0XP RolMod A18

Roland

Well, calculate say x number of the hit cvar, so maybe 1000 hits equals a skillpoint. The onSelfDamagedOther only applies to zombies you specify.

You'll need to make a bm list (copy paste the entities to have bm versions and update the gamestages to use those bm versions instead).

A few additional moving pieces, but completely doable.

How interested are you in this aspect?

Would that not break pretty badly base on the weapon used?

I mean, pulling out the smg would net a LOT more progress then using a sledge in that case. Or even junk turrets.

Why does activating a quest not accomplish this or can you not activate a quest based on BM?

I mean, pulling out the smg would net a LOT more progress then using a sledge in that case. Or even junk turrets.

Why does activating a quest not accomplish this or can you not activate a quest based on BM?

Being able to activate a quest on a blood moon event is exactly what I’m waiting for to be hooked up. 👍

Yeh, probably true. Would need to be balanced by weapon type.

And still you bite my ass of for saying it might be...... Good job and good bye. That is to you and not to the forum as you wrongly states I have said.. Still love your mod though if you ever get around to touch up the last pieces.

Why did you #FakeNews his actual quote?

Interested but....it will have to remain abandoned until Spring Break at the least.

Left out a key piece of info there. By your logic every time Pimps release an alpha they abandon the game. Im very sure Roland is committed to his mod but it gets tiring updating for every single patch. Dont be surprised to see some more overhaul modders take longer breaks in between experimentals as well.

Post gold is where the true modding will be at. Until then dont take this stuff that seriously.

And still you bite my ass of for saying it might be...... Good job and good bye. That is to you and not to the forum as you wrongly states I have said.. Still love your mod though if you ever get around to touch up the last pieces.

I knew I should have put the "abandoned" in quotes....

Anyways.....goodbye.....Until our next encounter.

• 3 weeks later...

Update: Added Laz Man's Horde Night Vanguard Quest

So this past week Laz and I have been involved in a conversation about rewards for hord night. I mentioned that especially in this mod there really is no incentive to participate in horde night because there is.....0xp.  Of course, if you just like the challenge of it then of course that is incentive enough. But I have always wanted to be able to award a bonus skillpoint for participating directly in horde night and I was just waiting for the hooks to be enabled so I could do it.

Well, Laz don't wait for no hooks. He figured out an ingenious way to workaround that and created this quest and graciously allowed me to include it in my mod. So here is how it works:

After doing the tutorial quest you will be given the White River quest for your first trader and now you will also be given the Vanguard quest. This quest awards a skillpoint for killing 100 bloodmoon zombies. Only bloodmoon zombies spawned during the blood moon will count. Once you reach 100 the quest starts over automatically to count towards your next 100. In the beginning it might take 2-3 horde nights to fulfill the quest but later in the game you might fulfill 2-3 of these quests on one horde night.

I also increased the lootdrop chance for these horde night zombies so that also will add another incentive to participate. 

Please give me feedback regarding this amazing new addition to 0XP. Is 100 too much? too little?  Are the loot drops too much? (I didn't notice them being that much better personally but I upped regular zombies to 15%, ferals to 20%, radiated to 25%, and demolishers to 40% in a moment of crazy abandon....but not sure if it is working properly.)

Finally, you can only get the quest by doing the tutorial so if you want to try this out then...you gotta start over. Sorry.  Laz included an admin item to give the quest to yourself or someone else if it bugs out or you don't want to start over. Even better!

18 minutes ago, Guppycur said:

I swear this project was abandoned...

Kidding aside when I saw it I thought of your mod. Glad it was collaboration of sorts.  

Collaboration of sorts. I made all the demands and wishful thinking and Laz came up with the solutions and made all the code. :)

There was one point of conflict between his modlet and mine and I did manage to fix it on my own. Figured I could at least do that....lol

I saw your note about only getting the quest from after the tutorial.  I did include an admin item to give the quest to a player just in case the quest bugged out or was cancelled by accident (also allows for the quest to be given to those with existing saves :) ).  Feel free to use if you didn't know.

3 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

I saw your note about only getting the quest from after the tutorial.  I did include an admin item to give the quest to a player just in case the quest bugged out or was cancelled by accident (also allows for the quest to be given to those with existing saves :) ).  Feel free to use if you didn't know.

What is the item called? Do you select it from the creative menu or use the console?

30 minutes ago, Roland said:

Collaboration of sorts. I made all the demands and wishful thinking and Laz came up with the solutions and made all the code. :)

There was one point of conflict between his modlet and mine and I did manage to fix it on my own. Figured I could at least do that....lol

It takes 2 to tango.  If rick and joel never talked about making 7d2d during thanksgiving dinner it may have never happened...lol

2 minutes ago, Roland said:

What is the item called? Do you select it from the creative menu or use the console?

Open creative menu > click dev filter > type challenge_bloodmoonvanguard

An item that looks like a stack of papers should pop up that you can use to restart the quest. 😎👍

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, unlike them said:

Does this mod still work for A19?

Also in my base my dart traps do all the killing when bloodmoon. Do those kills count for 100 zombies quest?

Think I remember reading it didn't work for A18, and he might update for A19. Never got around to trying it. Would love to now. Finished my underground base and transferred all my stuff, had all station smelting. Went out to loot, come back and get chunk error. My base is gone. Done with vanilla again.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived