So eager for A18e! No more juice for A17, knowing what's coming.

jdifran

I just keep working on my mod. Finding new things I can do after poking the DLL with a stick and finding unused properties for items/blocks/buffs/quests that work but have no examples.

Kinda wish I could get my hands on A18 once it goes into content lock just to see how much re-writing I'm gonna have to do. :p

Lucky for me, my perspective also includes a view behind the curtain and I can assure you that your view is mistaken and incomplete.

They are very much into experimentation and if something doesn’t work with everything else as they were wanting, they do retool. They also save everything. There may be a future game that develops the idea of molds for weapons parts or LBD. Just because they ultimately reject something for this game doesn’t mean they won’t revisit it again in a future project.

Ok, I get this point. But I'm playing this game? I don't have a view behind the curtain. TBH, as a cusotmer I don't really want to have a view behind the curtain because I can't and I don't want to have one. It's a game I play, not my job.

But it's good to know that this game seems to be a testing playground for further developments. Seems to be a new (old?) step into early access.

EDIT:

I'm somehow proud now of my negative reputation in this forum.

Ok, I get this point. But I'm playing this game? I don't have a view behind the curtain. TBH, as a cusotmer I don't really want to have a view behind the curtain because I can't and I don't want to have one. It's a game I play, not my job.

But it's good to know that this game seems to be a testing playground for further developments. Seems to be a new (old?) step into early access.

EDIT:

I'm somehow proud now of my negative reputation in this forum.

I get that and it is one of the drawbacks of Early Access that there will be folks who don’t care about the development process or understand why or how a feature was cut or changed or know the progressive history of the project.

They simply bought a game off Steam and they just want to play it and they expect it to work like any other released game in their library.

But, I think the net is still positive and this form of crowd funding is still viable as I think the pool of players who look at it as “just a game to play” rather than an indev project to follow is relatively small.

I just keep working on my mod. Finding new things I can do after poking the DLL with a stick and finding unused properties for items/blocks/buffs/quests that work but have no examples.

Kinda wish I could get my hands on A18 once it goes into content lock just to see how much re-writing I'm gonna have to do. :p

One of the signs of a soon to release experimental. Us modders dropping hints at access :D

I personally hear ya Roland. But perception is stronger than fact sometimes.

Most people that own the game will never read your words or know what's going on. And from a gamer point of view the past 2 updates are giving the perception TFP are trying out game progression mechanics, not liking then, and redoing them. Reworking mechanics and such. That's just how it looks.

Now your here to clue us in and that's great. Some will be educated but others wont trust that's the case. Not saying anyone here dosent believe you, I have no idea. I know I believe you but that's all I can say.

- - - Updated - - -

Hes right. I havent wiped in 8 months. And last update it was 14 months.

You hit the nail on the head with this post. Couldn't have said it better myself.

- - - Updated - - -

I keep telling you the access code but no one listens...

guppyisawesome

(come on, you know you have tried it at least once)

UQi9HOe.png

I like how that pic is from a19. 😅

OK So to pass the time I'm playing Alpha 7.1 right now and noticed that mode and was wondering if it's worth trying? I've still gotta learn how to craft stuff but it sounds like it's worth trying?

You could just play it and see for yourself in the time it took to get here and ask you know.

OK So to pass the time I'm playing Alpha 7.1 right now and noticed that mode and was wondering if it's worth trying? I've still gotta learn how to craft stuff but it sounds like it's worth trying?

You don’t really have to craft much in that mode. Just collect all the crates and you’ll get ammo, weapons, blocks, food, etc. just focus on building as fast as you can only crafting if you need more and have time.

Archived