A19e Nitrogen - UNSTABLE

Damocles

Oh well I give up. Can't get it to work regardless of size or which prefablist.txt I use.....

If you use the inbuilt std prefab list that Nitrogen comes with and generate a 8k map with the default settings and it generates fine, then what is your issue when you try and use that to play the game..?

How much RAM do you have on your PC....?

EDIT:

Here is a std 8k generated map for you to test, if you wish....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/er05i72qj3ft24h/NitroGenMap.rar?dl=0

Edited by Dibbler (see edit history)

How come this fan-made RWG is astronomically better than the dev's own RWG (which they boast about having spent so much time developing)?

Not only are the generated worlds interesting, stunning and realistic, they are also generated much faster.

My guess: different "engine"/coding language and much more experience than the game devs.

Overall it doesn't seem that the game devs have much experience at all. Just my opinion after "reversing" (reverse engineering with some "friends") the game and lurking this forum for several years.

Ok update so been trying to work out my issues and slowly seems to be coming together. I now can generate and actually enter a 8k and 12k map so now gonna try the 14k one

There are more water nodes in the level now. You could try cutting them out of the XML or gen a map without lakes.

Apart from that, there was no change in the world files in terms of data.

There are more water nodes in the level now. You could try cutting them out of the XML or gen a map without lakes.

Apart from that, there was no change in the world files in terms of data.

Ok why are they adding more water when water is so borked and bugged I got no idea lol. But thank you will try that

Hmm map is going ok, now im workinmg on the poi's and i place 3 cities up single red pixel in the yellow helpers on one of the island and it keeps placing cities on another island not even close to where i placed the markers as the 3 are in one spot ( yes i have the mask and import in correct positions), but it places them inconsistantly? and i have cities set to small and grid to tight just to see how far they bleed off, but it placed 2 cities in roughly the correct spot but the last one Went right oevr the top of a lake on another island, See preview image here 3 badly circled spots 2 have a city in it and the one with out a city, its city is sitting in the middle of a lake that does not have a city marker.

https://i.imgur.com/OCO35hy.jpg

but it generates super fast, 50 seconds 8k map

AM9BwRs.jpg

ECtQx4s.jpg

Still getting roads generating in the ocean this is bad as it cuts through the water making things look well weird to say the least can we possabily have it so that roads are generated through the mask and not generate in areas where there not ment to

I will make an update to the road generation, so it invisible when passing the masked area.

The pathfinding will always try to connect 2 points, but the road following it will then not show up.

(Then you have to also add the mask to the water areas, that should not generate those bridge things.)

I will make an update to the road generation, so it invisible when passing the masked area.

The pathfinding will always try to connect 2 points, but the road following it will then not show up.

(Then you have to also add the mask to the water areas, that should not generate those bridge things.)

That will be very handy for me and probably alot of other map makers then if we want bridges and roads we can always do that manually.

Road generation is really good but defo has room for improvement as still see alot of building without connecting roads in the wilderness but keep up the good work couldnt do what i do with mapping without this tool.

The thing is: Im trying to combine two usecases here: an easy to use automatic generator with options to configure a world, and some (tagged on) custom modding support. And that calls for conflicts.

I will separate the two workflows at one point into the generator, and some map-modding tools.

I Just have to say thank you Damocles for the Great work you'r doing on nitrogen. IT really is Great. I love the New water barrier, rivers and cracks. The large city's and the beutifull maps we can generate.

Much bretter then the inngame map generator. Love from Norway!

The thing is: Im trying to combine two usecases here: an easy to use automatic generator with options to configure a world, and some (tagged on) custom modding support. And that calls for conflicts.

I will separate the two workflows at one point into the generator, and some map-modding tools.

Yeah that much i can see and for that have a great respect for what your accomplishing with this tool i will happily keep giving ideas and bug finding as i continue to use the tool in the future.

cannot wait for a full map editor to come out of this if thats the direction your heading power to place POI and edit the terrain in real time would be very handy as there is nothing out there that can fill that need.

my dream is to generate a base map using a height map be able for the generator to do the heavy work then go in and manualy move or change POIs and add roads signs paths and so on to give a more detailed world for players to explore.

@ Damocles

Good day .. in 0.462 .. Question _ I just made a 10K map checked [Lots for trader] but I only counted 7 showing on the map .. are the traders set to the map size for how many you get ?? Because, When doing a 12K map _ I normally got about 20 traders to a map.

Just wondering if you have changed it up ..

Thank you, Have a good weekend .. the Old Gamer … :02.47-tranquillity:

PS: I like the layout …… 136 sheep ….. Lol

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

Im going to add implementing a 16 bit hightmap.

I can have a look at OBJ. -> But they would have to be really cleanly defined to work. (based on a regular square grid of vertecies)

I cant like implement a polygon hitdetection scanner or some fancy stuff like that.