Alpha 17.1 B9 Stable bug reporting thread

The Fun Pimp

Electrical overload causes severe lag + Suggested fix (Fuse at source)

Summary: Electrical overload causes severe lag (Solar Bank, Generator, Battery Bank) [+ Suggested fix (Fuse at source).

Version: a17.1

Platform: PC

OS/Version: Windows 7

Game mode: client on dedi (NAV)

Did you wipe old saves? No

Did you start a new game? No

Did you validate your files? Yes

Are you using any mods? No

EAC on or off: On

Bug Description:

Overloading of electrical sources (Solar Bank, Generator, Battery Bank) will cause severe lag, especially for complex bases / electrical systems. This is a known issue from at least a16.

Below I have proposed a workaround to sidestep the cause of the lag.

I would like to propose an easy to implement solution to sidestep this bug:

Implement a "fuse" to each electrical source, which will auto shut off the power source upon an overload event.

Along with the auto shutting off of the electrical source, I would recommend that the game plays a sound cue (i.e. electrical zap, not too loud) to alert nearby players of the fuse tripping, as well as a text indicator letting surrounding players know that the fuse has tripped. A quick tutorial / tip showing up the first time upon the fuse tripping would help new players understand this mechanism.

To reset, the player has to find the electrical source that is off and turn it back on again manually.

I would like to recommend that the reset does not cost any resources to "fix", as modern electrical appliances and houses typically have reset-able fuse(s).

Ideally a visible indicator on the electrical source would help make it easier to identify the problem.

Examples: a red light or lack of a power indicator light, electrical "zaps" shown on the device zapping or Alternatively a lightning symbol popup floating shown above the device.

This will not fix the cause of the lag, but will allow the devs to sidestep the issue while allowing players to design bases and electrical systems however they want without worrying about lag inducing overloads.

Reproduction steps:

Wire up a solar bank (with cells) to a battery bank (with batteries), then connect as many downstream electricity consuming objects as possible until the power drawn exceeds the solar bank's generation capacity. The more complex the wiring involved (many relays/timers/sensors) the worse the lag induced. Installing multiple solar banks, battery banks and generators in the same area will help increase the lag and make it ... more noticeable.

Actual result:

Once electrical power drain exceeds generation capacity of electrical sources (Solar Bank, Generator, Battery Bank), the game will noticeably increase in lag. Extreme cases/electrical setups will drop game frame-rates to < 1fps and make it impossible to move. If memory serves me right, overloads in a16 would cause the game to "randomly" un-power devices connected to the power source until the power drawn drops below the generation capacity. Unfortunately this recalculation (or at least back in a16) keeps re-occurring, as each device turned "off" would trigger another round of recalculations.

Expected result:

Electrical power drains exceeding generation capacity should in real life, trip a fuse and cut off electricity.

In-game, we would expect the electrical system upon overload to also shutoff, or at the very least not lag.

My apologies if the above suggested fix has already been bought up before, or difficult to implement.

Thank you, will look into this.

-Hated

Summary: Solar panels may sporadically work at night.

Version: a17.1

Game mode: client on dedi (both RWG and NAV)

Did you wipe old saves? No

Did you start a new game? No(a17.0)

EAC on or off: On

Bug Description:

Solar Panels may sporadically work at night, especially horde nights.

The solar panels seem to generate electricity based on ambient light levels? I noticed power being generated during horde nights with a brightly lit sky, as well as when lightning happens. It could have been a coincidence however.

If the solar panels do indeed generate power based on ambient light conditions in-game, I would like to recommend that they turn on/off along with the night/morning audio cues (or upon re-logging/loading the region upon entering, do a quick calculation to determine on/off state once only).

Reproduction steps:

Install a solar bank, hook it up with a load, watch the generated watts during the night, especially on horde nights.

Actual result:

Solar Banks may generate power sporadically during nights.

Expected result:

Solar Banks should stop generating power upon the transition to "night", then resume generation once morning arrives. Ideally the change should happen with the in-game day/night server set hours when the audio cues are played to indicate the day/night change.

