Mommy! Daddy! stop fighting! <curls up in a corner and rocks back and forth>

* Wakes up *

* Hmmmm *

<curls up in a corner and rocks back and forth>

rocks

Oh yeah!

Did you also know that the term "carrots improve your night vision" was used as a secret kind of code during WWII? (I forgot all the other details however...)

It was not a code but a lie to keep the radar technology secret that the Royal Air Force had built into their planes. When asked by a newspaper how the RAF pilots shoot down bombers in the dark, they were told that the pilots eat lots of carrots.

I personally think it would make for an interesting addition. (Almost universal food poisoning.)

I don't think so. It wouldn't make sense that canned food doesn't give you food poisoning but self-cooked food does. That contradicts the general idea of progress in this game.

In order to cook your own food you first have to get the raw materials.

In the beginning it means looting nests and hunting animals. For better meals you have to do farming. That means you have to invest points in Living of the Land and you have to have a garden hoe that you have to find or make yourself.

The better the food, the more points you have to invest in Master Chef. And more and more ingredients are needed to prepare a meal.

But you can find canned food already on the 1st day.

It wouldn't make sense to find the best food in the game right from the start. In addition, canned food in the game always had disadvantages. Now suddenly the system should be turned upside down ?

I saw that someone said "smart zombies aren't immersive" a week ago.

1. Zombies aren't real anyway and can vary.

2. We have to be challenged somehow in an ever-changing voxel world.

3. The game can not support the number of dumb zombies to make the game equally difficult.

4. Since when is having smart A.I ever a bad thing?

I'd rather have the game be dynamic and a challenge where the zombies hunt you than mindlessly blow away brain dead zombies just because the developers had an idea what zombies are supposed to act like. Resident Evil 4 had "zombies" shooting guns and talking. I kinda prefer that more than zombies because it brought more to the table.

Wires serve zero gameplay purpose (you don't cut wires to disable someone's power, you interface with the powered object) so why make it confusing and have it behind a perk? I'd either leave it alone or change it so they only show when you have a wire tool out, leaning on "leave it alone" tbh.

I like the challenge of hiding the wires. I also like the look of them visible in some situations. My 2 cents...leave 'em.

I saw that someone said "smart zombies aren't immersive" a week ago.

1. Zombies aren't real anyway and can vary.

2. We have to be challenged somehow in an ever-changing voxel world.

3. The game can not support the number of dumb zombies to make the game equally difficult.

4. Since when is having smart A.I ever a bad thing?

I'd rather have the game be dynamic and a challenge where the zombies hunt you than mindlessly blow away brain dead zombies just because the developers had an idea what zombies are supposed to act like. Resident Evil 4 had "zombies" shooting guns and talking. I kinda prefer that more than zombies because it brought more to the table.

As you said there is no real rule how much a zombie can be smart. And yes since this game cannot put 100s of z, so it is ideal to have them little smart as well. But Aren't they already smart enough? They cannot shoot or something, but they can find you irrespective of where you are on horde night, or find complex path to reach you in 17.4? And since lot of things were broken, some will get fixed in a18, they get better at what they do.

Plus maybe few 100s of player are good enough that they register 2-3 death or maybe 0 in game. But I see lot of player having 40-50 deaths in single game. now developer cannot code 2 piece of code where it is smarter and where it is dumper to make everyone happy. So, I think the balance of smart is really balanced right now. Rest of AI will be when bandits come up, and I am pretty sure they are not here because of no proper AI been coded yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Wires serve zero gameplay purpose (you don't cut wires to disable someone's power, you interface with the powered object) so why make it confusing and have it behind a perk? I'd either leave it alone or change it so they only show when you have a wire tool out, leaning on "leave it alone" tbh.

I rather have them visible with wire tool, as removing wire from rendering means little less rendering objects to be done and making FPS what 0.001 better ? If so, why not?

That's it, thank you. It's too bad that everyone I tell this to dismisses it as nonsense.

Some people are the argumentative type its best just to deal with them with neutral words as you did with "thats it, thank you". ;)

I tend use words like, hmmm, i see your point, or have a nice day and not engaging that person any further lol. You can tell who a person is by the majority of there reactions they have towards others. Argumentative people just are not worth wasting good conversation on. No matter what you say to them, they are always right or they flat out dismiss others ideas. I could break down the psychology behind these people, as it is very interesting and helpful understanding how others think, but that would be getting far off topic...speaking of off topic, I'm going way of topic with this post best i steer it back on track.

