Junk Turrets are extremely out of place

Ac75

Who are these "most of us" you talk about?

I literally see like 3-4 people complaining about them, while everyone else, both on forums and in game/streams/youtube enjoys them.

Pretty sure over 80% of people in this thread are saying they're out of place. In fact, youre really the only person who has replied saying they're not out of plce. Seems you're more concerned with just defending every aspect of the game.

They don't fit in the 7 Days ethos in mine and many other peoples opinion. People on Discord once in a while talk about them too saying they just don't seem to fit.

A lot of players do not think the scrap turrets fit the game. They don't. They're auto-targeted with a laser sight. Nothing before in 7 Days has been such advanced tech. The auto turrets we had before were yes, but no need to go even further with a laser sighted huge turret you can just pull out of your pocket.

That hardly justifies an unqualified "most of us" statement.

Simply, many people do not sit on the forums, but saying it in orally or ingame. We just don't hear them.

Many just briefly say something like - " hmmm....what the hell is that?....ok....okay we will continue!". It's kind of not a claim, but people express their attitude to it.

Who are these "most of us" you talk about?

I literally see like 3-4 people complaining about them, while everyone else, both on forums and in game/streams/youtube enjoys them.

Time for someone to do a poll.

1) Junk Turrets are out of place and should be removed

2) Junk Turrets are out of place but should remain

3) Junk Turrets fit right in but should be removed

4) Junk Turrets fit right in and should remain.

As long as 2 and 4 get the most votes I’m happy because they’re fun.

Simply, many people do not sit on the forums, but saying it in orally or ingame. We just don't hear them.

Many just briefly say something like - " hmmm....what the hell is that?....ok....okay we will continue!". It's kind of not a claim, but people express their attitude to it.

Then those people are free to avail themselves of the forums if they so choose. But Ac75 doesn't have a direct line to all of them, or even half of them or even a minute tiny fraction of them, so should stop trying to speak for them.....

Then those people are free to avail themselves of the forums if they so choose. But Ac75 doesn't have a direct line to all of them, or even half of them or even a minute tiny fraction of them, so should stop trying to speak for them.....

You sound a bit extra offended and totally bothered by peoples opinions.

"But Ac75 doesn't have a direct line to all of them, or even half of them or even a minute tiny fraction of them, so should stop trying to speak for them"

Cmon, man - youre like, holding me to the flames over my opinion. Sorry I said "most people".....jeesh

I don't see how they are "out of place" in a Mad Max style crafting/survival game. If they are out of place then so are shotgun turrets, and the blunderbuss, and all the other mechanical traps and just everything. I don't understand how they can even be considered "out of place" in this game. If they don't fit in here I don't know where they would fit in.

Did you miss the part where I said "non spoiled foods"

Originally Posted by warmer View Post

I agree it is seriously out of context. Maybe there could be a buff where you washed your hands prior to eating or drinking and that gave you 0% poisoning chance for non spoiled foods for 5min.

Sure if you let meat sit in a back pack for hours in the desert, you might not want to smell it let alone eat it, but if you had a freezer in the snow biome, it would last a long time.

It would make food much more interesting with a preservation method. Not saying drop everything and work on this, but a mod for food storage based on environmental temps would be cool.

Why are we discussing food poisoning in a thread about junk turrets? I'll play along. You are eating possibly contaminated meat. You have no way of testing whether you are about to eat something that has no telling what kind of disease or radiation. Doesn't matter if it is spoiled or not. You will have a chance at getting sick. Doesn't matter if you store it in a freezing or wherever. You will still have the same chance to get sick from eating tainted meat.

As for the original topic, I think Junk Turrets are OP but I don't think they are out of place in the 7DTD world. You can make regular turrets so why not be able to make turrets that you can carry around with you to deploy when needed? I would like to see TFP keep adding in more tech type of things. They add a lot of fun and options for different playstyles in to the game.

Both INT weapons are a lot of fun and are pretty creative in comparison to a lot of other game features.

I've said in a different thread and it applies to this one too... they need to put the same attention to model detail, creativity, and simply the fun factor into everything that came before these items and everything yet to come. Then it will fit in. This game is a patchwork of styles because of how long it has been in alpha. This Mad Max / steampunkish style brought in with these items (and the motorcycle) should continue and should replace a lot in my opinion. It is the best so far.

Shotgun turrets will not shoot thru you and still hit their target.

Sounds like a small balancing adjustment. Yeah that ability is a bit OP..😂

As a side note, junk turrets is the weapon type that benefits from crafting the most due to the ability to deploy many of them. I can see myself continuing to churn out blue quality turrets into the late game.

You're both right.

But, those who do not use the forums, anyway - will not to use them, you know. And these people the majority - i think nobody will argue with it. These people still have an opinion and a LOT depends on it. Therefore, you should not treat them disdainfully, because the problems that seem now not their own can suddenly change the status.

You're both right.

But, those who do not use the forums, anyway - will not to use them, you know. And these people the majority - i think nobody will argue with it. These people still have an opinion and a LOT depends on it. Therefore, you should not treat them disdainfully, because the problems that seem now not their own can suddenly change the status.

I don't intend to treat them disdainfully at all - just to refute the idea that anyone (including myself) can "speak for them".

Nor am I offended at all by anyone who thinks Junk Turrets should be removed - I mean, I don't agree with that viewpoint at all, but I can respect it, if its put properly.