Thank you, looking into this.

-Hated

Summary: Bob the Angry Flower frowns on your shenanigans// typo in extract

Version: 17.1 b9

OS/Version: Win7 64-bit server, Win10 client

Game mode: Client on dedicated server, RWG

Did you wipe old saves? No (b240 world)

Are you using any mods? Yes, none related to punctuation; just UI tweaks

EAC on or off: OFF

Bug Description: The description for Snowberry Extract says "Even it's side effects have side effects." Even it is side effects have side effects?

Reproduce steps: 1) read description of Snowberry Extract, 2) begin eye twitching

Actual result: Contraction for "it is" used instead of possessive form of "it"

Expected result: "Even its side effects have side effects."

Thank you, can confirm that glasses won't prevent twitching either, also reported.

-Hated

Has anyone posted an issue with the nail gun giving you nails? With it in hand and facing a door but it not showing open close and hitting open button i get a nail over and over.

(edit added comment by QA Tester-unholyjoe)

yes this has already been reported

Summary: Headshot damage multiplier is applied to dead animals

Version: 17.1 stable

OS/Version: Windows

Game mode: sp

Did you wipe old saves? Yes

Did you start a new game? Yes

Did you validate your files? No

Are you using any mods? Yes

EAC on or off ? On

Bug Description: Headshot damage multiplier is applied to dead animals.

Reproduce steps: Kill a dog. Targeting the body, harvest with a machete and count the number of hits it takes. Repeat with a fresh dog, but targeting the head. It should take the same number of hits to harvest the materials, but it doesn't.

Actual result: Animal carcass harvested more efficiently when targeting the head. Total resources harvested seem to be different, too.

Expected result: Which part of a dead body is targeted shouldn't affect how long it takes to harvest.

Goto Quest type no longer goes to correct POI as specified by id.

Summary: Goto Quest type no longer goes to correct POI as specified by id.

Version: Alpha 17.1b9

Game mode: SP Local Navezgane

Are you using any mods? Yes UI, and attached modlet demonstrating issue : [ATTACH]27386[/ATTACH]

EAC on or off ? OFF

Bug Description: The Goto quest type no longer goes to the POI as specified with the ID tag. The text will still state the correct POI, but the quest will always direct the user to a trader.

From what I can tell this makes it impossible to send quests to specific POIs now. This is a loss of functionality.

Reproduce steps:

Load modlet attached.

Open creative menu and find the 4 different GoHere quest notes.

Quest Note 1 goes to trader and works

Quest Note 2 goes to football_stadium and does not work

Quest Note 3 goes to gas_station6 and does not work

Quest Note 4 goes to cabin and does not work

Actual result: Accepting quest says to go to the right location, but always marks the trader

Expected result: Get directed to the POI the quest specified and as mentioned in the Locate text.

07817406933E1DFD232722654F53B9AA31FBE681

RELXIX_Quests_GoHere.zip

Missing items from toolbelt

Toolbelt items gone missing after relog

Did you wipe old saves? not sure not my server

Did you start a new game? on level 91

Did you validate your files? no just started game

Are you using any mods? not sure not my server

EAC on or off ? on

I just got on my bicycle then wanted to get off to get something from a chest then i got stuck couldnt move off my bike and then i had to restart the game and my toolbelt was empty all my itemes gone and i didnt die it just is no where i dont understand why this is happening and it happens alot when will their be a fix for this.

Thank you, this should be adressed in A17.2

-Hated

Summary: Vanishing Bases - All or partial

Game mode: MP Client Dedi - RWG

Did you wipe old saves? N - continue patch from b240

Did you start a new game? N - continue patch from b240

Are you using any mods? n

EAC on or off ? on

Bug Description: This has happened on 3 seperate servers in the past week. We have had several reports from players on our servers that chunks of their protected bases are resetting to day 1. (15x15 area) inside their LCB radius. I know this can sometimes happen if there is an error that causes that chunk to not save properly, and the server doesn't know what to do, so it renders the default area there. This really sucks, but players have been trying to cope with losing part of their base. Now, recently we've had entire bases vanish. In one case, the player was at his base, left to do a quest or something, came back and it was gone, reset to day 1. 2 hours later it was magically back, but the LCB was dead. We've had other bases totally vanish, but as of yet, have not returned. We have been digging in the logs and cannot find any errors that could be causing this. I have advised each of these victims to make a bug report, with whatever information they can manage, but I also wanted to make my own as well, even tho I have no supporting information to provide. To me, this is game breaking, and can easily cause a player to no longer want to play. Losing all that hard work and all their stuff for some sort of glitch.

