Alpha 17.1 B9 Stable bug reporting thread

The Fun Pimp

I am glad that I came across your post. I came across this issue a while ago. The issue is the code is backwards. There are Advanced Muffled Connectors and then just Muffled Connectors. The Adv scheme is a T3, but is coded to show in tooltip T2 and the same for the Normal. So just the tooltip needs to be changed. If you buy Yeah Science 4 (Int 8) ((iirc)) and try making the Advanced Muffled Connectors, it allows you to. Just as if you try crafting the Normal Connectors when only having Yeah Science 3, even with the wrond Tier in the ToolTip.

Thank you, that explains it. Figured it was something like that, but I can't read xml very well.

Just a guess, but possibly there's no FPS limiter, so the game works the card 100% regardless.

VSync is ON and the FPS sits around 30. And, as I said, I had easily reached 60fps in b240 and even in 17.1b8. And why it would peak to 100% when the game is paused and minimized? There should be no rendering going on at that time. The process is on hold. Is it mining crypto or what in the name of Gaben is going on?

not seeing same thing on my rtx2080 and i purposely have 3 games running to compare. were you generating the RWG because that will bog down until done especially on larger than 8k maps.

7dtd

shadow warrior 2

world of warcraft

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27291[/ATTACH]

GTX 1060 3GB vs RTX 2080... if that's the level of hardware we need to play this, I'll revert to 16.4 and cope with zombies running in circles.

The map is indeed RWG but it's day 10... There should be no more generation at this moment. I am in forest biome, most of the trees are cut down around me, it's not raining or fogging. The game has been paused and mimimized for 10 minutes while I was in the forums. I lowered all details to medium and it didn't help.

A few more screenshots of the aps running and the GPU performance tab in the task manager

https://imgur.com/a/KF5Q9SW

-----

Before submitting, I decided to drop all detail to low. It now sits at 55% paused and mimimized. Will try and bump detail and see what happens.

I'm restarting the game client between each change in the settings... Medium settings started at about 80%. As soon as I disabled motion blur and SSAO, it jumped to 100% and toggling them on and off made no difference.

If you have a more detailed plan on how to debug this, I am all ears.

=================

EDIT: Tried a new set of custom settings. Went all HIGH and started disabling stuff. Current configuration gives me back 60fps and a load of 70-85% on the GPU

https://imgur.com/a/XWufnba

I guess some of the effects I disabled were responsible for the extra load, but I don't know which ones

(edit added comment by QA Tester-unholyjoe)

what i posted is not about my computer, it is to show 3 games running at same time for over twenty minutes to compare each game and its resource drainage.

on my example, 7dtd was not using the resources as bad as a fully finished optimized game by a very large company and that game is not a voxel based game.

Summary: Zombies running through the world like there where lagging and ignoring player

Version: Alpha 17.1 b9

Platform: PC

OS/Version: Server: Linux GSFRADEBL 4.9.0-8-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.130-2 (2018-10-27) x86_64 GNU/Linux Client: Windows 7/8.1/10

client on dedi, RWG, WorldSize 8192

Did you wipe old saves? yes. 3 times

Did you start a new game? yes, 3 times

Did you validate your files? Yes

Are you using any mods? No

EAC on or off ? off

Bug Description: The zombies runing like they have some kind of lag. stopping, beaming, running without movement and often they are ignoring the player totaly

Reproduce steps: running fresh server, after a few minutes in game the zombies react like this.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

just tested: all vehicles are laggin too while driving.

Need hot fix patch!!! In level prebaf editor has set up the lighting of the house, after rebooting or loading another house all the wires disappear and all the wires are unhooked from the lamps.

20190122232130_1.thumb.jpg.8c76a8901331e23d1497228904258dc3.jpg

20190122232134_1.thumb.jpg.36974e37612a10a66c31c68bdda4c239.jpg

20190122232148_1.thumb.jpg.e5c8563fe55399ab6f1f0fd89d2031f0.jpg

The lamp is connected and lit. save the house, reboot, wire hanging in the air.

1.thumb.jpg.5d45c762a40133ee54e14b527df60a86.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.f351bd3a6791e05589d84fef35994a3d.jpg

(edit added comment by QA Tester-unholyjoe)

sorry that is by design, you can not wire up prefabs and make them work when spawned in game. (i learned that the hard way too), thats why we have certain fixtures with name of (POI), they are special for designer to add and turn on and off without electric.

same as loading your gens with engines and gas... it will not work thay way.

you cant put goodies in a forge/workbench and so forth and expect them in game.

