I am seriously terrified of them zombie bears

ElCabong

I had a mission in the bear den. So I went around a little different than I normally did and finally confronted the bears. Pulled out my Marksman rifle, with an 8X scope, had a bead on that bear right between his eyes and let him have it. I was going to one shot that mangy varmint.

All I did was piss it off.

I'm not going to give any spoilers but if you know what to do, you can deal with them.

I thought I was going to run out of ammo.

I luckily heard them before going into that huge room. I must have made enough noise to agro them early. 

Another playthrough I just poled up to that room right there from the front of the building, knocked out one of the windows & killed them from there. 

They were stuck on something long enough for me to kill them.

I'm curious how many poor souls have ventured into there, not knowing what they were getting into?

I introduced a friend to 7 Days quite some time ago; literally a few dozen feet from our spawn point there was a bear. I told him to be quiet and just move the other way. I hear a power-punch attack sound from him and look at his screen and see his fist going into the bear's butt. "oh @%$#! no! OW OW *dead*". His excuse was he figured it would be a level 1 bear. Never let him live that down, but he always feared the bears ever since lol. Just reminded me of that story.

Some might find that POI to be a tad unbearable.

I'll usually aggro them downstairs and hit them with a pipe bomb or grenade when they're trying to climb outside. Even if it doesn't kill them they'll usually ragdoll long enough to finish them off with a potshot or two. 

Yeah bears in this game are the most difficult non-horde enemies, even regular ones are terrifying. I wish Testosterone wasn't so useless so there was a bit more reason to actually hunt them. (Steroid crafting is only available via the perk and you find a ton anyway, and it sells for nothing and crafts into nothing else)

You need to use terrain to remain out of their reach...particularly if you play on higher difficulty levels. Even then, it takes so long that there's a good chance they may warp through a gap you're using to hit them, in which case if you don't have another pinch-point to back up to, you're screwed.

In my last playthrough I had a blue auto shotgun with mods, and maxed out shotgun skill and I'd still never just walk up to one to kill it. If you crit, all is well, but have a plan if you start getting hit.

-Morloc

On 9/10/2020 at 10:17 PM, Jugginator said:

I introduced a friend to 7 Days quite some time ago; literally a few dozen feet from our spawn point there was a bear. I told him to be quiet and just move the other way. I hear a power-punch attack sound from him and look at his screen and see his fist going into the bear's butt. "oh @%$#! no! OW OW *dead*". His excuse was he figured it would be a level 1 bear. Never let him live that down, but he always feared the bears ever since lol. Just reminded me of that story.

This reminds me of a similar experience I had with a friend who just started playing in A19. We spawned and there was a bear extremely close to us. He got aggro within 15 seconds while running and punching grass and looking at the ground. It ended up with us dug down into a small hole on a ridge with the bear stuck over the top of us at a weird angle while we punched it in the butt for at least a solid 5 minutes straight to kill it.

bears used to have  800   hp  same as cop  less than most irradiated zombies  a19  buffed them to  1600/2k so they can be tricky early ... and its no longer advisablůe to kill them with fireaxe  mid-late (like in a18)

scary in stone age ?  maybe

good change ?  definitely 800  hp was pathetic for something as big as bear

On 9/12/2020 at 10:00 PM, Morloc said:

You need to use terrain to remain out of their reach

-Morloc

not rly sniper rifle ak smg .. or even pistol can kill them before they reach you in open field

not to mention broken desert vulture  that kills bear in less than  10 bullets  to body

Last night I punched a zombie bear in the face! And he punched me. And I punched again.

The plan was using the shotgun, but I kinda miss and nobody has time to reload!

Thankfuly it didn't hurt me badly, because was horde day!

And I knew that the bear place was bad business. I never went so far. (That being said, names can be tricky, I went to Munch Carpetz, but I didn't found anything really interesting).

Archived