Thank you, I am taking all the info on this, I can get so we can hopefully resolve this one ASAP. Please feel free to contact me directly on the matter, if anyone has more info.

-Hated

Summary: Vanishing Bases - All or partial

EAC on or off ? on

Bug Description: This has happened on 3 seperate servers in the past week. We have had several reports from players on our servers that chunks of their protected bases are resetting to day 1. (15x15 area) inside their LCB radius. I know this can sometimes happen if there is an error that causes that chunk to not save properly, and the server doesn't know what to do, so it renders the default area there. This really sucks, but players have been trying to cope with losing part of their base. Now, recently we've had entire bases vanish. In one case, the player was at his base, left to do a quest or something, came back and it was gone, reset to day 1. 2 hours later it was magically back, but the LCB was dead. We've had other bases totally vanish, but as of yet, have not returned. We have been digging in the logs and cannot find any errors that could be causing this. I have advised each of these victims to make a bug report, with whatever information they can manage, but I also wanted to make my own as well, even tho I have no supporting information to provide. To me, this is game breaking, and can easily cause a player to no longer want to play. Losing all that hard work and all their stuff for some sort of glitch.

Thank you, I am taking all the info on this, I can get so we can hopefully resolve this one ASAP. Please feel free to contact me directly on the matter, if anyone has more info.

-Hated

I was one of those affected here.

on Wed Jan 23rd 4:24 pm MST I got a message that our base had been repainted, and was now back to natural land and we had lost everything.

There was a live LCB under it, so it should not have been painted.

Later that day at 7:47 MST, The old area was back, but the LCB was inactive and had to be replaced.

Summary: Base disappeared and the land was wiped, and the base and work reappeared later.

Version:b9

Platform: (PC or Mac) PC

OS/Version: Windows/Linux/mac

Game mode: MP Client on Dedi - RWG

Did you validate your files? (Yes/No) No

Are you using any mods? Yes - CBSM & BCM

EAC on or off? On

Bug Description: The base and a section of land around it reverted to default untouched land, then a few hours later, returned to what we had worked on before.

One of our teammates noticed it was missing at 4:24pm MST Wed Jan 23. and it returned by 7:47pm The same day.

Reproduce steps: We have not been able to reproduce it.

Press F1 to open the console, then type dbs. This will open a panel in game for you to type the bug in. Once done click ok, there will then be a SCREENSHOTS folder in the main 7 days folder.

1)

2)

3)

Actual result: (description of what is occurring)

Expected result: (what you expect to occur)

Read more: http://allnightgamers.boards.net/thread/64/bug-reporting-on-7d2d-forums#ixzz5dpAgIScR

Summary: No category for mods

Version: 17.1 B9

Game mode, N/A

Did you wipe old saves? yes

Did you start a new game? yes

Did you validate your files? yes

Are you using any mods? no

EAC on or off ? off

Bug Description: In creative mode, when "All Items" is selected, the categories (Tool/Traps, Resources, etc) do not include mods.

Reproduce steps:

Press F1 to open the console, then type dbs

This will open a panel in game for you to type the bug in.

once done click ok

there will then be a SCREENSHOTS folder in the main 7 days folder.