The only thing I'd say about that great silent majority, is that since they've chosen not to voice their opinion, the only logical inference that can be drawn about their view of the game is that it is neutral, or at least neutral enough not to drive them to voicing their opinion here.

Anything else would be wild speculation.

- - - Updated - - -

You sound a bit extra offended and totally bothered by peoples opinions.

"But Ac75 doesn't have a direct line to all of them, or even half of them or even a minute tiny fraction of them, so should stop trying to speak for them"

Cmon, man - youre like, holding me to the flames over my opinion. Sorry I said "most people".....jeesh

The only post you made that offended me even a little, was in another thread, where you said I wasn't in touch "with my gut" because I supported a TFP change on a particular mechanic (and you did also write your post as if you were speaking for everyone, something other people besides myself commented on).

If you think Junk Turrets should be removed, that's all good. Personally, I think they should stay, but it won't bother me terribly either way, since I hardly use them. In the end, TFP will make their call. If they decide to keep them, those not wanting them could easily mod them out of their games.

Pretty sure over 80% of people in this thread are saying they're out of place. In fact, youre really the only person who has replied saying they're not out of plce. Seems you're more concerned with just defending every aspect of the game.

I contributed a vote (not that it really matters much) in the vote thread where it appears that nearly 80% of the respondents are in favor of junk turrets fitting in and remaining in game. ;)

I think the main balancing should probably be that the junk turret can hit friendly players (like other turrets can do). I'm guessing this is disabled for gameplay (or performance optimization) reasons. (But I also figure if the other turrets friendly-fire, this one probably should too.)

The default stun/knockdown should probably also be reexamined; maybe making it a bit less powerful by default but buffing it a bit more as an INT player perks up.

Junk turrets are super fun. I love them. 7 Days to Die is a zombie post-apocalypse, not a zombie apocalypse. There is a subtle difference there. I'm not exactly sure on the time, but our character spawn in at least a decade, maybe two, after the actual zombie outbreak. That's why none of the cars work. It's not farfetched that contraptions good at fighting zombies are in common circulation among survivors.

In any case, they're FUN.

Adding a fuel requirement (gas or draining batteries) would make them more plausible.

The sensor technology (detecting zombies) and launch ability (mechanical, pneumatic or magnetic) could certainly be invented nowadays.

But this kind of device would draw a lot of power, that currently comes out of nowhere.

Making gasoline part of the materials for junk turret ammo (calling it junk turret charge) would combine that nicely without implementing any new technical systems.

Making gasoline part of the materials for junk turret ammo (calling it junk turret charge) would combine that nicely without implementing any new technical systems.

Actually, +1 to that idea. Not only would it make for another way to spend the enormous volumes of gas that can be had from even a small amount of time spent shale mining, but it would give a "semi-plausible" (thematic) reason for the lack of power for the Junk Turret.

The silent majority is always up for grabs to the person who feels their argument needs their bolstering.

No.

The silent majority is, and it will decide. I described my observation of my surroundings. I repeat to you that those who do not sit on the forum - would not be to express their point of view here and will not be here to support me (or you).

They are after a couple of episodes on YouTube just switch to another game, or, in discord, after the question "- what game shall we play?" they will not say "- 7dtd of course!".... if they do not like it.

They're just going to play "fortnight", they don't care what we're talking about.

But we need them, at least - for the money ;)

You should understand and consider one more thing - after the release of the game, the audience on this forum, and for the game as a whole - will change greatly.

There will be completely different people with an unexpected opinion for you.

I just want to show on this example how it can work. (and to the question of the indication of food that we discussed earlier):

Here they quickly and briefly wonder about the absences food indication, and continue to play. As the game progresses, they often turn their attention to all those absurdities that you consider "fun".

Outside people just ridicule of it.

Such attitude often on channels, directly not associated precisely with 7dtd and reflects attitude this "silent majority."

This channel was very tolerant of all the nonsense they saw, but others - cover their faces with their hands.

People from the outside can be clearly seen that marasmus which you meekly accept (or like it).

By the way, they said that it is foolish to die from the cactus.

...and about getting iron from stone :)

They don't fit in the 7 Days ethos in mine and many other peoples opinion. People on Discord once in a while talk about them too saying they just don't seem to fit.

A lot of players do not think the scrap turrets fit the game. They don't. They're auto-targeted with a laser sight. Nothing before in 7 Days has been such advanced tech. The auto turrets we had before were yes, but no need to go even further with a laser sighted huge turret you can just pull out of your pocket.

I think you're wrong.. I came to these forms looking for an explanation as to how addiction worked and if it was even a thing or if those items just said it and maybe it hasn't been implemented yet? I still don't know.. But I saw this post and had to make an account to just state how much I disagree.. Junk Turrets have been the most entertaining item in this game for me at least to date. I love them and I am having tons of fun with them, both my friends that I have been playing with agree that they are pretty fun and both enjoy using them as well. The ammo is cheap but at the same time that's part of what makes them so fun because you can use it more than just a normal gun where normal guns stop being fun because quite frankly if I'm constantly worrying about whether or not I should use my weapon or save it for something that may never occur I'm not having fun.

I personally really like junk turrets and think they should stay how they are. I know my friends and I aren't a large portion of the community that plays this game but I'm sure there are many more out there like us who don't care about dumb ♥♥♥♥ like immersion we just like playing the game and doing it in our own way.

I use junk turrets, my friend uses Marksman Rifles and my girlfriend (Of her own free accord) makes food because that's what we each enjoy about the game.

So don't speak for me, especially when you have boring elitist views on the game.

Archived