Summary: Prefab Settlement_01 has no ground.

Version: A17.1 (b9)

OS/Version: Windows 10 Enterprise

Game mode: mp host, NAV

Did you wipe old saves? Yes

Did you start a new game? Yes

EAC on or off? On

Bug Description: When importing the Settlement_01 prefab from dynamic prefab menu, it has no ground block only the gravel blocks spawns. When you spawn it normally in the prefab editor it has plain biome ground.

Reproduce steps:

1. Marking where to place prefab.

2. Placing the yellow area.

3. Placing the prefab and no ground blocks only gravel is placed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Summary: When importing a remade Settlement_01 it collapse when walking on some blocks.

Version: A17.1 (b9)

OS/Version: Windows 10 Enterprise.

Game mode: mp host, NAV

EAC on or off? On

Bug Description: When Importing a remade(only removed the ground and gravel blocks) Settlement_01 prefab, it collapse when walking on some blocks like the stairs to the red barn building. Some times you get a little gap so it doesn't reach the ground.

Reproduce steps:

1. Marks where to place the prefab.

2. Places the yellow area.

3. Places the prefab.

4. Walking on some blocks and the prefab collapse.

Summary: Parkour description doesn't mention jump stamina

Version: 17.1 B9 (all versions, really)

OS/Version: Windows

Game mode, not applicable

Did you wipe old saves? yes

Did you start a new game? yes

Did you validate your files? yes

Are you using any mods? no

EAC on or off ? off

Bug Description: The Parkour skill does not mention its influence on jump stamina usage. Sad, because _that_ would have gotten me interested in the lower levels of it.

Reproduce steps:

Press F1 to open the console, then type dbs

This will open a panel in game for you to type the bug in.

once done click ok

there will then be a SCREENSHOTS folder in the main 7 days folder.

1) Open skill window

2) Select Parkour under Agility

3) Check descriptions

Actual result: No stamina mention

Expected result: Mention stamina usage when jumping is decreased

Thank you, verified and reported.

-Hated

Summary: Break stuff after fall stops too fast

Version: 17.1 B9

Game mode, not applicable

EAC on or off ? off

Bug Description: When zombies go into bashing mode after falling, they only hit blocks once or twice, and then go back to pathing. Maybe they revert to pathing as soon as the grid is updated?

Reproduce steps:

once done click ok

1) Make a ramp that ends in a two-wide or three-wide gap between and a small platform

2) Stand on the platform

3) Spawn zombies

Actual result: When zombies fall after jumping, they take a swing or two at the block in front of them, if they do it at all, and the go back up the ramp. I mean, the advise for people who need to control their rage is to count to twenty, but these zombies snap out of it right away. Are they Buddhist zombies or something?

Expected result: If zombies go into a breaking stuff rage, they should stay at it for a bit.

Passing along the feedback, thank you.

-Hated

Quest completion bugged...

Summary: Quest completion bugged.

OS/Version: Windows 7 Ultimate

SP RWG

Did you wipe old saves? Y

Did you start a new game? Y

Did you validate your files? N

Are you using any mods? N

EAC on or off I have no idea.

Bug Description:

When doing the mission quests (Dishonorable Discharge in this case), kills that were from effects (bleeding in this case) did not register toward total kills to complete quest. Most of the soldiers died from bleeding, and thus quest wasn't able to be completed.

-Hated

Summary: Light Armor perk is almost useless

Game mode, sp (NAV)

EAC on or off ? off

Bug Description: Light Armor perk is so poor that is almost literally useless. On a full set of military armor, you'd take the same damage reduction at level 5 that you get at level 3, and just a single point less at level 3 than at level 0 for a common zombie. It even makes me wonder if it has any impact at all for cloth or leather armor.

Reproduce steps:

once done click ok

1) Start new game, level up, buy agility up to 10, equip a full set of military armor

2) Summon Arlene, let her hit you, check the amount of damage received

3) Buy Light Armor 5

4) Repeat step 2

5) Compare results of 2 and 4

Actual result: Arlene damage decreases from 7 to 6

Expected result: Arlene damage should decrease by more than 1 point

Thank you, will be passing along feedback on this.

-Hated

Summary: Illness not resetting

Version: Alpha 17.1 B9

OS/Version: Linux

Game mode, mp host, dedi, rwg

Are you using any mods? yes

EAC on or off ? tried both

Bug Description: When obtaining the "illness" face there is an inconsistency with its removal. This does not seem to always occur. My wife had the illness and it went away just fine naturally (Although antibiotics, goldenrod, and honey did not speed it up) but mine has been going for 4+ hours. All medications and such have been "tried".