A17.1_2019-01-27_15-43-12.thumb.jpg.2fc56a91d6afd89d1d7f3b67deeb5d07.jpg

1) Enter Creative

2) Select All Items

3) For each category filter shown (Tool/Traps, Resources, etc),

3.1) Select category

3.2) Type "mod" in the search box

Actual result: Mods can't be found anywhere

Expected result: Mods found somewhere

Summary: Trees Planted on second floor cannot be harvested on second floor

Version:

Game mode, client on dedi RWG

EAC off

Bug Description: If you plant a tree on a roof of user-made building on top of a pillar, when trees mature you must harvest them by destroying pillar blocks on first floor then chopping the trees. You cannot chop down trees from second floor.

Reproduce steps:

1) Build square building using any block types....say 13 x 13 x 13

2) Place floor to roof pillar using flagstone blocks(block type not critical but this is what I use)

3) Go to roof and put one piece of soil, type doesn't matter, on top of pillar

4) Plant blue spruce seed on piece of soil....blue spruce gives dramatic effect compared to other seeds

5) Leave chunk for a period of time until seed grows to second stage of growth

6) Enter first floor of building, notice branches and leaves fill the first floor even though tree planted on roof

7) Go to roof and try to use axe on tree....you hit soil no matter how high on tree you try to chop

8) Go back to first floor, destroy a block midway of pillar....now you can chop down the tree in the space where the destroyed block was. As the tree falls, it attempts to rise back up to roof where planted before falling over.

Actual result: It seems that if you plant a tree on top of a user building, when it grows it snaps down to the ground rather than growing from placed soil. If you have several trees planted on a roof, your entire first floor will be filled with limbs and leaves to the point of not being able to see anything in that room.

Expected result: If you plant trees on a roof, you should be able to harvest on the roof, not have the trees grow downward.

Side note: If a player is on the roof next to the tree and another player chops down the tree via the first floor, the roof player is very often tossed off the roof. None of what I spelled out occurred before A17 and has been present in every version of A17

Thank you, continued "talk" in the screenshot ticket.

-Hated

Summary: Buried supplies quest

Version: A17.1 b9

Game mode sp RWG

EAC off

Bug Description: if you have multiple buried supplies quest when you locate the first stash you obtain multiple white river supplies, one for each BS quest you have active, the following stash had to be find in order to complete the quest but do not contain white river supplies

Reproduce steps:

1) take 2 quest buried supplies from 2 trader

2) find one of the stash

3) gain 2 white river supplies

4) go find the second stash

Actual result: if you have x quest buried supplies you gain x white river supplies from each stash

Expected result: even if you have multiple quest active you should find one white river supplies

this has been reported and fixed for future patch.

Summary: Massive Frame Drops when you looking at the Bridge

Game mode: MP/SP

Did you wipe old saves? y

Did you start a new game? y

Did you validate your files? y

EAC on or off ? y

Bug Description: Build 2 Bridge and look at her (20-30fps). Environment ~50-60fps

hi Turbiii,

can you provide more info. such as various DBS screen shots of "Bug Description: Build 2 Bridge and look at her (20-30fps). Environment ~50-60fps"

to show size, how it was built, navezgane or rwg, near any major pois, etc...

also types of blocks used to build.

built in game or thru the prefab editor.

Summary: Broken prefab reset on quest start

Game mode, SP

EAC on or off ? off

Bug Description: On quest start, the resetting of the prefab "broke" it. Half of the prefab became either air or sand (the terrain in the location). Damaging visible blocks caused adjacent "invisible" prefab blocks to turn from air back to what they were supposed to be. Cobblestone tarp blocks in the "sand" region remained, but couldn't actually be hit.

Reproduce steps:

once done click ok

A17.1_2019-01-23_17-07-43.jpg.5e86c0a83e7a4f2f79417db51b26d458.jpg

A17.1_2019-01-23_17-08-08.thumb.jpg.7f82a59932f36155054c951e41309743.jpg

1) No clue how to reproduce it. Check debug shots for seed and quest name -- if there's a way to add a particular quest on a particular prefab, I could try that on my seed, but I'm unaware of a way to do so.

It can also be seen on video

, though the video will only be published tomorrow (Jan 29th).

Actual result: Prefab blocks turned to air and sand (sounds biblical).

Expected result: No religion in my quest. I mean, prefab resets normally.

