Magolis Compo Pack by The Compopack

stallionsden
Message added by SylenThunder,

The Compopack's purpose is to showcase a wide range of community created prefabs and make them available as a single download. Compopack has always been free for anyone to download and use in 7 Days to Die, whether playing solo or with friends, on a server, or as part of an overhaul.

When modification/s to pois may be necessary (to fit the theme or scope of an overhaul), we ask that the prefabs are acknowledged as being part of the Compo Pack and not renamed.

Thank you

10 minutes ago, noname835 said:
At the release of compopack 48 we will be in alpha 21 and the buildings will no longer be compatible :-)
No, but without laughing, I've been waiting a long time but it's starting to get long, part of the compopack48?
Your work is wonderful.

Lol we are getting closer.  As mentioned there was a wilderness bug found since a20.1.

It def is a vanilla bug tho. So only tfp can fix. 

It is in testing at the moment but no date as yet. 

Don't think tfp will do that to us prefabbers 2 alphas in a row lol... 

Edging closer tho. 

57 minutes ago, SnowDog1942 said:

Hey Stalion.  Vids look awesome.  One question for you.  Why spawn cities/towns with only Compopack POIs?  Wouldnt it be better with all POIs — More variety seems better?

Im talking normal cities/towns,  not the Asian/Medeival towns, etc, obviously,

Hey ya snowdog.

Fabbersville and megacity are settlements. That only home cp pois. Another part of the cp is the same prefabs that are in mega city and fabbersville that just spawn in vanilla cities and country towns.  

This gives the player a much broader choice to have their maps. They can have just mega city and fabbersville plus the 3 settlements plus cptraders and cp wilderness and have their cities pure vanilla.

Or they can have the whole lot and have everything 5 settlements, Inc mega and fabbersville, cp traders, cp wilderness, and cp pois mixed among vanilla cities as well. 

Plus a whole range of combos. 

If you inc fabbersville and mega city pois in that last part you would be looking at over 1500 pois lol. 

Mega City and fabbersville pretty much were a place people can go also to play thru pure cp. But their world can be how ever they like. 

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)

On 2/22/2022 at 7:00 PM, stallionsden said:

Here is a info video on progress with cp48. As well as 2 new additions coming cp48 - 

Hey @stallionsden looking great; I had a few quick things:

1. you got my handle close enough in the video so no worries!

2. I noticed my bank POI was one block too high in the preview video (you can actually see it in the thumbnail). It spawns okay in vanilla, do I need to change something so my POIs spawn at the correct height in the pack? I don't want them to be an issue.

3. I'm currently working up another POI, a 42x42 hospital (I might bump it up to 60x60). It'll probably take a few weeks to finalize, is there a cutoff for when you want submissions for the pack?

22 minutes ago, Deverezieaux said:

Hey @stallionsden looking great; I had a few quick things:

1. you got my handle close enough in the video so no worries!

2. I noticed my bank POI was one block too high in the preview video (you can actually see it in the thumbnail). It spawns okay in vanilla, do I need to change something so my POIs spawn at the correct height in the pack? I don't want them to be an issue.

3. I'm currently working up another POI, a 42x42 hospital (I might bump it up to 60x60). It'll probably take a few weeks to finalize, is there a cutoff for when you want submissions for the pack?

Hi Deverezieaux

Yes I noticed to filming it and have fixed it. It now spawns level. I would check your copy tho for sure to see if it is the right ground level.

Thank you glad you enjoyed it.  Have cut off prefabs for cp48 tho always taking prefabs still for cp49. If I do get time to get it in I will but at this stage cp48 is closed.  

And in testing phase.  But yes always accepting more pois tho. 

• 2 weeks later...

ok was gonna wait for closer to release to show this final settlement. But decided to showcase it now for you all to see (the cp is still in testing phase) -

I introduce to you ZombieLand a theme park inspired settlement featuring parkour and many other game type pois. (showcase video done by @TehKarmah )

If you absolutely had to guess, and without saying "when it's ready", how much longer do you guestimate it will be before it gets released?  Nobody is going to be upset if you give an estimate and then miss that date.  We know you don't want to disappoint us.  We appreciate all the hard work you and everyone else working on the CP are doing.  We're just looking for the roughest idea of when you think it might be ready.

21 minutes ago, Alan Lau said:

If you absolutely had to guess, and without saying "when it's ready", how much longer do you guestimate it will be before it gets released?  Nobody is going to be upset if you give an estimate and then miss that date.  We know you don't want to disappoint us.  We appreciate all the hard work you and everyone else working on the CP are doing.  We're just looking for the roughest idea of when you think it might be ready.

I seen ya all when tfp give a estimate lol 😆

In all seriousness depend on many factors 

1. When 20.4 drops and if it causes havoc

2. The testing is going great tho.

3. Then got to bundle it up and do that side as well.

4. We are getting closer as in a couple weeks give or take.  But will hope 20.4 drops so I can see any issues rather then release and 20.4 wreaks havoc. 

But will always be when it is ready.

Sigh I think im just going to use the old version of CP on alpha 20 and just lose the new streets and sewers. Playing without the pack is just awful once you had that variety. Can someone let me know how to get it working on a20 for now or provide a link to the most current version that will work with a20. Thanks. 

38 minutes ago, ScubaSteve3465 said:

Sigh I think im just going to use the old version of CP on alpha 20 and just lose the new streets and sewers. Playing without the pack is just awful once you had that variety. Can someone let me know how to get it working on a20 for now or provide a link to the most current version that will work with a20. Thanks. 

Cp48 is getting close not much longer. 

Current version is cp48 which is being worked on. 

Also awaiting 20.4 to drop so I can make sure it don't mess with the pack.