0XP RolMod A18

Roland

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

0XP is now compatible with A18 with the following known issues:

The xp bar annoyingly turns red because of the new death penalty of losing xp. Since we never earn xp this red bar will never go away. It doesn't really matter but it is annoying. I tried removing the penalty but it seems to be hardcoded in or at least aspects of it are. Instead, I will be working on removing the xp bar from the HUD. Any help on how to remove the bar would be appreciated.

I've trimmed a lot of fat since A17. I was experimenting with different things but for A18 I wanted to just keep to the core idea of 0xp. So please feel free to try other modlets with this pack if you want additional features.

I do plan on increasing biome spawning soon.

0XP is now compatible with A18 with the following known issues:

The xp bar annoyingly turns red because of the new death penalty of losing xp. Since we never earn xp this red bar will never go away. It doesn't really matter but it is annoying. I tried removing the penalty but it seems to be hardcoded in or at least aspects of it are. Instead, I will be working on removing the xp bar from the HUD. Any help on how to remove the bar would be appreciated.

I've trimmed a lot of fat since A17. I was experimenting with different things but for A18 I wanted to just keep to the core idea of 0xp. So please feel free to try other modlets with this pack if you want additional features.

I do plan on increasing biome spawning soon.

You can remove the XP debt, because I did it.

I'll go find my code for you :)

EDIT: Ok, looks like they changed something. What you can do is steal the code from NewbieCoat, which is this.

<effect_group>
		<requirement name="PlayerLevel" operation="LTE" value="5"/>
			<passive_effect name="ExpDeficitPerDeathPercentage" operation="base_set" value="0"/>
			<passive_effect name="ExpDeficitMaxPercentage" operation="base_set" value="0"/>
	</effect_group>

In theory, if you just add this to buffStatusCheck01...

<effect_group>
		<passive_effect name="ExpDeficitPerDeathPercentage" operation="base_set" value="0"/>
		<passive_effect name="ExpDeficitMaxPercentage" operation="base_set" value="0"/>
	</effect_group>

...then it should stop XP debt completely. :) You can also add it directly to playerMale in entityclasses and that should work.

What is the food poisoning percentage supposed to be? So far, I have cooked 12 items (charred meat and eggs and bacon) and found 1 blue berry pie. Out of those 13 cooked food items, got sick 11 times. Seems to be a lot higher chance then 4%.

Dang....that's ironic given my recent posts...lol. You're not trolling me are you?

I never touched food poisoning. Wierd. I'll take a look.

EDIT: All the food items that are supposed to have: name="dFoodPoisoningRisk" value=".04"

like they should in their code so it was a case of the RNG getting stuck or something.

Try starting a new game using the same map and CM about 30 boiled eggs and start chowing down and see what results you get. I did in a new game and vomited twice trying to eat 30 boiled eggs (3 stacks).

If you are still vomiting a lot then for science try eating a vitamin and then eat more and see if it makes a difference.

Changed: Removed XP bar from HUD using Red Eagle's modlet made for that very purpose. Thanks to Red Eagle for permission to include his modlet in my pack.

Link please to modelet, I was going to try and figure out how to get rid of it with xml but a modlet would be a lot faster and easier. thanks in advance.

Change: Added Trolland's Moar Zombies which increases both biome spawns and wandering horde counts. Based on JrBarrio's modlet that I used for the A17.4 version. I updated it and changed it slightly so that that not only are there more zombies in general during the day, there are even more at night to simulate that the zombies are more active in general during the lunar influence. You can still move around at night but pay attention because it is crowded....

Change: Added Trolland's Moar Zombies which increases both biome spawns and wandering horde counts. Based on JrBarrio's modlet that I used for the A17.4 version. I updated it and changed it slightly so that that not only are there more zombies in general during the day, there are even more at night to simulate that the zombies are more active in general during the lunar influence. You can still move around at night but pay attention because it is crowded....

Love it! You are officially the reason I came back to the game. Vanilla is unplayable IMHO.

I did notice one thing. No skillpoints when locating trader. Intended? If so I suggest that you add a few points somewhere, starting of totally naked is hard af. Imo 5 points or so makes it a smoother start.

Added: 4 Skillpoint reward upon completion of the tutorial quest chain

In your mods folder find "Roland's Zero-xp progression" modlet and then go into the "quests" xpath file in the configs folder. You should easily see the line for giving 4 skillpoints for doing the final quest in the training quest chain. Simply change that number to whatever pleases you for a starting amount of skillpoints if you feel that 4 is either too much or too little. :)

Me and my friend are playing this mod, but whenever the 60 minutes passes, I get a skill point but my friend does not. We are both using the launcher. Any help would be appreciated.

Are you the host? I'm not sure what would cause that. The only time I've experienced not getting a skillpoint is when the SDX wasn't compiled but the launcher should do that automatically. Is your friend going up a level each day? That is also SDX so if he is also not going up a level each day then it is because for some reason the SDX isn't working. Does he have any other modlets installed? If so could you list them?

• 2 weeks later...

Roland, the mod is a big +1 for me. There's no benefit to killing random zombies if you don't have to, so I find myself just running past anyone I don't have to kill. It seems like a more logical reaction; there's no need to risk danger for no benefit. I think the risk of death is appropriately tuned. In previous games, I would put all my important stuff in a chest and go out at night to chop trees or kill random zombies for extra xp, but now I'm too scared to leave my base when death matters so much. Trollands may be a bit excessive on the zombie count, but it certainly keeps me on my toes while gathering resources, and shoutout to the 20+ count wandering horde that showed up at 9:30PM on day 7. No complaints so far.

Archived