Does anyone happen tp know what causes the unabler to connect to steamworx.net error? I always end up getting it on linux, then with no changes whatsoever, I will reinstall the server and it goes away.

I get this from time to time, but it's never the server with the exception of a corrupted world, I've had a few. Restarting Steam often fixes it. In extreme case, changing to a different seed/world likewise fixes problems. Sometimes just waiting without doing anything at all works. But I've never seen anything get fixed by reinstalling the server, at least not on Linux.

The Linux client has problems from time to time telling if Steam is connected or not. I don't think that is the problem you are describing, though, because it tells you that Steam is not logged in. When this happens, Steam is working fine, and other Steam games likewise work fine. Just not 7D.

For those of you having poor performance, especially those with 6 or more cores, try this (You MUST have a Vulkan compatible GPU for this to work, that's any recent GPU, including Geforce 9xx, 1xxx, 2xxx, etc. and maybe older):

1) Grab v0.96 of the DXVK project from https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/releases

2) You will need 7zip to extract the DLLs, once you extract them, right click on 7 Days to Die in steam and click 'Browse Local Files...'

3) Copy the DLLs to this folder (the same folder as 7DaysToDie.exe)

4) Start 7 Days to Die from steam, don't run the game launcher and change anything.

Report back if you have performance improvements.

EDIT: I should add that in my own experience, on Windows it raises the minimums, so I don't get freezes/choppiness. On Linux using wine I actually got a higher framerate due to the game using both NUMA nodes of my Threadripper. All the project does is convert DX11 calls to Vulkan calls. Doing so can lead to threaded optimizations, but it doesn't work for every game. It does happen to work quite well for 7 days to die. In the desert biome I get over 100fps at times. We are talking maxed out settings, everything cranked up.

Summary: Duplication of Items in Containers that are Destroyed While Interacting with

Version: A17.1

OS/Version: Windows 10

Game Mode: MP Dedicated, Client

Did you wipe old saves?: Yes, new save started with 17.1

EAC: Off

Bug Description: A container that is destroyed while being looted will drop two of whatever was inside. If there was a stack of 300 wood, for example, it will drop two backpacks with 300 wood each. The container must be destroyed while it is being interacted with to work.

Reproduce steps: Place items in a garbage container. Swing a tool at it, but interact with it before the hit lands. If done correctly, the destroyed container will drop duplicates of whatever was inside the bag.

Screenshots:

1) Open container showing 400 fuel

https://i.imgur.com/zXeSkkd.jpg

2) Two dropped backpacks upon destroying open container

https://i.imgur.com/nMALGw5.jpg

3) Inventory showing two stacks of 400 fuel

https://i.imgur.com/aIKF78g.jpg

Actual result: Duplication of items in container

Expected result: Only one set of items dropping from container

Pastebin Link: https://pastebin.com/uK9CpP7k

was reported and fixed for 17.2

Summary: Game froze then crashed. When I came back my motorcycle and its contents were gone.

Version: A17.1 B9

OS/Version: Windows 10

Game mode: SP

EAC on or off ?

Bug Description: When I opened a chest in my prefab fort everything froze. Then game then crashed and when I came back my motorcycle and its contents were gone. I restarted the game and it was not able to start 2/4 times.

Reproduce steps: Since it was a random crash I have not been able to reproduce it.

once done click ok

1) I apologize I failed to get the bug report.

2)

3)

Summary: Floating Vehicles

Are you using any mods? CPM (this mod is for commands, it does not affect anything else)

EAC on or off ? ON

Bug Description: I haven't had any recent reports of vehicles vanishing since the update to 17.1, however, now we have vehicles that are floating into the air. According to the admin logs, some of them have gotten as high as almost 6000 meters off the ground, I'm not even sure how that's possible. Most of the time it is fixed when we teleport the vehicle back to the surface. Sometimes it does not, and the player has to quickly pick it up, and then place it back down, and it seems to fix.

example of the coding I see when someone's bike starts to float away:

10:22 AM INF Vehicle vehicleMotorcycle_1135855 (-1902.9, 54.8, -1856.6) out of world

For those of you having poor performance, especially those with 6 or more cores, try this (You MUST have a Vulkan compatible GPU for this to work, that's any recent GPU, including Geforce 9xx, 1xxx, 2xxx, etc. and maybe older):

1) Grab v0.96 of the DXVK project from https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/releases

2) You will need 7zip to extract the DLLs, once you extract them, right click on 7 Days to Die in steam and click 'Browse Local Files...'

