Do you hate crafting?

guardianangelmp

"Quality 6 items are not craftable"

This change, in my mind, is completely stupid. You can already get quality 6 items looting waaaaay before you can craft them, PLUS you need enough parts to craft the high quality item WHICH CAN ONLY BE OBTAINED THROUGH LOOTING!

If anything, being able to craft quality 6 items is just the same as looting them now, only it's once removed looting (since the materials to craft tools/weapons/armors can only be obtained by scrapping existing items....which can only be obtained from looting).

But, TFP hate crafting and just want to turn the game into a pve version of Fortnite.

I just don't get why they put weapon parts into the game, if they don't want us to craft weapons. For weapon crafting to be viable it either has to be competitive to looting, or loot quality has to go down (a lot!), so crafting at least has a head start and just loses in the long run. But that includes nerfing lucky looter to the ground, or else lucky looter is the meta.

I mean, if they don't want us to craft items, fine. But then at least let us scrap weapons into something useful.

Lucky looter = new meta. Yes they obviously hate crafting as you have to loot to craft anyway. 7DTD is now a looter shooter. GG guys, gg... Spends the next 5 hours editing xml files to put the t6 weapons, tools and armor back in craftables lists, will post link to files in when I am done so we don't have to deal with this crappy call.

although, I keep hearing "whispers" of "legendary" items on these forums from many sources*, maybe the Q6 being gone again has to do with implementation of that? maybe Q6 doesn't (or soon won't) exist? and it'll be Q5 (max you can craft) and loot only legendaries?

*I don't read update notes or look through planned roadmaps for info, I tend to only keep my ear to the ground on the forums for info so take this with a heavy dose of salt

although, I keep hearing "whispers" of "legendary" items on these forums from many sources*, maybe the Q6 being gone again has to do with implementation of that? maybe Q6 doesn't (or soon won't) exist? and it'll be Q5 (max you can craft) and loot only legendaries?

*I don't read update notes or look through planned roadmaps for info, I tend to only keep my ear to the ground on the forums for info so take this with a heavy dose of salt

Even if they were to add legendary, it doesn't fix the problem of crafting being fairly pointless now. You can sure as heck bet they aren't making legendaries craftable if they even do something like that.

Crafting is now only worth anything super early game...beelining for level 3 in a skill to make decent quality items right away to get a job done....if you can avoid needing to do that, you can save those points and invest elsewhere....I don't really know WHERE, since that was a big draw of the game...but somewhere...

At the moment the Fun Pimps are of the opinion that the best weapons and tools must be found and should not be crafted.

They are supported in this decision by the players who seem to never leave their base unless they get a reason to do so.

In A17 you could craft everything yourself, but most of the time I wasn't in my base. I even went looting more often than in the alphas before because I did many of the quests. So if the quests, over 300 books and parts you can't make yourself are not enough reasons to leave the base then I don't know what is enough.

For me the new purple is now blue. The weapons and tools are not quite as good but sufficient for what you usually do and they have the same amout of modslots as the Q6 tools and weapons.

Actually I had all the people on my server asking me to mod it back into the game because they hated that they couldn't craft T6. I had not done it because I am not a good modder. But then you changed and it and everyone was really happy. Now I am back to trying to understand XML files... :-(

You couldn’t craft t6 tools and weapons from the moment A18 came out. Where was this outrage the last two weeks? We got it back for 4 days and NOW we can’t live without it?

I was happy to see it come in the previous patch. I assumed they were working on other stuff to support craftable T6.

(For instance, having all tiers except a super special top tier being craftable makes a lot of sense.)

It isn’t like I’m going to rage-quit or anything. The game is still very enjoyable.

But crafting is a nice option when the RNG craps all over you for an extended period of time. ;)

Actually I had all the people on my server asking me to mod it back into the game because they hated that they couldn't craft T6. I had not done it because I am not a good modder. But then you changed and it and everyone was really happy. Now I am back to trying to understand XML files... :-(

It is a worthy pursuit. :)

And that's why I'm in zero rush to upgrade to A18 anytime soon.

Just wait till they finally do add in Bandits/NPC's. Yay... The Survival Looter/Shooter game. Yes, that's what drew all of us in to love this game all these years...

Just go ahead and add in Battle Royale so they can achieve 7 Days to Fortnite.

The game is still in alpha so it's just feedback.

I’m not telling anyone to shut up. Just wondering why it is coming up now and why all of a sudden the game is turning into Fortnite in the eyes of some when it wasn’t a hot topic before this week.

They took away crafting the highest tier but they gave us random stats instead of static midrange and they are making the higher tier items more rare. More low tier items means plenty of parts for crafting and more reason to craft since you may not find the top tier items.

They took away crafting the highest tier but they gave us random stats instead of static midrange and they are making the higher tier items more rare. More low tier items means plenty of parts for crafting and more reason to craft since you may not find the top tier items.

Did they actually buff the amount of lower tier (parts*) items? or is that just what is commonly thought, I mean if they tossed Q6 but upped chances for Q1-Q3 of steel tools/weapons, that makes a pretty nice chance for everyone to at least kit out in Q3-5 quickly, making acquiring a few Q6's for quality control easier, to be honest, I couldn't care less, I play dead is dead on nomad with a crappy PC, I usually die before getting to solid Q4-5 territory anyways, so getting a Q6 by ANY means is awesome to me

*items scrappable for parts

I am an 'Adapt and Overcome' kinda person.

While the crafting is more widespread and even requires more gathering I find myself considering if its not the crafting system itself, or if its just people who just bristling for having to need and keep newbie tools around for longer than normal. I can't even find a reason to complain about repair kits because there's so many ways to get your hands on bones, glue, and duct tape.

If the solution for that is more looting, isn't that just how the game plays? I could simply boil this all down to:

Explore > Murder > Loot > Craft > Lather > Rinse > Repeat? Different build strengths change the experience a bit, but other than that...?

t6 items are just not necessary to survive or 'to win' IMO, and never have been. Less mods can be placed around, but I've also been known to carry multiple gear sets depending on what I'm trying to accomplish.

More low tier items means plenty of parts for crafting and more reason to craft since you may not find the top tier items.

Quite opposite, at least in single player - with the material cost of higher tier items it's not worth wasting time or materials on crafting non-max tier items. With 6-tier item craft available I had a reason to gather all the materials and parts. And now they're just sale scrap again.

So right now weapon/tool crafting is somehow useful when you start game and after that you just concentrate on looting/quests. It might change if the items will be perishable again, for now material, time, and experience costs are too high for doing max tier 5 crafts.

Quite opposite, at least in single player - with the material cost of higher tier items it's not worth wasting time or materials on crafting non-max tier items. With 6-tier item craft available I had a reason to gather all the materials and parts. And now they're just sale scrap again.

So right now weapon/tool crafting is somehow useful when you start game and after that you just concentrate on looting/quests. It might change if the items will be perishable again, for now material, time, and experience costs are too high for doing max tier 5 crafts.

Its all a matter of balance, I read that t6 drops have been reduced. If they are indeed rare, crafting tier 5's will be a thing, otherwise i would be incentivized to just sell the craft parts or blue craft, whicever gives more dukes. :p

For all we know they will allow t6 crafts when legendary items are released...:p

You couldn’t craft t6 tools and weapons from the moment A18 came out. Where was this outrage the last two weeks? We got it back for 4 days and NOW we can’t live without it?

This. I'm actually dumbfounded to see all this sudden rage for such a trivial change. Crafting is pointless?? Why? You can still craft tiers 1-5, and I'm fairly certain that's all you're gonna be doing anyways, wether you can craft Q6 later on or not.

Archived