0XP RolMod A18

Roland

Added:

Tier 1 Quest: Trader Compound Improvement: Brick Walls

Gather 560 cobblestone rocks, craft 40 flagstone blocks, place them in the trader compound, and upgrade them to brick.

Tier 2 Quest: Trader Compound Improvement: Brick Walls

Gather 980 cobblestone rocks, craft 70 flagstone blocks, place them in the trader compound, and upgrade them to brick.

Tier 1 Quest: Trader Compound Improvement: Campfire

Fetch a cooking pot, craft a campfire, and place them together in the trader compound

Tier 2 Quest: Trader Compound Improvement: Forge

Find or Craft an anvil, craft a forge, and place them together in the trader compound

Changed:

Increased the gamestages multiplier upward slightly.

Please note that these quests are on the honor system and can be cheated. You can place the blocks and workstations anywhere and still complete the quest. You can ignore including the pot and the anvil and still complete the quest. The spirit of the quests is to upgrade and improve the trader compounds but....play however you wish :) I will have more trader improvement quests ready to go after A18 drops but I thought I would include these now to test and see what feedback there is on them. I'm also open to help in order to force the placement of these things within the trader compound (for those who have no honor). I'm also open to improving the quests in any way possible so please post your thoughts if they are too tedious or too much for a tier 1 and 2 quest....etc.

Final note: If you are not playing with unprotected traders you will want to delete these trader improvement quests from your mod folder. Open the folder Roland's Trader Finder Quest and go into the configs folder and open the quests xml. The first section is the trader finder quest which you can keep. Everything that follows can be deleted since none of it will work if your trader POI is protected.

Be careful not to delete the final </configs> line!!!

First Mod me and the son have tried. Absolutely love it, had to change the way we play somewhat and had multiple deaths on first 4 attempts.

Really enjoying the challenge and change of pace, looking forward to giving this a go with the A18 perk trees and books.

Trader quest line is fun, unprotected Traders was an eye opener, died 3 times in traders.

We have ended up dropping level down one from default and put Zombies on 50% block damage, run at night, just while we get into the swing of things but it is fun and that's the main thing. Great Job Roland and those others that contributed.

I was thinking of reducing the tier 1 quest to 30 blocks instead of 40. I happened to have my trader spawn in the desert and gathering cobblestone for 40 blocks has seemed more tier 2-ish....

Then I would do 60 blocks for tier 2 and then upgrade 50 blocks to cement for tier 3

What did you think?

I make my mod for myself and for like-minded people. I don't care about the others.

Although i sometimes, too, listen to ideas, but only those whom already liked the that i made, outside people never see the whole situation.

By the way, i noticed that it is better to first make and then ask. People will tell you if something is wrong.

How nice to be clever for you, Roland :D

Found it fine Roland but I was in snow zone and had trader Hugh, it not really that hard to get cobble stone even in desert if you do a few poi camps. We are really enjoying the change of pace.

Takes a few goes through to get accustomed to the bigger herds, more roaming zombies and to change mindset from XP gathering but we are finding it fun which is the main goal surely of any mod/game.

I was thinking of reducing the tier 1 quest to 30 blocks instead of 40. I happened to have my trader spawn in the desert and gathering cobblestone for 40 blocks has seemed more tier 2-ish....

Then I would do 60 blocks for tier 2 and then upgrade 50 blocks to cement for tier 3

What did you think?

30 and 60 seem fine, I would say 60 concrete for tier 3 as it is 2 skill point reward and if we were gathering cobblestone at POI then we would already have concrete to do the job so it's a quick win.

• 4 weeks later...

Added: Random drop of 0-3 scrap brass resources when harvesting destroyed stone. This modlet is completely standalone so can be deleted or taken by itself without causing any issues. You can easily change the numbers for a different result.

Modlet name: Get off Your Brass

• 4 weeks later...

I will update it for A18 but with some changes. I won't need to mod out the level gates because those are gone naturally now. I am dropping vulnerable traders for now as it is just too janky and too difficult for me to update each alpha. Once the game goes gold I will look at it again because I definitely eventually want crap like invulnerable areas out of the world. I bought a fully destructible world and right now its only partially destructible.... ;)

I'm also going to hold off on increased zombie spawns for a bit. That isn't my modlet anyway and people can easily add it if they want.

So scaling it back to more of the pure 0xp features and polishing that up a bit is what I will focus on.

I will update it for A18 but with some changes. I won't need to mod out the level gates because those are gone naturally now. I am dropping vulnerable traders for now as it is just too janky and too difficult for me to update each alpha. Once the game goes gold I will look at it again because I definitely eventually want crap like invulnerable areas out of the world. I bought a fully destructible world and right now its only partially destructible.... ;)

I'm also going to hold off on increased zombie spawns for a bit. That isn't my modlet anyway and people can easily add it if they want.

So scaling it back to more of the pure 0xp features and polishing that up a bit is what I will focus on.

If I may make a suggestion, the nerdpole prevention also does more harm than good. But that might just be me, I think I used nerdpoling to safety exactly twice ( a long time ago) and it only saved me once, but while playing your mod it often was a nuiscance while building.

I agree with Victorious, besides 0xp the random get-up feature is the best part of your mod. With the increased spawn in third place, but I don't mind getting it from somewhere else.

I've been tempted to remove the XP icon from the random getter-upper but it would also remove ALL of those notifications (anything that shows up in that spot, like "+3 wood", etc), so hadn't done it.

I'm hoping a18 has a little more fluidity with the XUI stuff and it can be done more easily, but yeh I agree with Vik, it takes away from that part of the mod when the XP still shows up...

I'll tell you this though, throw in the rage zombie mod (where they get faster as they get damaged, kind of like how a18 will have it) and you don't have time to pay attention to it, so consider adding that modlet until a18 hits.

The random getter upper will definitely be in the mix I consider that part of 0xp because with 0xp there is no indicator of when they are dead except for the death animation and death noise that is different than the stun animation and noise. So with everything exactly the same and a random timer a la Guppy it is key in my mind.

nerdpoling is completely a separate mod that can easily be removed from your mod file so I will just let people do that although A18 breaks it completely so it will be offline until it is fixed by the gods.

Thx :)

I will give vanilla 18 a chance (I'm not a big moduser) but I will probably go back to your mod, since their new way is simply too grindy.

But who knows... maybe they have balanced it... although seeing MMs persistence that 2500 xp for a rare item that is otherwise worthless is too much when single zeds give more and looting only gives ~3xp... I will probably go back to your mod :D

So thx very much for updating :D

While I personally don't mind the anti nerdpoling thing (you can just double nerdpole, its just a bit slower), can you ask s1 if they can make the random getuptimers can be implemented for vanilla? Even if you can see the xp, maybe sometimes you just didn't look or are too busy to notice... and it does enhance gameplay (although a smaller or no +700xp would make it way more immersive... but thats just me :D)

Well whatever the case or anyone’s personal thoughts about nerdpoling, the Mod is completely self contained so it is easily removable if it doesn’t fit with how you play.

Plus, nerdpoling is specifically placing a block under yourself as you jump. That maneuver is absent from using two towers to elevate yourself. That ain’t nerdpoling.

• 1 month later...

Archived