Magolis Compo Pack by The Compopack

stallionsden
Message added by SylenThunder,

The Compopack's purpose is to showcase a wide range of community created prefabs and make them available as a single download. Compopack has always been free for anyone to download and use in 7 Days to Die, whether playing solo or with friends, on a server, or as part of an overhaul.

When modification/s to pois may be necessary (to fit the theme or scope of an overhaul), we ask that the prefabs are acknowledged as being part of the Compo Pack and not renamed.

Thank you

13 minutes ago, stallionsden said:

Argh the evilness of pille lol.

The respawning is deliberate tho in cp49 this will be changed. 

Awesome, I'll wait for 0.49 before I try that one again! (great way to get meat right now if you need it though)

TIA!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have question regarding to map generator and i cant find answers anywhere.

Is it posible to generate map but without duplicated POI's? 

I mean, i really want to generate map where every poi can be generated only one time in map to make world a little more unique, withaut repeated pois around.

Is it posible to do with vanilla generator?

Just now, Debosy said:

Hello,

I have question regarding to map generator and i cant find answers anywhere.

Is it posible to generate map but without duplicated POI's? 

I mean, i really want to generate map where every poi can be generated only one time in map to make world a little more unique, withaut repeated pois around.

Is it posible to do with vanilla generator?

Unfortunately not I would love vanilla to add this option hopefully our wishes are 1 day answered. I would have all cp pois unique.

Possibly when teragon comes for now we may have a external way of doing that but at this stage no.

Just now, stallionsden said:

Unfortunately not I would love vanilla to add this option hopefully our wishes are 1 day answered. I would have all cp pois unique.

Possibly when teragon comes for now we may have a external way of doing that but at this stage no.

Yeah thats one thing that make me sad. When i find 4 same generic buildings in every city. I hope there will be an option to do it.

Are there any forums or websites where people have hand created maps with all the CP48 POIs and made them available for download?  Random gen just doesn't do it for me.  There are a lot of POIs from previous compopacks that never seem to get included when I do random gen.

15 minutes ago, Alan Lau said:

Are there any forums or websites where people have hand created maps with all the CP48 POIs and made them available for download?  Random gen just doesn't do it for me.  There are a lot of POIs from previous compopacks that never seem to get included when I do random gen.

Welcome to join the cp discord and I can help you with map generating. 

Editing the rwgmixer.xml and making the cities and countrytowns spawn more tiles and can increase few, default and max amount of cities and wilderness spawning more wilderness pois helps to

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)

25 minutes ago, SnowDog1942 said:

Stallion, i havent played much yet on this version.  Can I use infinity or does it cause huge lag, i saw some posts on it creating lag do we should i do the manual install?

Hey ya snow dog.

It still depends on your system.  But infinity let's you chose the prefabs you want all or only some. 

For me having the prefabs in the game prefab folder and the modlet part seperate in which infinity does this for you seems to run better then using the cp48 complete modlet. 

But also use the dynamic Resolution mode to auto and fps to what you feel are what I play with. I get a constant 40 to 60 fps thru cities no issues.

2 minutes ago, Deacon of Undead said:

Ok not sure if its just me but I have allot of empty lots and it appears not all of the buildings are loading in based on the empty roadways

are you using any other mods

anything that changes the rwg

any overhauls

Hi Stallionsden

A little late, but I want to thank all the team involved in the creation of this new Compopack 48, I really like the distribution they did for each POI and the big city, something I didn't like was that you don't have zombie spawn around , but I already solved it, thank you all very much and waiting for the new Compopack 49.
Regards

56 minutes ago, Gouki said:

Hi Stallionsden

A little late, but I want to thank all the team involved in the creation of this new Compopack 48, I really like the distribution they did for each POI and the big city, something I didn't like was that you don't have zombie spawn around , but I already solved it, thank you all very much and waiting for the new Compopack 49.
Regards

Glad you are enjoying it. Yes got to add a mod in to fix the no zs in the settlements . 

On 7/13/2022 at 8:35 AM, stallionsden said:

I am hesitant to add it tho tbh as megacity is already a heavy city lol. Butbwikl do one and if ya use it ya use it. Lol 😆 

Did you add it yet? hmmm? lol

Also... If I install the compo pack without infinity in order to make sure I don't lag --- is it easy to remove customer settlements like fabbersville?  I imagine its erasing a section in the rwgmixer.xml?

22 minutes ago, SnowDog1942 said:

Did you add it yet? hmmm? lol

Also... If I install the compo pack without infinity in order to make sure I don't lag --- is it easy to remove customer settlements like fabbersville?  I imagine its erasing a section in the rwgmixer.xml?

No not yet sorry been busy will get it done in next few days sorry.

Yeh remove the mentions of it in the rwgmixers.

11 hours ago, stallionsden said:

No not yet sorry been busy will get it done in next few days sorry.

Yeh remove the mentions of it in the rwgmixers.

Seems like when I replace the rwgmixer file in my config folder with the one from the download the world no longer generates... I click the button and it does nothing.

I didn't put the modinfo.xml file anywhere.. do i need to put that somewhere?

Is the compopack Part1 and Part 2 links only for server owners?  That is the link I am trying to use to prevent lag

Edited by SnowDog1942 (see edit history)

1 hour ago, SnowDog1942 said:

Seems like when I replace the rwgmixer file in my config folder with the one from the download the world no longer generates... I click the button and it does nothing.

I didn't put the modinfo.xml file anywhere.. do i need to put that somewhere?

Is the compopack Part1 and Part 2 links only for server owners?  That is the link I am trying to use to prevent lag

The ModInfo.xmls are important lol. 

Make sure you removed the settlements you don't want properly as well including any tiles that attach to these settlements 

3 hours ago, SnowDog1942 said:

when I replace the rwgmixer file in my config folder with the one from the download the world no longer generates

I'm not sure you're supposed to replace the game's rwgmixer.xml file with that from the CP. The CP's should be in a modlet (or a number of modlets) and contain XSLT that details changes to the game's rwgmixer.xml file that will be applied by whatever features support modlets.

23 minutes ago, SnowDog1942 said:

Lol, where do i put the modinfo.xml?

It should stay were it is within the modlet.

Maybe I'm just crazy and you and Stallion are trying to accomplish something I've not realized, but usually you put folders that contain modlets into your Mods folder. The game should then find the modlet and integrate it with its default settings when the game is launched.

Edited by zztong (see edit history)