Alpha 17.1 B9 Stable bug reporting thread

The Fun Pimp

Hey Survivalist,

We’ve just released Alpha 17.1 B9 Stable.

Alpha 17.1 B9 Release Notes

As always TFP is interested in all constructive criticism and feedback, but what we're really looking for in this thread are the following:

• Show stopping game play bugs (Hopefully with reproduction steps)
  • Crashes (Try and get reproduction steps and post your output_log.txt files - usually found here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data\output_log.txt - directly in your forum post. Note: You will find all output_logs time stamped there, even from old games. You can also attach your zipped up crash dump file too.)
  • Chunk Generation Bugs. People please give us the coordinates of where they were in the world when they run into a chunk generation error plus the game seed. Copy and pasting the error alone and the output log is not sufficient to help with a fix.

Here's how to opt in and play the latest experimental branch.

Open your steam client.

1. Click on Games/View Games Library

2. Right click ‘7 Days to Die’ and select properties

3. From the new popup dialogue box select the ‘BETAS’ Tab

4. Under ‘Select the beta you would like to opt into’ latest_experimental

The game will then update and download the latest experimental build Alpha 17 Experimental

Switching back to the latest main stable build is as easy as repeating steps 1-4 and on step 4 choose the option ‘None – Opt out of all Beta Programs’ and you’ll revert to the latest stable build.

Cheers Richard

BUG REPORTING FORM

Please use this form to report bugs, Testers will then respond, if the form is not used we will assume you are just chatting to each other

Summary: (short description of bug)

Version:

Platform: (PC or Mac)

OS/Version: Windows/Linux/mac

Game mode, mp host/mp client/sp /client on dedi (RWG or NAV)

Did you wipe old saves? (yes/No)

Did you start a new game? (Yes/No)

Did you validate your files? (Yes/No)

Are you using any mods? (yes/No)

EAC on or off ?

Bug Description:

Reproduce steps:

Press F1 to open the console, then type dbs

This will open a panel in game for you to type the bug in.

once done click ok

there will then be a SCREENSHOTS folder in the main 7 days folder.

1)

2)

3)

Actual result: (description of what is occurring)

Expected result: (what you expect to occur)

[Attach bug screenshot and output log for ALL bugs please]

Pastebin how to video,

Pastebin link , https://pastebin.com/7wLyjkTT

your output log files are in C /steamLibrary/steamapps/common/7Daystodie/7daystodiedata/ you will find a list of ol logs, the last one being the most recent.

also when taking a screen shot you can use the debug info, go into dm mode ( Type dm in the console ) Type dm to turn it off again

Press F3, that will bring up the debug overlay, you will need to press f3 twice to close it.

If you use the f3 feature no need for cords in the screen shot as they are in that info.

Alpha 17.1 Release Notes

Summary: Client always reloads the map from the server.

Version: A17.1 b9

Platform: PC

OS/Version: Windows 10

Game mode: client on dedi RWG

Did you wipe old saves? yes

Did you start a new game? Yes

Did you validate your files? Yes

Are you using any mods? No

EAC on or off ? on

Bug Description:

Really stable ???

So many bugs in the game and then stable?

Client always reloads the map from the server.

The server does not create a new map or change anything about it.

An output log and a serverconfig file is very helpful in situations like this. - Schwanz9000

Summary: Client always reloads the map from the server.

Version: A17.1 b9

Game mode: client on dedi RWG

Did you wipe old saves? yes

EAC on or off ? on

Bug Description:

Really stable ???

So many bugs in the game and then stable?

Client always reloads the map from the server.

The server does not create a new map or change anything about it.

A 17.2 is coming 17.1 is better than 17

Summary: shooting supply crates ( air drops) results in errors in console

Version: 17.1 stable

OS/Version: Windows

Game mode: client on dedi (RWG )

Did you wipe old saves? (yes)

Did you start a new game? (Yes)

Did you validate your files? (Yes)

Are you using any mods? (yes)

EAC on or off ? On

Bug Description: shoot an air drop with weapon results in errors in console, does not effect game play

Reproduce steps:find an air drop or spawn one and shoot it.

