A19 Pre-Experimental Testing Combo Breakers

Xeen

Does this include Linux builds? I could probably provide some testing with that. If not then nevermind and good luck with finding bugs.

Since I have been playing in this EA all experimental releases always were available for linux from day 1. So I wager a guess that even the pre-experimental includes linux builds.

I also guess there is a good chance they might miss noticing your questions until it is too late, so it might be a good idea to edit your post and add your data on the very likely chance that a linux build is included.

Survivors, Avoiders, and Maniacs!

Since a lot of people are sitting at home and are looking to kill some time, we would like to offer you guys a chance to bite A19's bugs before they even arrive on EXP.

You will need to be able to communicate in english. Broken, fluid, native speaker, avid learner, as long as you can describe an issue, you are fine, fear not.

Builds are coming regularly, having to start up to over several times a day should not be an issue, if you are interested.

For communication we will provide a discord server where you can report bugs, talk to other people and maybe catch some of the QA team by chance.

Here is what we would need from you:

Steam name:

Hours played:

Started on Alpha:

Discord name:

Native language:

Hours played and community involvement will be big factors counting towards an invite.

Can I suggest something even though I won't be participating?

I know having lots of experience with the game play will be helpful but you might want to mix in a couple of newbies just for balance. Who else would try weird things that would most likely break something than someone who has minimum knowledge of how everything works. Not saying someone fresh off the boat but someone who plays enough to get past first horde or 2 but doesn't get to near endgame by day 5. Fresh eyes and all that good stuff.

Survivors, Avoiders, and Maniacs!

Since a lot of people are sitting at home and are looking to kill some time, we would like to offer you guys a chance to bite A19's bugs before they even arrive on EXP.

You will need to be able to communicate in english. Broken, fluid, native speaker, avid learner, as long as you can describe an issue, you are fine, fear not.

Builds are coming regularly, having to start up to over several times a day should not be an issue, if you are interested.

For communication we will provide a discord server where you can report bugs, talk to other people and maybe catch some of the QA team by chance.

Here is what we would need from you:

Steam name: raptorboy30

Hours played: 109

Started on Alpha: 16

Discord name: lightingfish123

Native language: english

Hours played and community involvement will be big factors counting towards an invite.

do i have to report bugs or talk on discord to test? or can i just try it?

Can I suggest something even though I won't be participating?

I know having lots of experience with the game play will be helpful but you might want to mix in a couple of newbies just for balance. Who else would try weird things that would most likely break something than someone who has minimum knowledge of how everything works. Not saying someone fresh off the boat but someone who plays enough to get past first horde or 2 but doesn't get to near endgame by day 5. Fresh eyes and all that good stuff.

Because that usually is not how testing goes. Testers arent asked for balance feedback and game direction advice, it clutters real test results and provides distracting conversation. testers are usually the cog in the machine. We act and we report, at least thats what we do on RH.

Besides with new players you run the risk of the inevitable complaints about wipes. Even when they say they understand they usually do not. But ultimately that call is up to them. Maybe they DO want balance feedback although i suspect not.

Because that usually is not how testing goes. Testers arent asked for balance feedback and game direction advice, it clutters real test results and provides distracting conversation. testers are usually the cog in the machine. We act and we report, at least thats what we do on RH.

Besides with new players you run the risk of the inevitable complaints about wipes. Even when they say they understand they usually do not. But ultimately that call is up to them. Maybe they DO want balance feedback although i suspect not.

I had a rather large post defending my point and of course the forum ate it before I could post so I am not writing all that out again but here is a watered down version.

They are not looking for testers. They don't mention it.

I never said new players I meant newer players. Not only elite players with thousands upon thousands of hours. Look at how many bugs are reported after experimental are releases and not all are by experienced players with multi-thousand hours of game play.

Elite players know how to play the game "correctly". Newer players have to experiment which could stumble upon something you would not find playing the real way.

