Decline in 7 Days Twitch Streamers

xXBadDreamXx

I'm in the group that wants no LBD but more randomness and even random gates. Lots more. The beaker is good, we need more of that.

The xp bar has to go and the xp popups as well. I say so and I'm speaking for the vast majority of people like Ghostlight does :cocksure:

100% agree, the xp bar is hideous and the XP pop up text too. Very arcade ish. We want gritty realistic, immersion.

FFS, who the hell did TFP hire that is pushing all these arcade ideas that came out with a17.

I've always been tought that once someone starts talking about the 'silent majority', of which they claim they are a part of, they only use such a mechanism to try to make their argumentation seem to be more important.

So.. I don't think you should use the 'silent majority'.

His post claimed A16 was a grind-fest where the player went out and did things just the grind the related perk and not because they needed to do that actual thing. He also stated A17 fixed this by making gameplay more organic and making the payer not think about XP any more and just play the game normally.

This is the first time EVER I have heard the opinion be that way round. A17 being the XP grind-fest is not silent majority stuff, it is common knowledge.

While you say I probably shouldn't be playing survival games, I greatly enjoy playing this one this alpha. I also enjoyed every alpha before this one that I have played, although this one is my favorite. I have also enjoyed playing rust and ark. So why should I stop playing them, when I enjoy them as they are?

Because you stated you HATED not finding items that you consider necessary, which to me is the very definition of survival games. The things that matter most are the things you do not have, and may never have. That's what give such games their replayability.

- - - Updated - - -

The xp bar has to go and the xp popups as well. I say so and I'm speaking for the vast majority of people like Ghostlight does :cocksure:

You need those pop-ups as this is the only way to tell if an enemy is actually dead (and not just stunned with Shotgun Messiah perk - with that perk they can lie there for 5+ seconds looking dead before they suddenly get up and attack the back line).

His post claimed A16 was a grind-fest where the player went out and did things just the grind the related perk and not because they needed to do that actual thing. He also stated A17 fixed this by making gameplay more organic and making the payer not think about XP any more and just play the game normally.

This is the first time EVER I have heard the opinion be that way round. A17 being the XP grind-fest is not silent majority stuff, it is common knowledge.

Yeah........ Based on? Your opinion? Some people in this thread? Most people on this forum? Most actual players.

Always be careful with interchanging facts and opinions.

If you want a second time you hear it (even though I've stated it many times already); I think A16 was an easy grind-fest, with this whole LBD-system. In my opinion (see), I think A17 is much less grindy.

His post claimed A16 was a grind-fest where the player went out and did things just the grind the related perk and not because they needed to do that actual thing.

This happened to me all the time and I had to "mine" with a stone axe or claw hammer to get that construction skill up in order to advance.

Just one example.

This cannot be news...

Yeah........ Based on? Your opinion? Some people in this thread? Most people on this forum? Most actual players.

Always be careful with interchanging facts and opinions.

If you want a second time you hear it (even though I've stated it many times already); I think A16 was an easy grind-fest, with this whole LBD-system. In my opinion (see), I think A17 is much less grindy.

Both could be considered "grindy" - grind essentially, roughly put, is a repetitive unpleasant activity that quickly gets old.

-I believe A17, because of its unbalanced xp sources, is more linear when it comes to leveling activities (zombie killing early game, mining late game are by far the most effective ***) and is perceived by many as more grindy for that reason.

-A16 on the other hand, compelled the player to do a variety of leveling activities because of the separate skill progressions. And even if there were ways for the activities themselves to become terribly "grindy", players would still have to do a variety of them.

I don't know which group of people is larger and it's meaningless to argue about it, but the above facts, along with the fact that many recipes have been added into leveling progression making it more essential in A17, contribute, in my opinion, to the fact that many have complained about A17 feeling grindy.

* Facts and opinions carefully separated :p

*** (let it not devolve to a discussion whether players should try to be effective or not. Strong incentives exist in leveling and since they exist, it is natural for people to try to be effective.)

This happened to me all the time and I had to "mine" with a stone axe or claw hammer to get that construction skill up in order to advance.

Just one example.

This cannot be news...

