Magolis Compo Pack by The Compopack

stallionsden
Message added by SylenThunder,

The Compopack's purpose is to showcase a wide range of community created prefabs and make them available as a single download. Compopack has always been free for anyone to download and use in 7 Days to Die, whether playing solo or with friends, on a server, or as part of an overhaul.

When modification/s to pois may be necessary (to fit the theme or scope of an overhaul), we ask that the prefabs are acknowledged as being part of the Compo Pack and not renamed.

Thank you

Alright any chance to get in on the test version lol? Me and my son wouldn't mind providing feedback, we both have over 400 hours in 7dtd. If not no big deal though, if the timetable is really close I'll try to stick it out for another 2-3 weeks and hopefully 20.4 will have dropped by then. Really though thanks for the work you put it on this, it really helps the game out a lot.

47 minutes ago, ScubaSteve3465 said:

Alright any chance to get in on the test version lol? Me and my son wouldn't mind providing feedback, we both have over 400 hours in 7dtd. If not no big deal though, if the timetable is really close I'll try to stick it out for another 2-3 weeks and hopefully 20.4 will have dropped by then. Really though thanks for the work you put it on this, it really helps the game out a lot.

Appreciate the offer. When it comes out I will always love more feedback also. 

Not one to release then the 20.4 drops and causes havoc like 20.1 20.2 did. 

Also this is the biggest work to date done on the pack. 

Always welcome to join us on discord as well link is on the first page

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)

13 hours ago, ScubaSteve3465 said:

Sigh I think im just going to use the old version of CP on alpha 20 and just lose the new streets and sewers. Playing without the pack is just awful once you had that variety. Can someone let me know how to get it working on a20 for now or provide a link to the most current version that will work with a20. Thanks. 

I hate to hear you are suffering. -- It would be easier to just play CP47 in using version 19.6 of the game.

Converting CP47 to A20 just using the tools won't be very satisfying as the resulting POIs need a lot of work. You can read the edit history for this message if you want to know all the details.

Stallion's been at this a long while and knows what he's doing. He's not holding up the release for arbitrary reasons.

Edited by zztong (see edit history)

The waiting was killing me also, and recently I converted all the A19 CP47 prefabs to A20. I'm still using the good old Nitrogen world generator. Some of the prefabs are skipped on start of the game, and not spawning because the converter I used not convert 100% of the blocks. But the majority does spawn. In rare occasion the game give a null reference for certain blocks, still not a game breaking issue in multi or single player.

Edited by Rukminesh (see edit history)

On 4/4/2022 at 6:24 AM, Rukminesh said:

The waiting was killing me also, and recently I converted all the A19 CP47 prefabs to A20. I'm still using the good old Nitrogen world generator. Some of the prefabs are skipped on start of the game, and not spawning because the converter I used not convert 100% of the blocks. But the majority does spawn. In rare occasion the game give a null reference for certain blocks, still not a game breaking issue in multi or single player.

EDIT:  Just going to wait on release from stallion. It sounds like he's really close to having it all together and ready anyway. Thanks everyone.

Edited by ScubaSteve3465 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Rukminesh said:

We looking forward to the release. Do you have any news about the upcoming new map generator?

I could be happy with a Nitrogen support if you ewer plan to do that. That map generator still usefull for A20, I can confirm.

I def won't support Nitrogen or kinggen. Kinggen if it gets updated to a20 I will look at then.

But tbh I think teragon is going to be the best outside of the game map generator we have seen and with it using tiles and parts and everything a20.

The vanilla map generator does a great job also doing vanilla and some tweaking can make some great maps to. 

I haven't heard any new news about teragon for a while now. 

Teragon and vanilla is what the cp support in a20 as they work in a20. a19 maps isnt a20. 

I am happy with the vanilla generation as long as there is a way to get more T5 POI´s. It´s annoying that there is so few of them. Especially with CP there needs to be way more T5´s.

Also really hope the DF maps with compopack will have enough of them. I could just play any map with DF as long as i have all the DF specific POI´s, but it would be way more convenient to have the pregenerated maps.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

10 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

I am happy with the vanilla generation as long as there is a way to get more T5 POI´s. It´s annoying that there is so few of them. Especially with CP there needs to be way more T5´s.