3) Copy the DLLs to this folder (the same folder as 7DaysToDie.exe)

4) Start 7 Days to Die from steam, don't run the game launcher and change anything.

Report back if you have performance improvements.

EDIT: I should add that in my own experience, on Windows it raises the minimums, so I don't get freezes/choppiness. On Linux using wine I actually got a higher framerate due to the game using both NUMA nodes of my Threadripper. All the project does is convert DX11 calls to Vulkan calls. Doing so can lead to threaded optimizations, but it doesn't work for every game. It does happen to work quite well for 7 days to die. In the desert biome I get over 100fps at times. We are talking maxed out settings, everything cranked up.

It's important to point out, per the DXVK dev: "Vulkan-based D3D11 and D3D10 implementation for Linux / Wine", Windows is unsupported.

Summary: Base Partially Reset

Are you using any mods? CPM (this mod is for commands, it does not affect anything else)

EAC on or off ? ON

Bug Description: Normally when I notice a base has partially reset, it's a 15x15 square, this one, however, seems to be a rectangle.

A17.1_2019-01-29_11-50-16.jpg.d3c004882ac405b0cf0db2fccaf055c3.jpg

The player that reported the issue to me, said when he first approached, it seemed normal, then when he went inside he became stuck, and had to chop his way out. He also said afterwards, he punched a plant and a whole bunch of them started to explode/disintegrate.

I spoke to one of the builders, and they mentioned the farm around the building was behaving strangely yesterday, like they would just vanish after planting. Or what was already planted would be missing in large chunks.

A17.1_2019-01-29_11-50-02.thumb.jpg.8f6366018b6f232e9d2a37c74887cf83.jpg

Summary: Loot Extremely Poor

Game mode, SP (RWG)

EAC on or off ? off

Bug Description: Loot in the game is extremely poor for the gamestage, which makes prefab scavenging not worthwhile for players putting points into Intelligence, and seriously impacting players NOT putting points into scavenging. I didn't want to put this into an issue as it is feedback (I made related comments on the dev diary), but I've had an experience which have prompted me to do so.

First, let me state that this is not an unique experience. I've progressed even farther on Alpha 17 B240, with pretty much the same results. There, I put points into Intelligence and its perks, so the stuff I looted was pretty much useless. Better to just scrap all weapons right away, get the ammo, and sell self-made weapons to the trader. The stuff *I* used was all self-made.

On Alpha 17.1 B9, I'm playing without putting any points into Intelligence. As a result, I have no armor pieces above quality 2. I have no guns above quality 2 except for pistols and hunting rifles. My melee weapon was bought at the trader, since I didn't get anything above quality 2. That's not to say I never got anything above quality 2 -- I looted a quality 6 wrench, and quality 4 hoe, in addition to the pistols and hunting rifles. And a quality 3 magnum, I think.

And then, at gamestage 183, with Lucky Goggles on, and 4 points into Lucky Looter perk (Loot Bonus 250 according to player stats), I looted the Shotgun Messiah factory -- the factory, not the office/pub/warehouse that's more commonly found. I didn't find a single AK-47, Marksman Rifle or SMG. The only item above quality 2 I found was a quality 4 pistol. Ammunition per shotgun crate was in single digit quantities. The *whole* building gave me less than 50 7.62mm bullets.

That is not an RNG issue, since that's ballpark for every building I go into. And, even if it was bad luck, wearing Lucky Goggles and having a high level of Lucky Looter, the impact of lack of luck with RNG ought to be curtailed.

Reproduce steps:

once done click ok

1) Create new character, level up to 100, buy Perception 10, Lucky Looter 5, get Lucky Goggles from creative and wear them.