1) https://imgur.com/a/Nycim3V

2)

3)

Actual result: particle error

Expected result: no errors, massive exploding wood, and tears of sadness from players seeing loot go poof

(edit added comment by QA Tester-unholyjoe)

verified and reported

Just a quick Note:

OK ..A 17.1 Stable b9 .. Not so stable … (Did not start a New game from A17.0 B240 Stable)

1 .. My .. Traders Gate .. is LOCKED and I had to jump the fence to get in, SO I could finish a quest Line …. Middle of the Day about 12:34 on SP

2 .. Plus .. Lands claim block was broken and My bed was Gone (This has happened on each update)

- - - Updated - - -

Known Issues

Continued b240 savegames may have problems with food/water levels when a replenishing buff was active when game is continued in A17.1, character’s death restores functionality.

I am having this same issue even after starting a new game save in 17.1. I eat and my food goes up past 100, but my max stamina stays at 99. I ate glass, respawned, and ate but my max stamina still refuses to go past 99. /:

Edit: Sorry. New to this forum. Fixed my response to include the quoted posted I meant to respond to.

Summary: Motorcycle (and possible other vehicles) have no sounds when going slowly up steep mountains

Version: 17.1 B9

Game mode: mp client on dedi (RWG)

Did you wipe old saves? No, but dont think it matters for this issue

Did you start a new game? -

EAC on or off ? EAC on

Bug Description:

When going up steep mountains the motorcycle becomes silent which is a bit awkward and I see it as a bug

Reproduce steps:

Go up a steep mountain on a motorcycle (or possibly any other vehicle)

Sorry, could not repro this. I tried the minibike and the motorcycle on a dedi. - Schwanz9000

Known Issues

Continued b240 savegames may have problems with food/water levels when a replenishing buff was active when game is continued in A17.1, character’s death restores functionality.

I thought I read something about that, oddly enough after eating about 4 times and some amount of traveling, my max stamina started acting correctly in relation to eating.

Summary: Silencer not working on Marksman and AK and any other gun/rifle

Version: 17.1

Platform: (PC)

Game mode, SP

Did you wipe old saves? YES

Did you start a new game? YES

Did you validate your files? YES

EAC on or off ? ON

Bug Description: Silencer does not silence weapon

Reproduce steps: be lvl 300 - skill everything for rifels until MAX, even ninja / steahl => max.

Get yourself a lvl6 marksman and AK47 - add decent mods to weapons and a silencer.

Focus / aim Z's and try to "sneak-kill" them - notfice on every shot you'll be 100% visible and make a lot of noise.

=> Silencer does not work as it should

Actual result: Silencer Mod is useless

Expected result: Silencer supresses noise effectively

Agreed and reported to the devs. Thanks for your report! - Schwanz9000

This latest version continues to crash after 15min in Mac Mojave OS.

A workaround for this problem has been posted, I think I read it yesterday. Shouldn't be too hard to find :)

Edit:

Here you go! https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?101758-Found-workaround-for-constant-crashes-on-Mac

Edit 2:

Is anyone ever reading the patch notes? This fix is even linked there, as well as comments on the stamina issue which is solved by dying once :)

Summary: Chest Duping still possible

Version: 17.1

Game mode: MP - dedicated Server

Did you wipe old saves? YES

Did you start a new game? YES

Did you validate your files? YES

EAC on or off ? ON

Bug Description: Dupe any Item with Chest

Reproduce steps:

Create any Chest -> Put any items in -> leave chest -> wait a short moment -> enter chest again -> pick all items by "SHIFT CLICK" -> DON'T quit container -> Switch to Desktop and Kill Client Process

Rejoin dedicated server - notice all Items are in your Inventory AND in the chest!

Actual result: Dupe/Cheating any Item

Expected result: not able to dupe / cheat at all ...

known issue and already reported

Summary: Massive game destroying bug with the Minibike

Game mode: Single Player on RWG A17.1

Did you wipe old saves? Yes

Are you using any mods? Yes

EAC on or off ? Off Single player

Bug Description: Jumped a mountain on a minibike full throttle (holding shift) and landed on side of another hill that was almost vertical. The game then rubber banded me and I saw another minibike about 40 meters up the road just flying by. I tried getting off the mini bike I was on and the game kept rag dolling me while my mini bike just kept going. It would update my position to where my mini bike was while it was driving itself every time I'd rag doll.

I exited the game and when I started back up I couldn't move at all and my hot bar was gone. I could still open my inventory but using items did nothing. I then typed dm in console to enable it and flying and god mode did nothing. It was like I WAS the minibike. I opened up my map and tried to teleport away and again nothing. Then I scrapped a jar and ate the glass and nothing again. I tried verifying my files and restarting but it would always do the same. I ended up just deleting the save because I couldn't do anything, no screenshots, output logs. I couldn't even exit the game without alt+F4.

It killed my save completely 17.1

Also on my map I seen there where TWO minibikes, the one I was at, and one about 100 meters away. Single player game.

Reproduce steps: Jump a mountain and land on side of mountain.

once done click ok

1) Couldn't do anything while in game.

2) Here is a video that explains it. Just imagine a minibike instead of a skateboard, The minibike was sideways also.

3)

Actual result: Game destroying mini bike bug

Expected result: Good times...

Summary: Random Gen Still Bugged .....

Version: 17.1 b9

Game mode : RWG 8k World

Are you using any mods? (No)

EAC on

Random Gen is still messed up... Still MANY Radio towers... Fewer Water Works Buildings and Junk Yards.... since LAST Build.

RWG will be getting some updates in a future patch. This bug will be addressed at that time. - Schwanz9000

20190119054915-1.jpg

20190119055056-1.jpg

20190119055116-1.jpg

20190119055417-1.jpg

20190119055440-1.jpg

Summary: Graphic card crash when riding motorcycle

Version: Alpha 17.1 (b9)

MP game on client

Did you wipe old saves? No

Did you start a new game? No

Did you validate your files? No

EAC on or off ? on

Bug Description: Might be related to Alpha 17.1, might be not. I didn't get to craft a motorcycle in 17.0, I just managed to do that now in 17.1. Anyway, my graphic card (AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series) crashed twice while I was riding my motorcycle. Since my graphic card usually doesn't crash and it crashed twice in a short time while I was riding the motorcycle, I believe there is a connection. Luckily, after walking for a few seconds, I had a "flashback" in-game and was back on my motorcycle, which was initially gone after I reloaded the game save. So, at least the vehicle was backed up and it wasn't gone, but the crashing needs to be noted. I didn't have graphic card crashes before.

no help without crash logs, game output logs, dxdiag report all if possible

also type of map RWG/Navezgane

There don't seem to be any crash logs and the game output logs show nothing unusual. I can only tell you the Event IDs in the Windows System log, which are 7036 and 4101. Those two events were logged at the time of the crash and event 4101 simply says that the graphic card drivers crashed. I can post the end of the output game log files though, but they really don't show any useful information, I'm afraid:

---------------

crash #1 (happened at 00:34:11)

2019-01-19T00:32:36 3927.307 INF VehicleManager Save

2019-01-19T00:32:47 3938.837 INF Time: 65.28m FPS: 24.99 Heap: 1290.5MB Max: 1385.8MB Chunks: 252 CGO: 195 Ply: 1 Zom: 1 Ent: 3 (31) Items: 0 CO: 1 RSS: 3502.2MB

2019-01-19T00:33:17 3968.848 INF Time: 65.78m FPS: 19.63 Heap: 1299.7MB Max: 1385.8MB Chunks: 252 CGO: 195 Ply: 1 Zom: 1 Ent: 3 (31) Items: 0 CO: 1 RSS: 3502.3MB