Reproduce steps:

once done click ok

1) Get bit/hit or otherwise contract an illness

2) Attempt to take medicines

3) wait for healing

Actual result: Randomly go away or "heals" with medicine

Expected result: Randomly stays or goes with no effect with medicines.

Can verify this is a thing. Can't really seem to cure it, and will randomly go away. One server-mate is 7 hours and counting. Longest I've had, so far is about 4 hours. This is with both antibiotics, teas, and honey being used. Also, I believe your actual and expected results are reversed. :p

Summary: rise through the ground

OS/Version: Windows 10 x64

SP RWG

Did you wipe old saves? Y

Did you start a new game? Y

Did you validate your files? Y

Are you using any mods? N

EAC? N

Bug Description:

rise through the ground. See video

https://youtu.be/_vhHfVxtxIM

Thank you, verified and reported the terrain elevator.

-Hated

This latest version continues to crash after 15min in Mac Mojave OS.

Same for me Mac Book Pro 2017 + Mojave Os

Another problem is terrifying FPS. What kind of hardware we need to play 7D2D since moving to v17.x ?

I can barely play all lowest settings and resolution down to 1600x900 at 20-27 FPS. Any optimisation expected?

Please follow the link from known issues for the workaround on the crashes:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?101758-Found-workaround-for-constant-crashes-on-Mac&p=914106#post914106

-Hated

BUG REPORTING FORM

Please use this form to report bugs, Testers will then respond, if the form is not used we will assume you are just chatting to each other

Summary: Random freezings leading to crash whenever walking around

Version: 17.1

Game mode, mp host/mp client/sp /client on dedi (RWG or NAV): MP RWG

EAC on or off ? ON

Bug Description: Random freezings leading to crash whenever walking around, no action needed. Can lead to not being able to connect to server, or do connect and crash right after

Reproduce steps: Just left base and walked around

once done click ok

1) Does not allow me to take screenshots

2)

3)

Actual result: Not being able to play

Expected result: (what you expect to occur)

[Attach bug screenshot and output log for ALL bugs please]

Latest: https://pastebin.com/U7ea2fAB

https://pastebin.com/X1YW6Yiw

https://pastebin.com/Rq0JU35R

Alpha 17.1 Release Notes

I will see, if I can get you some feedback on that one, information will be passed along.

-Hated

Same for me Mac Book Pro 2017 + Mojave Os

Another problem is terrifying FPS. What kind of hardware we need to play 7D2D since moving to v17.x ?

I can barely play all lowest settings and resolution down to 1600x900 at 20-27 FPS. Any optimisation expected?

Guys, there is a workaround for the crashing if you just read the patch notes.

Summary: Video Card maxed out while game paused and minimized.

Version: Alpha 17.1 B9 (stable version)

OS/Version: Win10

Game mode: Single Player, RWG

EAC on or off ? on

I just started noticing this, so I'm not sure if anyone has encountered this before. Since moving to Stable 17.1(b9) I noticed the game being more and more sluggish. So I opened the task manager and it showed the video card maxed out even though the game was paused and minimized. It stays the same whether I have all details on High, custom (high with shadows disabled) or medium.

My card is a 1060 3GB so it's not that shabby and I got easily 60fps in version 17.0.

Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/IFznuMx

Videocard is maxed out during normal playing @RX480 @ Full HD. I think that should be giving only 50fps. Other games with more complex graphics run better. The fans at max revs are a pain. Also I noticed the game using 5.5GB video memory (out of 8)

EDIT: It's an absolute clean system, just built up from the scratch due to cpu & board change. Win10 64bit fresh install with latest drivers.

crashes all the time

Summary: Crash after each death and reconnection crash

> https://pastebin.com/cz5h5xGe

Version: 17.1

OS/Version: Windows 10

Game mode : mp host/mp client

EAC on or off ? off

Bug Description:

Reproduce steps:

once done click ok

1)

2)

3)

Actual result: (description of what is occurring)

Expected result: (what you expect to occur)

Sorry to hear that, will pass along information and see, if we can get some info on that.

-Hated

Freezes

Game mode : SP

EAC on or off ? on

Just a pattern I wanted to note here. I tend to get what feels like a 500ms to a 1500ms freeze periodically. I started looking in the console to see if I noticed any pattern to what may relate to the freeze. One thing that seems pretty common is this from the log files.