They are going to have a discord for it so it won't affect the official reporting route they have in place. Complaints about wipes can be dealt with by just dropping the offender from discord.

All in all though I would imagine that they are looking for players who have the high hour counts in the game and in the forum for security. After all they will be giving them access to A19 which I am sure they don't want leaked. This will be tricky no matter who they pick.

So that is a taste of what I was trying to get across. As you said the call is ultimately up to them. Always was.

So they want bug testers before it goes to experimental bug testing? I would recommend that all PVP players apply for this and hopefully who ever is in charge with handing down the a19 keys wont be biased towards PVP players as we have all seen in the past on this forum majority of the time that has been the case. I give a shout out to any PVP player who plays this game to apply and report any pvp bug you can. GL

What about hiring some actual testers instead of asking the community to do the job for you? Just sayin

We have an entire team of internal testers. Once a build reaches a certain point, it's helpful to have more taking a loot at things. You get more variety, and can test on a larger number of systems.

If you don't want to participate, that's just fine.

What about hiring some actual testers instead of asking the community to do the job for you? Just sayin

This is actually a pretty accepted manner of testing. The problem with in house testing is its limited. Its limited by the types of computers available, static test cases, and the nature of each gamer. Lets say you hire 6 software testers... in general, you're testing one type of hardware (or maybe 2-3 at most), your locked into a finite number of scenarios to regress.... and each one will play the game in a different way.

When you ask the community to test, lets say you let in 1000 testers. You get 1000 different hardware configurations, 1000 different ways of doing things... its far more likely you're going to find the major problems.

There are reasons for both types of testing.

This is actually a pretty accepted manner of testing. The problem with in house testing is its limited. Its limited by the types of computers available, static test cases, and the nature of each gamer. Lets say you hire 6 software testers... in general, you're testing one type of hardware (or maybe 2-3 at most), your locked into a finite number of scenarios to regress.... and each one will play the game in a different way.

When you ask the community to test, lets say you let in 1000 testers. You get 1000 different hardware configurations, 1000 different ways of doing things... its far more likely you're going to find the major problems.

There are reasons for both types of testing.

I think this is what they may have had in mind when they started putting out experimental version. It gets it out to hundreds or thousands of different types of players with different types of hardware configurations. Such a broad spectrum could only help them in their hunt for bugs.

One thing they never ask from members of the community Is how to conduct their business. They keep that job for themselves which is why they are so successful. Your application is denied. Just sayin.

One thing they never ask from members of the community Is how to conduct their business. They keep that job for themselves which is why they are so successful. Your application is denied. Just sayin.

What about those of us who don't give a rat's ring gear about the way they run their business as long as they keep up the good work? "waves application"

What about you put your own game out then you can run it how you wish.

I have news for you, "professional testers" can miss things too. They often focus heavily on the data and the application but players can be great at stumbling into major exploits that testers do not think of. Some of the biggest bugs from my own mod were caught by players just doing normal stuff (to them) that no one else would think of.

For years a lot of people have been asking for true experimental, for a chance to help pitch in in some way to the game we have loved for a long time. There is no DLC etc for us to show our support so for me, if chosen, I am just happy to be able to offer some man hours back to them. How can anyone see this as a negative?

Hours played: 10k+ using 15-16 accounts (Has been banned a lot due to spawnkill, provoking and other rude things on pvp servers).

Sorry for off-topic, but I couldn't help it. This, right here is pretty damn hilarious, dude! ? I laughed probably more than I should. It surely will boost your chances LOL. :p

Sorry for off-topic, but I couldn't help it. This, right here is pretty damn hilarious, dude! ? I laughed probably more than I should. It surely will boost your chances LOL. :p

Wee Oooo Wee Oooo, we have a combo breaker...get em Roland!...???

this seems to be slowing down a bit, so many 1 posters. How does that show community spirit? lol

BTW anyone else went through the posts to see who had the most hours? its 15,690 if you want to know... i'll let you find out who it is though...:highly_amused::highly_amused::highly_amused:

Archived