Absolutely no point now in Alpha 17

Gamer_62

I am now on day 83...Haven't needed a First Aid Kit or First Aid Bandage,Antibiotics or Herbal Antibiotics ...WHY?

Because if i'm bleeding out i just use a normal Bandage then a Painkiller and another normal bandage and i'll heal right back good as new and good to go.

I've been Infected over a dozen times but never used any thing,Just jumped on/in my vehicle and headed back to my base and did some housework and waited till i was good to go again..

Lets get this sorted ..HEY.. i mean in Alpha 16.4 i tried my best never to get hit or infected as i knew without antibiotics i was a goner.

Now i don't care who i get hit by as i know there isn't a risk ..all i need is normal bandages,painkillers and my vehicle .

All going Backwards,All getting easier

I have been watching a lot of Project Zomboid videos recently and i like how this game solves overall HP and wounds management.

Firstly, any body part can have one (or more) of various statuses from scratched, bitten, burn, bleeding, to an infected or deep wound. Each type of injury needs some type of treatment, not to mention the need to bandage wounds on specific body parts or disinfecting them with alcohol.

Secondly, if you leave the wounds, they will get worse, the same if they are not disinfected, fractures don't simply go away after a while, but need a splint.

All of this is a very complicated system of keeping up your health and could be really hard to code or use in 7DTD, but on the other hand it's pretty immersive and requires for players to treat their wounds, not simply let them "heal" in whatever state they are.

Rather than keep mucking up and reworking all game play general mechanics, maybe focus on what content is missing for an end game.

Literally, there isn't an end game. There's none. Looking for anything to help the "end game" is literally chasing your tail right now.

There is no end game. When there is, let's talk about that.

Right now, there's two game periods.

Early Game Play

And

Ongoing Game Play

There's no Mid. There's no end. Just two.

Let's actually focus on getting something that resembles an end game and then see what you tweak.

I am now on day 83...Haven't needed a First Aid Kit or First Aid Bandage,Antibiotics or Herbal Antibiotics ...WHY?

Because if i'm bleeding out i just use a normal Bandage then a Painkiller and another normal bandage and i'll heal right back good as new and good to go.

I've been Infected over a dozen times but never used any thing,Just jumped on/in my vehicle and headed back to my base and did some housework and waited till i was good to go again..

Leta get this sorted ..HEY.. i mean in Alpha 16.4 i tried my best never to get hit or infected as i knew without antibiotics i was a goner.

Now i don't care who i get hit by as i know there isn't a risk ..all i need is normal bandages,painkillers and my vehicle .

What level are you and what difficulty are you playing? Are you playing with mods? I'm level 153 and day 67 and playing on warrior difficulty. I constantly use first aid bandages. Painkillers are rare and I haven't found a 2nd beaker to make the chem station to make first aid kits. Now I face irradiated zombies all the time and still have to use first aid bandages. Air drops produce crap so I haven't been able to make a chem station to make first aid kits.

I agree with antibiotics and herbal antibiotics though. However when I saw 'you feel something coming on' I used honey to cure it. Honey is more easily accessible. I've only been in 'illness' mode once and that lasted for about 1 - 2 hours. Took an antibiotic so that might have cured it.

It gets easier the higher you level you are but at early levels it depends on the RNG.

I have been watching a lot of Project Zomboid videos recently and i like how this game solves overall HP and wounds management.

Firstly, any body part can have one (or more) of various statuses from scratched, bitten, burn, bleeding, to an infected or deep wound. Each type of injury needs some type of treatment, not to mention the need to bandage wounds on specific body parts or disinfecting them with alcohol.

Secondly, if you leave the wounds, they will get worse, the same if they are not disinfected, fractures don't simply go away after a while, but need a splint.

All of this is a very complicated system of keeping up your health and could be really hard to code or use in 7DTD, but on the other hand it's pretty immersive and requires for players to treat their wounds, not simply let them "heal" in whatever state they are.

I have 1k+ hours in PZ. Its a pretty fun game, especially with mods! The PZ health system requires some micromanagement though. Not sure if it'll work in 7D2D. Imagine being hit by a zombie dog in the arm and/or leg. Now you'll have to select either limbs and bandage it. What if it stacks? :)

Go melee horde night and then Cry more here.

This is like telling someone who complains WoW is too easy, to play it with only 1 finger. And anyone who dares to complain the game is too easy, is just simply cry babying to you.

He might have come on a little strong emotionally in his post, that part I would agree with, but otherwise he is correct in this thoughts.

I find your remark mostly unreasonable good sir knight.

Rather than keep mucking up and reworking all game play general mechanics, maybe focus on what content is missing for an end game.

Literally, there isn't an end game. There's none. Looking for anything to help the "end game" is literally chasing your tail right now.

There is no end game. When there is, let's talk about that.

Right now, there's two game periods.

Early Game Play

And

Ongoing Game Play

There's no Mid. There's no end. Just two.

Let's actually focus on getting something that resembles an end game and then see what you tweak.

I'm not saying you are wrong, but I think it is helpful to elaborate on what end game is. What are you looking for to be added?

I'm not saying you are wrong, but I think it is helpful to elaborate on what end game is. What are you looking for to be added?

Man... Open World and Sandbox as game design and there's supposed to be an End Game? lol. The only thing I've heard TFP hint at for real End Game material, is Bandits and a Bandit Boss.

That aside...

If TFP want's to end it there, I think it's a great place for modders to step in. Like... an amazing place. So all I can tell you is my personal wishlist, which, some modders have already worked on in A16 to a degree.

Personally, the end game I want is...