2019-01-19T00:33:47 3998.878 INF Time: 66.28m FPS: 22.12 Heap: 1316.9MB Max: 1385.8MB Chunks: 252 CGO: 191 Ply: 1 Zom: 1 Ent: 3 (31) Items: 0 CO: 1 RSS: 3502.6MB

Calling Animator.GotoState on Synchronize layer

(Filename: Line: 1352)

--------------------

crash #2 (happened at 11:53:14)

2019-01-19T11:51:44 2548.698 INF 2528.767 SleeperVolume -457, 61, 893. Restoring at -451, 66, 911 'zombieFemaleFat'

2019-01-19T11:51:52 2556.831 INF found

2019-01-19T11:52:00 2564.156 INF SleeperVolume -267, 57, 917. Spawning at -258, 58, 919, group 'sleeperHordeStageGS125', class zombieSkateboarder

2019-01-19T11:52:00 2564.162 INF SleeperVolume -260, 62, 923. Spawning at -255, 63, 927, group 'sleeperHordeStageGS125', class zombieFemaleFat

2019-01-19T11:52:00 2564.249 INF SleeperVolume -267, 57, 917. Spawning at -266, 58, 921, group 'sleeperHordeStageGS125', class zombieFatHawaiian

2019-01-19T11:52:00 2564.255 INF SleeperVolume -260, 62, 923. Spawning at -253, 63, 928, group 'sleeperHordeStageGS125', class zombieFemaleFat

2019-01-19T11:52:00 2564.382 INF SleeperVolume -267, 57, 917. Spawning at -255, 58, 919, group 'sleeperHordeStageGS125', class zombieSkateboarder

2019-01-19T11:52:00 2564.388 INF SleeperVolume -260, 62, 923. Spawning at -253, 63, 926, group 'sleeperHordeStageGS125', class zombieFemaleFat

2019-01-19T11:52:00 2564.527 INF SleeperVolume -260, 62, 923. Spawning at -252, 63, 926, group 'sleeperHordeStageGS125', class zombieFatHawaiian

2019-01-19T11:52:00 2564.603 INF SleeperVolume -260, 62, 923. Spawning at -254, 63, 928, group 'sleeperHordeStageGS125', class zombieDarlene

2019-01-19T11:52:00 2564.688 INF SleeperVolume -260, 62, 923. Spawning at -259, 63, 923, group 'sleeperHordeStageGS125', class zombieSpiderFeral

2019-01-19T11:52:06 2571.073 INF Time: 42.43m FPS: 23.47 Heap: 1310.0MB Max: 1314.6MB Chunks: 317 CGO: 159 Ply: 1 Zom: 11 Ent: 13 (27) Items: 4 CO: 1 RSS: 3442.5MB

2019-01-19T11:52:36 2601.077 INF Time: 42.93m FPS: 20.75 Heap: 1272.2MB Max: 1314.6MB Chunks: 317 CGO: 174 Ply: 1 Zom: 5 Ent: 8 (19) Items: 0 CO: 1 RSS: 3431.7MB

2019-01-19T11:52:56 2620.119 INF VehicleManager Save

2019-01-19T11:53:07 2631.121 INF Time: 43.43m FPS: 24.36 Heap: 1268.8MB Max: 1314.6MB Chunks: 317 CGO: 157 Ply: 1 Zom: 6 Ent: 15 (28) Items: 5 CO: 1 RSS: 3458.5MB

---------------------

As you see, the output game log ends logging a few seconds before the crashes. The map was Navezgane btw.

Maybe more users will report of similar crashes and can deliver more information.

Summary: Massive game destroying bug with the Minibike

Game mode: Single Player on RWG A17.1

Did you wipe old saves? Yes

Are you using any mods? Yes

EAC on or off ? Off Single player

Bug Description: Jumped a mountain on a minibike full throttle (holding shift) and landed on side of another hill that was almost vertical. The game then rubber banded me and I saw another minibike about 40 meters up the road just flying by. I tried getting off the mini bike I was on and the game kept rag dolling me while my mini bike just kept going. It would update my position to where my mini bike was while it was driving itself every time I'd rag doll.

