A19e Nitrogen - UNSTABLE

Damocles

New version v 0.450

-lager cities possible

-POI placement more adapting to terrain (less squarish cities)

-some updated terrain stamps

-Config.txt: FORCE_POI_FACE_SOUTH = 1 (if set to 0, it will read out the facing values correctly again)

-less potential overlap between desert and snow

Edited by Damocles (see edit history)

It doesn't seem to work under Linux (Debian/Ubuntu based OS) running "java -jar nitrogen.jar"

creating output directory: NitroGenMap /media/DarkHawk/Games/7DTD Mods/NitroGen_WorldGenerator/output/NitroGenMap

output directory created

running generation thread

Stuck there, process at 0% utilization.

RIP - this look awesome and you get an image of your map :)

Hello i am unable to launch i have tried launching with EXE, Java, and Command prompt but the cases of the EXE and Java it opens for around 2 to 3 seconds and then crashes without an error message How ever when i try and launch with command prompt i get an error that says "Error: Unable to access jarfile nitrogen.jar" 70414581_Screenshot(23).jpg.5849410448cddc1ea0e1aa226fb9924f.jpg

Are maps over 8k supported in the game?

when creating a 10k or 12k maps with nitrogen, im unable to use them within 7dtd: im getting cut off mountain walls like, and limited rendering.

using the same parameters but with 8192 x 8192 maps, im not getting any of the above and can play normally.

this is for single player, local files, no "server".

v0.450:

when creating a new world, the program couldn't read/find the input file:

800_ABS_River1_Biome.png , in the Resources directory (there is only 800_ABS_River1.png)

True, its a false import, but not used it in any way. So the generation is otherwise fine.

Thanks for pointing it out.

Hello i am unable to launch i have tried launching with EXE, Java, and Command prompt but the cases of the EXE and Java it opens for around 2 to 3 seconds and then crashes without an error message How ever when i try and launch with command prompt i get an error that says "Error: Unable to access jarfile nitrogen.jar" [ATTACH=CONFIG]30488[/ATTACH]

Make sure to extract the folder in the zip correctly into a directory you have permission to use.

In the command promt it looks like you try running a command inside an "admin" folder. Its should normally be a more like a

..\NitroGen_WorldGenerator\ folder. The jar needs to be in the current working path, and the resources folder must a a subfolder of that.

True, its a false import, but not used it in any way. So the generation is otherwise fine.

Thanks for pointing it out.

Hi Damocles

to fix the problem 800_ABS_River1_Biome.png,

you have to have two images png

you have to have

800_ABS_River1.png

800_ABS_River1_Biome.png

that fixes the problem,

that helped me.

Thanks for amazing tool.

Edit:

map generation failed for me,and by doing this he fixed.

Edited by Gouki (see edit history)

Its not the most recent one, I need to compare it with the prefab changes.

The current version is from the experiment A18.

There are only a few changes however, mostly regarding the y-offset for a few POIs.

----

There are also two more custom town options

custom_town_size_25

custom_town_size_18

and the ability to import the facing value correctly be setting

FORCE_POI_FACE_SOUTH = 0

in the config.txt

(probably interesting for Magoli)

hi Damo

I have tested now the new 0.450

I have set FORCE_POI_FACE_SOUTH = 0 in the config.txt

But I still see some POI's misrotated - I dont know if the error is on my side, because IMO the setting is alright:

Lets take xcostum_bowlingcenter(by_magoli) as example:

This prefab is build with the face pointing up in Pilles editor --> this means the "RotationToFaceNorth"-Command in the prefabs xml is 0 (=North)

I have also set 0 for Rotation in the Nitrogen-prefabslist, but see what happens:

20191110163605_1.jpg.7c0503d2f74a3785ad14c519e6be15e0.jpg

Its difficult to tell, because there is another street on the side, but IMO this POI points away 180degrees from the street.

This happens to a bunch of POI's

Another example:

This prefab is build with the face pointing to the left in Pilles editor --> this means the "RotationToFaceNorth"-Command in the prefabs xml is 3(=west) - I have also set 3 for Rotation in the Nitrogen-prefabslist, but this POI also seems to spawn 180degrees to the street

just to verify we are talking about the same values:

0 = POI-face pointing to NORTH

1 = POI-face pointing to EAST

2 = POI-face pointing to SOUTH

3 = POI-face pointing to WEST

right now iam pretty buffled - did i something wrong ???

At the streetcorner they are randomly rotated to one of the streets, but should not face towards the backyard.

The easiest is to use the scenario "OCD world".

The prefabs all get the same facing-rotation in the when in the same east-west row.

Its also easy to check the y-offset and dimensions then,

When using the map, just swich to godmode and fly south to find them all lined up (I did not place a playerspawn for some reason)

I have to investigate if there are still bugs with rotations,

@ Damocles

Been awhile since playing 7D2D and I normally make a 12288 size map and don't have any issues .. But what I was wondering _what is the Correct sizing for a 10K map.

Thank you and as always .. Have Fun and Enjoy ... the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

10224 is the best value here. But 10000 should also work technically.

Let me add some more sizes into the dropdown.

• SylenThunder changed the title to A19e Nitrogen - a Random World Generator for 7DTD
  • SylenThunder changed the title to A19e Nitrogen - UNSTABLE
  • SylenThunder locked this topic