KingGen - A Random World Generator for 7 Days to Die

KingSlayerGM

If I were to create an custom heightmap for use in KingGen just to create a bare map (no prefabs or traders etc..) would it be stable to use and place/create a custom cities full of prefabs?

*I know this is an old thread but I figured it does involve KingGen...

On 12/26/2023 at 5:07 PM, HB_H4wk said:

If I were to create an custom heightmap for use in KingGen just to create a bare map (no prefabs or traders etc..) would it be stable to use and place/create a custom cities full of prefabs?

I don't really understand the question. I suspect you can use the heightmap. I suspect folks who hangout in the Teragon crowd would know all the options. I'm pretty sure some of them are using custom heightmaps.

this topic should be locked seeing as it isnt maintained and doesnt work with A21 , heck it didnt work with A20....

On 12/27/2023 at 8:07 AM, HB_H4wk said:

if you are going to create a custom height map then use it in Teragon. It is slightly harder to start to learn than kinggen but offers so much more flexability and is being actively developed .

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/3479

On 1/3/2024 at 8:03 AM, spud42 said:

this topic should be locked seeing as it isnt maintained and doesnt work with A21 , heck it didnt work with A20....

if you are going to create a custom height map then use it in Teragon. It is slightly harder to start to learn than kinggen but offers so much more flexability and is being actively developed .

Dont know how many times I will say to how many people. You cannot kill King Gen. I will never understand the hardon people get over trying to close down threads on old tools. The tool does what it does, and the odds that this game is going to change enough before Gold is close to 0.

Edited by Cpt Krunch (see edit history)

23 hours ago, Cpt Krunch said:

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/3479

Dont know how many times I will say to how many people. You cannot kill King Gen. I will never understand the hardon people get over trying to close down threads on old tools. The tool does what it does, and the odds that this game is going to change enough before Gold is close to 0.

DILLIGAF

• 3 weeks later...