place, and then run KG, and generating a poislist..

Edited by paulj_3 (see edit history)

It works Marelis: I just moved my prefabs and mods folders out, put Warz's Prefabs and Mods folders in, but didn't put the rgwmixer in. (don't know if that was necessary or not), and then ran KingGen, generated the poislist, leaving my old map's splat, water, heightmap and biomes files in place in KG, and it created a new map - all good, and the game loaded and ran perfectly. The game did throw a red error on missing the mixer xml, but it didn't seem to make any difference to the game. I'm about five minutes into it, and it's working just fine.  

A19.6_2021-08-31_10-54-29.jpg

War3's mix of ores

A19.6_2021-08-31_10-55-00.jpg

One of my created water map ponds 46 height

A19.6_2021-08-31_10-51-04.jpg

A19.6_2021-08-31_10-52-37.jpg

preview.thumb.png.4520e77ae4d0a5c0de1c86de0a5e5160.png

Thar ya go!  😉

A19.6_2021-08-31_11-09-30.jpg

6 hours ago, MarelisCz said:

Hi,

KingGen is great, but it's a shame it doesn't support the War3zuk mod.

Could you create support for this mod ?

https://7daystodiemods.com/war3zuk-aio-overhaul/

It would be amazing to combine such exceptional tools into one !

Thanks,

ML

The Only thing that would be a "BIT Different, might be the prefab list" and most likely you might have to add OR replace with the War3zuk list to the Vanilla list. 

But, with saying that .. no guarantee that it would work .. Because KingGen has to use it own combo list .. which does have some War3zuk in it, but not all.

Wait for A20 to drop and see how Bad War3zuk will be.

"no guarantee that it would work .. Because KingGen has to use it own combo list"

It works, darn it!  All one has to do is move the existing Prefabs and Mods folders out, save them, and then put Warz's Prefabs and Mods folders in.

That's all. KG will make the pois list according to the prefabs in the folder that you select.

Has anyone experienced this problem when using Custom City Maps?

Grid size sets City/Town/Village = Large/Medium/Large

Works Fine

spacer.png

Any other Grid size such as City/Town/Village = Small/Large/Small

Roads inside of Towns do not connect.  Cities, villages, and inter city/town/village roads are fine.

spacer.png

16 hours ago, paulj_3 said:

"no guarantee that it would work .. Because KingGen has to use it own combo list"

It works, darn it!  All one has to do is move the existing Prefabs and Mods folders out, save them, and then put Warz's Prefabs and Mods folders in.

That's all. KG will make the pois list according to the prefabs in the folder that you select.

I'm just saying .. I'm Not guaranteeing it .. I know it works, if you do the work. Have a good one.

On 8/8/2021 at 6:43 AM, Cpt Krunch said:

2020-03-10_18h55_23.thumb.jpg.2a3d9aff0a338165835b0c44872569d4.jpg2020-03-07_13h35_21.jpg.38cc321d867a133bffe8aacc920b5919.jpg

Is that TerreScuplptor??? Do you have/know of any turorial on how to use it? I use it to genreate pretty previews of the heightmaps I create in gimp, for Nitro/KG. but I' like to learn how to actually use it for it's intended purpose lol. 

15 hours ago, Jugom said:

Is that TerreScuplptor??? Do you have/know of any turorial on how to use it? I use it to genreate pretty previews of the heightmaps I create in gimp, for Nitro/KG. but I' like to learn how to actually use it for it's intended purpose lol. 

Google is your friend.... there are many articles and videos there. Just type "terresculptor tutorial" in the browser's search bar.

5 minutes ago, Alwaysthedms said:

So KG. I love this amazing job! I only have one question. I am noticing cities are either close to or in the desert. In the future, any chance we can choose where they populate without changing the Biomes map? 

If you look in this comment under "Custom cities maps", you will see how to choose where cities, towns, and villages populate without changing the biomes.

I do think there might be some things that need to be worked on though, it only works correctly for me if Grid sizes are set as City=Large, Town=Medium, Village=Large.

I was more talking about the generation of making random maps. Over at least 50 maps I have generated, I tend to find Cities are always near or next to desert biomes; would like if not all cities were more random without making "custom cities map".  If it is not possible that is fine as well. 

Thank you for help anyways :)

Translations
Hello everyone, I have added a localization system to KG that allows it to be displayed in multiple languages. So far I have English and Italian and 2 people have volunteered to provide the Russian and Chinese translation. If any other volunteer would like to provide the translation to other languages, that would be awesome :)

Here is the page with all the information on how to do it:

https://github.com/GabrieleMaurina/KingGen-Langs

15 hours ago, Alwaysthedms said:

I was more talking about the generation of making random maps. Over at least 50 maps I have generated, I tend to find Cities are always near or next to desert biomes; would like if not all cities were more random without making "custom cities map".  If it is not possible that is fine as well. 

Thank you for help anyways :)

Maybe try reducing the size of the Desert Biome to see if that helps. You could send me your biome and cities files and I can edit them for you if you wish.