2) Advance to day 30.

3) Spawn in/Go to prefabs with large amounts of shotgun messiah or working stiff crates.

4) Loot them.

Actual result: Looted equipment on par with a level 20 character putting points into Intelligence and related skills can craft outright.

Expected result: Looted equipment on par with the needs of a level 100 character on day 3.

Summary: Friendly fire with burning shaft modded sledgehammer

Game mode: MP Dedi on windows

EAC on or off ? Off

Bug Description: Hitting a member of Party and Ally with a Sledgehammer with Burning Shaft Mod will occasionally knock struck player to ground and catch him on fire. Damage is taken.

Reproduce steps: Ally and party with somebody, repeatedly attack said member with Sledgehammer with Burning shaft mod.

Actual result: Randomly knocks out ally/party member, sets him/her on fire, and does damage

Expected result: Nothing

Tested verified and reported , thank you , Twigg

Thank you, this will be fixed in an upcoming patch already.

-Hated

Game mode, SP (RWG)

EAC on or off ? off

Bug Description: Loot in the game is extremely poor for the gamestage, which makes prefab scavenging not worthwhile for players putting points into Intelligence, and seriously impacting players NOT putting points into scavenging. I didn't want to put this into an issue as it is feedback (I made related comments on the dev diary), but I've had an experience which have prompted me to do so.

First, let me state that this is not an unique experience. I've progressed even farther on Alpha 17 B240, with pretty much the same results. There, I put points into Intelligence and its perks, so the stuff I looted was pretty much useless. Better to just scrap all weapons right away, get the ammo, and sell self-made weapons to the trader. The stuff *I* used was all self-made.

On Alpha 17.1 B9, I'm playing without putting any points into Intelligence. As a result, I have no armor pieces above quality 2. I have no guns above quality 2 except for pistols and hunting rifles. My melee weapon was bought at the trader, since I didn't get anything above quality 2. That's not to say I never got anything above quality 2 -- I looted a quality 6 wrench, and quality 4 hoe, in addition to the pistols and hunting rifles. And a quality 3 magnum, I think.

And then, at gamestage 183, with Lucky Goggles on, and 4 points into Lucky Looter perk (Loot Bonus 250 according to player stats), I looted the Shotgun Messiah factory -- the factory, not the office/pub/warehouse that's more commonly found. I didn't find a single AK-47, Marksman Rifle or SMG. The only item above quality 2 I found was a quality 4 pistol. Ammunition per shotgun crate was in single digit quantities. The *whole* building gave me less than 50 7.62mm bullets.

That is not an RNG issue, since that's ballpark for every building I go into. And, even if it was bad luck, wearing Lucky Goggles and having a high level of Lucky Looter, the impact of lack of luck with RNG ought to be curtailed.

Reproduce steps:

once done click ok

1) Create new character, level up to 100, buy Perception 10, Lucky Looter 5, get Lucky Goggles from creative and wear them.

2) Advance to day 30.

3) Spawn in/Go to prefabs with large amounts of shotgun messiah or working stiff crates.

4) Loot them.

Actual result: Looted equipment on par with a level 20 character putting points into Intelligence and related skills can craft outright.

Expected result: Looted equipment on par with the needs of a level 100 character on day 3.

I second this but will go one step further.....I have all 5 Lucky Looters and Lucky goggles and rarely get anything over quality 1, if I do it might be a rare green item. This has occurred on multiple maps, multiple servers. Feels similar to the bug in A16 when Quality Joe was broken.

<snipped for space>

I second this but will go one step further.....I have all 5 Lucky Looters and Lucky goggles and rarely get anything over quality 1, if I do it might be a rare green item. This has occurred on multiple maps, multiple servers. Feels similar to the bug in A16 when Quality Joe was broken.

+1

Level 1-2 quality guns and weaponry is mostly just scrapped at this point when I can make lvl 6 everything (either for use or sale). At least if the possibility of more than 1 candlestick, or 5 bullets was also possible with better 'Luck'...

Archived