That's a balance issue and a gated issue, not a system flaw. My opinion.

well, then hear it again: While I never looked much at XP, in A16 I had to do specific actions not for in-game reasons but to cross certain gates (for example construction 20, 40, or 60?). While I reached some gates automatically by just playing normally,there always were a few I needed to do specific actions solely for xp reasons. There was a loophole by spending points on skills (really an excellent feature, no doubt about it), but really, I tried to avoid it except on occasion to get the final 1 or 2 points. Especially for low level skills it was considered a waste of precious points. And reaching higher gates like level 60 mostly through point buy was extraordinarily expensive.

In A17 the only thing that is changed by playing differently is the SPEED with which I cross the gates which depends more on balancing than on the system (more balancing is needed, but we are in experimental, remember?).

In other words, in A17 crossing gates can be done by any activity while there is a strong incentive in A16 to go out of your way and do activities for the sole intention of crossing a gate.

Now I believe you that you have a different impression: A17 progression is somewhat slower than A16 (an independant change, if they had kept the A16 perk/skill system, they could have slowed it down independently with the same effect). The xp activities are not as balanced as they need to be. And that gives you a double incentive to look for the best xp generator and use that. But one of your reasons could have hit A16 as well and the other is only a "feature" of playing experimental (I hope)

Other players put more importance on gamestage when they decide whether speeding xp gain is advantageous and come to the conclusion that the additional material they find and work they do before stronger zombies appear even out or outweigh the advantage of getting a few perks earlier. And suddenly gaining xp fast is something you really don't care anymore about.

NOTE TO TFP: For this reason weapons/mods/books should have a bigger influence on making you better than perks. Then even more people will come to the conclusion to ignore XP even if XP display is like a neon billboard advertisement for gaining XP.

Because you stated you HATED not finding items that you consider necessary, which to me is the very definition of survival games. The things that matter most are the things you do not have, and may never have. That's what give such games their replayability.

- - - Updated - - -

You need those pop-ups as this is the only way to tell if an enemy is actually dead (and not just stunned with Shotgun Messiah perk - with that perk they can lie there for 5+ seconds looking dead before they suddenly get up and attack the back line).

The things that matter most are the things you don't know :cocksure:. For me that uncertainty was a feature, like the randomness of loot.

Just one example.

This cannot be news...

Who's fault was that? ;)

Much love to you, but allowing mining xp to be gained from anything but a pickaxe or auger was on you guys. I know you didn't have the tech in place to track itemUsed at the time, but you do now so... :)

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and yes the xp popup needs to go. Or at least be easily editable.

Who's fault was that? ;)

Much love to you, but allowing mining xp to be gained from anything but a pickaxe or auger was on you guys. I know you didn't have the tech in place to track itemUsed at the time, but you do now so... :)

- - - Updated - - -

yes, Please and TY.

Lol you are a much, much more skilled player than me I am sure. You also obviously need and enjoy a much greater amount of challenge than I do. I'm a 50 year old grandma who's hand-eye coordination is not what it used to be. And who doesn't enjoy mechanics that add to the tedium I feel with no real benefit I can see (such as gun parts, sticks, and such) and who wants a feeling of at least minimal safety at my base achieved by building it securely with appropriate materials and traps for the number and type of zombies I am facing. I also play single player almost exclusively.

A group of ferals or a wandering horde of dogs and bears I didn't hear coming while mining or looting is plenty challenge and excitement for me.

We come from such different perspectives that it is obvious we will never enjoy the same kind of things.

It makes it even more amazing that TFP were able to develop a game that we are both passionate about. Hopefully it will end up being a game we can both enjoy.

Off topic but... Wait till you get to be a 71 year old grandma like me and your eyes are not what they used to be lol.

I personally love the XP Bar and the XP Pop up text.

That's fine. I'm not looking to get rid of it in your game or as it being a default setting, I would just like a way to easily get rid of it for myself.

rock on!

Who's fault was that? ;)

- - - Updated - - -

I think he was referring to leveling up construction tools to access concrete. Not xp gains.

- - - Updated - - -

Off topic but... Wait till you get to be a 71 year old grandma like me and your eyes are not what they used to be lol.

71 yr old grandma playing 7 days to die? Can I adopt you? =)

Archived