Magolis Compo Pack by The Compopack

stallionsden
Message added by SylenThunder,

The Compopack's purpose is to showcase a wide range of community created prefabs and make them available as a single download. Compopack has always been free for anyone to download and use in 7 Days to Die, whether playing solo or with friends, on a server, or as part of an overhaul.

When modification/s to pois may be necessary (to fit the theme or scope of an overhaul), we ask that the prefabs are acknowledged as being part of the Compo Pack and not renamed.

Thank you

10 minutes ago, ScubaSteve3465 said:

Amazing. It sucks I have to wait another week but I'm psyched. So happy to see you getting this project finished up for A20. I'm sure you have plenty but if you need any help just let me know. I'll be eagerly awaiting a definite date, thanks for the update your a God among men sir. 

No worries at all.  Alot of work has gone into cp48 there are still some wilderness bugs, invisible cactus and trees that are on ground floor fall under the ground or if they on roof they go down onto the ground floor. Hopefully tfp can fix these.

Will post video of wilderness bug and screenshots in the 2nd o.p under the changelog when I update it.

Can help by reporting any missing textures that be appreciated. 

And enjoy and have fun 

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)

Does anyone know if the builder who made the medieval style taverns and buildings someone suggested managed to get their builds added to this new version of the compo pack?  I know some of those builds were in the one for A19 cause I lived in the tavern. I'd like to hopefully find the tavern again. 

17 minutes ago, Iirlyaccess said:

Does anyone know if the builder who made the medieval style taverns and buildings someone suggested managed to get their builds added to this new version of the compo pack?  I know some of those builds were in the one for A19 cause I lived in the tavern. I'd like to hopefully find the tavern again. 

While I can't say 100% the specific POI you're looking for made it into the pack, many, many Medieval style POIs did make it in. @stallionsden even made a preview video a short while ago highlighting these specific POIs. Take a look, you may see the specific one you're looking for in there.

On 2/17/2022 at 6:04 PM, stallionsden said:

Coming to cp48 - 

• stallionsden changed the title to Magolis Compo Pack (Current Thread) by The Compopack
  • stallionsden changed the title to Magolis Compo Pack by The Compopack
7 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Very nice surprise for the sunday. Just a quick question: Do we need to use the new mod location to get it working? A m8 of mine has VERY limited space on his C drive and it would be good to use the old mod folder in the game folder. 

Glad.

It be good to start using it as it will be moved there eventually down the track.  If using infinity the modlets it produces is very little in size and the prefabs go into the prefab folder. If using the modlets for now you can use the game folder mod location

Damn stallion your the man bro. Was expecting this around wensday ANND you announce infinity which also sounds amazing bud. Cant wait to Gen a new world and try this out, I'll report back later with results. Thanks again for all the had work you and everyone put into this project. 

Does anyone have really bad lags using a compopack map? On the DF Kaptain Krunch 12K map with no compopack i never go under 45-50FPS and that happens only downtown. Usually i have 60FPS stable. That is with zombies.

As soon as i am on a compopack map i have regular drops to 25-30FPS, down to 10-15 FPS in cities. And i don´t even have zombies on. Certain POI´s like the research vessel cause utterly bad stuttering lag.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

1 hour ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Does anyone have really bad lags using a compopack map?

There are some large POIs that are demanding. (I assume lots of triangles and verts.) There are some POIs with lots of glass. There are some POIs with lots of reflective surfaces. When you start to dense-pack those POIs together in cities it compounds those issues. I suspect you're going to want to play around with Infinity and perhaps trim back on some of those POIs.

Question:  I notice each special area or giant POI in the AppData folder has its own rwgmixer.  Should I be seeing anything different in the logs for world generation as far as townships go?  (Like city, town, countrytown etc.)  Or anything different in world generation logs at all?

18 minutes ago, frinetik said:

Question:  I notice each special area or giant POI in the AppData folder has its own rwgmixer.  Should I be seeing anything different in the logs for world generation as far as townships go?  (Like city, town, countrytown etc.)  Or anything different in world generation logs at all?