I listened to all your opinions about food and poisening. You made good points and not all of us dismissed you brotha :) keep them coming

EDIT: I also looked in to your claim on carrots helping vision at night, turns out you are indeed right. For eyesight, a carrot's nutritional punch comes from beta carotene, a "carotenoid" the body can convert into vitamin A, according to T. Michael Redmond, chief of the Laboratory of Retinal Cell and Molecular Biology at the National Eye Institute in 2014 if memory serves me right. Vitamin A enables opsin proteins to form in "cone cells" and rhodopsin protein to form in "rod cells" near the back of the eye. Cone cells process light in daytime conditions, while rhodopsin does the same in dim light.

Some people are the argumentative type its best just to deal with them with neutral words as you did with "thats it, thank you". ;)

I tend use words like, hmmm, i see your point, or have a nice day and not engaging that person any further lol. You can tell who a person is by the majority of there reactions they have towards others. Argumentative people just are not worth wasting good conversation on. No matter what you say to them, they are always right or they flat out dismiss others ideas. I could break down the psychology behind these people, as it is very interesting and helpful understanding how others think, but that would be getting far off topic...speaking of off topic, I'm going way of topic with this post best i steer it back on track.

I listened to all your opinions about food and poisening. You made good points and not all of us dismissed you brotha :) keep them coming

I wasn't referring to the argumentative types. Just the, "Don't believe everything you hear on the Internet" types. :p

Thank you. (: I am personally fine with food poisoning existing in most foods, just so as long as they don't replicate yucca's 20% chance, and that it won't kill you. (Food poisoning, that is.)

i have eaten c-rations dated for vietnam ordeal.... when i was in the miltary 76-83 :) the only thing i dont play around with is dairy products and meat once opened... 3 days MAX in cold fridge.

Oh snap I did not know you were a veteran. I am as well. I served in the Army from mid 2006-december 2010. Wassup brotha! Its always weird saying this to another brother in arms but thank you for your service :). Its weird between brothers I know lol, I like to still say thank you just incase a civy has not thanked them in while. I'm assuming you served in the Navy?

Man I ate some MRE's that were dated back in the early 90s. That scared me the first few times lol..I was like yo this cannot be safe! Those MRE last forever I tell you what.

I would also like the animals to be tweaked. Far too many of them. Within the first week you have a meal (well, meals) fit for a king and all his servants.

The problem is that you can't set animals per player but only per area. In a single player game you currently have too much meat but in a multiplayer game you may not have enough meat.

The problem is that you can't set animals per player but only per area. In a single player game you currently have too much meat but in a multiplayer game you may not have enough meat.

I'm not talking of a major nerf. Just a tiny one. Maybe more animals would spawn as the world progresses, idk.

I second that. Single player tons of animals, online....not so much unless your the only one on. I have a strategy that if I'm the only one on at the time, I'll spend that time hunting as many animals as i can to stock up before other players jump on.

I could be wrong about this as I have not checked out XML files in a minute but there is a set number of max animals alive. So if, lets say 8 people are on and a max of 60 animals. 60 devided by 8 thats 7.5 animals spawning in a given area for that player. its safe to assume out of the 7, 2 might be rabbits, another 2 chickens and we all know those types are hard to spot. leaving only 1 or 2 deers or wolfs spawning for that player. animals can be rare online.

If this changed in A17 by all means correct me I'd hate to be putting out false info. The algorithm used for spawning seems the same in A17 as it was in A16.

EDIT: thankfully A18 helps address this issue by giving us that perk, or book i forget, that helps us spot animals nearby. Thus making it possible to actually hunt rabbits and the small critters we normally would not notice.

Me hell nooooo lol. I waste more ammo trying to kill rabbits and chickens than is worth it (laughing)

Running around shooting arrows in to the ground like a mad man is what it looks like when i try and hunt those small critters. :phqdefault.jpg

The only time I ever get to kill rabbits is if they stand right in front of me and don't give a sugar honey iced tea of me looming over them. :p

I'm not talking of a major nerf. Just a tiny one. Maybe more animals would spawn as the world progresses, idk.

The player progresses and not the world around him.

An approach to reduce the amount of meat per player in the early game would be to if the player had to improve his hunting skills over time to successfully kill larger animals.

Archived