Brass?

Armor9

Am I missing something or have many of the brass elements been taken out of the game? I know I can get a radiator from looting cars and some random brass knobs from trash, etc., but is that the extent? Am I missing brass somewhere?

Wrenching cars has not gave any brass.

Wrenching A/C has not given brass.

Doors and lights no longer give brass.

Any help? Thanks!

Am I missing something or have many of the brass elements been taken out of the game? I know I can get a radiator from looting cars and some random brass knobs from trash, etc., but is that the extent? Am I missing brass somewhere?

Any help? Thanks!

Vehicles and air conditioners have a chance to drop Radiators when using the wrench - that is the source of the brass. There is a special magazine/perk found in the game that allows you to loot doorknobs from doors, which generates another source. Also, you can now smelt Dukes down in a forge for a 1:1 ratio - 100 Dukes = 100 brass.

Destroy the radiators on the walls with the pickaxe. Then you get a brass radiator.

By the way, you can smelt down your coins. One coin gives one brass.

Awesome, thanks guys. I'll start saving the cars.

Sweet, that Dukes tip will help, I have like 4-5,000 of them, tend not to buy anything so that will be a huge source for me.

Thanks again.

- - - Updated - - -

Destroy the radiators on the walls with the pickaxe. Then you get a brass radiator.

By the way, you can smelt down your coins. One coin gives one brass.

Radiators on the walls? You mean the ones inside the houses? Cool, did not know that.

Any help? Thanks!

Lights DO give brass when wrenched IF they are brass colored lights.

the amount of brass is kinda staggering, especially if you never had a use for it before (cheesy base designs that allow bows to be useful for much longer than normal, or melee bases with junk turret)

A18 i'm literally swimming in it (especially with dukes being a source now)

Any help? Thanks!

1: Dukes can be smelted down into brass now at a 1 to 1 ratio. T3-5 quests usually award over 1500-2000 dukes each without any special perks. Thats 1500 to 2000 brass smelted in a forge.

2: In poi's you see those radiators on walls? smash them with a pickaxe, or even a sledge to get a radiator out of it which can be smelted or scrapped into brass. Its a guarnteed radiator per. Might get 2 if you have salvage ops at 5/5 thou. but since when a quest poi is reset those also respawn, shouldn't need it.

3: As mentioned there are books that get you doorknobs for smashing doors.

For me gunpowder is actually the major crux for bullets. Lead and brass are super easy to get now, in fact I find more lead nodes in the forest than any other type usually. Brass can be smelted from dukes, which later on your going to have more than you ever need.

- - - Updated - - -

the amount of brass is kinda staggering, especially if you never had a use for it before (cheesy base designs that allow bows to be useful for much longer than normal, or melee bases with junk turret)

A18 i'm literally swimming in it (especially with dukes being a source now)

Yeah, its gunpowder honestly thats harder to get due to its slow craft time now. its 3-4 seconds each which adds up fast when unperked. I never spend any points in intel anymore in my games as I can just get schematics for crafting.

Yeah, its gunpowder honestly thats harder to get due to its slow craft time now. its 3-4 seconds each which adds up fast when unperked. I never spend any points in intel anymore in my games as I can just get schematics for crafting.

Buy or craft three or four chemistry stations to speed up production. I find the duration of the crafts excellent because it forces us to add more stations in our bases.

Buy or craft three or four chemistry stations to speed up production. I find the duration of the crafts excellent because it forces us to add more stations in our bases.

That's funny. When I had many workstations in earlier Alphas, everyone said it was overkill. Now it's suddenly normal.

Been swimming in brass the entirety of A18 so far. Granted I'm a perception build so have 5/5 Salvage. I've got a chest full of brass things to smelt and something like 3-4 thousand casings already crafted. I only need 300 rounds per horde so far.

That's funny. When I had many workstations in earlier Alphas, everyone said it was overkill. Now it's suddenly normal.

Well that was forges not workstations. 12 forges for solo is definitely a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

For me I got the perk that gives you brass doorknobs for breaking doors. Its very nice lol

Been swimming in brass the entirety of A18 so far. Granted I'm a perception build so have 5/5 Salvage. I've got a chest full of brass things to smelt and something like 3-4 thousand casings already crafted. I only need 300 rounds per horde so far.

2 player co-op we fired 2000 rounds on day 21 horde (some Shotgun but mostly 9mm and AK rounds). Traps were not set up yet so we had to manually kill but it was still ~2000. That's the kind of Brass numbers we need. It's still a bottleneck despite all the new sources.

Yeah i'll probally do that. Going to want at least 2 chem labs minimum I think. In my current game I found the chem lab schematic on day 1, but took till day 12 before I finally found the 2 beakers. Getting the schematic early IS nice, but if your missing the beakers the hardest part of it to find, your kinda SOL lol.

- - - Updated - - -

2 player co-op we fired 2000 rounds on day 21 horde (some Shotgun but mostly 9mm and AK rounds). Traps were not set up yet so we had to manually kill but it was still ~2000. That's the kind of Brass numbers we need. It's still a bottleneck despite all the new sources.

Not really, 1 t4 quest will get you more than 2000 dukes to turn into 2000 brass.

Archived