Also really hope the DF maps with compopack will have enough of them. I could just play any map with DF as long as i have all the DF specific POI´s, but it would be way more convenient to have the pregenerated maps.

pregen maps you cant gen with cp poi just what is on the pregenerated maps. 

I can gaurantee there are a tonne of t5s and extra tiles inc to allow this as well as you have the poi tile sets all t5s 

On 2/20/2022 at 8:19 AM, stallionsden said:

Lol we are getting closer.  As mentioned there was a wilderness bug found since a20.1.

It def is a vanilla bug tho. So only tfp can fix. 

It is in testing at the moment but no date as yet. 

Don't think tfp will do that to us prefabbers 2 alphas in a row lol... 

Edging closer tho. 

Any idea if this bug was fixed yet? Didn't see anything in update. Just tried to create a random map and got a divide by zero error dealing with an oldwest POI.

2 hours ago, Astralweaver said:

Any idea if this bug was fixed yet? Didn't see anything in update. Just tried to create a random map and got a divide by zero error dealing with an oldwest POI.

hi ya Astralweaver,

It is still there unfortunately.  But won't hold up release.

Looking at around 20.4 stable.

34 minutes ago, tortrader said:

Is there a good way to search for multiplayer servers which host the compo pack, other than if the creator puts it it in the server name itself?

The compopack once cp48 is released will have a server set up running the compopack.  

(Still got tonset that up tho)

Most servers will state it is running the cp also.  On the cp discord we also have a server advertisement channel where servers will post there as well

On 4/20/2022 at 1:02 AM, stallionsden said:

The compopack once cp48 is released will have a server set up running the compopack.  

(Still got tonset that up tho)

Most servers will state it is running the cp also.  On the cp discord we also have a server advertisement channel where servers will post there as well

Hey Stalion.  With A20 — If I start a peer to peer multiplayer game as the host, do the peers need to install the compopack, either to get prefabs or the low poly dIstant versions?  

56 minutes ago, SnowDog1942 said:

Hey Stalion.  With A20 — If I start a peer to peer multiplayer game as the host, do the peers need to install the compopack, either to get prefabs or the low poly dIstant versions?  

Hey hey snow

Yes prefabs have always needed to be in the client side prefab folder.

In a20 if you don't have the  prefabs in client side and on server side the keyracks won't work as well as all the other issues that were present prior. 

1 hour ago, v1712 said:

Do i get it right: 1. cp47 does not support A20. 2. cp48 is planned to support A20 and it's expected realise date is after 20.4?

I just want to check if i missed something. Tnx for updating me in advance.

That's the facts as I understand them.

CP47 was released for A19. If you try to use CP47 with A20 you will find it is not playable. POIs often need conversion to go between major game versions because blocks come and go. A20 included a massive number of block changes. If you open an A19 POI in the A20 Prefab editor you'll see a wall of blue "Unknown Block" squares. If you make an A20 map with A19 POIs, you'll get a giant pile of "no-good." Thus, if you make an A20 make with CP47, you get a giant pile of "no-good."

Edited by zztong (see edit history)

Unfortunately the prefab converter tool doesn't fix every block (unless there's something I don't know), there are certain blocks/props that were entirely changed and still show up as the super fun mystery blocks which show through all other blocks. Very helpful for editing, but very distracting in game. These then need to be corrected manually in each POI. Just a few examples, when I updated my A19 POIs I recall microwaves, stoves, and fence parts needing to be manually replaced.

10 hours ago, v1712 said:

Do i get it right: 1. cp47 does not support A20. 2. cp48 is planned to support A20 and it's expected realise date is after 20.4?

I just want to check if i missed something. Tnx for updating me in advance.

Hi v1712

Yes as zztong mentioned cp47 causes errors and lots a blue boxes and alot of work.

I am actively working on the cp and cp48 is pencilled for around a20.4 stable. 20.1, 20.2 and 20.3 had some vanilla bugs.  A couple quick tests in 20.4 stable then fix any issue found (hopefully none) then I package it up and release.

So just a lil longer. 

Thanks for updating.

May i suggest dividing pack into 3 or 5 parts? I huge pack will take a lot of effort (and time) to refactor. While smaller packs are suitable for separate realises each taking less effort.

• stallionsden changed the title to Magolis Compo Pack by The Compopack