Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

We nerfed single zed damage and buffed group zed damage. The result is one guy can pound for a long time and not do much damage but a group is something to worry about.

THe design changed on the demolisher, so its not that now.

What's the new design of the demolisher?

Thought on a Skyscraper Unique loot/reward.

A new, not craftable until end-game, -very- high SI Truss block.

Something that would allow larger open spaces. I think there was once a not-in-game(?) Bridge Truss or somthing like that? (might've been a mod)

Kind of fits the skyscraper theme, could be sellable for decent coin for those not interested in using them for building.

-- or hey! maybe scappable for Steel? ... Wasn't there something months back about adding more things that you'd get Steel from?

Same could be done if Elevators are ever possible. Maybe just a unique 'Elevator Parts' bit, but only found in skyscrapers.

I think we've ironed out what's off about the T5 POIs, the reward does not match the effort properly. Like Kage said the loot at the end of a T3 is pretty much the same as a T5. I did a number of T5's anyway, mostly for the experience since they are awesome POIs, but after doing each of them once I had no meaningful reason or desire to do them again. In every game afterward I would just stroll past them with no intention or motivation to bother, ever, the net gains vs the time/effort/ammo they require is out of balance as it is in A17. Very understandable since they are so new, but as a final verdict I admit they need some balance. A major loot buff of some kind, which it sounds like is in the works already, would help the situation immensely. Seems like a well covered topic at this point, that's just my 2 cents on it.

If people would read what I write they would know we improved the loot and the quest rewards for A18 and rebalanced all the POIs.

I would like to see stamina\hunger\thirst drain be tied to difficulty level so when you raise the difficulty these things get harder to manage. As it is even when I play on the hardest difficulty stamina\food\thirst are just as much a complete non issue as playing on the easiest difficulty setting. I just think it would actually help bring some kind of challenge to playing on the harder difficulties

I'm not interested in micromanaging balance at that level. You can just as easily install a mod that does this, heck one I might make.

New Stream Tomorrow Night!

Hey Survivors, we would like to invite you to join us for a special early A18 play test at 9pm CST. This will be a multi-stream on twitch with Fubar_Prime, Kumquat_tv, and Hated7dtd. Richard and Joel will be stopping by to share some A18 stories! Hope to see you there!

I'm about 100 pages behind, I know, but someone mentioned the necronomicon and I feel obligated to say the words. Klaatu verata n... necktie... nectar... nickel... noodle... Definitely an 'N' word...

Was just talking today about making a book bound in human flesh you open and a nasty horde comes, if you survive it, you get Ash's Legendary chainsaw and shotgun.

I'm 80% certain that beds that you place already work as bedrolls... or at least have in a previous alpha...

- - - Updated - - -

i get that... but 50 xp (only knowing A17 obviously) isnt even something i would click "read" for.

seeing how rare it is based on your experience, it would be worth more like... 5000xp.

You gain a nice perk, the XP is just bonus so when your inventory is full you can get rid of it and get some XP, which means future read copies aren't complete trash.

We are coding in the first version. I'm not going to say what that is because it might change 5x before we ship, so I don't want to read page after page about something that isn't even done.

Lol fair enough. Really excited for the stream tomorrow, hope you reveal some goodies.

I think including any kind of gambling mechanics in a video game is a really bad idea right now.

If we had to pay real money then yes. Micro-transactions being the impetus for all the hoopla. Gambling for in-game stuff, with in-game currency that you have to play the game for is not even close to the same thing.

The Pimps are not selling us "Dukes" to use in-game.

If we had to pay real money then yes. Micro-transactions being the impetus for all the hoopla. Gambling for in-game stuff, with in-game currency that you have to play the game for is not even close to the same thing.

The Pimps are not selling us "Dukes" to use in-game.

That is true. But one of the criticisms is that this feeds into peoples' real-life gambling addictions. They may not lose real money on it, but it's still kind of a bummer, especially since gambling mechanics really wouldn't add anything to this game.

Was just talking today about making a book bound in human flesh you open and a nasty horde comes, if you survive it, you get Ash's Legendary chainsaw and shotgun.

Cool idea. Stuff like this gives the player something unique to discover, a break in the usual pattern of procedural randomness.

More of this please

Love these types of Easter eggs. Hope it happens.

That is true. But one of the criticisms is that this feeds into peoples' real-life gambling addictions. They may not lose real money on it, but it's still kind of a bummer, especially since gambling mechanics really wouldn't add anything to this game.

My God...

...and the flashing lights can cause seizures, and the jump scares can cause laundry bills...

Who cares.

After catching up my biggest takeaway is that we can no longer use “DP” because we won’t be able to tell if someone is talking about “death penalty” or “death punishment”.

damn,

Does it matter???

Also it could stand for dumb pun. ;)

Maybe A19 we can make some other beds besides bedrolls work and possible benefits to being near them, like recovery perk or heal faster.

I was thinking about that last night with the books. Instead of reading right there, right when you find the book (who can do that lacking the luxuries of sitting down, relaxed?) take it home, read it at night where you might be able to get a higher XP because you're more comfortable in your palace.

It's coming to A18 yet. He's one of those 75 MF's.

Cool! Hang on...so, if something that was already in content lock is being redesigned, can that mean the other 70 odd bugs are also redesigns like 'redesign water for boats', 'redesign food for spoilage', 'rejig the world for 16k'? Lol

Archived