Magolis Compo Pack by The Compopack

stallionsden
Message added by SylenThunder,

The Compopack's purpose is to showcase a wide range of community created prefabs and make them available as a single download. Compopack has always been free for anyone to download and use in 7 Days to Die, whether playing solo or with friends, on a server, or as part of an overhaul.

When modification/s to pois may be necessary (to fit the theme or scope of an overhaul), we ask that the prefabs are acknowledged as being part of the Compo Pack and not renamed.

Thank you

21 minutes ago, stallionsden said:

Where are you running infinity from

My download folder.

I downloaded the file. Extracted the file. Edited the pathsetting.txt. Tried to run Infinity V1.4.exe.

I dont see anmything that says the infinity exe has to be in a specific location. 

2 hours ago, YourUndeadFriend said:

My download folder.

I downloaded the file. Extracted the file. Edited the pathsetting.txt. Tried to run Infinity V1.4.exe.

I dont see anmything that says the infinity exe has to be in a specific location. 

Try moving the infinity folder out of your download folder and to your desktop and running it from desktop lol

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)

19 hours ago, stallionsden said:

Try moving the infinity folder out of your download folder and to your desktop and running it from desktop lol

I tried redownloading in case something was corrupted. Put on Desktop. Edited pathsetting.txt. Even tried running as Admin. Still get error.

spacer.png

21 minutes ago, YourUndeadFriend said:

I tried redownloading in case something was corrupted. Put on Desktop. Edited pathsetting.txt. Even tried running as Admin. Still get error.

spacer.png

Have you ran the game from your steam folder or do you run it from the shortcut on desktop

1 hour ago, YourUndeadFriend said:

To start the game I open Steam using the Shortcut on the desktop, then click the "Play" button in my Steam Library.

OK try opening steam the program and clicking play as it puts in the appdata folder files that infinity searches for in order for it to locate the Mids folder in appdata.

However if this is what you meant, I would ask if you have added a  Ids folder Ito the appdata location 

Hey all.
I wanna ask, i know its almost impossible but could someone tell expected performance difference between a vanila gen world and one with compopack installed?
Would CP48 prefabs reduce performance a lot?
I have an older PC,  playing on  mostly low/off,  more or less stable 60 FPS in randomly generated 6k worlds.
I would like to try CP48 cause i played A19 with CP47 on some maps generated by KingGen and i really liked compopack additions, my performance back then was same with it installed but i am not sure how is it now.
Sorry for my bad english and thanks in advance.

Cheers

1 hour ago, Duxily said:

I wanna ask, i know its almost impossible but could someone tell expected performance difference between a vanila gen world and one with compopack installed?

Some of the POIs can be quite brutal if your world puts them next to each other, your game settings are ambitious, and/or depending on your PC. You can make a high performance computer crawl with a few of those combinations. Some spawn a great many Zombies. IIRC, the Infinity installer lets you choose not to install some/all of the heavy POIs. I'm not sure what Stallion chose to be the criteria for that.

The last I looked (A19) the heaviest POI from TFP appeared to be one of the skyscrapers. It had something like 3.5M triangles. There are CP POIs with more than that. I daresay, some with many more.

If you're following the Dev Discussions, there was something about them looking into Glass blocks for A21. Well some of the CP skyscrapers are loaded with glass, and maybe its the blocks that the Devs were concerned about.

So, to sum things up, there are CP POIs that are impressive in their requirements.

2 hours ago, Duxily said:

Hey all.
I have an older PC,  playing on  mostly low/off,  more or less stable 60 FPS in randomly generated 6k worlds.
I would like to try CP48 cause i played A19 with CP47 on some maps generated by KingGen and i really liked compopack additions, my performance back then was same with it installed but i am not sure how is it now.
Sorry for my bad english and thanks in advance.

Cheers

you wont know unless you try and if you use infinity you can personalise your game to your likes and pc abilities also. 
on ultra+ 4k i run the whole cp at 60fps thru cities. I dont have a modern pc it is actually a fair few years old. 1070, i7 tho i do have a whole drive dedicated to 7dtd thru a urgh a nme i think it is called. 

I did run some fps tests tho as i found it weird people were getting less fps when using modlet compared to having the pois in the prefab folder and the modlet part in the mods folder the fps was actually greater by a fair bit so i def recommend either using infinity that does all this process for you after you have gone thru the pack or using the better fps version,

1 hour ago, Duxily said:

I will try using infinity and avoid high demanding POIs.

