B169 Removes all Perk Levels, GS, and Level

JCL

Just did the update, and come to find that all my perks are zeroed out except for the category headings, which are Level 1.

Additionally my Game Stage and Level are now back to Level 1 (I was Level 25 with 1073 kills).

I understand the risks of using 'experimental' but never had a game completely trashed before with all the B18 and the prior B19 updates.  And one can't roll back sadly.

Oh well.

Yeah, might be best to wait until a stable release. I do not feel like grinding endless stone items again. I do not care that they are there, I do care that they are the only thing that drops until you hit a certain GS. Makes play thru's repetitive and boring imo. 

2 hours ago, JCL said:

I understand the risks of using 'experimental' but never had a game completely trashed before with all the B18 and the prior B19 updates.  And one can't roll back sadly.

I obviously can't gainsay your claim to have never experienced the need to start a new save as experimental releases come out. Good for you, you were lucky!

However I can say with absolute certainty that previous experimental builds have required new saves. Not every build will be incompatible with the previous, but none of the experimentals (I've been here for A17-A19 on the PC side) made it all the way through from the first build to the last before going stable without trashing saves. It is absolutely one of the risks of the experimental releases that any game save might be ruined when a new build is released. They will not, in fact, work bug reports if you do not start a fresh save for the build you're reporting against. There are just too many moving parts to try to chase down issues if you're playing a b163 world in b169.

Strongly recommend just starting a new save with each build or, at the least, don't really get too attached to any particular save while playing experimental. Being an alpha game is bad enough - playing the experimental builds is living on the edge. Be ready for it.

Thank you Colony Founder:

I guess I and my co-op player were indeed lucky.  I must agree, I did get attached to this particular run.  Haha.

I'll start a new run, now.

Thanks again.

16 minutes ago, JCL said:

Thank you Colony Founder:

Please, we're all friends here! No need to use titles. 😄 (My user name is Boidster)

16 minutes ago, JCL said:

I guess I and my co-op player were indeed lucky.  I must agree, I did get attached to this particular run.  Haha.

Oh, I do understand. I was looking forward today to finally looting the local Shotgun Messiah! I was playing a b153 world (from the first A19 exp. build), so I guess I was kinda lucky that it survived for a couple of weeks.

In my new world, I broke my leg and got infected by 11AM. Not a good start...

A restart is recommended for every new build until we get to stable.  However, if you absolutely must continue here is a mod I threw together that adds admin XP items to the game so you can level up people back to where they were. For yourself you can just use the "giveselfxp" command.

37 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

A restart is recommended for every new build until we get to stable.  However, if you absolutely must continue here is a mod I threw together that adds admin XP items to the game so you can level up people back to where they were. For yourself you can just use the "giveselfxp" command.

Agreed Laz, I have no problem with a wipe. The problem is the next run thru is going to be exactly the same as the last one with the static loot tables now. No joy from finding that shotgun or AK on day 1. No silencer for the pistol in the 1st week. This looks like the boring update. 17 was the skill rework. Just add the bandits and call it a day please. 

1 hour ago, Ornias said:

Agreed Laz, I have no problem with a wipe. The problem is the next run thru is going to be exactly the same as the last one with the static loot tables now. No joy from finding that shotgun or AK on day 1. No silencer for the pistol in the 1st week. This looks like the boring update. 17 was the skill rework. Just add the bandits and call it a day please. 

Yeah thats what I dislike about a19 the most, the loot is too static and linear now, if they made quality 4-6 stuff super rare like it was in a18 again it would help, as its pretty stupid that every chest you open past x game stage has nothing but quality 6 items. I don't mind the primitive->iron->steel tiering part, but the guarnteed qual 4-6 items midway thru that tier has got to go back to how it was in a18, where no matter what GS you were, you had a low chance of finding anything above quality 3. My biggest issue with A17, was also the fact that every game was pretty much the exact same, they fixed that in a18, then screwed it up AGAIN in a19 with the new linear loot system. It not just breaks the char progression a bit, it also screws the economy, tier 6 scrap armor with 1 mod in it vendors for almost 900-1000 dukes without anything in barter perks, and once your at GS 30 or so, your going to get that almost every chest you open, compeltly destroying any sense of economy the game had as its now stupidly easy to make dukes. I was able to afford a motorbike by day 7 with 0 points in better barter due to the new system, before in a18 this would usually take till day 12-14+, assuming said trader was selling one, thats up to rng.

I am also questioning their decision about nerfing shotguns, they are supposed to be close range boomsticks, that hit like trucks but have a short range. They felt perfect in a18, and a19 as well before b169. Haven't played with them yet in b169, but if I know TFP, they tend to overnerf things to the point they make it worthless. I'll have to start a new game since its a new build, YAY 30 mins to generate a world.... How the frig is the offical RWG so damn SLOW compared to say nitrogen? They need to hire that guy I think to code their rwg engine cuz the current one is crap due to how slow it is.

8 hours ago, JCrook1028 said:

You still have a chance of finding stuff D1 ya know..... it's just a much lower chance. Feel free to cry it's the end of the world to go a week w/o a gun tho. There's a few people around that share your view.

"Much lower chance"? It's been established that loot is tied to gamestage, it is indeed impossible to find "great" stuff early game. Both sides of the debate (i.e "I hate it" and "I'm loving it") have agreed on that

5 hours ago, Raestloz said:

"Much lower chance"? It's been established that loot is tied to gamestage, it is indeed impossible to find "great" stuff early game. Both sides of the debate (i.e "I hate it" and "I'm loving it") have agreed on that

That depends on exactly what is meant by "great" stuff. You can definitely find items that don't fit your gamestage, a double barrel shotgun on day one for instance. The quality levels though will be just as bad as the stone stuff you are finding, or more likely even worse. Sure you won't find a high quality pump or auto shotgun, but just finding a double barrel shotgun early can be huge. Hell I just murdered 293 zombies on the 21 day horde using primarily a double barrel shotgun, 123 shells and 55 blunderbuss ammo used.

I haven't had it happen in the build that released yesterday but it was happening in the previous builds of A19 for sure. Because I have been playing Strength, of course I find things like tactical assault rifles and magnums. I watched a streamer find a double barreled shotgun on day.

You can still find items that don't quite fit your GS but it's been vastly toned down. You can't find a level 4 AK on day 1 or an Auger. It is physically impossible. Finding a level 1-2 DB shotgun on d1 is still possible but absurdly rare, but you won't find anything vastly out of place.

Loot quality is all over the place. I took two ranks of Lucky Looter and I have a purple scrap chestplate and purple/blue primitive tools... guns very hard to find, but ammo is everywhere (150% loot). I'm almost at the point where I will buy a gun, which would be a first.

Archived