No Tier 6 Crafting

00debbie

Would you be "crying" if crafting was the ONLY way to get the best gear?

Probably not as you'd be able to craft a purple way faster than ever being able to find the purple gun you want. And it would still be via parts you looted. This change they did will make it take longer to get purple gear and with no guarantees. So instead of a way to always get the best and easily, you now have to play around the game depending on what you get and you have to actually explore a lot to get what you want, not just invest points into crafting and make it no issue.

It's really a moot point. They don't really want our opinion on direction unless it's in line with that direction. They've opened up modding so that people who don't like it can just change it. Which is a real safe way of saying, "I hear you but I don't care".

Yep, they have our money already, so our opinions generally mean nothing. However, if the game I love is turned into crap, I know my whole crew will be leaving very negative reviews on steam. May not mean much, but if I feel like we are taking backseat to getting a new type of person buying the game. I will damn well make sure my voice is heard by someone out there.

The only other REAL way to get them to hear you is if you are a streamer and you start getting steam pointing out the silly ideas getting dumped into the game. I know bad publicity is still publicity but seems like this game really sucks up to them.

I think it's really more "We want you to be really excited when you get a purple"

If that's the goal then I don't see how this change accomplishes that. The combination of loot only T6 and random stats means that even when you find that long-awaited T6, it may not have better stats than your T5. So it's actually "we want you to find a purple, but don't get really excited until you check the stats and go through your whole list of craftable/stockpiled mods to see if you have one that makes it better than your T5".

Then just remove purples if that’s the case.

Lol...so if you can't get completely decked out in all purple then you'd rather it just be removed so you get nothing? Whats wrong with only having some legendary items but everything else blue and green? Why all or nothing?

Read through a lot of this thread. What I dont see anybody taking into consideration is this.

T6 is not going to JUST be an extra slot and possible better stats. They have been stated to become Legendary Unique Items... They will have special unique additional effects. How in the world do any of you expect to craft such items. I see the arguments against the change as totally pointless when considering this simple fact...

I am sure TFP's will get it balanced to where it fits with their goal. A lot of assuming of how it will be. Maybe wait and see how it will actually be? Instead of thinking you already have it figured out better than them?

At what week can you get outfitted with looting? Week 999999999

At what week can you get outfitted with crafting? Never

About the same, honestly

Then just remove purples if that’s the case.

If you want to use my wording against me, at least use the context you yourself stated. If it takes week 999999999 to get outfitted in purples, or "never" get to craft them, and you truly think its the same, then what's the point of purples?

Lol...so if you can't get completely decked out in all purple then you'd rather it just be removed so you get nothing? Whats wrong with only having some legendary items but everything else blue and green? Why all or nothing?

Again, you totally miss the point, this has NOTHING to do with how quickly I can get these items, or how many of them I have. This has to do with invalidating crafting for end game gear.

Why not have legendary materials that have a one in a thousand chance to drop when mining to make a legendary pick or fire axe?

I seem to remember a post where they were trying to balance game for the different player types, one of them was miner, and i think another was gatherer/builder of some sort. Where are their legendaries? Seems as though the only playstyle being pushed is the hunter/looter.

Make it so the items you craft at T6 can never have these special effects. EZPZ. Get the mod slots, still worth the use but still not quite the tippy top.

From what I understand not all the unique effects will be beneficial though. It might be "Drains Stamina while in hand but give 100% critical shot" (just an example) then in some cases people might consider the crafted versions better.. Naw the rare unique legendaries should be in a class of their own, with no way to obtain something close imo.

Start warming up your uninstall finger...

True epic rarity of purples and super rarity of blues and very rarity of greens is the only way that this can go down and work and feel rewarding for both crafting and looting. When people feel they've played out their current world after spending 100 - 200 hours there they should still only have a handful of purple items.

That's far from the "only way this can go down and work", as you put it. Unless you mean this is the only thing the TFP team managed to come up with... in which case I would be inclined to agree. That'd be par for the course.

If I remember right they were even considering like special quests that give a small % chance to get a Legendary. We dont even know if looting will be the main way to get legendaries.

