Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

You know this would actually be a pretty cool easter egg of sorts, maybe have it connected to a perk for the int guy.

Rank 5 description of something: "All those days sitting over books and tinkering with machinery has got you yearning for risky behavior. Like, really risky behavior. Wrenches can now disable... 'live' explosives"

You’ll never know whether such an Easter egg exists unless you try it.

Neither of those would be fair to new players, and from some guys who don't play 5+ hours a day on the team they say the dogs are already nasty enough, but everyone is open to feral radiated versions that are not spawning on day 1.

yeah feral and radiated versions would be better maybe a higher chance of infection through the tiers of dogs and zombie versions of animals?

Tell me at what point do zombies get a ragdoll when falling from a height?

Does this happen during free flight for some time, or at the moment of contact with the surface?

If at the moment of contact with the surface, then it will look as if the zombie falls standing ...

When falling from a great height, a zombie could somersault while flying.

The same could be done for the player if he is in a state of free fall for more than 2 seconds. What do you think?

By the way, I noticed that in 17 Alpha, when a player falls from a great height in the state of a ragdoll, the player does not receive damage. Has it changed in Alpha 18?

he gonna die!!!!

PFFT. It was a cake walk. I even did a huge blunder. Sorry but no demolishers spawned, I got lucky, well unlucky because I wanted to feel their wrath and flee to the main base. That base would have been toast though had some demolishers showed up. TBH I like defending my main base much better, shooting guys straight down feels a little cheap and its harder to head shot because they are running around like chickens with their heads cut off.

I did run out of ammo though, and used my shotgun, which is sub par because I don't have any perks and only one mod in it, and sawed off isn't so good unless you are point blank.

PFFT. It was a cake walk. I even did a huge blunder. Sorry but no demolishers spawned, I got lucky, well unlucky because I wanted to feel their wrath and flee to the main base. That base would have been toast though had some demolishers showed up. TBH I like defending my main base much better, shooting guys straight down feels a little cheap and its harder to head shot because they are running around like chickens with their heads cut off.

I did run out of ammo though, and used my shotgun, which is sub par because I don't have any perks and only one mod in it, and sawed off isn't so good unless you are point blank.

Yeah, you would be dead if you played with 64 alive. They are not that many but they make you feel uncomfortable even with top base materials. Your Spanish castle home is not an horde base. Its a bottleneck of doom: that's why it feels like 12 are 500.

Edit: 12 alive is CHEATZ! Puzzy! lol.

Cannot wait to see it! Just making some popcorn. ;)

Speaking of demolishers (ie tough zombies), since leveling is much slower in A18, will ferals/radiateds appear later than in A17? Also, regarding the demolisher, I'm guessing he's a day 77+ horde zombie or something like that?

Cannot wait to see it! Just making some popcorn. ;)

Speaking of demolishers (ie tough zombies), since leveling is much slower in A18, will ferals/radiateds appear later than in A17? Also, regarding the demolisher, I'm guessing he's a day 77+ horde zombie or something like that?

Probably on a later day, but similar game stage. However being level 60 in A18 is more meaningful/powerful than being level 60 in 17 because of cheaper perk costs and better specialization with no level gates.

Video or it didn't happen. :)

7 Days to Die, Day 91 horde night, Alpha 18. Sorry no demolishers spawned but Madmole had another epic blunder!

#7daystodie

May I advise you invest in some fully upgraded iron hatches (not steel) above the blade traps and steel block supports in case you ever find the time to repair them during horde night?

Awesome start though! Lol

Edit: Also, if you have the time, resources, and the space, you could place blade traps on the inside area of the base, attached to the sides of the steel block supports.

Archived