ROAD_DRAW_B_WIDE -> 3

ROAD_SMOOTH_C_INNER -> 5

ROAD_SMOOTH_C_OUTER -> 18

ROAD_SMOOTH_C_SCAN -> 4

ROAD_DRAW_C_WIDE -> 4

ROAD_HIGHT_ROUGH -> 65

ROAD_HIGHT_TRAIL -> 90

ROAD_SIDE_SMOOTHING_STRENGHT -> 0.3

NitroGen v0.450, a 7 Days To Die World Map Generator by Damocles (2019)

Hit 'GENERATE WORLD' to create a default 8K map.

The world data will be saved to a folder (map name) inside the output folder.

You will have to copy the created world-files folder to your 'GeneratedWorlds' Directory for 7 DaysToDie

It should be somewhat like this: C:\Users\--MyUserName--\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\GeneratedWorlds

Then you can start a new world from within the game (the generated world-name will show up in the selection when starting a new world)

Hint: close the Explorer window of the GeneratedWorlds folder after copying the world over, as A18 likes to throw an access violation when having an active explorer window for the world-files.

v0.450 -added larger wasteland and burned fores biomes

-build for Alpha 18

-new city grid layout

Current working directory: /media/DarkHawk/Games/7DTD Mods/NitroGen_WorldGenerator

(please check if this is valid)

creating output directory: mymap /media/DarkHawk/Games/7DTD Mods/NitroGen_WorldGenerator/output/mymap

output directory created

running generation thread

I just press the GENERATE WORLD once it opens, nothing else. The Output to path looks fine. Java thread CPU 0% RAM 87.6 MB.

I ran the command multiple time, it creates the folder but that's it. I'll try redownloading it and reboot my computer to make sure it's not that. Will report back.

I'm not sure what exactly is going on here but I simply cannot make a map bigger than 8k. I've uninstalled all java versions. Made sure I downloaded the x64 version and installed it. Used the batch file to increase my heap size to 12GB using -Xmx12G. But every time I go to make the map it gets to the 2nd exporting point after having generated the world, gets to about 3.9GB (4.1GB if using the .exe version) and then hits a memory exception.

Pictures here: https://imgur.com/a/nwIHjjq

[EDIT]

NEVERMIND! FIXED IT!!! God damn it took me long enough. Turns out it was the "Picked up _Java_Options: Xmx4G" that was ♥♥♥♥ing with it. Turns out there was for some reason this was added to the System Variables which was overiding any and all increases to RAM that I gave java. If anyone else is noticing they have this too, this link will help fix it:

[/EDIT]

Edited by Flynn (see edit history)

Wonderful ,Damocles

Great work,keep it up.

Edit:

quick question

could be eliminated the radiation of border biome or is it harcoded.

I set it to be very thin now. Its not really needed at all, and could be skipped if the border is water anyhow.

If there is none, it might make some players travel too far and fall of the edge of the world.

Complete terminal:

$ java -Xmx8G -jar nitrogen.jar

creating output directory: mymap /media/DarkHawk/Games/7DTD Mods/NitroGen_WorldGenerator/output/mymap

output directory created

running generation thread

I just press the GENERATE WORLD once it opens, nothing else. The Output to path looks fine. Java thread CPU 0% RAM 87.6 MB.

I ran the command multiple time, it creates the folder but that's it. I'll try redownloading it and reboot my computer to make sure it's not that. Will report back.

Not sure why it hangs, and not create some Exception at least. (try a small 4k map first)

Maybe you try running the biomefixer tool in the tools folder, (with the small example biome) to see if it creates an output png.

It also does loading and saving, but is much simpler. -> To see if your environment itself can run the basic I/O processes needed.

So ive been experimenting on making my island homes map and using some STL models i made and forced them in to png and edited it around, they make really nice islands, but my trouble is the preview of it is fliped and rotated, what causes that? do i have to play around and keep fliping the import_HM in my paint.net till it looks correct?, Also noticed its not making any Snow or desert say like ontop of the mountains i suppose i'll have to use mask? still learning all this never done it before. but if ya'll want to see what i have as import_hmi can show it ( also does the file size matter? 4096x4096 should i shrink it after edit it? as currently the map is making lovely accurate valleys)

So ive been experimenting on making my island homes map and using some STL models i made and forced them in to png and edited it around, they make really nice islands, but my trouble is the preview of it is fliped and rotated, what causes that? do i have to play around and keep fliping the import_HM in my paint.net till it looks correct?, Also noticed its not making any Snow or desert say like ontop of the mountains i suppose i'll have to use mask? still learning all this never done it before. but if ya'll want to see what i have as import_hmi can show it ( also does the file size matter? 4096x4096 should i shrink it after edit it? as currently the map is making lovely accurate valleys)

The hightmap is flipped horizontally. — Due to the game using a flipped coordinate system. (Bottom to top)

So you need to flip bottom/top before importing the map.

Biomes are only applied fully in the generated map. There is however snow on really high mountains (have a look at the example import)

The snow altitude can edited in the config file.

But better it would be to create your own biome map. (So you have full control)

The mask is used to define allowed POI positions and city spawn locations

maui1-test.jpg.a43249759ecdddb6b46d2fad5e4f2dc4.jpg Ahh a high detail test of maui county, the islands arent -exactly- in the correct positions, also increased the size of 3 other islands around maui, i removed everything as to generate just to see what kind of biomes get generated, it seems im lacking things like burnt wastelands forests and deserts, looks like i got the snow though, how to do the biomes, i wouldnt mind forcing the island furthest south to be desert only

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30500[/ATTACH] Ahh a high detail test of maui county, the islands arent -exactly- in the correct positions, also increased the size of 3 other islands around maui, i removed everything as to generate just to see what kind of biomes get generated, it seems im lacking things like burnt wastelands forests and deserts, looks like i got the snow though, how to do the biomes, i wouldnt mind forcing the island furthest south to be desert only

Looks good. And for such a realistic type of map its better anyhow to manually edit the missing biomes, to make it look good.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30501[/ATTACH] So this any good? and where do i place the biome file back in the map directory or do i need to feed it in to the tool and regenerate it? not sure how that works

Always run it through the biome fixer tool, to make sure its format correct. Apart from that just overwrite the old one after you are done with the generation. The POIs dont care for the biome when they get generated.

@damocles

Where do the map files go when running on a home server?

I’d like to get one running today

Never done a server .. But I would think the same as normal. In the roaming file under system name where the 7d2d files go "GeneratedWorlds". But I might be wrong, but it's worth a look

@damocles

Where do the map files go when running on a home server?

I’d like to get one running today

If your running the dedicated server it goes here:

.......\steamcmd\7_days_to_die_server\Data\Worlds

In that folder you will see the other pregenned worlds that are default in the game. Navezgane, PREGEN01-03, etc.

Is there any way of getting traders in the city and upping the number of traders? ....Thanks.

Upper right hand Corner of map maker .. their is a selection _ Traders .. if you want more _ use many or lots .. Lots = about 20+ on a map.

under it is a selection location .. best you can do is _ Near Town .. and that will put them around the cities or town .. but Not in them .. but it is damn close .. for me within a couple of blocks.

With version 0.450 the 4k maps come out without merchants or with 1, very few times I come out 5 or 6 and I put it in the option of many. Thank you

There was a change in the placement procedure, I can check if that affects the traders.

For now, have a look at the preview map to see if there are enough (purple)