Forum decorum...

Morloc

I know that there are a few people who post here who displeased with their colleagues and moderators and the overall flavor of the forum. I've always felt it was pretty fair and the tone was reasonable. There'll be a few outliers, but on the whole, most of the posters here are pretty reasonable....

...in contrast I was checking out the forums for They Are Billions (Zombie RTS), and..ROFL, that's a seriously rough bunch. The "git gud" crowd are the polite ones! ;) Their campaign came out yesterday, and if you wish to raise concerns about the difficulty, you best wear two helmets. Anyway, if you ever think things are less than optimal here, check that place out for some perspective.

-Morloc

Just for the record... this forum wasn't always this great. The first year or so was pretty bad, which was the reason why I stepped in and volunteered as Moderator within months of joining the site.

What really brings this forum down are personal and character attacks vs. attacking someones ideas. Granted, I have broached touching on one's personal short comings when I feel what they are bringing to the discussion is toxic, but as long as this is a battle of ideas first and egos second, I think we are benefit from the exchange.

Yeah.. I don't like this particular forum moderator.. What's his name.. Ronald, or something!

I don't know if you're being serious or not as this does happen on occasion among friends, but if you are being serious, then maybe you should keep that to yourself. Being a moderator isn't easy and because they're probably not being paid to do it, they have no reason to do a good job other than for their love for the community and game. They definitely don't deserve seeing hate comments. If you have a problem with a moderator, talk to them about it. If things don't get better with them, then report them to a dev or something. But never make it public. And never get offended or take things personal if you receive a warning or infraction... it's your own fault for breaking the rules, they're just doing their job.

...And never get offended or take things personal if you receive a warning or infraction... it's your own fault for breaking the rules, they're just doing their job.

Well, you should probably take it personally if you screwed up. I mean, it's you and you need to evaluate your screwup!

On the other hand, you can be at least a little offended if you receive a warning/infraction without warrant as is occasionally the case.

-Morloc

Well, you should probably take it personally if you screwed up. I mean, it's you and you need to evaluate your screwup!

On the other hand, you can be at least a little offended if you receive a warning/infraction without warrant as is occasionally the case.

-Morloc

If that happens, contact another mod in private or take it up with a dev. No one's perfect, ppl make mistakes. No reason to take things so personal. It's not like they're out to get you. They're obviously not power hungry. They're just human beings, and it's not like there's special training on how to be a moderator. You just learn as you go.

If that happens, contact another mod in private or take it up with a dev. No one's perfect, ppl make mistakes. No reason to take things so personal. It's not like they're out to get you. They're obviously not power hungry. They're just human beings, and it's not like there's special training on how to be a moderator. You just learn as you go.

All true.

-Morloc

If you’re still in Hawaii then I hate you too.

Quick summary from the tourist perspective:

9 days is too long. 7 is fine.

Oahu is cool, but Waikiki is like visiting any Florida city. Except here, the sand is imported, because Hawaii doesn't actually have Sandy beaches. East shore has the best beach.

Waikiki is a lot smaller in person than on TV.

Hawaii is ridiculously expensive.

Open Market shops have the same things tourist shops do, for about 1/3rd the cost. Plus you can haggle.

Most places close at 11, this includes bars.

Traffic is ridiculously retarded.

What you see on TV really comes down to two roads.

The Japanese won WW2 (at least here), they just played the long game. Their food is good.

EVERY "must do" has /got/ to be social media marketing, because most of the stuff is "meh".

The big island is like visiting a Caribbean country.

In short? Save your dollars and hit Pensacola or Destin. Except for the views (which is only spectacular in Kailua), everything else is identical.

...maybe weazlesun can add more from a natives perspective.

Since english is not my native language this forum often seems to be toxic to me. It might not be that toxic then elsewhere, but notheless toxic. At least when it comes to certain topics. Thats my personal impression and you can do with this post as you please. But I think thats why a lot of people stay out of it and prefer other plattforms like reddit. And while Roland might not see it from where he stands, but people like to be treated with respect, even if they have another opinion and don´t like the direction this game goes. And he often shows non. This is not a personal attack on him or other mods, its only my perception.

I don't know if you're being serious or not as this does happen on occasion among friends, but if you are being serious, then maybe you should keep that to yourself. Being a moderator isn't easy and because they're probably not being paid to do it, they have no reason to do a good job other than for their love for the community and game. They definitely don't deserve seeing hate comments. If you have a problem with a moderator, talk to them about it. If things don't get better with them, then report them to a dev or something. But never make it public. And never get offended or take things personal if you receive a warning or infraction... it's your own fault for breaking the rules, they're just doing their job.

Lol, no I wasn't serious mate! Hehe.

- - - Updated - - -

I hate Roland!

...did I do that right? :)

(He was def joking fox)

Did you sample some good rocks for me?

No kidding.

I thought Washington DC was dumb, but then I went to Hawaii.

I have to ride my motorcycle with a helmet cam at all times just for my own safety and as evidence because hit and runs are very common here, and the cops are of course useless. I get cut off or tail gated or something just as stupid every single time I go out during the day, which is why I try to avoid it because at least at night, the drunks and druggies are more predictable and there's far less traffic, giving me room to evade them. I even had a jeep try to run me over at moderate speeds once and then fight me after I avoided being run over... to this day after reviewing the footage hundreds of times, no one knows what I could have done to upset him, luckily, I was able to get away without harm to me or my bike.

Bad drivers are everywhere because the laws are a joke. We pretend like a driver's license is a privilege and not a right, but clearly any idiot can get one and even keep it.

I did steal one, yes. The hardened granite lava was exceptionally beautiful and alien.

Whatever the pointy jabby lava rock flows that ran through them were equally weird, just not beautiful.

Oh ♥♥♥♥, you done goofed. There is a really famous curse around taking rocks off the island. Look it up, the post offices in Hawaii receive thousands of rocks from people every year. They return them in droves apparently.

Oh ♥♥♥♥, you done goofed. There is a really famous curse around taking rocks off the island. Look it up, the post offices in Hawaii receive thousands of rocks from people every year. They return them in droves apparently.

lol, curses... funny.

Archived