Too many assumtions of how they are going to implement this. None of this stuff is even in the game yet. If you arent satisfied with what they have put in order to prepare for the incoming systems... well.. suck it up.. wait and see...

if T6 becomes the legendary tier, then it would make no sense (beyond finding parts of a legendary) that probably have random rolls and can't be used interchangeably (no using a shovel handle to make a pick etc.) to having crafting Q6 work, looting and questing should become the only ways to achieve that (yes "oh no looting is OP nerf nerf nerf!") but some poor unlucky soul out there may have stashed one in an out of the way location and never came back for it...

Lootability: depends on maybe the tier of the building (.1% in tier 1 buildings up to like 5% in tier 5 buildings, so location would contribute to finding them) outside containers might be loot locked to maybe a .5% chance, which isn't big, but still has a chance for some random garbage bag to have a useful legendary (maybe some survivor was rooting through it and dropped a Q6 hunting knife when he fled zombies)

Questing: would depend on difficulty have tier 1 have 0% (sorry no chance straight out of the gate) T2 have .1% up to T5 having maybe a 5% chance (since most T5 quests are in T5 buildings, that's 2+chances to get one {loot containers all have that small chance and then the quest itself [having Daring adventurer high gives the same 5% but multiple pulls from loot table]}

this above (rant? satirical phrasing?) is just my views

I have no problem with legendaries being there either, I just feel that legendaries creating a new "quality" level is not the way to go.

They should be unique items that fall within the existing quality levels, thus leaving the balance of current quality levels intact, and giving a truly unique item as your "legendary" reward.

This could also mean finding a lower "quality'" legendary item, furthering the search for yet more legendaries.

if T6 becomes the legendary tier, then it would make no sense (beyond finding parts of a legendary) that probably have random rolls and can't be used interchangeably (no using a shovel handle to make a pick etc.) to having crafting Q6 work, looting and questing should become the only ways to achieve that (yes "oh no looting is OP nerf nerf nerf!") but some poor unlucky soul out there may have stashed one in an out of the way location and never came back for it...

Lootability: depends on maybe the tier of the building (.01% in tier 1 buildings up to like 5% in tier 5 buildings, so location would contribute to finding them) outside containers might be loot locked to maybe a .5% chance, which isn't big, but still has a chance for some random garbage bag to have a useful legendary (maybe some survivor was rooting through it and dropped a Q6 hunting knife when he fled zombies)

Questing: would depend on difficulty have tier 1 have 0% (sorry no chance straight out of the gate) T2 have .01% up to T5 having maybe a 5% chance (since most T5 quests are in T5 buildings, that's 2+chances to get one {loot containers all have that small chance and then the quest itself [having Daring adventurer high gives the same 5% but multiple pulls from loot table]}

this above (rant? satirical phrasing?) is just my views

Idk about rant, I see a lot of assuming though. You are assuming legendary will be able to be looted normally. Assuming you might get them as normal quest rewards,

I was thinking more like a special treasure map that spawns a horde of specials, or a boss. Or a quest where you have multiple objectives from the trader. (retrieve special weapon part, then craft x item and y item in a workbench and chem station and return to the trader for a chance to see if he can revive the legendary item)..

Its all speculation though on both our parts. Who knows how it will end up when they are done. We sure dont.

I have no problem with legendaries being there either, I just feel that legendaries creating a new "quality" level is not the way to go.

They should be unique items that fall within the existing quality levels, thus leaving the balance of current quality levels intact, and giving a truly unique item as your "legendary" reward.

This could also mean finding a lower "quality'" legendary item, furthering the search for yet more legendaries.

Nice opinion. Until I actually see the completed system I am going to assume on the side of the TFP's vision for it rather than your opinion though. Just my thoughts on it.

If you want to use my wording against me, at least use the context you yourself stated. If it takes week 999999999 to get outfitted in purples, or "never" get to craft them, and you truly think its the same, then what's the point of purples?

The point is to never be completely outfitted in purple either by crafting or looting. Being completely outfitted in purples is OP. At most you have 2-4 in one game.

That's far from the "only way this can go down and work", as you put it. Unless you mean this is the only thing the TFP team managed to come up with... in which case I would be inclined to agree. That'd be par for the course.

I may have been utilizing some hyperbole there. :)

Make it so the items you craft at T6 can never have these special effects. EZPZ. Get the mod slots, still worth the use but still not quite the tippy top.

So you ARE okay with not being able to craft the tippy top. In principle you are with TFP just not in what they have defined as the tippy top.

Archived