So... Kinda stoked... kinda excited? A17.1?

Jackelmyer

So... I know TFP hasn't had A17.1 Experimental out for even a week. However...

Bug reporting on it is only at 5 pages long (at least at the moment).

Feedback has been pretty solid and we're more down to preferential issues than broad consensus issues... it SEEMS.

Anyone else kinda stoked for A17.1 stable? I mean... I hope they slip in some RWG fixes, but still...

Is it just me or anyone else kinda more excited for A17.1 than you were for A17?

Not as many people seem to be playing exp this time around. The server list is still mostly 17.0.

But yes I’m sure it’s better and I am excited for all the bug fixes.

Mostly I want to see what 18 has coming and that will only happen after 17.1 ships for certain it seems.

I am on RWG in A17.1 and the map is pretty decent. I've seen 2 floating POIs in total on an 8k map.

True, but I highly expect there'll be further RWG modifications in 17.1 Stable, and those won't be reflected in current games without a restart, so I'm content to wait for it to settle down some more before diving back into 17.

We stopped playing 17.1 it was unplayable and went back to 17. One thing we all came to not like is loot was dropping like candy either from zombies or crates. We were just a few hours into the game and we were so far ahead of 17.0 at the same time it was like comparing apples and oranges. We ran into bugs that were game breaking like getting illness you couldn't get rid of unless I deleted their player profile on the server and they had to start over. There were other bugs like getting thirsty all the time at 80 plus percent the same with food. These bugs were not game breaking but annoying, to say the least. The loot issue and the illness bug were enough for us to move back to 17.

My opinion is TFP caved on 17.1 and went too far the other way with how easy it is to get loot and we decided to stick with 17.0 even when 17.1 goes stable. It lost the survival feel to us and moved back toward the players that like instant gratification.

One thing we all came to not like is loot was dropping like candy either from zombies or crates. We were just a few hours into the game and we were so far ahead of 17.0 at the same time...It lost the survival feel to us and moved back toward the players that like instant gratification.

I will never understand the complaints about lack of loot. In every version I have played, I never have lacked loot. Maybe it's more that people aren't getting the specific loot that they want?

I will never understand the complaints about lack of loot. In every version I have played, I never have lacked loot. Maybe it's more that people aren't getting the specific loot that they want?

It's more the quality of the loot. We were getting Sledge Hammers, Machetes, chainsaws, steel pickaxes, higher end guns, all with better quality early in the game. This is a survival crafting game when loot drops are better and or before you can even craft them this breaks the game for me.

I'm building a huge pit to bedrock and I must say I'm very disappointed: I took some falls that should have ended the game but only broke my leg... three times... :)

OK OK I'm still getting use to digging down again! But seriously, A17.1 is good and tough at late game.

It's more the quality of the loot. We were getting Sledge Hammers, Machetes, chainsaws, steel pickaxes, higher end guns, all with better quality. This is a survival crafting game when loot drops are better and or before you can even craft them this breaks the game for me.

I'm not a crafter, so I like getting good loot...but...I agree that guns and things are coming a bit too easy.

When we were finding gun parts in A16, the RNG could prevent you from finding the missing item to complete it for a while, so I'm used to not have a full functioning weapon for a while, but now only a few days in to A17.1, and only 1 point in lucky looter, I have 3 pistols, a hunting rifle, 2 compound bows, and a sniper rifle. On the other hand I haven't found much ammo, so they are largely useless to me. I'll probably end up selling them to the trader.

...but now only a few days in to A17.1, and only 1 point in lucky looter, I have 3 pistols, a hunting rifle, 2 compound bows, and a sniper rifle. On the other hand I haven't found much ammo, so they are largely useless to me. I'll probably end up selling them to the trader.

That's it?! Maybe things are different in 17.1. In 17.0, at the end of a week (and I didn't really loot before Day 5), I had 6 shotguns, 6 rifles, an AK, 9 pistols, 8 compound bows, and several hundred rounds of ammo. That is crazy to me.

I don't really miss gun parts, but I do miss that sense of waiting and wanting your first gun.

That's it?! Maybe things are different in 17.1. In 17.0, at the end of a week (and I didn't really loot before Day 5), I had 6 shotguns, 6 rifles, an AK, 9 pistols, 8 compound bows, and several hundred rounds of ammo. That is crazy to me.

I don't really miss gun parts, but I do miss that sense of waiting and wanting your first gun.

more guns/bullets yes, but requires more bullets to kill them now. spikes alone aren't good enough anymore.

(I scrap a lot of the guns, once the traders won't take them. lvl 1 is scrap for sure)

Why are you holding onto 6 shotguns & rifles? Scrap them and get the ammo.

Archived