Magolis Compo Pack by The Compopack

stallionsden
Message added by SylenThunder,

The Compopack's purpose is to showcase a wide range of community created prefabs and make them available as a single download. Compopack has always been free for anyone to download and use in 7 Days to Die, whether playing solo or with friends, on a server, or as part of an overhaul.

When modification/s to pois may be necessary (to fit the theme or scope of an overhaul), we ask that the prefabs are acknowledged as being part of the Compo Pack and not renamed.

Thank you

1 hour ago, Beelzebub7905 said:

is there a compopacl for kinggen anymore? if so can someone give me the download link for it please.

Kinggen isn't supported sorry. 

1 hour ago, Deverezieaux said:

Quick question gang, I may just be getting bad random gen, but I haven't been able to get the University or Government Skyscraper to spawn in a map, just wanted to check if anyone else has? I made sure they were installed with the pack. I'm being selfish about my own POIs, I just want to know people can actually play them. 😁

Yeh it does def spawn.  Rwg gods being mean

43 minutes ago, SnowDog1942 said:

Do the prefabs that are in the fabbersville town also spawn in regular cities/towns or do i need to install fabbersville to see them?

Fabbers pois and mega pois only spawn in their prospective settlements. The cp48pois tho spawn in general cities and towns etc 

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)

That blows my mind.   

14 minutes ago, stallionsden said:

Favbers pois and mega pois only spawn in their prospective settlements. The cp48pois tho spawn in general cities and towns etc 

Is there anyway I can arrange it so the fabbers and mega pois spawn in the normal cities.. so i wouldn't need fabbers and mega city to get to see those POI'S?

I'd rather them all mixed in together.   I don't even know if this is making sense .... lol

Just now, Grandpa_AJ said:

Is there a quick and easy way to make the POIs non-biome specific?  I want to use multi-traders, but we dont like the Wasteland biome?

Atm you can't place a poi in a certain biome only.  So they will spawn in a random biome.

10 minutes ago, SnowDog1942 said:

That blows my mind.   

Is there anyway I can arrange it so the fabbers and mega pois spawn in the normal cities.. so i wouldn't need fabbers and mega city to get to see those POI'S?

I'd rather them all mixed in together.   I don't even know if this is making sense .... lol

Fabbers and mega pois are exactly the same as the cp48 prefabs 

I am trying to get megacity, zombieland, asia and mediveal town spawned in DF. So far i couldn´t get them to spawn. Is there any way to do that?

I propably need to put them in the DF Prefab folder i guess? Or would i need the rwg mixer aswell?

Really wanna play a DF with all the special things from CP. Don´t care about the DF specific POI´s, done the questline thrice already, so i don´t really need them. I know there will be CP maps coming for DF but as i understand they won´t have all the POI´s.

@SnowDog1942 You wouldn´t miss out on any POI at all. They just exist in a different file version for fabbersville and megacity. Everything that can spawn in fabbersville and megacity, can spawn without them also.

Megacity is huge though. You definitly miss having a really big city. Normal cities don´t get that big.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

13 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

I am trying to get megacity, zombieland, asia and mediveal town spawned in DF. So far i couldn´t get them to spawn. Is there any way to do that?

I propably need to put them in the DF Prefab folder i guess? Or would i need the rwg mixer aswell?

Really wanna play a DF with all the special things from CP. Don´t care about the DF specific POI´s, done the questline thrice already, so i don´t really need them. I know there will be CP maps coming for DF but as i understand they won´t have all the POI´s.

@SnowDog1942 You wouldn´t miss out on any POI at all. They just exist in a different file version for fabbersville and megacity. Everything that can spawn in fabbersville and megacity, can spawn without them also.

Megacity is huge though. You definitly miss having a really big city. Normal cities don´t get that big.

We dont help with overhauls sorry. 

That is something on your end you will have to play with however df comes with its own rwgmixer i would start there but it is all on you and not the df team if something goes screw iffy.

Just now, SnowDog1942 said:

One last dumb question.   

I don't see anything about installing the rwgmix.xml or biomes.xml file that came with the compopack files.  Do I need to do that seperately?

if using the modlets you just drop the modlet/s you want to use in the appdata/roaming/7dtd/mods folder

Well, i don´t think i can figure this out on my own, absolutly no experience in modding. Would it be ok to ask members in the CP discord for help though?

And ofc i am aware that any problems are on my own if messing around with mods. Not gonna blame you or khaine for anything i mess up.

Always been a fan of this pack, I finally tried it out with A20 - Love the easy install with the modlets and the POI's in the pack itself is just awesome, I had to run around a city twice until I figured out the trader base was underground :)

Just want to say, thanks for the hard work!

5 hours ago, analog said:

Always been a fan of this pack, I finally tried it out with A20 - Love the easy install with the modlets and the POI's in the pack itself is just awesome, I had to run around a city twice until I figured out the trader base was underground :)

Just want to say, thanks for the hard work!