2019-01-23T19:20:09 684.692 INF Time: 8.89m FPS: 29.70 Heap: 7801.1MB Max: 7801.1MB Chunks: 240 CGO: 175 Ply: 1 Zom: 17 Ent: 22 (89) Items: 24 CO: 1 RSS: 10255.1MB
2019-01-23T19:20:39 714.677 INF Time: 9.39m FPS: 26.66 Heap: 7846.6MB Max: 7846.6MB Chunks: 240 CGO: 175 Ply: 1 Zom: 17 Ent: 24 (93) Items: 28 CO: 1 RSS: 9373.0MB
2019-01-23T19:21:09 744.685 INF Time: 9.89m FPS: 30.30 Heap: 7888.8MB Max: 7888.8MB Chunks: 240 CGO: 175 Ply: 1 Zom: 17 Ent: 24 (93) Items: 28 CO: 1 RSS: 9828.5MB
2019-01-23T19:21:13 748.890 INF AchievementManager.SendAchievementEvent (<...snip...steamname>, Score10)
2019-01-23T19:21:13 748.890 INF AchievementManager.SendAchievementEvent (<...snip...steamname>, Score50)

I'll see those 3 INF logging lines in console right after I come out of that small freeze. However looking in the logs, I see immediately after those 3 lines, are these two SendAchievementEvent method calls.

Just thought I'd share a pattern I noticed. Just had my first crash so will hopefully be reporting that too.

---EDIT ---

Jumping straight into the log now when it happens.

2019-01-23T22:51:40 1949.603 INF VehicleManager Save
2019-01-23T22:51:41 1950.122 INF Time: 29.14m FPS: 36.46 Heap: 8234.3MB Max: 8234.3MB Chunks: 240 CGO: 194 Ply: 1 Zom: 2 Ent: 3 (65) Items: 9 CO: 1 RSS: 7358.0MB
2019-01-23T22:52:11 1980.133 INF Time: 29.64m FPS: 32.69 Heap: 8263.7MB Max: 8263.7MB Chunks: 240 CGO: 193 Ply: 1 Zom: 2 Ent: 3 (66) Items: 9 CO: 1 RSS: 7363.2MB
2019-01-23T22:52:41 2010.147 INF Time: 30.14m FPS: 33.19 Heap: 8280.4MB Max: 8280.4MB Chunks: 240 CGO: 193 Ply: 1 Zom: 1 Ent: 1 (67) Items: 9 CO: 1 RSS: 7361.9MB
2019-01-23T22:53:11 2040.149 INF Time: 30.64m FPS: 39.80 Heap: 8303.9MB Max: 8303.9MB Chunks: 240 CGO: 195 Ply: 1 Zom: 0 Ent: 1 (67) Items: 9 CO: 1 RSS: 7365.8MB
2019-01-23T22:53:40 2069.632 INF VehicleManager Save
2019-01-23T22:53:41 2070.167 INF Time: 31.14m FPS: 31.69 Heap: 8333.4MB Max: 8333.4MB Chunks: 240 CGO: 195 Ply: 1 Zom: 0 Ent: 1 (68) Items: 9 CO: 1 RSS: 7376.4MB
2019-01-23T22:54:11 2100.199 INF Time: 31.64m FPS: 41.39 Heap: 8357.7MB Max: 8357.7MB Chunks: 240 CGO: 193 Ply: 1 Zom: 0 Ent: 1 (68) Items: 9 CO: 1 RSS: 7389.0MB
2019-01-23T22:54:32 2121.580 INF Saving 77 of chunks took 62ms

Seems to be the chunk saving that's slowing me down.

AMD A10-7800 Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G 3.50GHz

16gb RAM

SSD Drive, 120gb free

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Thank you for your feedback, we are looking into this.

-Hated

Random NREs

Game mode : SP

EAC on or off ? on

Summary: Was just in a random Factory POI, likely where you see all the volumes spawning. Had exited there running for my life from a swarm of zombies. Traveled... i dunno... 30-40 car (sedan) lengths in game to another building. Killed a few zombies in what looked like a garage, didn't make it much further through the POI.

A few things happened.

Upon entering the new POI after running out of the factory, I saw a sleeper on the floor. Shot him once. A separate sleeper woke up from a shelf above me and started to fall down to me. Shot the first zombie who was standing up and hit while sleeping a few more times and killed it. Then my console opened on it's own with a ton of red text lines. Specifically the null reference lines that show in the log file. However I didn't see the callstack after the null reference lines in the console. The zombie I killed first in this second POI is at time stamp: 19:46:51, Entity 1609.