I suggest using RWG to make an experimental world. Config the experimental world to allow cheats. Start the game. After the 2 pop-up story messages, hit F1 and type "dm" for debug mode. F1 to close the command line. Hit "Q" to enter god mode. Now you can fly around the world. Hit ESC and you can pick the POI Teleporter and jump to a city. Flying around the city will be a good test. You can mess with your graphics settings and see what works and what doesn't. You might find you can handle the heavier POIs at a graphics quality that you like.

Edited by zztong (see edit history)

53 minutes ago, tortrader said:

I watched the videos on Infinity, and how to select which POIs to include into a new map.

Is there away to filter out vanilla POIs and go with just custom ones?

If you are on the cp discord I have a edited vanilla pois folder of only the few vanilla things you require (no pois) you just replace the current vanilla POIs folder In your prefab folder you can download and you will have a cp only world.

Stallion you are an evil, evil human being lol. Playing through this with Darkness Falls and found your thrice damned pool POI. The glass plates were an especially nice touch. Cursing aside, keep up the fantastic work.

1 hour ago, Digdug said:

Stallion you are an evil, evil human being lol. Playing through this with Darkness Falls and found your thrice damned pool POI. The glass plates were an especially nice touch. Cursing aside, keep up the fantastic work.

Thank you 😊 

You talking bout peer Cafe lol. If so you should bring friends lol lots and lots of friends 😁

Meh, peer cafe. I mean it´s really nice, i like the new version and it´s a  really tough one. But Hershels farm is something else. Oh man. What have we done to you? 😛 We only survived because i just made energy cells and paramedic kits right before going there and i didn´t empty my inventory. Did you ever play that POI in DF with a really high gamestage? 

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

41 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Meh, peer cafe. I mean it´s really nice, i like the new version and it´s a  really tough one. But Hershels farm is something else. Oh man. What have we done to you? 😛 We only survived because i just made energy cells and paramedic kits right before going there and i didn´t empty my inventory. Did you ever play that POI in DF with a really high gamestage? 

Haha you like hershells huh.

I don't play df (great overhaul love khaines work. But also know khaines  evilness haha)

Like is a strong word. :D DF definitly spiced things up. We were on day 90 something. It was full of demonics and their fireballs do call in screamers. Wich do summon more Z´s than in vanilla. It was the biggest and craziest fight i ever had. Each of us used around 6K energy cells. 

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

21 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Like is a strong word. :D DF definitly spiced things up. We were on day 90 something. It was full of demonics and their fireballs do call in screamers. Wich do summon more Z´s than in vanilla. It was the biggest and craziest fight i ever had. Each of us used around 6K energy cells. 

And you survived 🤔🤔🤔

Hmmmm me thinks I may have to increase the zombies lol 😆 😂 🤣 

Sorry if this has been addressed already, but I didn't find anything searching the topic.

1st, I love that this has changed the tier 5 POI's, some seem a little unbalanced and others are just so huge that it's tough to find them all, but I'm still loving it except for the last one I did, I don't know the name of the POI but it's the snake house T5 quest, there is nothing but snakes in the house, tons of them. I tried so hard to complete that quest but no matter what I did, the snakes would respawn before I was a 1/3 of the way through the POI, it was just impossible to keep up. I'd take out a room of snakes and by the time I did so, the same room respawned the same snakes.

Is it just a bad POI or maybe something going on with my game? After trying to do it, I have enough meat to last 5 lifetimes, so I'm not sure if I want to try it again.

FYI - Still think the mod is awesome!

15 minutes ago, analog said:

Sorry if this has been addressed already, but I didn't find anything searching the topic.

1st, I love that this has changed the tier 5 POI's, some seem a little unbalanced and others are just so huge that it's tough to find them all, but I'm still loving it except for the last one I did, I don't know the name of the POI but it's the snake house T5 quest, there is nothing but snakes in the house, tons of them. I tried so hard to complete that quest but no matter what I did, the snakes would respawn before I was a 1/3 of the way through the POI, it was just impossible to keep up. I'd take out a room of snakes and by the time I did so, the same room respawned the same snakes.

Is it just a bad POI or maybe something going on with my game? After trying to do it, I have enough meat to last 5 lifetimes, so I'm not sure if I want to try it again.

FYI - Still think the mod is awesome!

Argh the evilness of pille lol.

The respawning is deliberate tho in cp49 this will be changed.