I exited the game and when I started back up I couldn't move at all and my hot bar was gone. I could still open my inventory but using items did nothing. I then typed dm in console to enable it and flying and god mode did nothing. It was like I WAS the minibike. I opened up my map and tried to teleport away and again nothing. Then I scrapped a jar and ate the glass and nothing again. I tried verifying my files and restarting but it would always do the same. I ended up just deleting the save because I couldn't do anything, no screenshots, output logs. I couldn't even exit the game without alt+F4.

It killed my save completely 17.1

Also on my map I seen there where TWO minibikes, the one I was at, and one about 100 meters away. Single player game.

Reproduce steps: Jump a mountain and land on side of mountain.

once done click ok

1) Couldn't do anything while in game.

2) Here is a video that explains it. Just imagine a minibike instead of a skateboard, The minibike was sideways also.

3)

Actual result: Game destroying mini bike bug

Expected result: Good times...

I had a similar issue like this with a 4x4. Couldn't do anything. It was acting like I was the 4x4 qhwn I'd log in. I was able to respawn successfully after reloading the game a few times. Sucks you lost your save game file :/

Summary: <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfOpenLootContainer" action="LogMessage" message="onSelfOpenLootContainer"/> used in progression.xml modlet -

Have also tried adding target="self"

This works on the "local" version but does not work on the linux dedicated version.

The inability for this trigger to function correctly prevents any suffixed modlet XML CVar sets from setting properly.

Version: 17.1b9

OS/Version:

Client(Works) Linux kali 4.18.0-kali3-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.18.20-2kali2 (2018-11-30) x86_64 GNU/Linux

Dedicated(Does not work) Linux web 4.9.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.65-3+deb9u1 (2017-12-23) x86_64 GNU/Linux

Game mode, mp host/mp client/sp /client on dedi (RWG or NAV)

Are you using any mods? (yes, tested without mods except the above entry, same result)

EAC on or off ? ON

Bug Description: It will log to the output_log file but does not display in F1 terminal. Strange... But on clientside, it shows in all of them and functions correctly.

Reproduce steps: Run that triggered_effect on the latest_experimental build on a linux dedicated server and it does not work.

2019-01-19T12:37:24 132.757 INF GMSG: Player 'FringeRecall' joined the game
2019-01-19T12:37:24 132.761 INF PlayerSpawnedInWorld (reason: JoinMultiplayer, position: 511, 47, -442): EntityID=171, PlayerID='xxxx', OwnerID='xxxx', PlayerName='FringeRecall'
2019-01-19T12:37:25 133.786 INF Time: 2.13m FPS: 32.75 Heap: 280.0MB Max: 281.6MB Chunks: 289 CGO: 77 Ply: 1 Zom: 8 Ent: 14 (14) Items: 2 CO: 1 RSS: 1091.4MB
2019-01-19T12:37:32 140.942 INF MinEventLogMessage: onSelfOpenLootContainer

Sorry, but mods(modlets) are not supported at this time. - Schwanz9000

Vehicles despawn while using other Vehicle some chunks away

Summary: Vehicles despawn while using other Vehicle some chunks away

Version: 17.1 B9

Platform: PC, AMD FX-8350, 16 GB DDR3-1600 RAM, GTX 960-4GB

OS/Version: Windows 10 pro V 1803, Build 17134.523

Game mode: SP on Navengane

Did you wipe old saves? Yes, Complete Reinstall and whipe of \\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves

Did you validate your files? Yes (Complete Reinstall)

EAC on or off ? EAC on

Bug Description:

Reached level to build 4x4, already having Mini- and Big-Motorcycle. Parked 4x4 and Minibike in front of my base.

Ride with Big-Motorcycle to next city (some chunks away), returning to base and Minibike and 4x4 were gone.

Reproduce steps:

Build different vehicles, park them in front of your base and ride with one of them some chunks away, then return to your base.

This is a known issue that will be addressed at a later date. Thanks! - Schwanz9000

Archived