* Have real survivor NPC's put into the game. That move and function and do stuff. Then have the capability to "Save Them All" by building entire towns, with the help of the NPC's (even passively). Setup NPC's as guards and all kinds of stuff to manage horde nights. Would be awesome to save an NPC early game and use essentially as a turret. But replace with a real turret down the line so that you don't have to "risk" losing your NPC's. Could have a goals to save 5, 10, or 100 NPC's. who knows.

* Defeat the Bandit Boss of course.

* And find a major complex where you can obtain like a formula to end the zombie's (ultimately stops the horde nights all together).

* Build a dispersal machine that ticks up horde nights even stronger or makes the horde come nightly.

* Then disperse the formula to the winds... "curing" the zombie disease. Or even just vaccinating everyone so no more zombies can be created. Then you could also add to that that Volumes are destroyed after clearing a POI once dispersed.

* Add to that that so long as a POI has a volume, you still will get world spawning zombies and wandering hordes. But slowly you could actually clear a map. Suddenly an 8k x 8k map seems way better than a 16k x 16k map.

lol. That's just some idea's. But until we have something more than "Bandits" out of TFP, we got no end game nor one in sight.

Survivor NPC's would be fantastic. I haven't heard anything about them as a consideration though. Has TFP's every mentioned any sort of "endgame" other that surviving as many days as you can?

The only end game I can recall being mentioned is the Bandit Boss Guy that's I guess a part of the future bandit content.

I don't see it that way. If I had a level 1 infection in Alpha 16, I would have walked around with it all day without it bothering me. It took forever for it to become a stage 2 infection. In the base I swallowed antibiotics and immediately the infection was over.

Now a stage 1 infection is already a cause for concern. A few minutes later it can already become a stage 2 infection and this hampers you massively. The stage 3 infection doesn't kill you but it takes so much life out of you that a zombie just has to nudge you to kill you. You also don't know if an antibiotic is effective or not because it is random if it cures the infection or not.

There's no guarantee that an antibiotic will actually cure the infection. I've already had stage 2 infections that have become stage 3 although I've swallowed an antibiotic.

I mean, if you looted at all in 16.4, a stockpile of antibiotics would come naturally. It was rare that I would have to actually worry about it. The way it is now actually has an impact on gameplay unless you're always carrying antibiotics.

I think a few are missing the point here.. What im saying is :-

I could mod out (scrap/Delete) Antibiotics, Herbal Biotics, First aid Kits ,First aid Bandages, Aloe vera plants NOT NEEDED in the game now to survive ..I don't use or need them..so even if i had a stockpile what good are they.

Antibiotics and Firsts aid kits used to be the golden ticket when i found then...Now i drop them

aloe vera plants not needed..i used to race to find a desert to collect these

I think a few are missing the point here.. What im saying is :-

I could mod out (scrap/Delete) Antibiotics, Herbal Biotics, First aid Kits ,First aid Bandages, Aloe vera plants NOT NEEDED in the game now to survive ..I don't use or need them..so even if i had a stockpile what good are they.

Antibiotics and Firsts aid kits used to be the golden ticket when i found then...Now i drop them

aloe vera plants not needed..i used to race to find a desert to collect these

The healing perk does make these less important (and maybe another perk or two), but as somebody pointed out, they remain fairly useful/important for melee fighters. Obviously, a sniper will not need as many. I've slogged through some tough POIs and a busy horde night, and first aid/aloe have saved my life. (I think the infection debuff is broken. It will return, and it will be a bitch. Even for just the few minutes that I have been infected, the stamina drain is killer.)

I'm confused....instead of carrying a stack of FA bandages or FA kits....you instead take up TWO inventory slots and THREE times the applied items to use bandage, painkiller, bandage?

Seems like FA bandages would be easier...especially with how easy it would be to grow a few aloe.

I'll agree the infection seems neutered....but that baseline infection, with basically double stamina costs on everything can cripple you for it's duration...the problem is that antibiotics take time to work, and the infection goes away within a couple minutes anyways, so the antibiotics just don't do anything...by the time i get back to base and take my antibiotics, 3 out of 5 minutes are gone by anyways (because everything is so laborious while infected) and then i take the antibiotic and wait a minute or two...out of the 2 minutes the infection naturally has remaining anyways...to be healed...

I think the whole "illness and curing" system needs some kind of tweaking or reworking. Examples below:

- I get food poisoning and lose my max health. Solution: apply bandages to "non-existent wounds".

- Same with max stamina. Solution: eat some food to regain it, even considering the constant loss, if you have big enough stockpile of food you don't have to have any cure for this.

My comment to the reply of my previous post: If you are being constantly bitten, just like in real life you wouldn't have time to stop the bleeding in a second. Mauled by a bear, even tougher. On the other hand, if you survive with a couple wounds, you would be able to apply proper bandages to your wounds or change them. If the bandages get dirty at some point it would give an incentive to make more bandages, not simply stockpile your cloth fragments. Of course, if you're bleeding from your wounds, the type of wounds would determine your HP loss (not your Max HP!), apart from the actual loss of HP from being hit.

Additional change i would do for health management would be to detriment max health based on specific symptoms:

1. Each wound would decrease MH based on severity (3 on minor, 5 on medium, 7 on heavy, 15 on critical). Healing would decrease this drop over time.

2. Each type of illness would decrease MH based on severity - Infection slowly decreasing until you're for example 20% MH. Food Poisoning down 20 points.

3. MH wouldn't be just a number and decrease as you get hit/wounded, but simply indicate how healthy you are. Based on previous points, if you're sick or wounded you wouldn't have full HP available. Therefore you wouldn't be able to use bandages over and over until you "heal".

I understand some of this or almost all is a concept that may be used somewhere else. We are not talking about copying a whole game, but a mechanic that is good in my opinion.

Archived