Console stopped popping up, seemed fine for a second. Killed zombie that came off the shelving outside the POI. Went back into the building. Killed another zombie who was sleeping. Checked workbench that seemed to be fully functional. Came out of the workbench... I think... And the game crashed.

The factory I was first in, I killed quite a few zombies.

In the log file, I hope to attach to this, around timestamp 19:44 looks like when I left the factory. Gap in zombie killing pairs with my travel between one POI to another. Was in a forest and these POI's are widely spaced.

Few other points:

* Had died in the first POI I had mentioned... terribly frustrating... moving on. Respawned at my bed. And barely before I came out of the "wake up from death" blurry... stuff... As soon as the menu let me. ESC. Exit Game. Quit the game super fast after respawning. Literally quit as quickly as it would allow, kinda spam tapped ESC till the menu popped. >.> meh...

* Relaunched the game an hourish later. Continued my save.

* Saw my backpack was still in that factory... nightmarish factory. And ran back to get it. Clubbed my way to my backpack. Looted quickly. Fought my way through the factory to a basement where there were 3 crates and some kind of locked military looking chest thing? Pop'n Pills crate, and Gas Shop Crate, and one other crate was sitting on top of the military chest. Behind those crates was a ladder that went up to some dirt. Dug my way through the dirt and out.

will try to get the output log attached momentarily.

output log file download

---- EDIT ----

Interesting extra note. After I wrote this up, I went back into the game. Was outside the building (may have actually ended outside the building). Went back in, volume respawned. Seemed like a POI that had the garage area inside the building as one volume by itself. functional and usable workbench. notcrates or cardboard boxes in the garage.

Thank you, reporting the NRE.

-Hated

Summary: Trader clear quest not able to be completed due to enemies not spawning, found the possible reason why and a way around it.

Version: 17.1 b9 stable

Game mode, client/sp

Are you using any mods? Yes, Japanese localization mod. It adds Japanese language to the game. Doesn't change anything else.

EAC Off

Bug Description:Sometimes you're not able to complete a clear quest because the last zombie appears to not spawn. It seems that this is caused by the spawn block being placed on water, and the zombie appears not to be able to spawn there. A streamer accidentally found a way to make the zombie spawn by placing frames where the zombie is supposed to spawn.

Reproduce steps:

Give self the House old victorian 08 clear quest.

If unable to find the last enemy, even if you see the orange dot in the compass,

stack frames where the enemy should be.

See a zombie magically appear out of thin air.

Actual result: Not all of the enemies spawned for a clear quest.

Expected result: Expected to be able to find all the enemies to clear the quest.

Here is a video of the zombie appearing out of nowhere. The video is set to where the incident happens.

-Hated

Not sure if its considered bug, but reporting none-the-less. Either my plant farm or tree farm is tanking my fps down to 10fps (or worse).

The rain isnt helping but i'll show progression suggesting farm or tree farm adding to issue. I have a tree farm, 6 trees wide by 7 trees length, minimum distance between each tree next to plant farm.

1)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27304[/ATTACH]

2)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27305[/ATTACH]

3)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27306[/ATTACH]

Computer specs:

dxdiag = https://pastebin.com/14DDBUzi

I9-9900k

32gb ram

rtx 2070

**edit1: when rain went poof, fps went back up to 30 when near pic3. So rain doesnt like that area.

It's your trees bro! This has been an issue since A16. On my server, we have the following rule:

"***When planting trees, plant them far enough apart that their foliage does not overlap when grown. It creates server lag.***"

As soon as you eliminate any trees that overlap, you will see your FPS shoot right back up to normal instantly.

Can verify this is a thing. Can't really seem to cure it, and will randomly go away. One server-mate is 7 hours and counting. Longest I've had, so far is about 4 hours. This is with both antibiotics, teas, and honey being used. Also, I believe your actual and expected results are reversed. :p

Can confirm as well. I just got a case of transcendental illness... after reaching 2h, I left myself die twice in a row. Every time I respawned with the illness still on and the counter did not reset.

Summary: Radiated zombie spawn for lvl 1?

Version:

Platform: (PC or Mac)

OS/Version: Windows/Linux/mac

Game mode : client on dedi RWG

EAC: on

Bug Description:

If you as Lvl 1 enters a server that is already a few days old, and running near a city, spawn only green zombies in because cities or houses, because you have as lvl one no chance.

Not all POIs are supposed to be engaged by low level characters.

Can you please provide me a screenshot of said location ?

-Hated

Archived