No Tier 6 Crafting

00debbie

Dont most survival games all have some elements of RNG?

In the survival games I've played so far, it's was never so much RNG.

When making tier 3 tools, weapons or armor, you have to rely on luck three times. You have to find the schematics. You have to find the parts and the stats are also random.

The best way to get tier 6 items is to do T5 fetch/clear quests. However, you should have 3 points in Darling Adventurer since the rewards are also random and with Darling Adventurer you can choose from additional rewards. It took me some time and a lot of T5 quests to finally get a Q6 steel shovel as a reward.

Dont most survival games all have some elements of RNG?

Sure. But not in this way. Looting for example. And there it is fine. Can´t have the same things in containers.

But letting people craft to a certain level and then bring in rng is just annoying. Again, if those T6 things do not serve any purpose than "oh wow" why do we even have them? I rather have "oh wow" things that server a purpose.

And @Roland what is the purpose of this RNG lottery? What does TFP want to achieve with it? What is it they want the player to feel with this change? Why are T6 items only pretty and not needed instead of having actual advantages? Why do we have them if you don´t need them? (other things not needed usually get removed very quickly)

Sure. But not in this way. Looting for example. And there it is fine. Can´t have the same things in containers.

But letting people craft to a certain level and then bring in rng is just annoying. Again, if those T6 things do not serve any purpose than "oh wow" why do we even have them? I rather have "oh wow" things that server a purpose.

And @Roland what is the purpose of this RNG lottery? What does TFP want to achieve with it? What is it they want the player to feel with this change? Why are T6 items only pretty and not needed instead of having actual advantages? Why do we have them if you don´t need them? (other things not needed usually get removed very quickly)

Am I misunderstanding something? You could as well ask: What is the purpose of the 4x4, the gyro, the 8x scope mod, the night vision goggles, the +2 armor mod, HP ammunition? Nothing in that list is essential to win the game or survive in the game. But everything in that list gets you a smaller or bigger advantage over lesser variants. That is why you want them but don't need them.

Am I misunderstanding something? You could as well ask: What is the purpose of the 4x4, the gyro, the 8x scope mod, the night vision goggles, the +2 armor mod, HP ammunition? Nothing in that list is essential to win the game or survive in the game. But everything in that list gets you a smaller or bigger advantage over lesser variants. That is why you want them but don't need them.

Hey, don't mess with the night vision goggles. I really do need those, can't kill what you can't see.

In the survival games I've played so far, it's was never so much RNG.

When making tier 3 tools, weapons or armor, you have to rely on luck three times. You have to find the schematics. You have to find the parts and the stats are also random.

The best way to get tier 6 items is to do T5 fetch/clear quests. However, you should have 3 points in Darling Adventurer since the rewards are also random and with Darling Adventurer you can choose from additional rewards. It took me some time and a lot of T5 quests to finally get a Q6 steel shovel as a reward.

I am asking what they want to achieve with the change that you can´t craft T6. What is the goal of this change? I mean they don´t do things without a reason just to annoy players...

Their desire is for the extra powerful stuff to be rare and not be a guaranteed acquisition. The things that are essential for progressing up to a point where the player can survive and thrive is guaranteed. But Tier 3 gear and Tier 6 quality is more than what is necessary for survival.

The goal of the change is that you will still have things you’ll want to acquire once you’re thriving. You’ll want to secure that missing book in your set or that one piece of gear at the highest quality.

RNG also has the effect of making the player adapt and survive based on unpredictable events. pApA... you’ve complained that they’ve removed all the survival components of the game but now you want them to make getting any piece of gear at the highest level guaranteed?

They made getting food guaranteed and look how that’s turned out. Why would you want them to make this a guaranteed always going to happen outcome?

You can craft Tier 1 and 2 gear up through a quality level of 5. Tier 3 is governed by chance three ways so it is rare to be able to be crafted and Tier 6 can never be crafted.

I would say that any new player coming to this game not knowing the history would think that it makes sense and wouldn’t be annoyed at all. They would have fun crafting their own Blue Quality Iron pickaxe and be a boss at mining with it. If they later find a purple steel pickaxe that would be an amazing find and bring a lot of excitement. If they never found one in that game they would still excel and win with their crafted blue iron pickaxe.

So it is a loot shooter mechanic. Well. More and more FPS gameplay. I wonder how far this will go. It is a crafting game. I want to earn my good stuff. Not it beeing random. Doesn´t matter how long it takes or how hard it is. Why does everyone assume that i want it for free on day 7? Where did i say that?

Also this kind of mechanic opens up an easy way for pay2win. Not saying they plan on it, but you never know what happens.

If i want fkn random stuff i play something like borderlands not a crafting game.

@AtomicUS5000 3 days? You could craft highest quality for a few alphas...

I am asking what they want to achieve with the change that you can´t craft T6. What is the goal of this change? I mean they don´t do things without a reason just to annoy players...

The exact reason why best gear in MMOs is in dungeons/raids and not crafted.

The exact reason why best gear in MMOs is in dungeons/raids and not crafted.

However, this is usually not another quality level of the same but something that clearly differs.

In A16 you could make steel tools but you could only find the parts for the auger and the chainsaw. On the one hand you had manual tools that needed stamina and on the other hand you had motor driven tools that didn't need stamina.