Glad you enjoying it and glad it was simple to install 🙂 have fun 🙂

OMFG!... Its here Its finally here, I never gave up hope and I waited patiently for all the months it has been, not bothering the CompoPack team with unnecessary questions or prattling on and on about "when? when? when?" and now like a child sitting before the Christmas tree waiting for Dad to hand me my first gift, my finger quivers, shakes and twitches as it hovers above my left mouse button... the button that will eventually CLICK DOWN upon the godly and almighty DOWNLOAD link....... ...... "CLICK"... it is done. My heart flutters in anticipation and my palms grow clammy with sweat as the progress bar of the download shoots across the screen... to finally come to rest as a full green bar, complete, finished... it almost sings as if a choir of angels hover far above myself and my PC. This feeling inside, like a birthday-choocolate-christmas-@%$# all wrapped into one... I'm giddy with excitement and at the same time scared of what awaits me within the CompoPack48...

ThankYouThankYouThankYou to everyone involved in the production of this newest CP.

I finally had a chance to spend some serious time with CP 48.

I'm still hoping to see if I can find my favourite prefab NEPA in a city, haven't seen it yet.

The amount of work you had to have done with all this is mind-blowing.

A few times I've been gawking at all the new stuff and I find myself getting swarmed by the Z's.

A truly magnificent mod!

All hail stallionsden!

Thank you!

😎

16 minutes ago, RoPa said:

I finally had a chance to spend some serious time with CP 48.

I'm still hoping to see if I can find my favourite prefab NEPA in a city, haven't seen it yet.

The amount of work you had to have done with all this is mind-blowing.

A few times I've been gawking at all the new stuff and I find myself getting swarmed by the Z's.

A truly magnificent mod!

All hail stallionsden!

Thank you!

😎

Argh nepa is a wilderness poi sorry. But hopefully you will enjoy the upgrade it has had done.

And thank you glad you can get to enjoy some time to play.  Prefabbers have made some brilliant and amazing pois that add lots of enjoyment to the game 🙂

Gentleman.  When 2 people are playing with the compopack (not using dedicated server) -- is it okay if both installed it Differently.   Like, can use the infinity installer as the host and for the client.. can he just copy the compopack POIS into the prefab folder?  I notciced infinity installs it differently, which is why im asking.

2 minutes ago, SnowDog1942 said:

Gentleman.  When 2 people are playing with the compopack (not using dedicated server) -- is it okay if both installed it Differently.   Like, can use the infinity installer as the host and for the client.. can he just copy the compopack POIS into the prefab folder?  I notciced infinity installs it differently, which is why im asking.

Infinity installs prefabs to prefab folder. And then modlets needed to the mods folder yes. Here one puts in a zip the prefabs only and sends them to friend/s. They can also upload to the server just the prefabs and map generated. 

Apart from generating a map only the prefabs are needed for playing.

9 minutes ago, stallionsden said:

Infinity installs prefabs to prefab folder. And then modlets needed to the mods folder yes. Here one puts in a zip the prefabs only and sends them to friend/s. They can also upload to the server just the prefabs and map generated. 

Apart from generating a map only the prefabs are needed for playing.

Perfect.. i'll just have him put the files in the prefab folder, since I am doing the map generation.   

You guys that made this pack are gods amongst men... seriously.  Great job.

23 hours ago, stallionsden said:

Argh nepa is a wilderness poi sorry. But hopefully you will enjoy the upgrade it has had done.

And thank you glad you can get to enjoy some time to play.  Prefabbers have made some brilliant and amazing pois that add lots of enjoyment to the game 🙂

Ah, no wonder I couldn't find it in a city! lol

Thanks to all prefabbers who shared their work with us.

Am currently chasing a Linux bug atm. Once it is tracked down should have 48.1 out.

48.1 will fix:

the Linux bug

The name to long bug 

Some quest rally markers that went M.I.A

And other small fixes. 

Unfortunately all previous 48 version will need to be removed from mods folder and prefab folder a new world generated as well. Due to the mod folder location and windows character limit some names went past it.

Also alot of tests were done and using the mods folder with the prefab folder in it causes alot of lag.  However using infinity the fps is much improved. 

48.1 I will be removing the modlets as they are. For those that want to use the modlet version, I can do something similar tho it require work on your end. The modlet in the mods folder and you will have to manually place the prefabs in the prefab folder.

Infinity is far easier and less time consuming tho. 

Let me know your thoughts.

This means everyone playing on a server needs infinity or downloading and adding the prefabs used on the server, right? Very bad for people who play different maps. We would have to constantly switch around. Don´t see why you would remove options. Just keep the modlet and infinity maybe?  No harm done to anyone.

I see no difference in FPS at all between infinity and modlet. On our server we do use a map with the modlet. No FPS problems at all. Same FPS as without CP.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

9 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

This means everyone playing on a server needs infinity or adding the prefabs used on the server. Very bad for people who play different maps. We would have to constantly switch around. Don´t see why you would remove options. Just keep the modlet and infinity maybe?  No harm done to anyone.

I see no difference in FPS at all between infinity and modlet. On our server we do use a map with the modlet. No FPS problems at all. Same as in vanilla.

Infinity is just for the server host or sp then they can zip up the prefabs in prefab folder and sendnto players and also copy prefabs to server. 

But like I said I can do another form of modlet where the modlet containing the rwgmixer goes into the mods folder and the user places the prefabs into the prefab folder manually. 

With modlet

mega city  3 to 15 fps

Fabbersville 14 to 22 fps

With using infinity putting modlet in mods folder and prefabs in prefab folder - 

Mega city  34 - 60 fps

Fabbersville 27 - 40 fps