So with the adjustments to 100+ thirst etc, 110 is now thirsty?

AlyssaFaden

A little weird. Just to be clear at 150 HP you can go up to 200/150 'water', and you get thirsty at 111/150 so you have 89 points before you're being nagged.

The way I see it fortitude and agility is to up your health and stamina, slightly improving the water and food bars is just a bonus :)

Once you understand the system and how to work it, it's fine.

However, imo it makes more sense to have hunger and thirst kick in at a fixed number, not a percent. It makes the perk points spent seem more valuable. I would love it if tfp decided to make it 75 points and not 75%, It would just FEEL better.

Once you understand the system and how to work it, it's fine.

However, imo it makes more sense to have hunger and thirst kick in at a fixed number, not a percent. It makes the perk points spent seem more valuable. I would love it if tfp decided to make it 75 points and not 75%, It would just FEEL better.

I agree. I just don't think they thought it through. Does being thirsty have a detrimental effect or is it just a warning?

I agree. I just don't think they thought it through. Does being thirsty have a detrimental effect or is it just a warning?

Anything below the second number (which is 50 below your actual, 'hard' max) will reduce stamina regeneration. So just drink as close as reasonably possible to your hard max at 150/100 or whatever.

I never let it go so low as to see the thirst icon and that takes little effort. Every time there's black on your stamina bar, food is below the 'soft' max, so I eat and check on my thirst. If 20 or more below hard max, drink.

Anything below the second number (which is 50 below your actual, 'hard' max) will reduce stamina regeneration. So just drink as close as reasonably possible to your hard max at 150/100 or whatever.

I never let it go so low as to see the thirst icon and that takes little effort. Every time there's black on your stamina bar, food is below the 'soft' max, so I eat and check on my thirst. If 20 or more below hard max, drink.

Doesn't that kind of punish you for increasing your stamina?

- - - Updated - - -

Why did they raise water and food to 150, when they did raise the thirst also? Is there any difference now, how long you can live without penalties on whatever?

They raised it because people were saying that if they capped it at 100, eating food that put you over 100 was wasted and there was less reason to eat the more powerful food. just eat eggs and keep your Max at around 100. I sort of agree with them.

I can't see any downside to having the max over 100. The issue unless I'm misunderstanding, is when you increase your max stamina over 100, the level you get thirsty at also rises above 75. That doesn't seem right to me.

How? Higher max stamina ⇒ longer before hunger capping or slow recovery due to thirst actually slows you down, right?

I think I'm not understanding things then. I'm I wrong that you start to lose stamina regen when you drop to 75% of your max stamina? You start at 100 max and get a thirst warning at 75%. If you increase your max stamina to 150, you will start getting thirst warnings at 112.5%.

Assuming this is indeed true, then before increasing my stamina I could drop down to 75 without being thristy, now after increasing I'm thristy at 112.5. That doesn't seem right to me.

I could just be missing the point entirely though.

I think I'm not understanding things then. I'm I wrong that you start to lose stamina regen when you drop to 75% of your max stamina? You start at 100 max and get a thirst warning at 75%. If you increase your max stamina to 150, you will start getting thirst warnings at 112.5%.

Assuming this is indeed true, then before increasing my stamina I could drop down to 75 without being thristy, now after increasing I'm thristy at 112.5. That doesn't seem right to me.

I could just be missing the point entirely though.

You are correct, but not looking at the whole picture.

Without perks:

0-75 thirsty, 75-150 "normal" .. a buffer of 75 points for normal.

At your sample of 150 max (for thirst it's from max HP, not max sta, iirc):

1-112.5 thirsty, 112.5-200 "normal" .. a buffer of 87.5 for normal.

The way it's displayed is completely unintuitive, but funtionally it's fine. You have a bigger buffer, you'll need more water to fill it, but you have equally more to drain from.

Doesn't that kind of punish you for increasing your stamina?.

Yes, in a way. But you are getting the benefit of more stamina. In a similar way, Corn Bread restores 4 max Stam, not 4%. So if your max was 100, 25 CB is a full stomach. If your max was 120, it would take 30 CB. Or put another way you get less benefit from a single CB if your max Stamina increases. The higher your max Stam, the more you need to eat and drink when you use it, but you have more to use.

Archived