People were happy with it. They had the steel tools which worked fine, but finding the power tools opened up a whole new world. You could work much more efficiently. That's how I imagine legendary objects. Not just the same thing just a little better, but they open up new possibilities.

I would say that any new player coming to this game not knowing the history would think that it makes sense and wouldn’t be annoyed at all. They would have fun crafting their own Blue Quality Iron pickaxe and be a boss at mining with it. If they later find a purple steel pickaxe that would be an amazing find and bring a lot of excitement. If they never found one in that game they would still excel and win with their crafted blue iron pickaxe.

Actually, a new player will wonder what these mysterious tool parts are. Iron tools and steel tools differ only in the material used but are identical in construction. They are basically just a lump of iron / steel on a wooden stick.

Well, there's only two options:

1. TFP makes T6 craftable by default, and those that don't want that, mod out the recipes for it.

2. TFP makes T6 uncraftable by default, and those that don't want that, mod in the recipes for it.

Either way, it seems like not a difficult thing to do, and, strictly imho, it seems logical that the default, for reasons of incentivising exploration and looting, ought to be that T6 is uncraftable.

@AtomicUS5000 3 days? You could craft highest quality for a few alphas...

Nah, that’s generalizing too much. They added Q6 on top of the highest quality and before they did they even said it wasn’t going to be craftable. Just a day before the release MM changed his mind, and after realizing that it wasn’t going to work out, dropped it 3 days later. I would bet they become craftable again... after legendaries are in—which doesn’t really change things. You still won’t be crafting the best. Even if you argue your way into bringing it back, it’s only going to get taken away again.

Yeah, some legendary crafts would be nice, the mats should just need to be challenging and or take a while to get...

maybe if you craft those weapons

you need "legendary Parts" to craft them

and i still think that if you want to find the best stuff with much better stats you need to find them

like if you craft a Iron Axe thats level 2 and it has 20 dm 2000 durability and 1.1 attack speed

if you find a level 2 axe and it could be 25 dm , 2500 durability and 1.5 Attack speed or something like that

idk

and maybe when crafting better stuff like 5 or 6 you need "Advanced Components" which you can get by ether dismantling High tier stuff , Buying them or finding them!

(side note) those "components" are just one item not "tool advance components" or anything like that lol

the following modlet let's you craft T6 gear,tools and weapons once specced rank 5 into the desired perk

[ATTACH]30900[/ATTACH]

You know I was gonna call you out on that mod cuz I posted one on page 15 of this same thread. You got all 15 of the same perk codes in there in the same order as mine, but you got 2 perks that I missed so I'll take it as a compliment instead and say thanks for the help.

There is now a new version of my mod with the 2 added perks available here.

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/627

You know I was gonna call you out on that mod cuz I posted one on page 15 of this same thread. You got all 15 of the same perk codes in there in the same order as mine, but you got 2 perks that I missed so I'll take it as a compliment instead and say thanks for the help.

There is now a new version of my mod with the 2 added perks available here.

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/627

hehe great minds think alike :)

didn't see your post but then again i didn't scan all the pages to see if any1 posted it already

but i did notice that you missed the yeah science perk.

Ahh, so you did copy my code then. Yeah, I thought it was kinda suspicious with them all being in the same order...lol

No big, I got there first so naner, naner, naner :p

lol no I didn't copied your code since I made mine mod back in october already but I just never came around to uploading them

but after you mentioned that our mods looked so familiar I decided to DL yours to see for myself :)

and the reason why they look so familiar is fairly simple

I am guessing we both just started from the top of the progression.xml file and worked our way down the list.

While I'm not overall happy how they changed a lot of things, I am on the fence about this change.

I should probably not be able to make a better axe on a shoddy workbench then something that's been machined in a factory.

Buuuuut on the otherhand. I like to craft things better :D

I should probably not be able to make a better axe on a shoddy workbench then something that's been machined in a factory.

That something was made in a factory doesn't say anything about the quality yet. In fact, mass-produced products are optimized for manufacturing costs and not for quality. Handmade products often have a better quality than mass-produced products.

And to be honest, an axe, a shovel and a pickaxe are not products that need a lot of hi-tech. Any blacksmith can make these tools for you.

That something was made in a factory doesn't say anything about the quality yet. In fact, mass-produced products are optimized for manufacturing costs and not for quality. Handmade products often have a better quality than mass-produced products.

And to be honest, an axe, a shovel and a pickaxe are not products that need a lot of hi-tech. Any blacksmith can make these tools for you.

Yeah. I shouldn't have worded it like that I think :D

What I meant to say was, I should probably not be able to make a better product then the top-ones made by professionals. Which I assume Q6 is supposed to be.

Are you trying to tell us that industrial quality steel made in industrial furnaces, formed by using heavy machinery, constantly under quality control has a chance to be of lower quality then whatever you dug from under the dirt and thrown into your ad-hoc made forge klin out of stone without years of experience at all?

You do realize the game isn't happening in China?

Are you trying to tell us that industrial quality steel made in industrial furnaces, formed by using heavy machinery, constantly under quality control has a chance to be of lower quality then whatever you dug from under the dirt and thrown into your ad-hoc made forge klin out of stone without years of experience at all?

You do realize the game isn't happening in China?

Sure... how long ago was that axe made in a factory? If it was 20 years ago and its been sitting outside exposed to the elements and/or radiation then yes, it could be a lower quality.

Archived