No the rwgmixer code simply gets added to the vanilla rwgmixer

Thanks so much Stallion and all.   You all deserve sex.  

I didnt install yet but have one question.  Is it easy to remove one town type from spawning?   Say I want everything the pack has except Fabbersville for instance.   How would I do that?  

3 minutes ago, SnowDog1942 said:

Thanks so much Stallion and all.   You all deserve sex.  

I didnt install yet but have one question.  Is it easy to remove one town type from spawning?   Say I want everything the pack has except Fabbersville for instance.   How would I do that?  

Infinity  - select n for fabbersville.

Modlet use the individual modlets and not choose fabbersville or fabbersville poi tile set.

1 hour ago, SnowDog1942 said:

Wow thats awesome…

Infinity looks like it'll be super handy to run between campaigns to customize from categories on down to individual POIs.  Nothing you couldn't do with any file manager but a great straightforward tool that takes like a minute to configure as complicated a prefab set as you want.  A very nice companion to CP48.  EDIT: ...where there are 43 trader POIs alone in the 4GB set.

Edited by frinetik (see edit history)

54 minutes ago, frinetik said:

Infinity looks like it'll be super handy to run between campaigns to customize from categories on down to individual POIs.  Nothing you couldn't do with any file manager but a great straightforward tool that takes like a minute to configure as complicated a prefab set as you want.  A very nice companion to CP48.  EDIT: ...where there are 43 trader POIs alone in the 4GB set.

Yes there is about that many traders  but some are multi traders others are fake traders so that 43 consists of them to

And infinity def what I wanted. A way players coud  fully customisable prefabs only wanted and they didn't have to sort thru poi/s they didn't want etc by loading a game and having to fly around etc.  but give players many options etc to. 

It is in its early stages tho and more to come as well 🙂

So my FPS problems are pretty much gone. After a PC restart. Everything went fine. Until i was at the research vessel by Pille again. 10-15 FPS.  Going to the city afterwards where i had no troubles at all before i went to the vessel, i also have bad lag now. Only in the wilderness with no POI´s it´s normal. As soon as there is POI´s near, it lags badly.

So everything works just fine if i don´t go near the research vessel. That POI messes up my FPS everywhere wich only a restart fixes. At least for me. 

And a quick question using infinity: If i make a map using it, do all the others playing with me need the files i created in my mods and prefab folder? Or is it enough if they have the modlet installed? Same question for the server.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

I get NullReferenceException error during world generation(10k world), clean vanilla install CP48 in Mods folder (in 7D2D folder for user data).

I'm using Linux version

Full error from log:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
  at WorldGenerationEngineFinal.PrefabLoader.LoadPrefabs (System.Boolean _applyMapping, System.Boolean _fixChildblocks, System.Boolean _allowMissingBlocks) [0x00056] in <e6c642b6494d4bd885ef8dd84fa49ebc>:0
  at WorldGenerationEngineFinal.WorldBuilder.PrepPrefabAndRoadGeneration () [0x00000] in <e6c642b6494d4bd885ef8dd84fa49ebc>:0
  at WorldGenerationEngineFinal.WorldBuilder+<Generate>d__72.MoveNext () [0x001d7] in <e6c642b6494d4bd885ef8dd84fa49ebc>:0
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00026] in <6617aa42ebc747f19dd7531c2634ec26>:0

Not sure  what i'm doing wrong .. perchaps it's me using linux :(

EDIT: I can generate vanilla maps without problem so  it seems that base game is ok (I validated it just in case too)

Edited by Ludek
More info (see edit history)

On 4/30/2022 at 9:14 AM, Deverezieaux said:

While I can't say 100% the specific POI you're looking for made it into the pack, many, many Medieval style POIs did make it in. @stallionsden even made a preview video a short while ago highlighting these specific POIs. Take a look, you may see the specific one you're looking for in there.

Thanks, I had a look and the POI at 0:56 is the one I meant.  AWESOME. Thank you for the vid.  Also that dragon POI is SICK 

Edited by Iirlyaccess
changing incorrect time (see edit history)